PDA

View Full Version : Living Among the Whorns, episode 1

47straight
10/7/2009, 10:17 AM
Nothing is worse than living in Austin when the Sooners lose. The taunting, the *********gery, the lack of actual football knowledge, the blind homerism... but even besides the media, the fans are pretty terrible human beings too.

For catharsis and my own well-being, I'll post anecdotes of what I see and hear. Don't interpret this as the equivalent of an out-of-season whorns-down hand gesture. It's so you can maybe smile, shake your head, or keep me from going Falling Down.

Our first story begins earlier this year at the HEB grocery store on a Saturday night, and the Texas game has already started. I'm sporting an OU polo shirt and picking out ice cream.

Typical Horn Fan: "OU Sucks!"

I turn around, look at the guy's full basket and some chick he with, further down the aisle looking at something. Two facts become very clear.

"Well, you must not think much of Texas either, considering how you're at the HEB while the game is on, holding your woman's purse like a real man."

He muttered some curse words and walked away.

TexasLidig8r
10/7/2009, 10:32 AM
This really wasn't one of your better efforts.

C&CDean
10/7/2009, 10:38 AM
Tell lid about the time some bowtie wearing lawyer approached you in the HEB during the game begging for butt secks.

47straight
10/7/2009, 11:07 AM
This really wasn't one of your better efforts.

Dude didn't even realize his team was on TV! Either that or he let his woman drag him to the store during the game. Either way it was pretty funny. To me at least.

I'll embellish it next time in the style of michael bay.

http://i.adultswim.com/asfix/repository/8a25c3920ef15683010ef20fc9d2015d/thumbnail_13657.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRS90V8BQGo

TexasLidig8r
10/7/2009, 11:17 AM
Tell lid about the time some bowtie wearing lawyer approached you in the HEB during the game begging for butt secks.

Was he an erudite, very well dressed, articulate, perfectly manicured bon vivant?

C&CDean
10/7/2009, 11:18 AM
Was he an erudite, very well dressed, articulate, perfectly manicured bon vivant?

Indeed he was, mon ami. Indeed he was...

TexasLidig8r
10/7/2009, 11:20 AM
Indeed he was, mon ami. Indeed he was...

F em then!

:D

C&CDean
10/7/2009, 11:22 AM
You look so much better in Packer colors.

Lott's Bandana
10/7/2009, 04:55 PM
You guys get a room.

ouduckhunter
10/7/2009, 09:14 PM

Yes, but was he wearing chaps? ;)

bluedogok
10/7/2009, 09:36 PM
Did they look like this?

http://www.aggies9496.com/Images/tuStuff/texasband.jpg

47straight
10/8/2009, 01:21 PM
Did they look like this?

http://www.aggies9496.com/Images/tuStuff/texasband.jpg

The chick's beard was a little fuller.

KantoSooner
10/8/2009, 01:44 PM
i'd forgotten that photo. Maybe on purpose. Now I have it back in my brain again.

Curse you.

Funky G
10/8/2009, 02:01 PM

Why would a Texas Longhorn opinion matter about anything?

beer4me
10/8/2009, 02:13 PM
i'd forgotten that photo. Maybe on purpose. Now I have it back in my brain again.

Curse you.

+5,000,000,123,684,973 cubed

pweitkem
10/8/2009, 03:33 PM
I have found the opposite to be true... my Longhorn buddies are upset that OU lost. Does Texas no good to see OU lose. You must hang out with some idiots down here.

THA RO SOONER
10/8/2009, 10:46 PM
living down here for the last 20 some odd years its amazing how many more whorn stickers ive seen since 2005. the amount of "bandwagon" fans sexat has is truly incredible. most of the ones i have encountered cant even tell you who the coach is,just that OU has won or lost that weekend. on a side note one of the crazy things ive noticed is the amount of BRIGHT RED cars with whorn stickers all over it. sorry yall even if somebody GAVE me a new orange ZO6 vette i just couldnt take it. no realy i couldnt!

bmjlr
10/22/2009, 09:36 PM
whorns suck!

En_Fuego
10/22/2009, 09:44 PM
they kicked our a$$

SunnySooner
10/22/2009, 09:51 PM
If it makes you feel better, it wasn't too much fun being a Sooner in Tebow's hometown over the last year. I really hope the Gators go down in flames this year, these people are becoming unbearable. Roll, Tide, Roll!!!!!

Sooner70
10/23/2009, 05:56 AM
Probably the next worst thing is living among them in Houston or Dallas. I'm Houston. My office cube is decorated with the Whorn flag & balloons, 'cause I lost the bet again. Same as last year. I have to keep it up a week. Embarrassing and pitiful.

Yep, I remember in the early 2000s when OU beat TX 5 in a row everybody dow here was ready to can Mack & the whole crew. No Texas bumper stickers or anything. Never saw puke orange anywhere. His knock was he had the best HS fb talent in the world & couldn't do anything with it. They couldn't wait to get rid of him. Now look at it.

I dunno. I know OU is wracked by injuries this year, but seems Sooner Magic is nonexistant anymore, and we hardly ever win the close ones....least that's the way it seems. Sooners used to most always find a way to win the close ones. Nowadays, the modus operandi is jump out to a lead & hope you can hang on, which hasn't been the case of late, esp. on the road.

Who's really ticked now are the Aggie fans....they're wondering 'What the...is going on?"

Squigglyline
10/23/2009, 06:23 AM
they kicked our a$$

you're kidding... right? Did you see the game?

LesNessman
10/23/2009, 07:12 AM
I dunno. I know OU is wracked by injuries this year, but seems Sooner Magic is nonexistant anymore, and we hardly ever win the close ones....least that's the way it seems. Sooners used to most always find a way to win the close ones. Nowadays, the modus operandi is jump out to a lead & hope you can hang on, which hasn't been the case of late, esp. on the road.

Amen.
Just thinking about this the last few weeks.
But it's got to turn around.
And the magic will be back!

OUmillenium
10/23/2009, 08:33 AM
Not this season, although it would be nice if we ran the table and UTerus lost twice. Actually that would be hilarious

Jacie
10/23/2009, 08:41 AM
Not this season, although it would be nice if we ran the table and UTerus lost twice. Actually that would be hilarious

The way sa*et has played in some of their games leads me to believe it could happen, losing two. The Sooner defense should give OU a chance to win any of the remaining games.

TexasLidig8r
10/23/2009, 09:25 AM
The way sa*et has played in some of their games leads me to believe it could happen, losing two. The Sooner defense should give OU a chance to win any of the remaining games.

You must not have been watching too many Texas games then.

If so.. you would have seen..

Texas holding UTEP to fewer yards than they had points against Houston.

Holding Colorado.. a running team.. to 62 yards of rushing offense...

Holding Ou to their second lowest rushing total in your storied history.

Texas is winning this year with an improving by every game defense and pretty good special teams.

TXBOOMER
10/23/2009, 03:23 PM
if texass gets by Okie Lite, they will win out. Mizzou is average, they are not gonna beat texass. None of these other shatty Big 12 teams will beat them. They will then get out physicalled by a physically superior Flo or Bama team. Halloween night it would not surprise me if Okie Lite were to win.

SoonerLaw09
10/23/2009, 04:26 PM
Say what you want, Lid, but you all did *not* "kick our ***". We kicked our own *** for the most part. You whorns are lucky to still be undefeated the way you have been playing. Lay another egg like that in Mizzou and you will lose by 2 touchdowns. Keep it up and aggy will beat you. Saxet better get it together or they will be on the outside looking in at teh BCS yet again.

OUAlumni1990
10/23/2009, 04:42 PM

Texas is winning this year with an improving by every game defense and pretty good special teams.

You've got to be kidding me. Texas barely beat our second string offense. You guys have looked TERRIBLE this year. Everyone (except horns) are talking about it. But there are a few that have an ounce of intelligence that realize that in no way, they are MNC contenders, more like pretenders. You better hope and pray ya'll lose 1 more, because your getting blown out of the NC game. Even the blindest fan can see that one coming...

TXBOOMER
10/23/2009, 06:12 PM
Boys OUr D hurt colt's chances for the heisman. texass will run it up on mizzou. If you want to make some money bet on that game. I hope I'm wrong but I can see texass winning this thing by 24.

Jacie
10/23/2009, 06:14 PM

The 2008 squad played better than 2009 has thus far. Ponyboy appears to have regressed rather than playing like the seasoned senior everyone expected of him. Curiously, sa*et may have the perfect storm of a season catching every team that could beat them at a disadvantage (Tech in Austin with a freshman QB, Oklahoma 'nuff said, Mizzou and Gabbert's limping, lOSUr w/o Dez) except for getting aTm in College Station and the aggies haven't been scaring anyone this year. So a lesser deserving team could be the one that goes to the National Championship game but gawd I hope not.

Lawtonsoonerfan01
10/23/2009, 07:35 PM
I was sitting in the saxet endzone and there was a fan pointing a laser at Landry's eyes during the game.

TexasLidig8r
10/24/2009, 08:39 AM
You better hope and pray ya'll lose 1 more, because your getting blown out of the NC game. Even the blindest fan can see that one coming...

Well.. if there is anyone who knows all there is to know about getting blown out in NC games.. humilating themself and their conference.. it would certainly by y'all.

OUAlumni1990
10/24/2009, 08:46 AM
Well.. if there is anyone who knows all there is to know about getting blown out in NC games.. humilating themself and their conference.. it would certainly by y'all.

You act as if your team knows nothing about being blownout:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHB7mcs1ykw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJQK2Du7fUY