PDA

View Full Version : I have merged some of the whining threads

C&CDean
10/7/2009, 09:37 AM
into the "I have held my fire" thread. Please do not peem me whining even more about "why did my thread get moved." No, I did not get them all, but I got some of them.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No matter how far off-base it may be. If you are still feeling the need to "fire vulnerables" or "kill kevin" or "smite stoops" may I suggest you do it in the thread mentioned above. Personally, I am getting mighty tired of listening to a bunch of alleged Sooner fans sounding like the burnt orange faithful over at hornfans.com. I'm pretty much embarrassed by a lot of what I've been reading over here this week.

Yeah, vent a little, then remember the fact that we're Sooners, not ****ing ags or whorns.

And just so my opinion is clear on this subject, I think everyone could do a better job. Coaches? Yup. Players? Oh hell yes. Our injuries and lack of execution offensively is what has killed us. If you need to blame that on the coaches, go ahead. However, it just shows your ignorance. I'm pretty sure that Wilson or Gundy or Stoops coached anybody to whiff on blocks, completely blow assignments, and hold or false start every other ****ing play. But if that's what you think, more power to you.

So, again, post your whiny crap on the thread above, or even right here. Just don't start any more new threads.

sooneron
10/7/2009, 09:38 AM
FIRE DEEEEEN!!!![hairGel]

goingoneight
10/7/2009, 09:46 AM
At least when Texas fans whined they had close to some kind of point.

MojoRisen
10/7/2009, 09:49 AM
How about we win the big 12 Championship! TUCK Fexas!

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 10:11 AM
into the "I have held my fire" thread. Please do not peem me whining even more about "why did my thread get moved." No, I did not get them all, but I got some of them.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No matter how far off-base it may be. If you are still feeling the need to "fire vulnerables" or "kill kevin" or "smite stoops" may I suggest you do it in the thread mentioned above. Personally, I am getting mighty tired of listening to a bunch of alleged Sooner fans sounding like the burnt orange faithful over at hornfans.com. I'm pretty much embarrassed by a lot of what I've been reading over here this week.

Yeah, vent a little, then remember the fact that we're Sooners, not ****ing ags or whorns.

And just so my opinion is clear on this subject, I think everyone could do a better job. Coaches? Yup. Players? Oh hell yes. Our injuries and lack of execution offensively is what has killed us. If you need to blame that on the coaches, go ahead. However, it just shows your ignorance. I'm pretty sure that Wilson or Gundy or Stoops coached anybody to whiff on blocks, completely blow assignments, and hold or false start every other ****ing play. But if that's what you think, more power to you.

So, again, post your whiny crap on the thread above, or even right here. Just don't start any more new threads.

WOW ! This is from the people who run this site ? Am I correct ?

C&CDean
10/7/2009, 10:14 AM
WOW ! This is from the people who run this site ? Am I correct ?

WOW? Huh? You got a point?

StoopTroup
10/7/2009, 10:16 AM
Dean slaps em all in a Rubber Room....lol

olevetonahill
10/7/2009, 10:19 AM
Way to go Dean :cool:

Mississippi Sooner
10/7/2009, 10:21 AM
Cool :pop:

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 10:22 AM
WOW? Huh? You got a point?

Yeah I ah guess it just went right over your head ? but I see YOUR point.. I am not one to as you call it WHINE{although I don't see how anyone can say our coaches did a good job in the last 3 losses} In one breath you admit something that is obvious when you say everyone has a right to their opinion and in the next breath you seem to not want them to express that opinion ?

tell me I am wrong.. BTW, If you don't like what I am saying just ban me.. I suggest you take the word WHINE out of your posts...

StoopTroup
10/7/2009, 10:24 AM
:pop:

olevetonahill
10/7/2009, 10:30 AM

+:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

badger
10/7/2009, 10:31 AM
One last time:
http://i35.tinypic.com/28txohy.jpg
:D

C&CDean
10/7/2009, 10:32 AM
Yeah I ah guess it just went right over your head ? but I see YOUR point.. I am not one to as you call it WHINE{although I don't see how anyone can say our coaches did a good job in the last 3 losses} In one breath you admit something that is obvious when you say everyone has a right to their opinion and in the next breath you seem to not want them to express that opinion ?

tell me I am wrong.. BTW, If you don't like what I am saying just ban me.. I suggest you take the word WHINE out of your posts...

Over my head? Can you ****ing read? I never said don't express your opinion. I said don't start more new "fire the coaches" threads. Is it really that difficult?

And if you are an objective Sooner fan, and have actually gone back and re-watched the two losses, you will see a dramatic lack of execution by our offensive players. Dropped passes, missed assignments, penalties by the bunches, etc. Sorry, but that ain't coaching. That falls on the players. The coaches got us close enough and in a position to win. The players did not make the plays when it counted. One less penalty, one less whiffed block, 3-4 less injuries, and we're not only 4-0, we're dominant.

Our offensive coaches are trying to do this thing with their very best skill players gone, and the whole starting offensive line gone. Some of our fans just blow that off and think just because the kid puts on the jersey that says "Sooners" across the front the coaches job should be simple. I'm no Wilson lover, but he's the same guy that set damn near every offensive record in NCAA history last year. I guess some of you think that was a fluke. And you're entitled to your opinion, like I said. Just don't waste bandwidth starting the same, tired, worn out, mundane threads about it.

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 10:51 AM
Over my head? Can you ****ing read? I never said don't express your opinion. I said don't start more new "fire the coaches" threads. Is it really that difficult?

And if you are an objective Sooner fan, and have actually gone back and re-watched the two losses, you will see a dramatic lack of execution by our offensive players. Dropped passes, missed assignments, penalties by the bunches, etc. Sorry, but that ain't coaching. That falls on the players. The coaches got us close enough and in a position to win. The players did not make the plays when it counted. One less penalty, one less whiffed block, 3-4 less injuries, and we're not only 4-0, we're dominant.

Our offensive coaches are trying to do this thing with their very best skill players gone, and the whole starting offensive line gone. Some of our fans just blow that off and think just because the kid puts on the jersey that says "Sooners" across the front the coaches job should be simple. I'm no Wilson lover, but he's the same guy that set damn near every offensive record in NCAA history last year. I guess some of you think that was a fluke. And you're entitled to your opinion, like I said. Just don't waste bandwidth starting the same, tired, worn out, mundane threads about it.

I can Read Can you ****ing Read ? I have posted about the injuries in a pryor post but I guess you don't read your board OR can't..? I like KW as a OC but when he screws up he is fair game just like everyone.. I guess i have pissed you off but OH WELL you will get over it sometimes we get defensive when we are wrong Don't we ? LOL Are you not wasting bandwidth ? maybe you need to rethink some things here ? better to be pissed off than pissed on unless you are into that sort of thing.. Maybe you are ? LOL

Howzit
10/7/2009, 10:59 AM
I can Read Can you ****ing Read ? I have posted about the injuries in a pryor post but I guess you don't read your board OR can't..? I like KW as a OC but when he screws up he is fair game just like everyone.. I guess i have pissed you off but OH WELL you will get over it sometimes we get defensive when we are wrong Don't we ? LOL Are you not wasting bandwidth ? maybe you need to rethink some things here ? better to be pissed off than pissed on unless you are into that sort of thing.. Maybe you are ? LOL

Your bran are not very ginormous as mine.

C&CDean
10/7/2009, 11:00 AM

That all you got?

LOLIf you're stupid enough to blame Kevin Wilson for Sam/Jermaine/Broyles/O-line all being gone/****-poor performance by the new LOL O-line/****-poor performance by our wideouts then you are stupid indeed. LOL Our team is decimated by injury, and is not executing the plays LOL they are coached to play. If you need LOL to blame that on Wilson's playcalling, go ahead.LOL

Now if you seriously want to get into a pissin' contest with me, may I simply remind you that it's not very smart to get into one with a skunk. I've taken bigger and better ****s than you boy.

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 11:02 AM
That all you got?

LOLIf you're stupid enough to blame Kevin Wilson for Sam/Jermaine/Broyles/O-line all being gone/****-poor performance by the new LOL O-line/****-poor performance by our wideouts then you are stupid indeed. LOL Our team is decimated by injury, and is not executing the plays LOL they are coached to play. If you need LOL to blame that on Wilson's playcalling, go ahead.LOL

Now if you seriously want to get into a pissin' contest with me, may I simply remind you that it's not very smart to get into one with a skunk. I've taken bigger and better ****s than you boy.

OK SKUNK... I'll keep that in mind but I can **** with the best of em YOU keep that in mind.. And ah, I got your BOY BOY !!!!!!! BRING IT ON !!!!!!!

C&CDean
10/7/2009, 11:04 AM
pffft. The only thing you've got is a small mind and a big mouth.

cjames317
10/7/2009, 11:05 AM
Here's what bumfuzzles me. We always hear, because of our program, that soandso backup could start/play, i.e. properly execute, for just about any other team in the country. If that's the case, then when such backup gets that real-game opportunity, why doesn't he play that way? Assuming our practices (beginning with bowl-game preparations through in-season practices) provide the instructions/repetitions necessary to instill the correct execution into all our players, then what's the explanation for these players' failure to execute in games? How can a highly-recruited receiver/db not be able to catch a ball? How can a highly-recruited offensive lineman not know that he must remain set until the ball is snapped?

Not to excuse OUr team's difficulties, but I'm similarly confused about the Dallas Cowboys.

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 11:06 AM

Is that all you got BOY ???

StoopTroup
10/7/2009, 11:08 AM
LOL

olevetonahill
10/7/2009, 11:11 AM
Hey ST whats the Over/under ?:D

StoopTroup
10/7/2009, 11:13 AM
I'd say it probably an "OFF" bet since the favorite has such a good team and his depth chart is full of blue chippers.

C&CDean
10/7/2009, 11:13 AM
Is that all you got BOY ???

Yeah, you got me there.

Of course I could respond with something juvenile like "Nope. I've got a big schlong too. Ask your sister about it when she finishes choking on it" or "Nope. Now I'm gonna have to kick your *** because you keep telling everyone my dick tastes salty."

But I'll rise above all that...

adoniijahsooner
10/7/2009, 11:15 AM
boomermagic needs a place on the defense, he's a mean sumgun.

StoopTroup
10/7/2009, 11:16 AM
boomermagic needs a place on the defense, he's a mean sumgun.

I'd say he should replace BV.

C&CDean
10/7/2009, 11:17 AM
:mack: Fire vulnerables1!1!!

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 11:25 AM
Yeah, you got me there.

Of course I could respond with something juvenile like "Nope. I've got a big schlong too. Ask your sister about it when she finishes choking on it" or "Nope. Now I'm gonna have to kick your *** because you keep telling everyone my dick tastes salty."

But I'll rise above all that...

My sister would bite that little thing off and then SHE would kick YOUR ***.... Hey man, And i say that loosely... Your little msg board site is probably bigger than what you are talking about.. BTW, You sensoring people's opinions or running them down might have something to do with it{The site not the smaller thing} being so small.. That's funny saying you will RISE above all that your wife told me you couldn't rise at all .. She does have a good bed side manner though.. LOL tell the truth your really one of them funny boy's aren't you? that's what I thought....

C&CDean
10/7/2009, 11:30 AM
I'm just a goober from Wilburton. Cut me some slack. I know not what I do or speak about.

OK.

Breadburner
10/7/2009, 11:36 AM
OK.

I thought he said he was from Pryor......Lol....

soonerfaninfla
10/7/2009, 11:36 AM
i am a diehard fan of the sooners and i do alot of complaining, but what chaps me the most is our pass coverage, this has been a issue for sometime and its not getting any better

C&CDean
10/7/2009, 11:38 AM
I thought he said he was from Pryor......Lol....

No, that's bri. But he's a goober too.

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 11:44 AM
OK.

Ok man, We have both went at each other here and you have held your own{Didn't mean it that way} I have to go do some work now but I have enjoyed this... If you would like to pick it up later we can do that ? I have really enjoyed it actually.. Bottom line, It's your site do it the way you want to.. I am a huge Sooner fan and have been for many years I believe you are as well.. The one thing I have said that i believe is Don't blame KW don't blame BV the buck stops with Bob Stoops if you have a problem with the coaches..

I have never said nor do I believe Bob, BV or KW should be replaced... I think there are better coaches than Bob out there but he is pretty good and he will find a way to win a bunch of games this year.. i am not saying we need to get rid of any coach... But, If another poster thinks we should I respect his opinion and I will not run him down for saying that But a bunch of posters do and I was shocked when the Admin of this site does the same thing..

Don't run the opinions of your posters down man.. Let them post their opinions and don't allow people to call them names or call them stupid just because they have a different opinion.. We all need to try to get along we are on the same side here...

BOOMER SOONER !

iwannabelikesam
10/7/2009, 11:48 AM
Wow, this may be the single gayest internet slap and giggle fight I have ever seen.

Good entertainment, though :pop:

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 11:50 AM
Wow, this is the single gayest slap and giggle fight I have ever seen.

Feel free to jump in I gotta go now...

C&CDean
10/7/2009, 11:50 AM
That was a much more reasoned, and well-rounded post. But just so you know, it ain't my site. I just happend to stay at a Holiday Inn last night...

C&CDean
10/7/2009, 11:51 AM
Wow, this may be the single gayest internet slap and giggle fight I have ever seen.

So, what you're saying is you want a broken shoulder too? That's weird.

I Am Right
10/7/2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the merge, now I know which ones to miss

OLDSOONER
10/7/2009, 12:13 PM
Deano, Holiday Inn called and wants those bloody towels returned. No, no, not those, the other ones. Bobbi sends salutations...

StoopTroup
10/7/2009, 12:13 PM
My sister would bite that little thing off and then SHE would kick YOUR ***.... Hey man, And i say that loosely... Your little msg board site is probably bigger than what you are talking about.. BTW, You sensoring people's opinions or running them down might have something to do with it{The site not the smaller thing} being so small.. That's funny saying you will RISE above all that your wife told me you couldn't rise at all .. She does have a good bed side manner though.. LOL tell the truth your really one of them funny boy's aren't you? that's what I thought....

Or it could be because the guy who actually does own the board has Sponsors and they have opinions that require him to recruit internet thugs like Dean to bitch smack a guy when he's going all hysterical and is about to run out into traffic.

They do it for your protection really. Wilburton although a nice town....maybe you can play in the street there....but around here...you shouldn't be selling copies of "How to win Friends and influence people" on I-35. It may not be a very big Interstate...but at least it's not a Toll Road.

Crimsontothecore
10/7/2009, 12:18 PM
I swear the only thing that hurts more than a loss is coming here seeing the whining and gnashing of teeth from spoiled, unrealistic fans.

Yes, I know I don't have to come here but I'm an OU fan and I can't help it. kinda like rubbernecking while driving by a bad wreck.

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 01:21 PM
Or it could be because the guy who actually does own the board has Sponsors and they have opinions that require him to recruit internet thugs like Dean to bitch smack a guy when he's going all hysterical and is about to run out into traffic.

They do it for your protection really. Wilburton although a nice town....maybe you can play in the street there....but around here...you shouldn't be selling copies of "How to win Friends and influence people" on I-35. It may not be a very big Interstate...but at least it's not a Toll Road.

Thanks for your opinion.. I was born and raised in Oklahoma but lived in NYC until a few years ago.. Wow, That just doesn't FIT now does it ? LOL Man you are WAY OFF !!!!
BTW, Do you always get involved in other people's business ? You don't know me and I don't know you so quit trying to be cute and mind your own business..

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 01:26 PM
Let's talk football here shall we ?

Breadburner
10/7/2009, 01:31 PM
Cement head......

lexusooner
10/7/2009, 01:43 PM
I'm a sunshine pumping optimist and I am down with OU win lose or draw--I do not post negative things about players --but I do wanna argue with the negative people on this board---how do I start an argument???

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 01:44 PM
I'm a sunshine pumping optimist and I am down with OU win lose or draw--I do not post negative things about players --but I do wanna argue with the negative people on this board---how do I start an argument???

It ain't hard to do... :)

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 01:48 PM
It is my understanding that this spot/thread is suppose to be solely for so called negative threads but about the only one's on here are the people who generally pump a ton of sunshine constantly.. Maybe Dean should deleet all the upbeat people's posts like he does some of the others and put them in a thread of their own as well... Wouldn't that be fair? Let the sunshiners talk to each other and vice versa ?

C&CDean
10/7/2009, 02:17 PM
It is my understanding that this spot/thread is suppose to be solely for so called negative threads but about the only one's on here are the people who generally pump a ton of sunshine constantly.. Maybe Dean should deleet all the upbeat people's posts like he does some of the others and put them in a thread of their own as well... Wouldn't that be fair? Let the sunshiners talk to each other and vice versa ?

Judas H. Priest with a pre-frontal lobotomy dude, nobody's threads/posts were deleted. Nobody was "censored." I merged some threads into a single thread. That's it. This allows you to look at all the morons in one place. You know, like a zoo?

Now get your *** back in the monkey cage and quit throwing poop at the visitors.

C&CDean
10/7/2009, 02:19 PM
Deano, Holiday Inn called and wants those bloody towels returned. No, no, not those, the other ones. Bobbi sends salutations...

Michael my dear old friend, those bloody towels are hanging up in the garage like a badge of honor. Holiday Inn can have iffen they're man enough to come get em'.

Tell the lovely Ms. Bobbi that Dean sends his love.

Barry Stoops
10/7/2009, 02:37 PM
Thanks for your opinion.. I was born and raised in Oklahoma but lived in NYC until a few years ago.. Wow, That just doesn't FIT now does it ? LOL Man you are WAY OFF !!!!
BTW, Do you always get involved in other people's business ? You don't know me and I don't know you so quit trying to be cute and mind your own business..

So are you saying that NYC is Minus one Idiot now ?:confused:

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 02:46 PM
So are you saying that NYC is Minus one Idiot now ?:confused:

It is so amazing how certain people {Like you} just have to make an *** out of themselves.. What the hell did I do to you man ? Yeah, You are confused that is for sure.. I think it is so funny how people will type something like you just typed but NO WAY you would have said that to my face.. :)

Barry Stoops
10/7/2009, 02:48 PM
It is so amazing how certain people {Like you} just have to make an *** out of themselves.. What the hell did I do to you man ? Yeah, You are confused that is for sure.. I think it is so funny how people will type something like you just typed but NO WAY you would have said that to my face.. :)

Care to make a bet ?
Plus didnt you say you had to leave or something ?

boomermagic
Judas H. Priest with a pre-frontal lobotomy dude, nobody's threads/posts were deleted. Nobody was "censored." I merged some threads into a single thread. That's it. This allows you to look at all the morons in one place. You know, like a zoo?

Now get your *** back in the monkey cage and quit throwing poop at the visitors.

Put me in a cage jackass...

boomermagic
Care to make a bet ?
Plus didnt you say you had to leave or something ?

I'll bet ! make it easy on yourself cause I won't..

soonerbrat
10/7/2009, 02:51 PM
+:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

I second that.

Barry Stoops
10/7/2009, 02:51 PM
Put me in a cage jackass...

I'll bet ! make it easy on yourself cause I won't..

Wow an Internet Tough guy :rolleyes:
Man Im a newb But I have better sense than to come on here and challenge an Admin and or Try to pick a fight :pop:

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 02:54 PM
[QUOTE=Barry Stoops;2728101]Wow an Internet Tough guy :rolleyes:
Man Im a newb But I have better sense than to come on here and challenge an Admin and or Try to pick a fight :pop:[/QUOT

Challenge ? Not me... I was just funnin...:confused:

soonerbrat
10/7/2009, 02:58 PM
It is so amazing how certain people {Like me} just have to make an *** out of themselves.. What the hell did I do man ? Yeah, I am confused that is for sure.. I think it is so funny how people will type something like I just typed but NO WAY I would have said that to my face.. :)

fixed.

Barry Stoops
10/7/2009, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE=Barry Stoops;2728101]Wow an Internet Tough guy :rolleyes:
Man Im a newb But I have better sense than to come on here and challenge an Admin and or Try to pick a fight :pop:[/QUOT

Challenge ? Not me... I was just funnin...:confused:

Maybe about the Admin part but you're Pm to me sure sounded like you wanted to Fight :rolleyes:

You sound like a person suffering from Littledik syndrome
:eek:

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 03:05 PM
Your cute...

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 03:07 PM
fixed.

So cute...

C&CDean
10/7/2009, 03:16 PM
Dude, I tried to warn you. My suggestion is to just quit while you're alive. When the sharks around these parts smell blood (and make no mistake, you're bleeding profusely) they'll just goad you right into a meltdown. You're dangerously close...

soonerbrat
10/7/2009, 03:19 PM
So cute...

i really am adorable.

soonerbrat
10/7/2009, 03:19 PM
Your cute...

by the way.... "you're" means "you are"
your means....your

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2009, 03:20 PM
Maybe if we all poke him enough we can get an all-time classic meltdown.

Unfortunately, it will not be as gramatically correct as many of the more legendary examples but it could still be good times to be had by all.

Barry Stoops
10/7/2009, 03:26 PM
Feel free to jump in I gotta go now...

Did your folks catch you on the internet again ?

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 03:29 PM
Dude, I tried to warn you. My suggestion is to just quit while you're alive. When the sharks around these parts smell blood (and make no mistake, you're bleeding profusely) they'll just goad you right into a meltdown. You're dangerously close...

Dean, I am just having fun... I never take this sort of stuff serious.. I ain't SKEERED....

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 03:36 PM
I love you guys ....

cheezyq
10/7/2009, 03:45 PM

But didn't they recruit those players who are blowing said assignments? And shouldn't they be teaching them NOT to do those things? Your statement above is a hard pill to swallow when it's different kids doing the exact same things over several years.

I get that we've had a rough go of it on the injury front. I can accept that as a reasonable explanation for some of this year's performance/lack of. It's just that the same things keep happening over and over with different personnel, even experienced and talented personnel...like last year. It's not hard to draw a line from there to the people responsible.

I'm not saying fire anyone. But there's something clearly wrong and it needs to be fixed. Stoops and Co. are here to beat not just the Tulsas and Idaho States and OSU/Tech/Mizzou. They're here to beat Texas, and other elite teams in the country, too. Is it hard? Yeah. But it's significantly easier to do here at OU than other places...and it's not getting done at all lately. I'll even contend to an extent that it was harder to do in the early 2000s, with supposedly lesser talent (disputable)...yet we were doing it more consistently then, regardless of any perceived talent disparity.

I don't think anyone who has this opinion can fairly be labeled a moron. Some are fanatics and go overboard, yeah. But to say that the coaching staff hasn't been doing their job is more than just fair. It's entirely accurate.

C&CDean
10/7/2009, 03:55 PM
But didn't they recruit those players who are blowing said assignments? And shouldn't they be teaching them NOT to do those things? Your statement above is a hard pill to swallow when it's different kids doing the exact same things over several years.

I get that we've had a rough go of it on the injury front. I can accept that as a reasonable explanation for some of this year's performance/lack of. It's just that the same things keep happening over and over with different personnel, even experienced and talented personnel...like last year. It's not hard to draw a line from there to the people responsible.

I'm not saying fire anyone. But there's something clearly wrong and it needs to be fixed. Stoops and Co. are here to beat not just the Tulsas and Idaho States and OSU/Tech/Mizzou. They're here to beat Texas, and other elite teams in the country, too. Is it hard? Yeah. But it's significantly easier to do here at OU than other places...and it's not getting done at all lately. I'll even contend to an extent that it was harder to do in the early 2000s, with supposedly lesser talent (disputable)...yet we were doing it more consistently then, regardless of any perceived talent disparity.

I don't think anyone who has this opinion can fairly be labeled a moron. Some are fanatics and go overboard, yeah. But to say that the coaching staff hasn't been doing their job is more than just fair. It's entirely accurate.

Well thought out post. However, I have to disagree with lots of it. I'd agree if Wilson could put on pads and make a block. I'd agree if Venables could make a big stick on 3rd and short to stuff a late game drive. I'd agree if Stoops could nab a pick 6 when all the chips were on the line.

What all the coach haters don't understand (obviously) is that this staff coaches the ever loving **** outta these players. They have put them in a position to win every game. In spite of all the **** ups that have been happening on and off the field. Watch the tapes. We've lost the two games because players have not executed when the going gets tough. Plain. and. Simple. If we run on first down and pick up 16 yards everybody goes "great call Wilson." If we run on first down, and the right side of the O-line whiffs, and we get stuffed for a 3-yard loss everybody goes "****in' Wilson, any 9-year old knew you were gonna call that."

Simply put, most of our fans suck. Not in the traditional LSU or Texas or Miami way, but in a way that is very aggravating. They bitch when we win cause we didn't win bigger. They bitch when the sun rises and sets. Some of them even bitch when they ejaculate. I'm surrounded by them in my section. And all I hear from them is "you're just a homer sunshine pumper. Fire Vulnerables! Fire Wilson/Long/Mangino." I'm just pretty much worn out by it all.

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2009, 04:08 PM
That's the biggest thing. We're the most spoiled fanbase in history. You'd think we'd have learned in the 90s, but it appears many haven't.

Barry Stoops
10/7/2009, 04:11 PM
Thehttp://alumni2.tepper.cmu.edu/alumniweb/photos/events/148_henry_the_monster.jpg

Is Hungry

cheezyq
10/7/2009, 04:14 PM
Well thought out post. However, I have to disagree with lots of it. I'd agree if Wilson could put on pads and make a block. I'd agree if Venables could make a big stick on 3rd and short to stuff a late game drive. I'd agree if Stoops could nab a pick 6 when all the chips were on the line.

What all the coach haters don't understand (obviously) is that this staff coaches the ever loving **** outta these players. They have put them in a position to win every game. In spite of all the **** ups that have been happening on and off the field. Watch the tapes. We've lost the two games because players have not executed when the going gets tough. Plain. and. Simple. If we run on first down and pick up 16 yards everybody goes "great call Wilson." If we run on first down, and the right side of the O-line whiffs, and we get stuffed for a 3-yard loss everybody goes "****in' Wilson, any 9-year old knew you were gonna call that."

Simply put, most of our fans suck. Not in the traditional LSU or Texas or Miami way, but in a way that is very aggravating. They bitch when we win cause we didn't win bigger. They bitch when the sun rises and sets. Some of them even bitch when they ejaculate. I'm surrounded by them in my section. And all I hear from them is "you're just a homer sunshine pumper. Fire Vulnerables! Fire Wilson/Long/Mangino." I'm just pretty much worn out by it all.

Part of the "problem", if you can call it that, with the griping is that we've been so friggin' successful for so friggin' long. You don't hear OSU fans gripe about not winning by enough...they're just happy to win. Hell, you won't even hear too many Florida or LSU fans do the same. I can see how it's annoying, but when you root for the best program in college football, people tend to expect perfection.

I expect to beat Miami, and BYU...or I used to. Now, I don't know. But even in winning, I think it's fair to criticize things that go wrong...it's part of being a fan, wanting to see the best out of your team. So I guess I can tolerate it by just ignoring it.

But I can't just go back to everything that's happened since Mike Stoops and Mangino/Leach left and draw a line directly to the players. Yeah, sometimes it IS the players. Reggie Smith's muff against Colorado comes to mind. But when you're talking about a team that recruits some of the best talent in the country year after year after year...and that loses to or struggles with teams that have (supposedly) inferior talent on a consistent basis, it's hard for me justify that it's mostly the players.

And again, who is recruiting those players? If it IS the players, then why haven't we switched up our strategy on recruiting to find guys that ARE disciplined and CAN make those plays? It still comes back to the coaches, no matter how you look at it. But that's just me. I certainly don't think I'm ignorant or a moron to see it this way. It's perfectly logical from both a football and organizational standpoint.

Oh, and FIRE BRENT VULNERABLES NOW, DAMMIT!1!!1111

;)

Mississippi Sooner
10/7/2009, 04:21 PM
That's the biggest thing. We're the most spoiled fanbase in history. You'd think we'd have learned in the 90s, but it appears many haven't.

The 90s are the exact reason that I don't overreact anymore. It may be the distant past for some, but I remember those years as if they were yesterday. Any time a 3 or 4 loss season starts to seem like too much, I have no problem remembering the hopelessness of a 3 or 4 win season.

The monster has been in our midst for 60 years now, but we have the means to keep him under control. There is a time and place to unleash him, and it's never four games into the season.

cheezyq
10/7/2009, 04:28 PM
The 90s are the exact reason that I don't overreact anymore. It may be the distant past for some, but I remember those years as if they were yesterday. Any time a 3 or 4 loss season starts to seem like too much, I have no problem remembering the hopelessness of a 3 or 4 win season.

The monster has been in our midst for 60 years now, but we have the means to keep him under control. There is a time and place to unleash him, and it's never four games into the season.

Dude, you didn't live in K-State country during those years. Any time there's any indication that we might lose to those retards, I go ballistic. I want perfection and I wanted it executed on Snyder's sorry *** every time. Hiring Stoops and getting Snyder's staff was pure gold.

KSU fans like to point out that the coaching tree came from Snyder and that we wouldn't have won an MNC without stealing their coaches. I just like to point out that they couldn't win one when they had them and that they had to go to a REAL football university when they realized what they were stuck with at KSU.

KSU fans = worse than OSU fans...no joking. And they can't drive worth spit either.

iwannabelikesam
10/7/2009, 04:45 PM

I was disappointed that you kept your meltdown short-lived (only a couple posts). At least magic continued his for us all to laugh at. C'mon dean, get back to melting-down, it's more fun for us spectators when two are making fools of themselves at each other. :pop:

Barry Stoops
10/7/2009, 04:58 PM
Do you mean these ?
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=2728255

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2009, 05:30 PM
There's something wrong with my mouse. When I click that link it takes me to the reply screen.

Barry Stoops
10/7/2009, 05:32 PM
There's something wrong with my mouse. When I click that link it takes me to the reply screen.

Im still trying to learn things here
Sorry

SoonerStormchaser
10/7/2009, 06:26 PM
C'mon :dean: Nick Zepp got the gate for less banable offenses then the bitching and whining that magic is throwing at you...it's becoming tiresome...and we haven't had a public execution in such a long time...pretty please?

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 07:14 PM
I was disappointed that you kept your meltdown short-lived (only a couple posts). At least magic continued his for us all to laugh at. C'mon dean, get back to melting-down, it's more fun for us spectators when two are making fools of themselves at each other. :pop:

I hope you didn't think for a minute I was serious... Myself and a couple of buddies were having a few and having a little fun that is all.... Bottom line is,

If we were scoring 60 points a game like we did last year nobody would be bitchin and whining but we're not so, heck we gotta do something to pass the time on here... :D If we had beaten byu and Miami by 25 or 30 points It wouldn't matter that the defense gave up 21 points to Miami or byu... the injuries are the real problem we all know that.. The defense is playing really well.. It's hard to execute your offense when your Heisman winning qb is out, your all american TE is OUT, your best WR is OUT and let's remember this all happened just before or at the very begining of the season when we are breaking in a new OL... That says it all folks.. I truly hope I didn't make anyone really mad and ya'll truly did get a laugh out of Dean and I....

Boomer Sooner Baby !

Barry Stoops
10/7/2009, 07:23 PM
I hope you didn't think for a minute I was serious... Myself and a couple of buddies were having a few and having a little fun that is all.... Bottom line is,

If we were scoring 60 points a game like we did last year nobody would be bitchin and whining but we're not so, heck we gotta do something to pass the time on here... :D If we had beaten byu and Miami by 25 or 30 points It wouldn't matter that the defense gave up 21 points to Miami or byu... the injuries are the real problem we all know that.. The defense is playing really well.. It's hard to execute your offense when your Heisman winning qb is out, your all american TE is OUT, your best WR is OUT and let's remember this all happened just before or at the very begining of the season when we are breaking in a new OL... That says it all folks.. I truly hope I didn't make anyone really mad and ya'll truly did get a laugh out of Dean and I....

Boomer Sooner Baby !

So does this mean you really " Don't " want to give me your address in wilburton to come fight you ?

I already had the truck loaded :eek:

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 07:27 PM

Come on Dean... pffft !!:D

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 07:27 PM
So does this mean you really " Don't " want to give me your address in wilburton to come fight you ?

I already had the truck loaded :eek:

I'll just come to you :D

olevetonahill
10/7/2009, 07:32 PM
I'll just come to you :D

Hey tuff guy why dont you just Mosey over to Wister
we about the same age
and I gareentee I can jerk a /2 hitch in yer azz

You have mouthed off to every one here . so put yer Money where yer Mouth is :cool:

olevetonahill
10/7/2009, 07:37 PM
I love you guys ....

Perv.

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2009, 07:41 PM
Sounds like he took a nap and sobered up.

olevetonahill
10/7/2009, 07:50 PM
Sounds like he took a nap and sobered up.

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 07:54 PM

Hey, You really in wister ? You should be easy to find..:D

olevetonahill
10/7/2009, 08:03 PM
Hey, You really in wister ? You should be easy to find..:D

Just ask for the Meanest mother ****er here.
Hell I used to whoopass in wilburton to

Spanked a few at the Old "Blue Mist " club back in da day:D

If you are serious about wantin a fight "Ala" yer peem
Name the time :pop:

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 08:11 PM
Just ask for the Meanest mother ****er here.
Hell I used to whoopass in wilburton to

Spanked a few at the Old "Blue Mist " club back in da day:D

If you are serious about wantin a fight "Ala" yer peem
Name the time :pop:

Hey man simmer down I know you saw my grin in that PM.. Are YOU drunk ?:D

olevetonahill
10/7/2009, 08:14 PM
Hey man simmer down I know you saw my grin in that PM.. Are YOU drunk ?:D

So now you dont want no part of me ?
Thats cool Ill let ya backwater with a tad of respect:D
Oh and Im NEVER drunk :P

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 08:17 PM
So now you dont want no part of me ?
Thats cool Ill let ya backwater with a tad of respect:D
Oh and Im NEVER drunk :P

hey, Me either...:D

olevetonahill
10/7/2009, 08:20 PM
hey, Me either...:D

So just Back on up slow BOY :mad:

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 08:22 PM
Here's what bumfuzzles me. We always hear, because of our program, that soandso backup could start/play, i.e. properly execute, for just about any other team in the country. If that's the case, then when such backup gets that real-game opportunity, why doesn't he play that way? Assuming our practices (beginning with bowl-game preparations through in-season practices) provide the instructions/repetitions necessary to instill the correct execution into all our players, then what's the explanation for these players' failure to execute in games? How can a highly-recruited receiver/db not be able to catch a ball? How can a highly-recruited offensive lineman not know that he must remain set until the ball is snapped?

Not to excuse OUr team's difficulties, but I'm similarly confused about the Dallas Cowboys.

I think a lot of it is because it takes a while for these players to get accustomed to playing in front of 85,000 people..

olevetonahill
10/7/2009, 08:26 PM
I think a lot of it is because it takes a while for these players to get accustomed to playing in front of 85,000 people..

Yup
The Kids aint ever started then they are thrust in the Front
Get shell shocked and **** up

Happened a Lot to some of the Best trained troops I fought with in the Nam

Hell I was InCountry 3 days when I hit My 1st fire fight

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 08:26 PM
So just Back on up slow BOY :mad:

Ask Brian about me. He'll tell ya how much backing I do.. If you see him tell him I said hello.. I talk to his mother once in a while.

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 08:29 PM
Yup
The Kids aint ever started then they are thrust in the Front
Get shell shocked and **** up

Happened a Lot to some of the Best trained troops I fought with in the Nam

Hell I was InCountry 3 days when I hit My 1st fire fight

Human nature I guess...

olevetonahill
10/7/2009, 08:31 PM
Ask Brian about me. He'll tell ya how much backing I do.. If you see him tell him I said hello.. I talk to his mother once in a while.

You make me think of the Ole Boy who asked this Kid here in Wister to show him the way to MY shack

Kid said OK give me 20 bucks

Dude said Ill give ya 20 when I get back to town

Kid said Bullshat Pay me NOW
I take you to Olevets Hill you aint makin it back to town :D

olevetonahill
10/7/2009, 08:32 PM
Human nature I guess...

Yup . Training /practice cant and wont over come experience

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 08:55 PM
You make me think of the Ole Boy who asked this Kid here in Wister to show him the way to MY shack

Kid said OK give me 20 bucks

Dude said Ill give ya 20 when I get back to town

Kid said Bullshat Pay me NOW
I take you to Olevets Hill you aint makin it back to town :D

bluedogok
10/7/2009, 09:04 PM
If we were scoring 60 points a game like we did last year nobody would be bitchin and whining but we're not so, heck we gotta do something to pass the time on here... :D
There was plenty of whining about the backups not getting enough playing time. Some will find something to whine about when there isn't anything there...some people just aren't happy unless they're miserable.

StoopTroup
10/7/2009, 09:07 PM
Wow...for a minute there I though we was gonna see Geritol sponsor a MMA fight.

wishbonesooner
10/7/2009, 09:18 PM
Just to point out that all those NCAA records were set against teams that couldn't play defense against air. But I do get your point c&c.

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 09:24 PM

Sometimes things are not as they seem..:D

olevetonahill
10/7/2009, 09:26 PM

Just remember Ive whooped More azz and ****ed more *** than you've ever looked at :D

StoopTroup
10/7/2009, 09:29 PM

You can't fight due to the wheelchair?

Man...I'm sorry. I apologize.

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 10:17 PM
You can't fight due to the wheelchair?

Man...I'm sorry. I apologize.

No, I wouldn't let your chair get in the way.. I've whipped a lot of cripples in my time...

boomermagic
10/7/2009, 10:19 PM
Just remember Ive whooped More azz and ****ed more *** than you've ever looked at :D

Now wait, I hear you don't even get off the hill anymore.. :D

OKC-SLC
10/7/2009, 11:11 PM

heh.

boomermagic
10/8/2009, 08:11 AM
I just want to appologize for my Roy D Mercer Impression yesterday.. I'm sorry If I made anyone mad.. I won't do it again..

BOOMER SOONER !

soonerbrat
10/8/2009, 09:06 AM
which voice in your head is active today?

boomermagic
10/8/2009, 09:07 AM
which voice in your head is active today?

StoopTroup
10/8/2009, 10:49 AM
No, I wouldn't let your chair get in the way.. I've whipped a lot of cripples in my time...

I'm not wantin' to fight...I'm a lover not a fighter.

Well. actually I do like to fight...but only under Marquess of Queensberry rules. That way I can maul ya up real quick get DQd and then say sorry and leave. :pop:

boomermagic
10/8/2009, 11:16 AM
I'm not wantin' to fight...I'm a lover not a fighter.

Well. actually I do like to fight...but only under Marquess of Queensberry rules. That way I can maul ya up real quick get DQd and then say sorry and leave. :pop:

please accept my appology.. :)

StoopTroup
10/8/2009, 11:20 AM
please accept my appology.. :)

For having fun?

I can't do that. :D

You comin to the TG? You should.

boomermagic
10/8/2009, 11:56 AM
For having fun?

I can't do that. :D

You comin to the TG? You should.

Yes !:)

StoopTroup
10/8/2009, 12:05 PM
Cool.

boomermagic
10/8/2009, 02:13 PM
This is the whining thread and NO ONE is whining... Dean, Why isn't anyone whining ? :les: