PDA

View Full Version : Something really good will happen to this team...

Collier11
10/9/2009, 09:20 AM
bank on it guys! Think about it, Oklahoma is a great state, great people, we have been destroyed by injuries to marquee players, bad luck, tough losses, something is bound to happen soon to turn the tide.

I am thinking a butt kicking of texas will be the start. What better if we cant win the natl title than to win the Big 12 again and beat texas when we have a down year and they have such a cakewalk.

Just a little positive reinforcement, its going to happen though! :pop:

JLEW1818
10/9/2009, 09:22 AM
10/17

htownsooner7
10/9/2009, 09:54 AM
Man, I couldn't agree with you more. My analogy to the game on 10/17 is like this:

I have a german shepherd. 100 lbs, nice dog, pure breed. Last week, we were walking and a junkyard dog started coming towards us. It was a mutt by all accounts, had cuts all over its face and body, and maybe weighed 65 lbs. My dog sorta lunged at it, and the junkyard just showed its teeth. I got my dog the hell out of there. I think my dog and I were thinking the same thing. Sure, we had the cleaner, much bigger dog in the fight, but that thing had been in a few scraps, and mine had not. That's a big deal.

Being the junkyard dog who's been in a few tough fights already can definitely be a good thing.

JLEW1818
10/9/2009, 10:01 AM
we have to catch a break Sooner or later

Collier11
10/9/2009, 10:12 AM
play on words

sooner ngintunr
10/9/2009, 10:17 AM
Being the junkyard dog who's been in a few tough fights already can definitely be a good thing.

Just ask Miami.

htownsooner7
10/9/2009, 12:39 PM
Just ask Miami.

I agree.

TexasLidig8r
10/9/2009, 12:45 PM
Man, I couldn't agree with you more. My analogy to the game on 10/17 is like this:

I have a german shepherd. 100 lbs, nice dog, pure breed. Last week, we were walking and a junkyard dog started coming towards us. It was a mutt by all accounts, had cuts all over its face and body, and maybe weighed 65 lbs. My dog sorta lunged at it, and the junkyard just showed its teeth. I got my dog the hell out of there. I think my dog and I were thinking the same thing. Sure, we had the cleaner, much bigger dog in the fight, but that thing had been in a few scraps, and mine had not. That's a big deal.

Now.. did that junkyard dog discover an offensive line and play makers on offense as well as an answer to seam routes and crossing patterns against slow linebackers as well?

IronHorseSooner
10/9/2009, 12:46 PM
Again goals are:

1) Beat *
2) Win Big XII South
3) Win Big XII
4) Win the Fiesta Bowl
5) Finish as the best 2-loss team in America
6) Get a number of younger guys ready for next year.

What would be so funny is that in a "rebuilding" year, we could finally break the BCS curse. This is the year to get us- new OL, new WRs/TEs- but all of those guys will be better and more confident going into next season.

Fraggle145
10/9/2009, 12:46 PM
The way this season is going, here is what I think will happen. We win out. And then promptly **** the bed in the fiesta bowl. :mad:

SunnySooner
10/9/2009, 12:55 PM
If we have a big game against the Baptists, I think it gives the team a big mental boost. I know how I've felt since seeing Sam get hurt, not knowing when/if he's coming back--imagine how the players felt, 100x worse. The line will improve, and the receivers are starting to catch better, plus Sam makes 'em easier to catch, he's just more seasoned than Landry, threads the needle better. We were finding a groove in the BYU game right as Sam went down, he'll come back this week, shake off the rust, and we'll be ready for the whorns. They have not been challenged at all this year, we still don't really know how good they are, and all the pressure will be on them.

UTsucks
10/9/2009, 01:02 PM
Ha ha that's funny.

Let's just hope we can beat Baylor.

Texass better wait........... one game at a time :pop:

OUmillenium
10/9/2009, 01:03 PM
Now.. did that junkyard dog discover an offensive line and play makers on offense as well as an answer to seam routes and crossing patterns against slow linebackers as well?

this

UTSINCE96
10/9/2009, 01:29 PM
If we have a big game against the Baptists, I think it gives the team a big mental boost. I know how I've felt since seeing Sam get hurt, not knowing when/if he's coming back--imagine how the players felt, 100x worse. The line will improve, and the receivers are starting to catch better, plus Sam makes 'em easier to catch, he's just more seasoned than Landry, threads the needle better. We were finding a groove in the BYU game right as Sam went down, he'll come back this week, shake off the rust, and we'll be ready for the whorns. They have not been challenged at all this year, we still don't really know how good they are, and all the pressure will be on them.

We haven't been challenged all year? Tech anybody? And wasn't that the same thing people were saying about us before the RRS game last year? I swear the arrogance of OU fans is just astounding. You guys could hear a report of a player making a great play in practice and you start beating your chests and talking national title despite the fact you lost the previous week.

westbrooke
10/9/2009, 01:42 PM
We haven't been challenged all year? Tech anybody? And wasn't that the same thing people were saying about us before the RRS game last year? I swear the arrogance of OU fans is just astounding. You guys could hear a report of a player making a great play in practice and you start beating your chests and talking national title despite the fact you lost the previous week.

Nice leap. I didn't see anything in the post you quoted besides hope and some realistic statements about UT's season thus far. You haven't been challenged (if you cite Tech as a challenge, then you aren't the #2 team in the country). We don't really know how good you are. And the pressure will be on Texas to prove they belong in the discussion with Florida and Alabama. And it's irrelevant whether it was said last year. The uncertainty was just as valid then until you proved it on the field with us. You may prove to be as good as advertised this year, too. That's why the game is played.

Before you start throwing generalizations around, please account for every Texas fan who told me all about the awesome running back you just recruited and what a stud he is in practice. For the last three years. And Colt's still going to be your leading rusher, isn't he? Sometimes one person's opinion is just that. But I'll happily make you the poster boy for horn fans: I swear the arrogance of UT fans is just astounding.

Dio
10/9/2009, 01:42 PM

Oh, that's rich.

Gresho Murford
10/9/2009, 01:43 PM

goes both ways man. And I wouldn't beat my chest over barely beating tech at home in a revenge game. congrats on that one

Collier11
10/9/2009, 01:52 PM
All the pressure is firmly back on Macks shoulders and that is the way we like it, he usually ends up tipping over

TexasLidig8r
10/9/2009, 02:25 PM
All the pressure is firmly back on Macks shoulders and that is the way we like it, he usually ends up tipping over

Like in bowl games?

Like in the last 3 out of 4 times we played Ou?

Like the last 30 times we played outside the State of Texas we're 16 - 14.. N NO WAIT!!! that's your record outside the State of Oglaucoma!

Little Game Bob is wunderbar against the Little Sisters of the Poor (as long as they aren't from a nonBCS conference)...

against the big boys... well not so much.

Jello Biafra
10/9/2009, 02:27 PM
Little Game Bob is wunderbar against the Little Sisters of the Poor (as long as they aren't from a nonBCS conference)...

against the big boys... well not so much.

lol really? and how many championships does mack own as a head coach?

C&CDean
10/9/2009, 02:30 PM
lol really? and how many championships does mack own as a head coach?

At every level he's ever coached at?

If my memory serves me right, one Big-12 and one NC. Both won by Vinnie Wunderlik.

In how many years of coaching? At how many different levels? One. Of. Each.

Collier11
10/9/2009, 02:31 PM
texas fans will always tout bowl games over conf titles until mack wins another one in 5 or 7 years

Jello Biafra
10/9/2009, 02:32 PM
At every level he's ever coached at?

If my memory serves me right, one Big-12 and one NC. Both won by Vinnie Wunderlik.

In how many years of coaching? At how many different levels? One. Of. Each.

and THERE ya have it.

i was thinking 30 something years and something stupid like 2 conference championships.

Collier11
10/9/2009, 02:34 PM
NO, its only 1...ever

TexasLidig8r
10/9/2009, 02:39 PM
Like Hillbillies missing their thrice yearly dental appointments... you boys are predictable! :D

C&CDean
10/9/2009, 02:41 PM
We're supposed to go to the tooth doctor 3 times a year?

Jello Biafra
10/9/2009, 02:41 PM
Like Hillbillies missing their thrice yearly dental appointments... you boys are predictable! :D

predictable and right. stoops has actually lost as many championships than brown has won. don't go away mad. just go away. ;)

TexasLidig8r
10/9/2009, 02:42 PM

NOW THAT'S FUNNY RIGHT THAR!!!

:D :D :D :D

Jello Biafra
10/9/2009, 02:43 PM

man, i hope obama gets the insurance thing fixed. i need better insurance.

TexasLidig8r
10/9/2009, 02:43 PM
predictable and right. stoops has actually lost as many championships than brown has won. don't go away mad. just go away. ;)

Proving that once again.. Stoopsie knows all about.. LOSING!!!

TexasLidig8r
10/9/2009, 02:44 PM
man, i hope obama gets the insurance thing fixed. i need better insurance.

He's too busy working on his acceptance speech for the Nobel Peace Pipe.

C&CDean
10/9/2009, 02:49 PM
He's too busy working on his acceptance speech for the Nobel Peace Pipe.

See? Lid ain't all bad.

Jello Biafra
10/9/2009, 02:59 PM
See? Lid ain't all bad.

i suppose all those super wedgies women have been giving him since preschool didnt completely ruin him.

Okie35
10/9/2009, 03:02 PM
Oh we're beating Texas no question, winning the Big 12, and hopefully OUr bowl game.

Soonersince57
10/9/2009, 03:03 PM
i suppose all those super wedgies women have been giving him since preschool didnt completely ruin him.

Small women, at that.

Collier11
10/9/2009, 03:06 PM
SicEm size women!

Jello Biafra
10/9/2009, 03:20 PM
SicEm size women!

heh ive seen sic em from a distance... (its not like i walked up and sniffed his hair) and there are several cheerleaders that make him look as if he were a 12yo squeeky voiced boy. i think i may have a 15 yo neice that might make him tap out.

C&CDean
10/9/2009, 03:54 PM
heh ive seen sic em from a distance... (its not like i walked up and sniffed his hair) and there are several cheerleaders that make him look as if he were a 12yo squeeky voiced boy. i think i may have a 15 yo neice that might make him tap out.

Yes, but does your niece smoke filthy, nasty ceegars and think she's an afficiando?

TexasLidig8r
10/9/2009, 03:57 PM
Small women, at that.

The Costco Economy sized women leave me feeling.... cold.

Soonersince57
10/9/2009, 04:18 PM
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd220/rivalworld/texas/fatsip.jpg

UTSINCE96
10/9/2009, 05:41 PM
Nice leap. I didn't see anything in the post you quoted besides hope and some realistic statements about UT's season thus far. You haven't been challenged (if you cite Tech as a challenge, then you aren't the #2 team in the country). We don't really know how good you are. And the pressure will be on Texas to prove they belong in the discussion with Florida and Alabama. And it's irrelevant whether it was said last year. The uncertainty was just as valid then until you proved it on the field with us. You may prove to be as good as advertised this year, too. That's why the game is played.

Before you start throwing generalizations around, please account for every Texas fan who told me all about the awesome running back you just recruited and what a stud he is in practice. For the last three years. And Colt's still going to be your leading rusher, isn't he? Sometimes one person's opinion is just that. But I'll happily make you the poster boy for horn fans: I swear the arrogance of UT fans is just astounding.

If Tech isn't a real challenge for Texas then why should Miami be considered a big challenge for OU? It's funny how confident OU fans were that Miami was a pushover after they got killed by Va Tech but now after Miami beats you guys they are so great and OU uses it to brag on their tedious schedule. And we don't even want to go into BYU who got killed by a 3 loss Florida State team.

So bash our win over Tech all you want but remember the teams you use to pat yourselfs on the back so much have gotten whipped by other teams. One of them by a three loss team.

As far as the comments about our running game go, I never thought Whaley would amount to all that much his freshman year. I am realistic enough to know that Greg Davis is still our offensive coordinator and it is impossible for us to have a successful running game under him unless he has a quarterback who scares defenses to death with his legs.

As a matter of fact I still think there is a very real possibility we could screw the pooch in the RRS. I know our defense is gonna be fine but our offense scares the **** out of me. I could easily see us stalling over and over again keeping you guys hanging around...that is always a possibility with Davis.

P.S. F Obama haters!

TahoeSOONER
10/9/2009, 05:50 PM
If Tech isn't a real challenge for Texas then why should Miami be considered a big challenge for OU?

As a matter of fact I still think there is a very real possibility we could screw the pooch in the RRS. I know our defense is gonna be fine but our offense scares the **** out of me. I could easily see us stalling over and over again keeping you guys hanging around...that is always a possibility with Davis.

I think Tech at home is different than playing a hungry team on the road that can pound the ball on a lot of teams. I'm more worried about your offense than I am the defense soley based on the fact that you haven't played anyone that can run the football. Texas could have a very good defense but nobody know's yet soley based on the fact that nobody has tested their run defense. Until someone line's up and tries to be more physical then we don't know about them on that side of the ball. Texas going 5 wide all over the field give's me an uneasy feeling but I think it's a going to be a war anyway. One team knows what they got and it hasn't been enough at times. The other team still hasn't been exposed for anything, that will change soon.

westbrooke
10/9/2009, 06:19 PM
If Tech isn't a real challenge for Texas then why should Miami be considered a big challenge for OU?

Somehow I knew this was going to be the response.

Simply put, take OU and Texas out of the equation. Tech should not be a challenge for the #2 team in the land. Put Texas back in the equation, and Tech should be even less of a challenge for team as motivated to hate f@#& their rival as the horns should have been after last year.

OU on the other hand is not the third best team in the country, as we were ranked preseason, or anything like it. For what this team has shown on the field, Miami was clearly a competitor on the same level.

It's funny how confident OU fans were that Miami was a pushover after they got killed by Va Tech but now after Miami beats you guys they are so great and OU uses it to brag on their tedious schedule. And we don't even want to go into BYU who got killed by a 3 loss Florida State team.

Another generalization. You either weren't on this board prior to the game or totally misrepresented what you saw here. The threads about the Miami game were pretty divided between people who thought we had it in the bag and those who were scared by our injuries and the step up in competition.

So bash our win over Tech all you want but remember the teams you use to pat yourselfs on the back so much have gotten whipped by other teams. One of them by a three loss team.

Thanks, we'll continue to do so. Again, the Tech win does not legitimize UT. Beating us will be a better badge, beating OSU in Stillwater will be impressive, and running the table will be greater still. Don't act like you've earned anything yet.

As far as the comments about our running game go, I never thought Whaley would amount to all that much his freshman year. I am realistic enough to know that Greg Davis is still our offensive coordinator and it is impossible for us to have a successful running game under him unless he has a quarterback who scares defenses to death with his legs.

Realism is nice for a change. You didn't actually have to defend the other horn fans I've talked to, though. I knew better. I lived in Austin for over a decade and learned how to separate fact from fiction.

We know it's going to be a tough game. We know we're behind the eight ball as far as injuries and experience go. Most of us aren't going to use that as an excuse. We expect to win even when we probably shouldn't. I'm glad the blind smack talk isn't for real.

UTSINCE96
10/9/2009, 06:38 PM
I never said Tech was some great team. Somebody just said that Texas has never been tested and I cited Tech. A team taking you late into the 4th quarter is not a test? I never claimed it was some flagship win. I'm just saying it's not like we haven't been taken all 12 rounds before.

Curly Bill
10/9/2009, 06:45 PM
From the title of this thread I thought maybe Bob had come to his senses and we had two new coordinators. ;) ;)

htownsooner7
10/9/2009, 06:54 PM

Don't know yet. The whorns haven't been punched in the mouth yet. No running game, don't know about the d line and haven't faced a pressure defense yet. Let's see how the mack's little cry babies respond. OU's got nothing to lose, all presure is on the puke orange.

UTSINCE96
10/9/2009, 08:10 PM
Don't know yet. The whorns haven't been punched in the mouth yet. No running game, don't know about the d line and haven't faced a pressure defense yet. Let's see how the mack's little cry babies respond. OU's got nothing to lose, all presure is on the puke orange.

I find it hilarious that Sooners keep on talking about how Texas hasn't been hit in the mouth. When the past few years OU has been notorious for folding when being punched in the mouth.

And don't you remember how the beginning of last year's RRS went?

SicEmBaylor
10/9/2009, 08:58 PM

I'm just waiting for my growth spurt.

OUAlumni1990
10/9/2009, 09:57 PM

u loze. Tech got beat by Houston. They are not that good this year, and they played a fairly competive game in Austin. Miami was a road game without Bradford and 2 other key starters on offense. Bradford will be back. There's your sign...:texan:

stoopified
10/9/2009, 10:45 PM
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd220/rivalworld/texas/fatsip.jpgThat picture of TexLid's woman makes me wanna hurl.

Curly Bill
10/9/2009, 10:52 PM
That picture of TexLid's woman makes me wanna hurl.

I bet ya can't hurl her very far though. :eek: ;)

UTSINCE96
10/10/2009, 02:17 AM
u loze. Tech got beat by Houston. They are not that good this year, and they played a fairly competive game in Austin. Miami was a road game without Bradford and 2 other key starters on offense. Bradford will be back. There's your sign...:texan:

and we destroyed the UTEP team that owned Houston the next week? The transitive property never works.

And I don't recall the posters here whining about Bradford and it being on the road before the Miami game. Most here were predicting blowouts.

btk108
10/10/2009, 04:36 AM
I bet ya can't hurl her very far though. :eek: ;)

Kevin Bookout would have to retire after hurlin that....

btk108
10/10/2009, 04:37 AM
I see us in the role of spoiler.....go for it