PDA

View Full Version : B.A. man beat roommate with harmonica...seriously

OU-HSV
10/8/2009, 10:44 PM
I just ran into this story on the Tulsa World website:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=298&articleid=20091008_318_0_ABoero9452

A Broken Arrow man is facing the music after being accused of beating his roommate on the head with a harmonica.

According to Decai Liu’s arrest report, his roommate was in the bathroom getting ready for work when Liu burst in and started beating him with the instrument.

Liu, 52, was charged Thursday with assault with a dangerous weapon in the attack last Saturday in the 4500 block of West Norman Street in Broken Arrow, court records show.

When officers arrived about 9:30 a.m., the roommate was covered in blood from cuts on his head and face. Medics took him to St. Francis Hospital, the report states.

Police tried to arrest Liu, but he allegedly resisted and head-butted one of the officers. They eventually subdued him with pepper spray, according to the report.

Liu’s roommate told police that “I don’t know what his problem was,” the report indicates.

In addition to the felony assault charge, prosecutors also filed charges of resisting an officer and assaulting an officer, according to court records. Liu is being held at the Tulsa Jail in lieu of $6,500 bail.

Officers took the harmonica as evidence.

SicEmBaylor
10/8/2009, 11:04 PM
He had to be on something.

I don't get the whole resisting arrest thing. I mean, how can you possibly believe that fighting off the cops will have some sort of positive outcome for you?