PDA

View Full Version : Serious question, does Baylor have a strength ???

Soonerus
10/7/2009, 11:05 PM
???

JLEW1818
10/7/2009, 11:17 PM
claws?

CK Sooner
10/7/2009, 11:19 PM
Do they have a decent running back?

Soonerus
10/7/2009, 11:19 PM
How is their run defense ??

Baylor Penguin
10/7/2009, 11:20 PM
God is on our side.

CK Sooner
10/7/2009, 11:21 PM
God is on our side.

No, he wears #15 and plays for Florida.

Soonerus
10/7/2009, 11:22 PM
God is on our side.

That has been a big factor since a.c....

Soonerus
10/7/2009, 11:23 PM
If we can run we can roll up big...

SicEmBaylor
10/7/2009, 11:23 PM
Kendall Wright, WR could start for any team in the Big XII. He's damned good.

The problem is I'm not totally sure we have a QB capable of delivering him the ball.

Syz should be okay if he starts -- he holds the school's passing and TD records. The problem is he's just never shown that extra something.

And Finley is an excellent back.

Soonerus
10/7/2009, 11:25 PM
How's the friggen D ??? I am not worried at all about our D throttling you guys...

CK Sooner
10/7/2009, 11:25 PM
How is their run defense ??

Wake Forest ran for 126 yards.

Connecticut ran for 234 yards.

Those were the last two games they played.

CK Sooner
10/7/2009, 11:30 PM
And if Connecticut can run for 234 yards then I would like to see us get 200 yards rushing and I would be very pleased. If Sam plays we may want to lean on the run more anyway because of his situation.

Soonerus
10/7/2009, 11:31 PM
Sam is playing...

SicEmBaylor
10/7/2009, 11:32 PM
How's the friggen D ??? I am not worried at all about our D throttling you guys...

Our defense is horrible.

CK Sooner
10/7/2009, 11:32 PM
Sam is playing...

200+ yards running seems plausible then.

Maybe we can even break some of those 3rd and long draws.

;)

starclassic tama
10/7/2009, 11:33 PM
Sam is playing...

whew! i was worried, but since you have insider info that sure takes the burden off!

Rhino
Finley is still iffy with his ankle, but Salubi is okay. Finley's been pretty average in big games either way.

Kendall Wright is the only real gamechanger on the team. If we had recruited him as a wide receiver (I know, right?) instead of a safety, he would be a Sooner right now.

CK Sooner
Our defense is horrible.

Your pass defense seems to be holding it down pretty well.

Unless Connecticut and Wake Forest just sucked it up.

Soonerus
It seems with Landry we might get 300+...

SicEmBaylor
10/7/2009, 11:35 PM
Finley is still iffy with his ankle, but Salubi is okay. Finley's been pretty average in big games either way.

Kendall Wright is the only real gamechanger on the team. If we had recruited him as a wide receiver (I know, right?) instead of a safety, he would be a Sooner right now.

The whole team is pretty average in big games. I didn't know Finley had an ankle issue though. That's not good...

CK Sooner
10/7/2009, 11:36 PM
The whole team is pretty average in big games. I didn't know Finley had an ankle issue though. That's not good...

Baylor Injury Report (http://collegeinjuryreport.com/injury-report.php?vw=B)

Soonerus
10/7/2009, 11:41 PM
I just bet an extra $2,000,000.00 on OU rushing for more than 150 yards against Baylor...seems like a sure winner to me...

SicEmBaylor
10/7/2009, 11:44 PM
I just bet an extra $2,000,000.00 on OU rushing for more than 150 yards against Baylor...seems like a sure winner to me...

How you doin' Bruce?

Rhino
10/7/2009, 11:45 PM
I didn't know Finley had an ankle issue though. That's not good... He's sat out the last two games because of it. He's supposed to play Saturday though.

SicEmBaylor
10/7/2009, 11:48 PM
How the hell did I miss that?

Well, I hope he's fully recovered for Saturday.

Piware
10/8/2009, 02:35 AM
Kendall Wright, WR could start for any team in the Big XII. He's damned good.

The problem is I'm not totally sure we have a QB capable of delivering him the ball.

Syz should be okay if he starts -- he holds the school's passing and TD records. The problem is he's just never shown that extra something.

And Finley is an excellent back.

Let's make a deal SicEm - no injuries on either side of the ball. We can't stand anymore and you guys have your share too. Maybe they can just make rude gestures at each other and let an impartial panel decide.:P

SicEmBaylor
10/8/2009, 03:08 AM
Let's make a deal SicEm - no injuries on either side of the ball. We can't stand anymore and you guys have your share too. Maybe they can just make rude gestures at each other and let an impartial panel decide.:P

Hahahaha, that's a deal. Or let's let the mascots fight it out. Our live black bears against your Horse Pigs. :D

olevetonahill
10/8/2009, 06:10 AM
The Only Strength Baylor has is Sicem ;)

swardboy
10/8/2009, 07:12 AM
Sam is playing...

whew! i was worried, but since you have insider info that sure takes the burden off!

Ok, now that's funny stuff right there!

olevetonahill
10/8/2009, 07:19 AM
Ok, now that's funny stuff right there!

No its not
tama is still premed and has been fer 8 yrs
Thats Funny:rolleyes:

beer4me
10/8/2009, 08:20 AM
How the hell did I miss that?

Well, I hope he's fully recovered for Saturday.

On the news this morning they were saying 12 players have missed practice this week because of flu like symptoms so you guys might have a chance ;) :D

KantoSooner
10/8/2009, 09:35 AM
I'm just hoping that Calhoun maintains his string of knocking the helmet off of at least one defender in each game in which he plays.

bearfan08
10/8/2009, 10:12 AM
In all seriousness Baylor has a good rushing attack. They are 20th in the nation at just under 200 YPG and in the top 10 for YPC. Finley has been hurt the last 2 weeks (got hurt end of 3Q of the UConn game), but it is thought that last week was a don't need him to win week so he was set out to make sure he was healthy starting big 12. The defense has not proven that they can consistently stop the run.

Wake tried to get cute and run some Wing T crap that Baylor didn't have film on, and it was effective for a little bit. The reason that Baylor's Pass D looks so good is we haven't played anyone really capable of throwing the ball downfield. Wake looked like crap doing it, Uconn didn't need to because they just ran us over, and the 2 creampuffs were more run oriented and couldn't do much else either.

Baylor's KO return has been good this year also, and even though our #1 KOR went down also in the UConn game, Senior David Gettis is very capable and did perfectly fine last week. Both return teams are very capable of breaking a long return off. Our punter is good, but our punt coverage is not. Our kick offs are better this year, but again our coverage team is a little bit suspect. No one is confident in the field goals still, though it is improved from last year. Anything outside of 35 yards is a serious crap shoot, and we are not likely to kick one anyways inside 35 yards unless distance to go on 4th down is greater than 5 yards.

Lots of good WRs, don't know much about the OL yet, the OTs are not very experienced, but the interior is. If we play the freshman (nick Florence) then there will not be a verticle passing game because he doesn't have the arm strength, but if we play Szy the offense could look more similar to the offense RG3 would have run without as many designed runs. Szy will run though and has decent legs.

Sicem you are defending us on a hostile message board, but if you didn't know Finley was hurt then you have no business talking seriously about Baylor Football and it is fans like you who don't know a whole lot that give other Baylor fans a bad name.

TheUnnamedSooner
10/8/2009, 10:25 AM
Internal Bear Smack!

humblesooner
10/8/2009, 10:44 AM
Better leave Sic'Em alone. He is one of ours now and we'll defend him like he was Tim Tebow.

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/8/2009, 04:37 PM
Maybe we can even break some of those 3rd and long draws.

;)

kevin wilson: " see? i told you it would work....eventually."

Cheshire Bear.
10/8/2009, 05:18 PM
Rushing attack, solid defense as far as personnel goes, Blake has experience and we're not sure if his sucktitude is a result of his lack of skills or Guy Morriss and Lee Hays. The optimist in me leans towards the latter. Could be close, probably won't. We'll beat some teams, but not OU.

SicEmBaylor
10/8/2009, 05:42 PM
I haven't seen much football this season, unfortunately, because I've had other things going on the last few weeks. I read the recaps of the games I missed which is why I'm not sure how I missed the Finley injury.

And I don't call this place a hostile message board -- I call it home. :D

SicEmBaylor
10/8/2009, 05:44 PM
Rushing attack, solid defense as far as personnel goes, Blake has experience and we're not sure if his sucktitude is a result of his lack of skills or Guy Morriss and Lee Hays. The optimist in me leans towards the latter. Could be close, probably won't. We'll beat some teams, but not OU.

I had a lot of high hopes for Syz when he was first recruited. He certainly hasn't been impressive, but like you said that's hopefully GuyMo's fault and not his. Surely CAB knows how to utilize him better than GuyMo.

mightysooner
10/8/2009, 07:49 PM
Yes. Higher grade point averages.

VA Sooner
10/8/2009, 09:29 PM
Can their WR play for us?

bearfan08
10/9/2009, 11:23 AM
Kendle Wright was recruited, and I believe offered by OU.

Rhino
10/9/2009, 01:13 PM
Like I said earlier in the thread. Recruited as a safety or he would have come to OU.

Cheshire Bear.
10/9/2009, 05:58 PM
Like I said earlier in the thread. Recruited as a safety or he would have come to OU.

These comments are my favorites.

okiewaker
10/9/2009, 06:10 PM
They have a strength but will not tell anyone what it is until next years media day. ;)