PDA

View Full Version : How much flak will Stoops get?

TJKDone
10/7/2009, 11:54 AM
If Bradford returns and re-injures his shoulder?

He is already getting a lot of it. If Bradford comes back this year (IMO that is no gaurantee) and gets hurt worse it will hurt you guys more than taking it on the chin a bit with him out.

I am not sure he won't face defenses capable of more pressure (potential risk for injury) than he did against either BYU or Miami.

Hook'em

JLEW1818
10/7/2009, 11:55 AM
kill thread

Boomer.....
10/7/2009, 11:56 AM
It's Sam's decision not Bob's.

rawlingsHOH
10/7/2009, 11:56 AM
He is already getting a lot of it.
He's getting "flak" for Bradford getting hurt?

Breadburner
10/7/2009, 12:00 PM
God bless this mess.......

TheHumanAlphabet
10/7/2009, 12:01 PM
We will get less flak that YellowTeef did a 2 years ago when he put ole Colty-boy in after he had several concussions. IMO - ole yellowteef should have been charged with cruelty or battery for playing colty while he thought it was 1952...

JLEW1818
10/7/2009, 12:02 PM
LOL ^^^^

goingoneight
10/7/2009, 12:05 PM
Stoops won't get it, Brent Venables will. BV needs to whip that OL into shape IMO.

IronHorseSooner
10/7/2009, 12:13 PM
Stoops won't get it, Brent Venables will. BV needs to whip that OL into shape IMO.

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!:D

StoopTroup
10/7/2009, 12:17 PM
How much flak will mach brewn get if he never wins a Big XII South Championship again?

mehip
10/7/2009, 12:43 PM
What?

How much flack would any coach get if he had a heisman winning QB who wanted to return for only his junior year and the coach sat him down all season because he didn't want him to get injured?

Do you expect the coach to be capable of reading tea leaves about injuries to players and then make them ride the pine thus altering the timeline?

Were you complaining about the coaches at Louisville when Braum got hurt? Were you posting this crap on Miami's board when Willis McGahee went down?

Soonersince57
10/7/2009, 03:31 PM
New rules are that if someone gets hurt, they never have to play again. Just in case . . .

TJKDone
10/7/2009, 03:34 PM
What?

How much flack would any coach get if he had a heisman winning QB who wanted to return for only his junior year and the coach sat him down all season because he didn't want him to get injured?

Do you expect the coach to be capable of reading tea leaves about injuries to players and then make them ride the pine thus altering the timeline?

Were you complaining about the coaches at Louisville when Braum got hurt? Were you posting this crap on Miami's board when Willis McGahee went down?

I'm not complaining at all. I've heard more than one nationally syndicated journalist make the point that Stoops should make the decision for Bradford that his best interests aren't served by playing again this season.

You may not think that Stoops shouldn't get any negative PR on the subject, but he is.

Don't you believe it will get considerably worse if, God forbid, Sam gets re-injured? I think Stoops would have to devote A LOT more energy and time to dealing with the fall out.

Hook'em

DMAFB_Sooner08
10/7/2009, 03:42 PM
I've heard more than one nationally syndicated journalist make the point that Stoops should make the decision for Bradford that his best interests aren't served by playing again this season.

This is your first problem...you watch too much useless TV

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 03:45 PM
If Bradford returns and re-injures his shoulder?

He is already getting a lot of it. If Bradford comes back this year (IMO that is no gaurantee) and gets hurt worse it will hurt you guys more than taking it on the chin a bit with him out.

I am not sure he won't face defenses capable of more pressure (potential risk for injury) than he did against either BYU or Miami.

Hook'em

Bob is NOT getting any flak because Sam got hurt.. Why should he? It's not Bob's fault. Does Mack catch flak from the horn fans if a player gets hurt ? Come on.....

Jacie
10/7/2009, 03:51 PM
Does this mean that Meyer should not let Tebow don a Gator uniform ever again?

Bourbon St Sooner
10/7/2009, 04:21 PM
Do you work for Lloyds of London?

SoonerBBall
10/7/2009, 05:11 PM
It isn't Bob Stoops' job to decide if Bradford should play. If he has been cleared to play by the doctors, wants to play, and is 100% Bob will play him. It is Bob's job to put his best players on the field. It is Sam Bradford's job to decide if he wants to risk further injury by returning to the line-up. He could say he is done right now and that would be a perfectly acceptable decision.

Barry Stoops
10/7/2009, 05:39 PM
We will get less flak that YellowTeef did a 2 years ago when he put ole Colty-boy in after he had several concussions. IMO - ole yellowteef should have been charged with cruelty to animals for playing colty while he thought it was 1952...

Fixed
heard you could do this seems to work :D

PDXsooner
10/7/2009, 05:44 PM
i watch a ton of sports talk, and i've yet to see stoops catch any flak for these injuries.

the only place he's catching flak is the texas message boards. at least that's my guess, because i don't peruse them.

VA Sooner
10/7/2009, 09:38 PM
No flak. These injuries happen.

Urban Meyer may get flak if he lets Tebow play too early after a concussion... but not Stoops after a shoulder injury.

Different degrees of injuries with different long-term consequences.

AlbqSooner
10/8/2009, 05:57 AM
the only place he's catching flak is the texas messenger boys.

Fixed;)

ashley
10/8/2009, 07:24 AM
The docs make the decision, if they say ok the it's up to Sam and his parents if they say it's ok.

Desert Sapper
10/8/2009, 08:53 AM
No flak. These injuries happen.

Urban Meyer may get flak if he lets Tebow play too early after a concussion... but not Stoops after a shoulder injury.

Different degrees of injuries with different long-term consequences.

I concur with this completely. A concussion has potentially life ending consequences if a player is played too soon. Brain vs. shoulder in this case means a world of difference.

SOONER STEAKER
10/8/2009, 09:20 AM
Is it fair that a coach gets be-rated for playing an injured player who has been medically cleared by everyone except the media. Media like Gary Danielson need stick to color and stop doctoring.

bearfan08
10/8/2009, 10:16 AM
It may not have been stoops fault that Bradford got hurt, but it just might have been the fault of the OC who called all passess out of the shotgun and all handoffs from under center.

Leroy Lizard
10/8/2009, 11:52 AM
If a player decides he is fit to play, then he is fit to play the entire playbook. Otherwise, he is just hampering the offense.

stoopified
10/8/2009, 02:23 PM
Bob will just wear a flak jacket and keep on going. :)

Collier11
10/8/2009, 02:31 PM
If Stoops played TEbow this week after that concussion he would get ripped