PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Do With Tebow?

Gresho Murford
10/7/2009, 11:49 AM
He hasn't been cleared yet but is practicing.

I don't see how Meyer would possibly start him if he is not cleared. To have a guy playing the way that Tebow plays with a concussion is idiotic.

Plus, if they do lose it won't hurt them much in the rankings since they didn't have Tebow.

That said, I hope he plays and FU loses

fadada1
10/7/2009, 11:56 AM
one more blow to the head (this soon after) and he'll be a brocolli stalk throwing left handed. don't think that lsu won't go all out to put him out of the game - for being stupid and playing.

goingoneight
10/7/2009, 11:56 AM
If a guy wants to put a no-contact target jersey on and throw the ball until he's cleared... I see no problem. Sam has been working out all along in conditioning and in practice. Now, if he tries to do his pregame water to wine trick and forgets where he's at, what he's doing or why he's drooling... then yeah... don't let him go bulldozing those sub 4.2 D-Linemen in the SEC head-first.

rawlingsHOH
10/7/2009, 11:57 AM
I agree, they can afford a loss, still win out, and play for NC.

They should already have ruled him out for LSU.

beer4me
10/7/2009, 12:13 PM
The title of this thread is a bit misleading :D

Because what we (non-floraduh fans) would do and floraduh fans I am sure are very different :D :D :D

StoopTroup
10/7/2009, 12:15 PM
I'd tie him to a stake....

Nevermind...It's already been done....

beer4me
10/7/2009, 12:16 PM
I'd tie him to a stake....

Nevermind...It's already been done....

:D :D :D

SoonerLB
10/7/2009, 12:24 PM
I'd hand him a bag of snippers and pack his azz off to the Philippines for an extended stay. :D

FaninAma
10/7/2009, 12:54 PM
The recommendations vary but the American Academy of Neurology suggests that an athlete that has suffered a Grade 3 concussion like the one Tebow had can return to play after he is asymptomatic for 2 weeks(ie. headache, memory loss or dizziness) if that is the first concussion he has ever suffered.

If it was his second then he needs to be assymptomatic for 1 month.

Other guidelines are more strict. The Colorado Medical Society recommends wiating 1 month after the first grade 3 and terminating the season after the second.

An athlete's chances of suffering another grade 3 concussion is 4.5 x higher than it was for suffering the first.

So, in the big scheme of things Tebow's injury is more career threatening that Sam's.

For comparison sake Sam suffered a grade 2 concussion against TT in 2007 and the guidelines allowed him to return after one week.

KantoSooner
10/7/2009, 12:55 PM
concrete shoes, short pier, at low tide.....

hellogoodbye
10/7/2009, 01:07 PM
The Gary Busey helmet protector protector

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/8106/59/1600/busey.jpg

Pigface1
10/7/2009, 01:08 PM
I would spend just 5 minutes with HIM so I could be a better person for it.

Collier11
10/7/2009, 01:18 PM
He was srambled eggs the other night, no way I play him

Pricetag
10/7/2009, 01:28 PM
http://i8.ebayimg.com/01/i/001/15/ae/37c7_1.JPG

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 01:28 PM
What would i do with Tebow ?

I'd throw him under a ****ing bus !

cjames317
10/7/2009, 01:34 PM
I'd say: “Why are you yelling? You’re a foot from me”

OUmillenium
10/7/2009, 01:38 PM
{pulls pin on Holy Hand grenade of Antioch}

{lobs hand grenade toward Timmy's direction}

{Fortunately, Timmy flees and the ESPN crew is blown to Kingdom come}

ouduckhunter
10/7/2009, 02:12 PM
I'd hand him a bag of snippers and pack his azz off to the Philippines for an extended stay. :D

LOL!

I'll happy to donate some Air Miles to keep the poor thang out of harms way!

sooner59
10/7/2009, 02:57 PM
Bring him gold, frankensense, and mir.

humblesooner
10/7/2009, 03:51 PM
Set the grill to high, put it on for about 4-1/2 minutes on each side, remove from the grill, cut in to bite size pieces and enjoy, give the bone to the dog.

Oh, you said T-BOW.

Nevermind.

G8trGr8t
10/7/2009, 05:08 PM
The recommendations vary but the American Academy of Neurology suggests that an athlete that has suffered a Grade 3 concussion like the one Tebow had can return to play after he is asymptomatic for 2 weeks(ie. headache, memory loss or dizziness) if that is the first concussion he has ever suffered.

If it was his second then he needs to be assymptomatic for 1 month.

Other guidelines are more strict. The Colorado Medical Society recommends wiating 1 month after the first grade 3 and terminating the season after the second.

An athlete's chances of suffering another grade 3 concussion is 4.5 x higher than it was for suffering the first.

So, in the big scheme of things Tebow's injury is more career threatening that Sam's.

For comparison sake Sam suffered a grade 2 concussion against TT in 2007 and the guidelines allowed him to return after one week.

How are you coming to the conclusion that it was a grade 3 concussion?

The doctors and his family will decide if he is okay to play, and then Meyer will have a decision to make but he is third in that pecking order.

We could beat LSwho with Crompton playing QB though so I personally hope he doesn't play.

If the docs say he is good to go and his family feels he is okay, it is going to be tough for Meyer to tell him he can't play after all that Tebow has done for Meyer and UF. Knowing what kind of competetor he is, there is no way he wants to miss this, or any other, game.

Okie35
10/7/2009, 05:12 PM

The doctors and his family will decide if he is okay to play, and then Meyer will have a decision to make but he is third in that pecking order.

We could beat LSwho with Crompton playing QB though so I personally hope he doesn't play.

If the docs say he is good to go and his family feels he is okay, it is going to be tough for Meyer to tell him he can't play after all that Tebow has done for Meyer and UF. Knowing what kind of competetor he is, there is no way he wants to miss this, or any other, game.

Brantley is a better QB than Tebow ever will be. As far as a REAL qb.

sooner518
10/7/2009, 05:58 PM

The Tennessee QB? /random

FaninAma
10/7/2009, 06:20 PM

We could beat LSwho with Crompton playing QB though so I personally hope he doesn't play.:(
If the docs say he is good to go and his family feels he is okay, it is going to be tough for Meyer to tell him he can't play after all that Tebow has done for
Meyer and UF. Knowing what kind of competetor he is, there is no way he
wants to miss this, or any other, game.

Any LOC places the concussion in a grade 3 category.

Tebow hasn't been cleared yet to play in the game.

Any coach or doctor who clears him should understand
and accept the liability should Tebow receive another
concussion.....which would essentially knock Tebow out
for the year.

G8trGr8t
10/7/2009, 09:01 PM
I never saw anything that confirmed loss of consciousness. Got a link to anything that did?

mightysooner
10/7/2009, 09:03 PM
I'd turn Tebow into a speed bump on the North oval.

VA Sooner
10/7/2009, 09:23 PM
Bench him. See what Brantley will do... if he does well, play the third-string QB.

G8trGr8t
10/7/2009, 09:31 PM
Bench him. See what Brantley will do... if he does well, play the third-string QB.

3rd string QB is redshirted. Don't want to burn that unless we have to.

FaninAma
10/7/2009, 09:44 PM
DP

FaninAma
10/7/2009, 09:49 PM
I never saw anything that confirmed loss of consciousness. Got a link to anything that did?

Did you watch the game? Either Tebow was
out cold or he was just laying on the turf just
to attract attention.

Either option is plausible with Tebow.

It would also be the 1st grade 1 or 2 concussion
that I was aware of that required hospitalization
overnight. Additionally by still not being officially
cleared to play yet the Florida team physicians
have indicated they are treating his concussion
as a grade 3.

G8trGr8t
10/7/2009, 10:11 PM
If it was a grade 3, they should not have cleared him to practice yet and they did that. I hope he doesn't play but there is no way that a neurologist is going to clear him if there is more than the normal risk and Meyer won't even think about playing him without medical clearance.

Piware
10/7/2009, 11:32 PM
By all means, let him start. He doesn't need a helmet when he has his halo.

On the other hand, if he wanders off to the parking lot or gets in the wrong huddle, put in the backup.

prrriiide
10/8/2009, 12:06 AM
Hold him out and exhort the team to go out and win one for the snipper.

ouduckhunter
10/8/2009, 12:56 AM
Hold him out and exhort the team to go out and win one for the snipper.

That is ESPN Classic worthy!

olevetonahill
10/8/2009, 02:08 AM
Put him here
http://img.directindustry.com/images_di/photo-g/wood-chipper-95147.jpg

mehip
10/8/2009, 06:25 AM
Speaking as someone who's had one grade 2 and one grade 3 concussion playing as an undersized OLB, I'd sit him down for an extra week.

The grade 3 concussion was incredibly frightening to my family and my coaches/Dr. were very conservative about allowing me back on the field despite my eagerness to play.

XFollower
10/8/2009, 06:52 AM
I would forfeit. There is no hope without Tebow. Tebow = Hope

beer4me
10/8/2009, 08:25 AM
Put him here
http://img.directindustry.com/images_di/photo-g/wood-chipper-95147.jpg

Uhmmm Fargo :P

SanJoaquinSooner
10/8/2009, 08:41 AM
For concussions, it's up to the doctors. If they don't clear him, Meyer CAN'T play him.

Collier11
10/8/2009, 08:47 AM
Problem is there are plenty of doctors who are influenced by Coaches and $$$, they need outside doctors to come in, Honestly. IF he goes out there and gets another concussion this week that would be bad news

FaninAma
10/8/2009, 09:12 AM
If it was a grade 3, they should not have cleared him to practice yet and they did that. I hope he doesn't play but there is no way that a neurologist is going to clear him if there is more than the normal risk and Meyer won't even think about playing him without medical clearance.

Do you really think he is taking contact in practice?
Surely you think Urban is smarter than that.

Listen, I don't really care whether he plays or not
other than the fact that by coming back too soon
he is placing himself at risk for an even more serious
concussion.

I do know that if the Gator coaching staff has even
half a brain they will emphasize to Tim that he
cannot put himself at risk by running a lot and taking
on tacklers head on.

badger
10/8/2009, 10:01 AM
http://i35.tinypic.com/120nubt.jpg

I choose option C... although the other two might accomplish the same end result.

TAFBSooner
10/9/2009, 04:49 PM
I have my ringtones, I'm very proud of our Ebony Ninja Assassin, I even know about the Search function.

Now what's with "snipper?"

Mjcpr
10/9/2009, 04:55 PM
I would have him fly around the earth over and over in such a fashion as to turn back time to the point of last year's NC game where I would then promptly sit him for the contest.

VA Sooner
10/9/2009, 05:13 PM
Ha ha! That's a great idea.

Sorry Tim... you're not carrying your weight on this team. We're benching you for the NC game.

prrriiide
10/10/2009, 02:32 AM
Now what's with "snipper?"

Football Star Tim Tebow Helps Circumcise Pinoy Kids

http://asianjournal.wordpress.com/2008/05/06/football-star-tim-tebow-helps-circumcise-pinoy-kids/

I guess he figgers that since he ain't usin' hisn fer nuthin', they don't need all o' theirs...

sooner59
10/10/2009, 03:54 AM
All jokes aside with Tebow....its a hard decision if he gets sick on the flight to Louisiana. You know that he is queezy with flights anyway, but with the concussion, it would make you second guess it. It would be difficult for me to play him if he showed any symptoms after the flight. If Meyer put him in the game and anything happened with his head, it would be really, really bad for Tim, Meyer, Florida, and everyone involved. I don't like the him, but I certainly don't wish any serious injuries on him.

If he does play, he needs to realize that lowering his head and plowing through, like he usually does, is NOT the answer now. He has to look out for his health and try to avoid helmet contact.

sendbaht
10/10/2009, 04:09 AM
People who have had a brain injury are more likely to experience a subsequent brain injury. It does do a lot os a game. A pocket passer he is not. Hold him out or this could be his last game for a long time. LSU is not pansy state.

Still having a hard time with who I wish to win. Hate (football hate) both teams. How about you who do you wish to win and why?

IronHorseSooner
10/10/2009, 09:13 AM
People who have had a brain injury are more likely to experience a subsequent brain injury. It does do a lot os a game. A pocket passer he is not. Hold him out or this could be his last game for a long time. LSU is not pansy state.

Still having a hard time with who I wish to win. Hate (football hate) both teams. How about you who do you wish to win and why?

Like I said, since my son will be going there, I guess FLA. I can't stand Less Smiles:mad: He's a wart on the @$$ of college football. For him to have a chance at another MNC would be a slap in the face of coaches like the Bear, Bud, Joe Pa, Woody, McKay, and even Rockne. He's no better than Bob, Petey, Meyer, Tressel, Saban, or Smack, he's just luckier than carp! If Bob had his luck (not skill, because he really doesn't have skill), Bob would've had at least two more MNCs.

Blues1
10/10/2009, 09:18 AM
Something tells me (Gut Feeling) If Tebow Plays today - It Will Not be Cool....Not agains't LSU - They will be gunning for Him....!!
Becareful Today Tim Tebow......

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/10/2009, 09:32 AM
"If we get a good shot on [Tebow], we're going to try our best to take him out of the game." Ricky Jean-Francois, the DE for LSU said this last year.

Of course he backed off his quote later on but you can't tell me he's not licking his chops for a chance to take out the snipper. I know that crowd can get ridiculously loud down there and couldn't that have a negative effect on the concussion? I personally would sit him because the long term health of any kid is not worth risking with a head injury.

Maybe they can set up a snipper station for him on the sidelines for him to use between motivational, borderline insane driven sideline speeches.

SoonerLB
10/10/2009, 09:41 AM
Sit his azz down! With what little brain he has in question, one of those "borderline insane driven sideline speeches" could blow a fuse and turn him in to what LSUfreek did on the fark board. :D

I Am Right
10/10/2009, 10:06 AM
They are doing a Tebow tribute now on ESPN.Geees

okiewaker
10/10/2009, 10:10 AM
I'm sure the LSU fans are loving this. All day Tebow stuff.

IronHorseSooner
10/10/2009, 10:10 AM
They are doing a Tebow eulogy now on ESPN.Geees

Fixed! Again, I wouldn't know since I boycotted Gameday this year. My blood pressure is actually much better.