PDA

View Full Version : I'm an Atheist, and even I hope this guy loses

Pages : 1 [2]

JohnnyMack
10/14/2009, 11:56 AM
My main criticism is their supposed motivations in capitilizing financially instead of morally, their secrecy as if it were some cult, and the things that I view as odd in their behaviors are what cause me to be leary of it. I didnt mean to disrespect the religion as a whole, just the parts of it that seem extremely suspicious to me

Wait. Are you talking about Scientology or the Catholic Church? ;)

49r
10/14/2009, 02:57 PM
Wait. Are you talking about Scientology or the Catholic Church? ;)

That was my first thought as well.

SCOUT
5/11/2010, 01:33 PM
So the court rules the cross can stay. Don't like the courts ruling? Steal the cross...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/11/mojave.cross.stolen/index.html

Pitiful.

47straight
5/11/2010, 01:35 PM
So the court rules the cross can stay. Don't like the courts ruling? Steal the cross...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/11/mojave.cross.stolen/index.html

Pitiful.

Probably some Kaiser sympathizers still bitter about the outcome of WWI.

TopDawg
5/11/2010, 01:44 PM
If you really do not believe that This country was founded on Christian beliefs. Then You have Never Read nor understood History

The Treaty of Tripoli begs to differ.

Jello Biafra
5/11/2010, 01:52 PM
why a cross? why not something American? what does any of this have to do with Jesus?

why would we have to worry bout that? i wonder how man fuggin muslims we had in the country in WWI...

OKLA21FAN
5/11/2010, 01:57 PM

now you have gone a done it!!! ;)

olevetonahill
5/11/2010, 02:49 PM

Why would a treaty signed 20 years after Independence . with ONE section open to individual interpretation. Have any thing to do with with the Facts of the original intent of the Fou8nding Fathers?

JohnnyMack
5/11/2010, 02:57 PM
Why would a treaty signed 20 years after Independence . with ONE section open to individual interpretation. Have any thing to do with with the Facts of the original intent of the Fou8nding Fathers?

I don't know, you were there, you tell us what they were thinking. :D

Stitch Face
5/11/2010, 03:21 PM
Lotta mental masturbation going on in here

TopDawg
5/11/2010, 03:46 PM

Why? Because it was signed 20 years after independence by people who knew (or even WERE) the Founding Fathers and because it explicitly states that "the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

OklahomaTuba
5/11/2010, 03:53 PM
Its all they got Olevet, some little meaningless treaty to keep some muslim pirates from attacking our trading vessels.

Kinda like how seperation of Church and states doesn't really exist, but they think it really does.

And never-mind that the States had established religions. And all were Christian.

I hope that cross gets found. Sad someone would steal something like that, but not too surprising given what other hateful things the Anti-Christian bigots like to do.

TopDawg
5/11/2010, 03:55 PM
So, then, you're going on record as disagreeing with the Treaty of Tripoli?

When the Treaty of Tripoli says "the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion" Tuba and RLIMC say "BS."

Is that right?

goingoneight
5/11/2010, 04:11 PM
Dude... why are people so fast to want to remove God, Jesus, Mohammed and Santa Clause from everything? Who cares if you don't believe it or think it's dumb... it's really not that big a deal.

yermom
5/11/2010, 07:21 PM
some people don't want to pay for poor people's healthcare

i don't want to pay for Santa Claus ;)

OKLA21FAN
5/11/2010, 07:57 PM
So, then, you're going on record as disagreeing with the Treaty of Tripoli?

When the Treaty of Tripoli says "the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion" Tuba and RLIMC say "BS."

Is that right?don't worry about that :gary:

that doesn't 'count' today