PDA

View Full Version : On this day in 2000...

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/7/2009, 02:21 PM
The Eyes of Texas were blackened...

63-14:D

C&CDean
10/7/2009, 02:28 PM
It was cold, drizzly, and the season before we let them come back on us and win. Every touchdown we scored I kept screaming "get up and **** em' in the *** again!!" We did. Still might be one of my favorite Sooner memories.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/7/2009, 02:33 PM
I agree. One thing after another was going right for us and then Rocky took back that int and I figured we were well on our way to not having to worry about a comeback that year. I am with you Dean, one of my favorite memories as well. That year was full of them too!

Hotrod3157
10/7/2009, 02:35 PM
That was an awesome game and great memory. The game that made me realize just how good we could be that year.

TXBOOMER
10/7/2009, 02:40 PM
I will never forget that game. It was awesome. Although, I must admit living in the past is starting to suck.

NormanPride
10/7/2009, 02:47 PM
I agree. One thing after another was going right for us and then Rocky took back that int and I figured we were well on our way to not having to worry about a comeback that year. I am with you Dean, one of my favorite memories as well. That year was full of them too!

I remember Leon screaming at us that we did the same thing last year, and not to get full of ourselves.

It didn't work. :D

My favorite memory, though, was holding up five fingers to El Ced as he walked off the field after getting blanked. :texan:

primetime43
10/7/2009, 02:48 PM
Quentin Griffin just scored again!

westcoast_sooner
10/7/2009, 03:00 PM
I won't ever forget that one either. I was there with my son - what a GREAT day.

Pricetag
10/7/2009, 03:03 PM
I still didn't believe after that game. I remember thinking what a shame it was that we had to go to Kansas State the next week, that we wouldn't get much time to enjoy the win before being brought back to Earth.

kbsooner21
10/7/2009, 03:05 PM
My first RRS I ever attended! Boy what a doozie :D

GKeeper316
10/7/2009, 03:13 PM
watchin q run up and down the field i swear i thought he was possessed by the ghost of barry sanders... yes i know barry is still alive, but you get it.

thumping nebraska and beating k-state made that the single greatest month of sooner football ever. i remember it like it was yesterday, and think back on that whenever the sooners lose.

SoonerDood
10/7/2009, 03:55 PM
I wish I had been old enough to appreciate that season more. I remember when Simms entered the game already down 28-0, everybody in the Pride was saying "Simms back to pass, Touchdown Oklahoma!" Sure enough on the 3rd play.

SunnySooner
10/7/2009, 04:03 PM
I remember my jaw hanging open, could not believe my eyes, just feeling like, "Yes! Yea though we have walked thru the valley of the shadow of crappy coaches, we will fear no LONGHORNS!!! We're BACK!!!"

Barry Stoops
10/7/2009, 05:35 PM
Aw "RED October" Fond memories

cjames317
10/7/2009, 05:43 PM
Thanks for reminding me. What a day!! I paid $40 for a single in the hornheads' end zone, then moved into their section right next to the 50 in the SECOND QUARTER cuz they were gettin the hella outta there.

Sooner04
10/7/2009, 05:55 PM
I was there!

SunnySooner
10/7/2009, 06:12 PM
My brother was there with an A&M buddy of his, in the ut section. He said they sat there laughing there heads off and waving bye to all the whorns cutting out early. Can't believe they didn't get their behinds kicked, but he said it was just about the best thing he'd ever seen.

the_ouskull
10/7/2009, 06:40 PM
It was cold, drizzly, and the season before we let them come back on us and win. Every touchdown we scored I kept screaming "get up and **** em' in the *** again!!" We did. Still might be one of my favorite Sooner memories.

Ditto.

I was watching the game with an OSU fan. (Oklahoma State. Not, you know. the "good" one... and she had huge... tracts of land. Don't judge me...) The week before, Tejas had beaten up on them pretty good. At halftime, I turned to her and said, "Imagine what WE'RE going to do to you."

Final Score: OU 12, Ghey 7.

Football's a funny game sometimes...

the_ouskull

MyT Oklahoma
10/8/2009, 12:48 AM
I had just finished a 411 day long divorce from hell 2 days before this game. This game took some of the sting out of that divorce. :cool:

sooner59
10/8/2009, 01:14 AM
I remember waking up that Saturday and realizing that I forgot to set my alarm and that had slept in. I PANICKED! I ran through the house and dove on the remote and turned it to the game. 42-0 OU! Just before halftime. I ran through the house screaming "We are destroying their A**!". Sucked that I missed the first half but my day was already made by then, so nothing else mattered.

olevetonahill
10/8/2009, 02:02 AM
Aw "RED October" Fond memories

What a GREAT month
Cost me a girlfriend :eek: