PDA

View Full Version : 20th High School Reunion

SCOUT
10/8/2009, 12:08 AM
I am completely shocked but apparently 20 years have past since my prime :mad:

My 20th high school reunion is this weekend. I am really looking forward to it, but I wouldn't feel prepared without the input from the SF peeps. So, any advice?

This a completely loaded question/post and I understand the consequences of posting it.

Soonerus
10/8/2009, 12:11 AM
Be careful...lots of trouble is possible...

olevetonahill
10/8/2009, 12:12 AM
Find the Bigest Hunk type dude you can Find
Send HIM in yer place Tell em all hes you :D

SCOUT
10/8/2009, 12:14 AM
Vet,
Thanks for the advice, but I am 6 foot 175 lbs of old age. I can easily do 20 push-ups and hit a golf ball 215. Seriously, is there a bigger hunk?

SCOUT
10/8/2009, 12:15 AM
OK, easily is a stretch...

SicEmBaylor
10/8/2009, 12:15 AM
I can't see the point in having a reunion for my class. 90% of them still live within a 20 mile radius of FTG, those that live close see each other all the time, and those of us who don't still talk to each other fairly frequently online.

My 10 year is coming up in 2011 though. Assuming we have one...

olevetonahill
10/8/2009, 12:18 AM
I can't see the point in having a reunion for my class. 90% of them still live within a 20 mile radius of FTG, those that live close see each other all the time, and those of us who don't still talk to each other fairly frequently online.

Sic at the rate yer going
You can have yer 20th HS at the same time as yer 1st from Baylor :D

SCOUT
10/8/2009, 12:18 AM

I had close to 1,500 in my grad class. I would still recommend that you go. My 10th let me reconnect with several people I hadn't seen since high school. Even if you don't see anyone new, it is a fun time with people who helped shape your life.

Actually, maybe you shouldn't go ;)

olevetonahill
10/8/2009, 12:19 AM
Vet,
Thanks for the advice, but I am 6 foot 175 lbs of old age. I can easily do 20 push-ups and hit a golf ball 215. Seriously, is there a bigger hunk?

Or ya could do what I did
Say **** it and go get durnk ;)

SicEmBaylor

That's pretty true. One of the biggest morons in my class is a pharmacist now.

The expectations were pretty high for me leaving high school and I've managed to fall behind the stoner kids.

SicEmBaylor
Anywhoo, Scout, do you mind me asking where you went to HS out of curiosity?

SCOUT
10/8/2009, 12:20 AM
Plano, TX

SicEmBaylor
10/8/2009, 12:21 AM
I had close to 1,500 in my grad class. I would still recommend that you go. My 10th let me reconnect with several people I hadn't seen since high school. Even if you don't see anyone new, it is a fun time with people who helped shape your life.

Yeah, I mean I'm not saying I don't want to go I just don't see the big deal.

I loved HS though. I left kicking and screaming. I'd still be there if it wasn't really really creepy.

SicEmBaylor
10/8/2009, 12:22 AM
Plano, TX

I take it you missed the coke/sex crazed Plano cheerleader days then.
That's a shame.

SCOUT
10/8/2009, 12:27 AM
I take it you missed the coke/sex crazed Plano cheerleader days then.
That's a shame.

SicEm, I missed a lot in high school.

olevetonahill
10/8/2009, 12:28 AM

Some times it aint so good to RECONNECT

I searched fer a Bud that i served with in Nam
Found him In the OHIO St pen doing Life W/O :eek:

olevetonahill
10/8/2009, 12:29 AM
Yeah, I mean I'm not saying I don't want to go I just don't see the big deal.

I loved HS though. I left kicking and screaming. I'd still be there if it wasn't really really creepy.

Kinda Like baylor? Kinda like Mommas tit ?:P

SicEmBaylor
10/8/2009, 12:51 AM
Kinda Like baylor? Kinda like Mommas tit ?:P

Pretty much. One of those is much creepier than the other though...

Scout, Have fun at the graduation. I think you should say all the things to all the people you've always wanted to say but never had the courage to do so. There's a **** load that I'd like to get off my chest...

I can't imagine going to a school that size though. My class had 101, and I went to school with those idiots from 1st-12th. :D So everyone knew everyone pretty damned well.

Also, I don't know if you're married but there's supposedly a good chance of hooking up at these things (or so I've heard....from movies and stuff).

soonerbrat
10/8/2009, 07:50 AM
it's no big deal, really. You just see all the people that you used to see, 'cept now they're fatter and balder.

Lott's Bandana
10/8/2009, 08:08 AM
it's no big deal, really. You just see all the people that you used to see, 'cept now they're fatter and balder.

Thanks Brat...I read your post right before I decide to post about my recent 30th reunion. You condensed it all into one sentence. :P

I will say that Facebook has changed the result of reunions forever. Obviously my 30th means we had previous reunions, but this time everyone has stayed in touch since mid-July and we have had several other gatherings since.

My network of HS friends (Norman High 1978 - 710 grads) was around 4 before our reunion weekend. Now, because of Facebook, we get a dozen or so to our get-togethers at Coach's or Summer Breeze and I have over 100 on FB that I am regular communication with.

The amazing thing to me is the quality of people I went to High School with...some really impressive folks, from DA Prater to TWO Playboy Playmates (what other HS class can boast that?).

soonerbrat
10/8/2009, 09:13 AM
with facebook I definitely keep in touch with people a lot more.

Taxman71
10/8/2009, 11:07 AM
Assuming it is the typical 2-day affair, Friday night drinks and mingle, Saturday night sitdown meal with spouses....I would say Friday is very cool while Saturday is rather lame. The Saturday crowd is always much more sparse than Friday and almost all were there the night before to catch up.

Basically, the 20th is the opposite of the 10th. At the 10th, us guys were somewhat still in game shape while the ladies were between having kids....at the 20th, the ladies have shaped us nicely and us guys have let ourselves go. Just get a designated driver and enjoy.

fadada1
10/8/2009, 12:00 PM
just had mine 2 weeks ago. had a great time. went out on friday night - closed the bar, home at 3:30, slept on friend's parent's sofa, up at 7 to play golf. it was like we were back in college again.

great time saturday night at the "formal" thing. great seeing folks again.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/8/2009, 12:16 PM
Find the hottest chick back in the day. She is now probably washed up and an old hag, but you can now slam her like a screen door in a hurricane and say you nailed a cheerleader. She is probably desperate for sex anyways after her deadbeat husband who used to be the qb of the team left her for that bimbo from the strip club, so you should be set.

That being said, I didn't go to my 10 year and have no desire to go to my 20 year.

soonerbrat
10/8/2009, 12:37 PM
Find the hottest chick back in the day. She is now probably washed up and an old hag, but you can now slam her like a screen door in a hurricane and say you nailed a cheerleader. She is probably desperate for sex anyways after her deadbeat husband who used to be the qb of the team left her for that bimbo from the strip club, so you should be set.

That being said, I didn't go to my 10 year and have no desire to go to my 20 year.

wow, bitter much?

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/8/2009, 01:52 PM
wow, bitter much?

Haha, no, just don't really care about too many people in high school. Had a much better college experience. Besides, if the didn't have time for me then, I don't have time for them now.

soonerinkaty
10/8/2009, 02:18 PM
I actually graduated last year, and ima missin' my buds. I'm def planning on going in oh...9 years.. :(

Lott's Bandana
10/8/2009, 02:24 PM
I actually graduated last year, and ima missin' my buds. I'm def planning on going in oh...9 years.. :(

But you have US now!!!

:P

soonerinkaty
10/8/2009, 02:34 PM
Haha good point! who needs them 'ol dead beats. Besides, my hs was in texas. I'm much happier being in Oklahoma now.

NormanPride
10/8/2009, 03:11 PM
I can't wait to see where everyone is now. My 10 year is next year, and I know our HS is big into this stuff. I knew almost everyone in my class at least a little bit, so it will be nice to see them all again.

Jello Biafra
10/8/2009, 03:15 PM
Haha, no, just don't really care about too many people in high school. Had a much better college experience. Besides, if the didn't have time for me then, I don't have time for them now.

Im going to go ahead and assume you were in teh band in high school? NOW you know why you had more fun in college.

Oldnslo
10/8/2009, 04:11 PM
Assuming it is the typical 2-day affair, Friday night drinks and mingle, Saturday night sitdown meal with spouses....I would say Friday is very cool while Saturday is rather lame. The Saturday crowd is always much more sparse than Friday and almost all were there the night before to catch up.

Basically, the 20th is the opposite of the 10th. At the 10th, us guys were somewhat still in game shape while the ladies were between having kids....at the 20th, the ladies have shaped us nicely and us guys have let ourselves go. Just get a designated driver and enjoy.

20th was teh awexome. 10th, less so.

C&CDean
10/8/2009, 04:51 PM
:(

Although technically I belong to the Palo Verde High School class of 1975, I left school in 1973, and joined the Army in 1974. I got my GED in January of 1975 and thought I was a smart guy - getting my diploma 6 months before my classmates graduated.

Then that June, as I'm stuck on a ****hole somewhere in the jungle by Lago Gatun, CZ, getting eaten alive by skeeters and scared ****less because we were doing recon on a dam that was swarming with Panamanian military dudes (during Carter's presidency when he was sucking their dicks and handing the canal back over to them) I thought "hmmmm, who's the smart guy now? They're all sporting long hair, getting wasted, and getting laid while I'm out here in this God-forsaken jungle. It was very much a learning experience in my life.

Anyhow, I did attend the class of 1975 10-year reunion with my ex-wife. We all spent the whole time in the bathroom snorting coke and going out in the parking lot smoking weed. Meh...

Never went back, although I was invited to the 30th a few years back. I got some emails and some pics of the event. I couldn't recognize any of them. They were all fat, gray, bald, and ****ing old. Quite unlike me...

Taxman71
10/9/2009, 05:02 PM
20th was teh awexome. 10th, less so.

Agreed. At the 10th, there were still some resentment about stuff/cliques in high school. By the 20th, not so much, except for the cheerleading squad.

tulsaoilerfan
10/9/2009, 05:37 PM

I think you are giving him too much credit:D

tulsaoilerfan
10/9/2009, 05:40 PM
Thanks Brat...I read your post right before I decide to post about my recent 30th reunion. You condensed it all into one sentence. :P

I will say that Facebook has changed the result of reunions forever. Obviously my 30th means we had previous reunions, but this time everyone has stayed in touch since mid-July and we have had several other gatherings since.

My network of HS friends (Norman High 1978 - 710 grads) was around 4 before our reunion weekend. Now, because of Facebook, we get a dozen or so to our get-togethers at Coach's or Summer Breeze and I have over 100 on FB that I am regular communication with.

The amazing thing to me is the quality of people I went to High School with...some really impressive folks, from DA Prater to TWO Playboy Playmates (what other HS class can boast that?).

Um, pics please? :D

soonerbrat
10/9/2009, 07:03 PM
Um, pics please? :D

yes, post a pic of david prater.

Lott's Bandana
10/9/2009, 08:28 PM
http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/5931/89355578.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.com/)

The daughter of an Air Force (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Air_Force) officer and a Puerto Rican (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Rico) mother, Denise lived in Norman, Oklahoma (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman,_Oklahoma) at the time of her Playmate appearance and worked as a private investigator (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_investigator).
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5057/47704989.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.com/)

Can't find pics of the other one...still looking. In the meantime, pick one to enjoy!

:D

SanJoaquinSooner
10/9/2009, 09:22 PM
I am completely shocked but apparently 20 years have past since my prime

Prime? High school usually isn't one's prime unless it's the high school homecoming queen of a very small town who gets knocked up and married at 18.

LosAngelesSooner
10/11/2009, 07:09 AM
Just be yourself and have fun...and don't go there with an agenda or with anything to prove.