PDA

View Full Version : Anwhere to go here in Atlanta?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/6/2009, 10:25 PM
I went to Abdullah the Butcher's(the wrestler) restaraunt and it was the win.....Going to the Flying Biscuit per 04's recommendation

Anywhere else?

swardboy
10/7/2009, 06:40 AM
Hey, check out the Buckhead dive where Ray Lewis stabbied some guy....

Lott's Bandana
10/7/2009, 06:41 AM
Buckhead Diner

FTW

TheHumanAlphabet
10/7/2009, 09:19 AM
Aunt Fannie's Cabin...though it may be closed now.

Canoe - oops it floated away with the floods.

Horseradish Grill - fried chicken really, really good.

Bones - I hear it is good.

Bacchanalia - best meal I have ever eaten...Great cheese course

JohnnyMack
10/7/2009, 09:53 AM
Canoe - oops it floated away with the floods.

Canoe is gone? That was a really good little restaurant. I ate there a number of times.

C&CDean
10/7/2009, 10:12 AM
FWIW, I ****ing hate Atlanta. Downtown sucks majorly, and Buckhead is overpriced/overrated in a great way. When we have to go to Atlanta on business we always say "gotta go to NYC south." Except you can't get great pizza/bagels/italian/chinese/greek/theater/sightseeing/etc. You get Stone Mountain, Kinnesaw, and whatever is left from the Olympics. Stone Mountain and Kinnesaw are great, but they don't make up for the bull**** you have to deal with just getting around in Atlanta. Especially if you don't know your way around. I rate Atlanta pretty much at the bottom of my scale for places I hate visiting. It's right on par with Miami. Neither place is the south anymore.

tbl
10/7/2009, 11:33 AM
Yeah well... that's just like... your opinion, man.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/7/2009, 11:50 AM
Canoe is gone? That was a really good little restaurant. I ate there a number of times.

They got flooded out in the recent ATL floods. I suspect that they will be back, but they got flooded real good.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/7/2009, 11:51 AM
...Neither place is the south anymore.

I agree, ATL is not of the South any more. There are vestiges, but it is primarily an East Coast or Mid-Atlantic city now...

JLEW1818
10/7/2009, 05:36 PM
I'd probably go kick it with Ludacris, and eat chicken and beer!!!!

good tune!

Cam
10/7/2009, 07:24 PM
Yeah well... that's just like... your opinion, man.

Sorry, mine too. Couldn't wait to move out of there.

Get a burger at Vortex Bar & Grill in Little 5 Points. Damn good stuff.

Fraggle145
10/7/2009, 07:27 PM
ATL sucks, but the Georgia aquarium is good. And Coke world is surprisingly entertaining.

Oldnslo
10/7/2009, 08:08 PM
head up to Lawrencevill and say Hi to my brother?

delhalew
10/7/2009, 09:43 PM
Buckhead is yuppy hell. Midtown is too gay. I'd stick to virginia highlands/little five points and East Atlanta. Good music and great dive bars. More damaged girls than you can shake a stick at.:D

Go to the scummiest strip club on earth...The Clairemont Lounge and eat at the Majestic Diner at 5:00 am if you happen to be awake and hammered.

cantwait48
10/8/2009, 11:31 AM
I live in atl and want to leave too. the vortex is pretty good for burgers, fat matt's rib shack has some blues music, excellent sauce and good ribs, it is off piedmont rd. Baccanalia or however the hell you spell it is always rated as the top restaurant but it is expensive as heck. yes, midtown is very gay, buckhead is a bunch of #ss $oles honking at each other in their beemers, downtown is infested with people pooping behind bushes and sleeping on the sidewalk begging for change. the atlanta history center in buckhead has a pretty good civil war wing if you are into that sort of thing.

tbl
10/8/2009, 12:10 PM
Haters... ;)

I moved here four years ago and for the first two I was doing everything I could to move back to DFW. Now, I've actually been offered to go back twice and turned it down. We ended up finding a Church (after 17 different places), made lifelong friends, and now I'm set here for the unforeseeable future. This is my kids home, my wife loves it, and I love it, but then again night life and social scene means doodly squat to us. We live in the burbs, so what goes on it Atlanta doesn't really affect me, though I would agree with the mentality being somewhat changed from Southern to Eastern. That's definitely not the case in my world, as it's still VERY southern outside of Buckhead/midtown/etc, but again that's not my world.

Ultimately I've come to realize the best place to live is wherever I am with my wife, children, and a like minded body of Believers. It's all about perspective, holmes... :D

King Crimson
10/8/2009, 12:49 PM
one of my college buddies and an old college gf were from Atlanta and i spent quite a bit of time there in the 90's visiting. i liked it then, but old buddy (grew up there) says it's changed a lot but it's still home. problem is it takes 45 minutes to go anywhere. anywhere. hey, let's go get a couple six packs of beer. get in car.....negotiate any of 1400 congested, multi-laned thoroughfares called some variety of "Peach Tree"....return. voila! 45 minutes later. and that's a short trip to the "local" enterprise zone.

whenever i drove around ATL i got lost and ended up on Ponce de Leon. always. driving my gf's dad's old 1970 Saab 99. Cool old car with some get up and go. apparently really expensive to maintain even for a hobby. every time.....where the f am i? turn onto a busy street.....Ponce.

we used to go to a really cool irish pub that was pretty legit when having Guinness on tap was pretty wild business. no idea what it was called. not one of the new fangled gonna be one on the Ed Noble Parkway any day now cookie cutter ones. the Varsity. worth one trip after a night out (and then many to the toilet).

always saw good music there.