PDA

View Full Version : Lets deal with a hypothetical for a second...

Collier11
10/7/2009, 01:42 PM
I did a quick search and didnt find anything so if this has already been talked about just ignore or banter anyway.

Lets say the end of the year, whether Bradford plays or not, he collects all the info and the NFL people tell him he will be late 1st or 2nd round. Does he then come back for his Senior year.

Not should he, what do you think he would do. Before the season I thought no way but the more and more I read, the more I hear the disappointment in his voice, I can see where this may actually happen.

PDXsooner
10/7/2009, 01:48 PM
no chance. the lesson has been learned. this will prevent ANY future first-rounder from coming back for another year. all you have to say is "look what happened to bradford and gresham". it would be foolish to return.

yermom
10/7/2009, 01:55 PM
or, look at Stafford. tons of cash on a ****ty team. Jamarcus Russell?

SunnySooner
10/7/2009, 01:55 PM
Last I saw, a few days ago, he was still the #1 projected pick. Can't see him going much lower than mid first round, the scouts know what a stud he is, and just about every NFL qb has had the same injury at some point.

westbrooke
10/7/2009, 01:59 PM
I did a quick search and didnt find anything so if this has already been talked about just ignore or banter anyway.

Lets say the end of the year, whether Bradford plays or not, he collects all the info and the NFL people tell him he will be late 1st or 2nd round. Does he then come back for his Senior year.

Not should he, what do you think he would do. Before the season I thought no way but the more and more I read, the more I hear the disappointment in his voice, I can see where this may actually happen.

I think I agree with you on this, Collier. He may come back from this injury and play well and still be regarded as a top pick. But in the scenario you just proposed, as a late 1st round or 2nd round pick, I think he would take a serious look at coming back for his senior year. We can hope!

FaninAma
10/7/2009, 02:01 PM
Or if he comes back and rallies his team to a strong finish his stock goes even higher....if that is possible.

It should be apparent that Sam is not a product of the system. It should be apparent to any NFL scout that Sam is a special player.....along the lines of an AD.

instigator
10/7/2009, 02:03 PM

I think long term Sam would be happier going #10 to a decent organization over taking the cash grab to go to a crappy team.

Jamarcus? He sucks and still got rich. If he had stayed, then people might have realized he is nothing more than a strong arm. It was genius of him to come out and get that $40+ million.

Collier11
10/7/2009, 02:08 PM
I agree with most of you, I dont see any way that he falls below mid 1st round, I am just talking about if he does though. For the record, last yr when Kiper and McShay were saying he was going top 5, Stoops said the info he got was that Bradford was going mid to late 1st. Take that for what its worth

ouduckhunter
10/7/2009, 02:09 PM
I love Sam, and I know that he is a sharp guy both on and off the field, but if he came back I would have to question his sanity;)

primetime43
10/7/2009, 02:53 PM
So which team does he go to? St. Louis? Cleveland? Oakland? Tennessee? Carolina? I would love to see him go to Carolina. They have a decent supporting cast and coach. All they need is a franchise qb. Thoughts?

Collier11
10/7/2009, 03:05 PM
I would hope it isnt St.Louis, Cleveland, or Oakland

primetime43
10/7/2009, 03:08 PM
I would hope it isnt St.Louis, Cleveland, or Oakland

especially Oakland and Cleveland.

cheezyq
10/7/2009, 03:19 PM

...and that's a PROBLEM? Getting millions to not give a sh*t?

I can't imagine caring too much if I were JaMarcus Russell. The guy clearly doesn't care, as he's been fined again for being overweight and missing meetings.

As for Stafford, there's always the hope of turning things around...and throwing to Calvin Johnson.

JLEW1818
10/7/2009, 03:30 PM
check out my boy Walters latest mock draft

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

Gresho Murford
10/7/2009, 03:52 PM
zac robinson in the 2nd round?

Sasakwa
10/7/2009, 04:03 PM
No way he comes back, and no way he's in the 2nd round.

Here is Mel Kiper's Big Board as of October 1st. http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4519330&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2fdraft10%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d4519330

Has him #1 overall and some kid names Gerald #4.

Collier11
10/7/2009, 04:04 PM
You are missing the point! First of all, Stoops has said several times that what Kiper was saying was not what SB was being told by the scouts. 2nd, this was an "IF" nothing more

primetime43
10/7/2009, 04:06 PM
There is no way McCoy or Gresham fall that far.

Sasakwa
10/7/2009, 04:08 PM
I realize Kiper isn't always spot on, but he's good enough to not have his #1 overall go in the second round. Regardless, just put that up because Mel has more cred than a generic internet poster. I assume Mel talks to the same scouts that Stoops is referring to.

AND regardless, to play along with the Hypo, even if he was late 1st or early 2nd, can't see him coming back.

unbiasedtruth
10/7/2009, 07:40 PM
if ponyboy is available when the jj and the cowgirls are on the board in the 1st round.... pony will be a cowgirl.....

canes4ever
10/7/2009, 07:44 PM
I think I agree with you on this, Collier. He may come back from this injury and play well and still be regarded as a top pick. But in the scenario you just proposed, as a late 1st round or 2nd round pick, I think he would take a serious look at coming back for his senior year. We can hope!

No he's gone after this year. It would help him to play this year if nothing else than prove to NFLers that he's still a first rounder

Breadburner
10/7/2009, 07:58 PM
I would bet KC goes after Gresham.......

sooner ngintunr
10/7/2009, 08:32 PM
Sams top 10 whether he plays this year or not.

I'm not convinced Sam plays anymore this year. I think its about 50/50.

If he "drops" to the 2nd round (1% chance) there is no way in heck he comes back to OU, I mean, really?! ZERO chance.

stoopified
10/7/2009, 08:45 PM
If Sam was to slid out of the top 5 it could actually work to his advantage.He could end up going to a good team instead of a cellar dwellar.I hoping the Vikings wise up and take him.I could live with him going to Dallas to replace the faltering Romo.I'm not a Cowboy fan but at least we would see him play a lot.

VA Sooner
10/7/2009, 09:31 PM
He'll be gone. He finishes his degree and he's done with college. Enter the NFL draft while he's still a hot commodity.

Rookie salary cap in jeopardy so it's taking a big chance that he won't be making the same amount of money as he would the next year no matter what round he goes.

Finish out strong... win the Big 12 and Bowl game and end the season on a high note. Enter draft and have a lifetime contingency of fans for all he has done for us.