PDA

View Full Version : women's team harassment of neb.VB?????

ouwapiti
10/7/2009, 05:09 PM
heard something about members of womens' bb team in trouble for harassment of nebraska volleyball team.....what happened???

Ardmore_Sooner
10/7/2009, 08:02 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/volleyball/2009-10-05-1610362618_x.htm

Breadburner
10/7/2009, 08:50 PM
Did they call them nappy headed hoes.....

SoonerDutch
10/7/2009, 10:49 PM
I was at the Nebraska game and the students were pretty close to the floor but that is the way McCasland is built. I myself was actually on the floor behind the Nebraska bench, yelling of course, but I didn't see or hear exactly what the article is talking about.

Against Iowa State tonight they prevented seating on the row closest to the floor and confiscated a student's sign.

bri
10/7/2009, 10:51 PM
Such bullsh*t. Nebraska can suck a c*ck. Punk-*ss bitches.

badger
10/8/2009, 07:56 AM
Around the last time I lived in Norman, when Santiago was there for a few years and turning the program around, there was a group of students who I remember for the final game (or match, I dunno volleyball terms well... it was 5 of 5 because the teams were tied 2-2 at that point) decided to get the server to screw up.

So, they went down to the bottom bleacher, inches away from the girl trying to serve (I don't remember which opponent it was, but it wasn't Nebraska). They just YELLED in her ear OOOOOOOOOOOOO and of course, the ball gets served straight into the net. This happens several times en route to an OU victory.

I would not put it past students to do the exact same thing if they are all crowded around in the stands for a record crowd. Some chicks really gotta get a running start to serve and will back up all the way into the bleachers - who's not gonna take advantage of that?!

Anyway, I noticed when I watched the first few games/matches/??? of OU-Nebraska on ESPNU (the football game sucked that night) that quite a few Nebraska serves were getting flubbed - into the net, out of bounds, you name it, free points for OU. The crowd was definitely ticking off the Nebbish chicks and perhaps, Nebraska is not complaining because there was anything over the top, but because they're frustrated that they sucked so badly at serving that night. Boo hoo :rolleyes:

Rhino
10/8/2009, 12:28 PM
whinny cry babbies

bri
10/8/2009, 12:46 PM
They also had the RUF/NEKS paddles taken away. I guess I don't blame them for wanting the NEKS unarmed after what happened the last time Nebraska was in town for a big game...

badger
10/8/2009, 01:30 PM
They also had the RUF/NEKS paddles taken away. I guess I don't blame them for wanting the NEKS unarmed after what happened the last time Nebraska was in town for a big game...

Perhaps the rules are different for indoor venues as opposed to outdoor venues, but if they take RUF/NEK paddles away, they better d@mn sure take away those stupid paddles the OSU slap against Boone Pickens Stadium at football games.

Cam
10/10/2009, 12:28 PM
accused of excessively heckling

So they want to play an all neutral schedule now? That's what home field advantage is all about.

Eielson
10/10/2009, 03:44 PM
I'm not really sure what the whole story is, but the rules are (at least at the high school level) that you have to be quiet during the serve, and none of your chants can be directed at the opposing team. You can only cheer on your own team. Basically they don't want you to have fun cheering at the games.