PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant ruled ineligible

The_Red_Patriot
10/7/2009, 02:54 PM
Yep...its true

Well...the thread title should say Dez Bryant Ruled Ineligible.....mods...can you please fix.

Dez Bryant Ruled Ineligible

(STILLWATER, Okla., Oct. 7, 2009) -- Dez Bryant has been ruled ineligible for a violation of NCAA bylaw 10.1(d).

Oklahoma State University has already begun the process of applying to the NCAA on his behalf for reinstatement.

This incident does not involve anyone associated with the OSU football or athletic department staffs, any employee of the university, alumni, donors, or any third-party affiliated with OSU.

OSU is taking this step because Bryant failed to openly disclose to the NCAA the full details of his interaction with a former NFL player not affiliated with OSU.

The University issued the following statement from Bryant: “I made a mistake by not being entirely truthful when meeting with the NCAA. I sincerely regret my mistake and apologize to my teammates, coaches, OSU fans and the NCAA.”

OSU coach Mike Gundy said: “We are certainly disappointed, but we are moving forward as we would with any challenge during the season.”

Due to the ongoing investigation of this matter, OSU has no additional comment at this time.

NCAA Bylaw 10.1 -- Unethical Conduct

Unethical conduct by a prospective or enrolled student-athlete or a current or former institutional staff member (e.g., coach, professor, tutor, teaching assistant, student manager, student trainer) may include, but is not limited to, the following: (Revised: 1/10/90, 1/9/96, 2/22/01)

(d) Knowingly furnishing the NCAA or the individual's institution false or misleading information concerning the individual's involvement in or knowledge of matters relevant to a possible violation of an NCAA regulation;

batonrougesooner
10/7/2009, 02:58 PM
Wonder what he did. I bet it's petty.

sooner59
10/7/2009, 03:00 PM
Wow. Mass suicide imminent in pumpkin-suit land.

Barry Stoops
10/7/2009, 03:01 PM

You think Maybe this ?

OSU is taking this step because Bryant failed to openly disclose to the NCAA the full details of his interaction with a former NFL player not affiliated with OSU.

The University issued the following statement from Bryant: “I made a mistake by not being entirely truthful when meeting with the NCAA. I sincerely regret my mistake and apologize to my teammates, coaches, OSU fans and the NCAA.”

GKeeper316
probly played in a semi pro leage in maryland or something...

Gandalf_The_Grey
He is Michael Crabtree's agent ;)

Okie35

Probably was but rules are rules.

batonrougesooner
10/7/2009, 03:04 PM
True rules are rules but I think the NCAA has too many of them or at least an inability to show flexibility and discretion.

Don't know what he did or didn't do but this sounds to me like something less than earth shattering.

Collier11
10/7/2009, 03:04 PM
All I know is if he did anything halfway legit and gets reinstated after they refuse to even review Baloguns case, I will go ape sh*t

batonrougesooner
10/7/2009, 03:05 PM
Reggie Bush's grin just got a little bit wider I bet.

Pricetag
10/7/2009, 03:06 PM
Son of a bitch--does this mean he comes back next year?

cheezyq
10/7/2009, 03:07 PM
This makes me chuckle a little. It seems like even when we're down, those guys have something just as bad or worse happen to keep them lower than OU. I almost feel sorry for them......

.....almost.

44BluesExplosion
Deon Sanders...

badger
He was on the SI cover, which caused OSU to lose.

:les: INELIGIBLE! [hairGel]

tommieharris91
10/7/2009, 03:08 PM
OSU doesn't cheat, ever. :D

There goes their season.

(heads on over to orangepower.com)

meoveryouxinfinity
10/7/2009, 03:08 PM
Son of a bitch--does this mean he comes back next year?

um your a ruh-tard. :O

no.

tommieharris91
10/7/2009, 03:10 PM
OP.com is down. :P

JohnnyMack
10/7/2009, 03:11 PM
Deon Sanders...

This.

Mac94
10/7/2009, 03:20 PM
As my poor Aggie secondary let's out a huge sigh of relief. ;)

Good timing for my Ags ....

Weird how this season has come together to almost all but gift wrap the Big-12 south for Mack Brown (which pretty much means the conference title). Can Mack possibly blow this huge of an opportunity?

yermom
10/7/2009, 03:21 PM
was he talking to the Jets too? :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
All the have to do is lose Zac Robinson and then they can have an excuse for not going to a bowl game!!!

JLEW1818
so much for any chance of them beating the horns...

this is not good news

Gandalf_The_Grey
Mack is a master at blowing things!

Collier11
10/7/2009, 03:22 PM
This makes me chuckle a little. It seems like even when we're down, those guys have something just as bad or worse happen to keep them lower than OU. I almost feel sorry for them......

.....almost.

My thoughts exactly, misery loves company and they are the most miserable of the bunch. It honestly brought a smile to my face. Id love to hear what the OSU fans have to say who were calling OU cheaters after the Balogun deal

insuranceman_22
10/7/2009, 03:26 PM
Dez worked out with Dion Sanders, didn't disclose it, but that is the crux of this thing. Gotta good friend who's pretty connected with the Orange, that's his version & he's in the know.

Collier11
10/7/2009, 03:29 PM
sounds like a stupid rule if that is the case but I still think it is funny

rawlingsHOH
10/7/2009, 03:30 PM
I bet it was a little more than just working out. I'm sure he received some "benefits".

Collier11
10/7/2009, 03:32 PM
like an HJ?

JLEW1818
10/7/2009, 03:33 PM
like an HJ?

"Whats an HJ ? "

Collier11
10/7/2009, 03:34 PM
ask CK, he is the pro around here

rawlingsHOH
10/7/2009, 03:35 PM
like an HJ?
from D$?

JLEW1818
10/7/2009, 03:36 PM
lol, i thought u were quoting beer fest

What a ZJ???

if you gotta ask big guy... u can't afford it!

Boomer.....
10/7/2009, 03:37 PM
Now they're in the same situation we're in. No one to throw to.

Sucks for them.

TheUnnamedSooner
10/7/2009, 03:38 PM
I bet it was a little more than just working out. I'm sure he received some "benefits".

like an HJ?

Note to okie state players:

Remember your knee pads when working out with Deion Sanders

Collier11
10/7/2009, 03:39 PM
lol, i thought u were quoting beer fest

What a ZJ???

if you gotta ask big guy... u can't afford it!

If I was quoting beerfest I would have said ZJ, that movie is the best movie to drink along with EVAR FYI

Pigface1
10/7/2009, 03:41 PM
He was just getting his Prime Time on.

goingoneight
10/7/2009, 03:44 PM
Wow. NCAA... Have you looked into USC at ALL the last five years?

Sasakwa
10/7/2009, 03:46 PM
Dez worked out with Dion Sanders

Thats a NCAA violation? Why would Deion give benefits to Dez? Is he an agent or something? If thats all he did, and he gets kicked off, that is ridiculous. Meanwhile, Bush did much worse and had all the evidence turned into the NCAA and.....nothing.

Gresho Murford
10/7/2009, 03:48 PM
If I was quoting beerfest I would have said ZJ, that movie is the best movie to drink along with EVAR FYI

It is good. I also like to drink to Tombstone
best show to drink to is 3 sheets

Collier11
10/7/2009, 03:59 PM
3 sheets is lame, Tombstone is Bad A...beerfest makes me want to drink 28 beers non stop

I Am Right
10/7/2009, 04:03 PM
If Bryant was kicked off the team for an NCAA volation,does that mean osu sucks has to forfeit the games he played in?

goingoneight
10/7/2009, 04:05 PM
They sucked already, so not really.

Sasakwa
10/7/2009, 04:12 PM
If Bryant was kicked off the team for an NCAA volation,does that mean osu sucks has to forfeit the games he played in?

Yes, meaning Georgia has only lost to a SEC team, which of course is like winning, so the next Poll will be:

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. LSU
4. Georgia
5. Texas

badger
10/7/2009, 04:16 PM
From OP.com (in meltdown mode, but of course), it sounds like Dez would disappear from OSU and the Poke athletic department soon found out that he was going to been Deion for tips on training and such. Deion wouldn't return OSU's phone calls, probably because he didn't want to be associated with such a crappy program (I'm sure Dez wishes he has some scholly offers elsewhere, but he's stuck in orange now, hehe) and because Pokes don't like to be ignored, Dez is ineligible.

EDIT: And this is the NCAA's penalty for being lied to about the case.

beer4me
10/7/2009, 04:16 PM
All I know is if he did anything halfway legit and gets reinstated after they refuse to even review Baloguns case, I will go ape sh*t

This^^

I Am Right
10/7/2009, 04:27 PM
over at orange power, they are going nuts!

Gresho Murford
10/7/2009, 04:31 PM
3 sheets is lame,

wha:confused:

yermom
10/7/2009, 04:31 PM
as funny as this is, that sounds completely retarded

Dio
10/7/2009, 04:37 PM
I'm impressed- it took OP until the 6th page to blame "dem cheetin goonerz"

CK Sooner
10/7/2009, 04:37 PM
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lo lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

beer4me
10/7/2009, 04:40 PM
Oh wait I am outta beer that's what I feel sorry for......nevermind

Dio
10/7/2009, 04:44 PM
...and 9 pages before they threatened to invoke the Wrath of Boone on the NCAA.

LOL, the second non-sticky thread is titled "Basketball starts in a month"

Don't ever change, aggy. Don't you ever, ever change.

stoopified
10/7/2009, 04:45 PM
True rules are rules but I think the NCAA has too many of them or at least an inability to show flexibility and discretion.

Obviously you haven't been paying attention.The NCAA exercises flexibilty in enforcing rules,have you not watched how flexible they have been with USC?

Boomer.....
10/7/2009, 04:47 PM
3 sheets is lame, Tombstone is Bad A...beerfest makes me want to drink 28 beers non stop

wha:confused:

I'm with teh noob on this one. We love 3 Sheets.

G8trGr8t
10/7/2009, 04:59 PM
Yes, meaning Georgia has only lost to a SEC team, which of course is like winning, so the next Poll will be:

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. LSU
4. Georgia
5. Texas

No, the poodles already lost to LSwho and the kitties are getting to get put back in their litter box Saturday night, with or without Tebow.

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Texas

The real national championship game will be played in Atlanta this year.

Anybody got a link to confirm they are going to have to forfeit the UGA game?

JohnnyMack
10/7/2009, 05:02 PM

I've been thinking about that. What's gonna suck is if FL and AL go undefeated to that point and the only ones who are still undefeated with them are Boise State, TCU & Cincinnati.

bent rider
10/7/2009, 05:04 PM
I've been thinking about that. What's gonna suck is if FL and AL go undefeated to that point and the only ones who are still undefeated with them are Boise State, TCU & Cincinnati.

In that case, GO FROGS!!

OUMedMan
10/7/2009, 05:07 PM
Looks to me like Dez didn't suck up enough to Masser.

The NCAA is the last bastion of the plantation system.

Why in the world should Dez be forced to report to the NCAA if he talks to a former NFL player? Shouldn't the NCAA have the burden of proof that something untoward happened?

Rules? The rules are all designed to keep the colleges and the coaches in the money. NCAA athletes don't even have their transportation paid for to get them from home to campus -- even if it's 2000 miles away.

mehip
10/7/2009, 05:13 PM
:O
I must be too used to hearing bad news about the Sooners this season. Because, when I saw Dez Bryant for some reason my warped mind read Jaz Reynolds.

Barry Stoops
10/7/2009, 05:16 PM
In that case, GO FROGS!!

I agree

Sooner-N-KS
10/7/2009, 05:56 PM
I'm torn on this. My first thought is Dez did something that he THOUGHT was a violation but wasn't. OK, that's the mindset of a cheater......do it and hope you get away with it. For that I'm glad he's getting hammered because he thinks he's above the rules.........just like Bomar.

My second thought is, what is the NCAA asking the kid questions about something that isn't a violation? It seems the NCAA set him up. The NCAA has the attitude, "We're almighty. You don't lie to us and get away with it."

From what I can see, my conclusion is that both the NCAA and Dez are crooked.

tulsaoilerfan
10/7/2009, 06:06 PM
So he did a workout with Neion Deion?

VA Sooner
10/7/2009, 06:13 PM
So who does OSU have in the wings for backup receiver? I can't remember their roster too well... too busy with ours.

Soonerfan88
10/7/2009, 07:01 PM
More than just workouts, it appears. Folks in Stoolwater say Dez is driving a nice new Escalade. Also, Neon acts like he wants to be an agent so maybe he was already priming the NFL pump for Dez?

Lott's Bandana
10/7/2009, 07:24 PM
No, the poodles already lost to LSwho and the kitties are getting to get put back in their litter box Saturday night, with or without Tebow.

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Texas

Anybody got a link to confirm they are going to have to forfeit the UGA game?

Did you get a knee to the head too?

MichiganSooner
10/7/2009, 09:09 PM
Does this mean he can't win the Heisman?

VA Sooner
10/7/2009, 09:16 PM
I agree... sitting on the bench is a tough way to campaign for the Heisman.

JohnnyMack
10/7/2009, 09:19 PM
So it looks like he lied to NCAA investigators when asked whether or not agents were present while he was at PRIME TIME!'s house while he was visiting.

Breadburner
10/7/2009, 09:24 PM
It's a conspiracyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StoopTroup
10/7/2009, 09:31 PM
Who's Dez Bryant?

SoonerLB
10/7/2009, 10:19 PM
Who's Dez Bryant?

Just another genious from Stoolwater, they gots lots of 'em! :D

Escalade huh? Way to stay under the radar genious! :rolleyes:

Soonerus
10/7/2009, 10:32 PM
I hate to see it, he is a great player...lying just always gets you in trouble...

achiro
10/7/2009, 10:46 PM
It's official. 'Chiro say **** THE NCAA!:mad:

Dez was stupid for saying no but why the hell did the NCAA need to ask him the question in the first place? Go take care of USC ya stupid BASS TURDS!

ouwasp
10/7/2009, 11:06 PM
It's official. 'Chiro say **** THE NCAA!:mad:

Dez was stupid for saying no but why the hell did the NCAA need to ask him the question in the first place? Go take care of USC ya stupid BASS TURDS!

Amen, Brother! Preach on!

Soonerus
10/7/2009, 11:15 PM
He'll probably be reinstated for OU...

aurorasooner
10/7/2009, 11:22 PM
Deion says an aTm grad turned in Dez. It'll be interesting to see if the NCAA takes it's own sweet time on this issue, while the Aggies play aTm, the Whorns,and Tech w/o him, and (as said in the post above) then he gets the ok to play right before Thanksgiving.
Sanders said Gary Oliver, director of operations at Fieldhouse USA, called the N.C.A.A. to report a violation involving Bryant’s interaction with Sanders.

But Oliver said that although an N.C.A.A. representative visited Fieldhouse USA in June looking for Sanders and Bryant, Oliver did not call the association about them. “Deion saying that we called anyone is absolutely a false statement,” said Oliver, a former college assistant coach.
“The kid panicked, man,” Sanders said. “He panicked. He thought it was a violation to come over to my house and it isn’t. He said no, that he hadn’t been over here, and I said, yeah, he had been over here. I don’t lie, and he panicked.”

Sanders said he was asked two years ago to mentor Bryant because of his difficult past; his mother served time in prison on a drug-sale conviction. Sanders said that before he started mentoring Bryant, he called an Oklahoma State assistant for approval. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/08/sports/ncaafootball/08bryant.html?_r=1
Mr. Oliver began his playing career as a walk-on football player at Texas A&M University in 1986. He earned a full athletic scholarship in his first year and finished his career as a three-year starter for the Aggies at wide receiver. The Aggie football team enjoyed much success with Mr. Oliver as their starting receiver winning two Conference Championships and playing in the Cotton Bowl twice, Sun Bowl and also the Holiday Bowl.http://www.fieldhouseusa.com/official.php?s=partnerInfo

Piware
10/7/2009, 11:23 PM
...and 9 pages before they threatened to invoke the Wrath of Boone on the NCAA.

LOL, the second non-sticky thread is titled "Basketball starts in a month"

Don't ever change, aggy. Don't you ever, ever change.
I was able to get on OP just before the server melted into a heap of steaming sheep dung. Some of them are screaming for T. Boone to intervene and "start pushing some buttons with the NCAA". Go ahead Pokes, I double dog dare ya! Get T-Bone to try to throw money at them and see what it gets you. :D

Piware
10/7/2009, 11:27 PM
Looks to me like Dez didn't suck up enough to Masser.

The NCAA is the last bastion of the plantation system.

Why in the world should Dez be forced to report to the NCAA if he talks to a former NFL player? Shouldn't the NCAA have the burden of proof that something untoward happened?

Rules? The rules are all designed to keep the colleges and the coaches in the money. NCAA athletes don't even have their transportation paid for to get them from home to campus -- even if it's 2000 miles away.

The workout was okay - it's the lying to the investigators that pissed them off. Also looks like their Office of Compliance can't get their stories straight either.

Sooner in Tampa
10/8/2009, 05:53 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA....Instant Classics

Oh well. Like we say in Stilly. Just wait till next year!

Poke choke. It was just a matter of time.

OKLA21FAN
10/8/2009, 07:22 AM
This makes me want to puke [hairGel]

TXBOOMER
10/8/2009, 07:46 AM
Prime is such a good person, mentoring this young man with a troubled past. I'm sure he is not going to try and get some money out of him either directly or indirectly via a finders fee for an agent or getting him in his NFL preparation camp. Prime loves Jesus, fornication is no longer his drug. What a joke.

badger
10/8/2009, 07:46 AM
It is funny that Dez would panic and lie about it. I mean... it's not like people don't recognize Deion Sanders in Texas... and a guy wearing bright orange. It's why you were it when you're hunting, y'know? :D

The fact that an A&M guy turned them in right before the OSU/A&M game is pretty coincidental... or not. Aggies are sooooo sick of losing (as opposed to Aggy, which is used to losing) so I can see em turn to desperation like this... not counting Mac94, he seems cool... but why is it always A&M catching fellow schools' potential violations? Don't they have anything better to do, like get better at football?

Mac94
10/8/2009, 08:48 AM
but why is it always A&M catching fellow schools' potential violations? Don't they have anything better to do, like get better at football?

But we already tied that ... didn't work ... we still got our butts kicked .... now we figure we'll just bring everyone in the conference down to our level and maybe we'll win a few that way. ;)

Back in the day it was always the Horns that seemed to do this ... we coined the term B.O.M.C. (burnt orange media conspiracy) because it seemed they were always "breaking" something on their rivals. It was common for the Dallas papers to "break" scandals against OU the week of the OU-Texas game. It was like clockwork.

As for the Dez thing and Gary Oliver .... who knows what happened or if it was coincidence or not. It certainly does help us ... no question. It'll be interesting to see what comes of this as the main question is why did Dez lie to the NCAA? Him meeting with Sanders in and of itself was no big deal .... why was he so spooked that he felt he needed to lie about it?

badger
10/8/2009, 08:56 AM
Just guessing here... OSU isn't very good at making their players aware of the rules.

The better possibility, and I'm just guessing here, is that OSU's athletic department doesn't have the confidence and trust of its players after the way they dumped the Memphis guy earlier this year. When players have issues, they should be able to turn to their coaches and their athletic department for help. Instead, Dez lied to the NCAA. Had he been open and honest with OSU, perhaps he would have found out from OSU that it wasn't a violation to just talk to Deion.

In any event, whether or OSU is stupid or OSU just doesn't have the trust of its student-athletes, it's a losing situation in Stilly. Congrats, Aggies - you might have a chance to not suck this week.

JohnnyMack
10/8/2009, 09:09 AM
What's all the fuss about?

Sincerely,

Hart Lee Dykes

Mac94
10/8/2009, 09:11 AM
^
|
|_____ [Larry the Cable Guy] I don't care who ya are, that's funny right thar[/Larry the Cable Guy]

JohnnyMack
10/8/2009, 09:36 AM
Prime is such a good person, mentoring this young man with a troubled past. I'm sure he is not going to try and get some money out of him either directly or indirectly via a finders fee for an agent or getting him in his NFL preparation camp. Prime loves Jesus, fornication is no longer his drug. What a joke.

Look at Prime Time's relationship with Michael Crabtree. Is anyone stupid enough to think that the same thing wasn't happening with Dez?

OKLA21FAN
10/8/2009, 09:55 AM
I just want to take a minute here to say something to all you people talking about Dez....

He's a student athletic! HE DOES ALL THE RIGHT THINGS! HE'S RESPECTFUL TO THE MEDIA! HE GOES TO CLASS! DON'T GO AFTER HIM BECAUSE HE DOES ALL THE RIGHT THINGS! COME AFTER ME! IMMA MAN! IM 40!

ATTACKING AN AMATEUR ATHLETE....THAT'S ALL I GOTTA SAY....MAKES ME WANNA PUKE

:pop:

Desert Sapper
10/8/2009, 10:17 AM
so much for any chance of them beating the horns...

this is not good news

That only matters to us if we lose a conference game. Let's not start contingency planning just yet.

StoopTroup
10/8/2009, 11:19 AM
I just want to take a minute here to say something to all you people talking about Dez....

He's a student athletic! HE DOES ALL THE RIGHT THINGS! HE'S RESPECTFUL TO THE MEDIA! HE GOES TO CLASS! DON'T GO AFTER HIM BECAUSE HE DOES ALL THE RIGHT THINGS! COME AFTER ME! IMMA MAN! IM 40!

ATTACKING AN AMATEUR ATHLETE....THAT'S ALL I GOTTA SAY....MAKES ME WANNA PUKE

:pop:

Yep.

Jenni should do another story IMO. :D

Scott D
10/8/2009, 11:36 AM
Look at Prime Time's relationship with Michael Crabtree. Is anyone stupid enough to think that the same thing wasn't happening with Dez?

I'm thinking that Noel Devine would have been a better parallel to draw.

KC//CRIMSON
10/8/2009, 12:23 PM
Poor Dez Bryant..........

Even in retirement, Deion Sanders is still shutting down star receivers.

StoopTroup
10/8/2009, 12:24 PM
Poor Dez Bryant..........

Even in retirement, Deion Sanders is still shutting down star receivers.

At least Deion is a good Christian. Could you imagine what might have happened to Dez had Deion not turned his life over to Christ.

badger
10/8/2009, 12:31 PM
Yep.

Jenni should do another story IMO. :D

It can be titled "Dez is still the most talented ball-receiver, but...." and then go onto priceless commentary like this:

STILLWATER — Dez Bryant stood near the team charters after the Houston game, using his cell phone, eating his crow like OSU fans like to tell OU fans to.

It would've been normal post-loss activity but for one thing.

His Prime Time was feeding him advice.

Which brings us to the wide receiver switch-a-roo at Oklahoma State.

Don't see the connection?

Let me explain.

And then it will end like...

Dez is the most talented wide receiver in Payne County, but he hasn't proven that he's telling the truth. If you listen to the rumblings and the rumors, the NCAA simply grew weary of being pushed around by USC.

Who knows? There might come a day when they grow tired of something USC does, but for now, they appear willing to sacrifice a bit of Oklahoma State talent for a lot of publicity.

:rolleyes: Gundy is now 42. I'm sure he can work that into another postgame rant.

StoopTroup
10/8/2009, 12:33 PM
:D Badj....lol

badger
10/8/2009, 12:35 PM
:D Badj....lol

If we are following the cheezyq formula, we have just killed another thread. Congrats!

I Am Right
10/8/2009, 12:50 PM
Not much being said about ESPN reporter saying topic of Dez and Deion being discussed at Boones booster get together this last summer.

StoopTroup
10/8/2009, 12:54 PM
Does Deion have box seats in Boone Pickems Stadium?

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/8/2009, 12:58 PM
Who doesn't have box seats at Boone Pickens!!! They have first class facilities!!

TheHumanAlphabet
10/8/2009, 02:04 PM
You think Maybe this ?

What the hell does that mean??? Did he have butt seks with a NFL player or did he just say "hi" or did he like ask about contracts and money and stuff - working out??? I hate OSU, but I hate the NCAA more - this sounds truly bogus and or inconsequential and if not, then spill the beans more so we can really go after those aggie sorry arses...

TheHumanAlphabet
10/8/2009, 02:07 PM
Wow. NCAA... Have you looked into USC at ALL the last five years?
^^^^This!

cheezyq
10/8/2009, 02:10 PM
If we are following the cheezyq formula, we have just killed another thread. Congrats!

Nah, that's only for the Fire coaches threads. :)

TheHumanAlphabet
10/8/2009, 02:13 PM
It is funny that Dez would panic and lie about it. I mean... it's not like people don't recognize Deion Sanders in Texas... and a guy wearing bright orange. It's why you were it when you're hunting, y'know? :D

The fact that an A&M guy turned them in right before the OSU/A&M game is pretty coincidental... or not. Aggies are sooooo sick of losing (as opposed to Aggy, which is used to losing) so I can see em turn to desperation like this... not counting Mac94, he seems cool... but why is it always A&M catching fellow schools' potential violations? Don't they have anything better to do, like get better at football?

List Eater Rides again!!!

wishbonesooner
10/8/2009, 04:47 PM
What do you bet the NCAA is looking into Sanders having an agent there?

Collier11
10/8/2009, 04:50 PM
one Eugene Parker is the rumor, aka Michael Crabtrees Agent and Deions buddy

budbarrybob
10/8/2009, 05:44 PM
Dez either lied to save his buttocks because he Knew he did something wrong, or he lied to save his buttocks because Thought he did something wrong.

Where's Johnny Cochran?? Dez needs him bad!! DEAD??!? WT... Get Mr. Sharpton! Jessie Jackson. Send for the HMFIC = Obama can fix this!!!

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/9/2009, 04:03 AM
To me, it just sounds like he was being dishonest like most college age students do. The NCAA should have been like we expect you to do 8 hours of community service a week, the rest of the year because we expect you to be honest and then make sure you do something minor to OsU to show them that they need to do a better job educating their players about what they can and can't do.

unbiasedtruth
10/9/2009, 08:00 AM
Its coming out now that the school knew about this before the season started and its quite possible the Pokes forfeit the 3 games he played in this season.....

picasso
10/9/2009, 08:20 AM
Its coming out now that the school knew about this before the season started and its quite possible the Pokes forfeit the 3 games he played in this season.....

So no national title this year?

TheHumanAlphabet
10/9/2009, 08:30 AM

What was their relationship?

StoopTroup
10/9/2009, 09:42 AM

It was just some hand holding along with flowers and a nice dinner.

JohnnyMack
10/9/2009, 09:46 AM

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/osu/stories/DN-cowlishaw_09spo.ART.State.Edition2.4bbe35d.html

He's been an "adviser".

JohnnyMack
10/9/2009, 09:47 AM
It was just some hand holding along with flowers and a nice dinner.

Not us, Deion and Crabtree.

badger
10/9/2009, 09:51 AM
List Eater Rides again!!!

A&M should be begging for List Eater to return - that was the last year they were halfway decent! Cotton Bowlin', bay-bee!!!!

:rolleyes:

I Am Right
10/9/2009, 10:34 AM
Who's Dez Bryant?

Now that's funny.

I Am Right
10/9/2009, 10:35 AM
What's all the fuss about?

Sincerely,

Hart Lee Dykes

Ha Ha

Wishboned
10/9/2009, 12:26 PM
So does that mean that the team can now be referred to as Mike Gundy and his Not Ready for Prime Time Players?

KingWKB
10/9/2009, 04:55 PM
Dumbez

VA Sooner
10/9/2009, 05:05 PM
Wonder how long this "probe" will take as he sits on the bench. Are they talking about a few weeks or will it be months (and effectively the rest of the season).

The Mike Balogun "probe" was too long... why such a drawn out practice?

CK Sooner
10/9/2009, 05:07 PM
Hope it was worth it, Dez!

stoopified
10/10/2009, 09:52 AM
This won't affect osu at all.After all they are loaded with WR talent,there is.......... and ........... :D