PDA

View Full Version : OKC's skyline is changing...

Soonerus
10/6/2009, 08:19 PM
...Devon Tower construction commenced...

http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-devon-tower-begins-story,0,4663956.story

Chuck Bao
10/6/2009, 08:35 PM
Thank the deer lord that you aren't talking about earthquakes or surnamies, like Gaylord.

SicEmBaylor
10/6/2009, 09:25 PM
Lipstick on a pig.

stoopified
10/6/2009, 10:19 PM
Lipstick on a pig.Waco?

SicEmBaylor
10/6/2009, 10:44 PM
Waco?

The only good looking part of Waco is South of the Brazos to 8th street and east of I-35 to LaSalle.

Sooner_Havok
10/6/2009, 10:49 PM
The only good looking part of Waco is South of the Brazos to 8th street and east of I-35 to LaSalle.

I liked the Dr. Pepper museum

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/7/2009, 12:06 PM

The only good looking part of Waco is I-35 going north or south out of that hell hole.

Turd_Ferguson
10/7/2009, 12:23 PM
The only good looking part of Waco is I-35 going north out of that hell hole, and south of their is the hell hole of hell holes.fixed

OUDoc
10/7/2009, 12:28 PM
Lipstick on a pig.

See...I immediately want to make a comment about leaving your mother out of this, but I won't be dragged down to your level.

;)

StoopTroup
10/7/2009, 12:43 PM
Once Devon Tower is complete...I heard George Kaiser is gonna have a 150 foot addition put on the BOK Building.

Tulsa> OKC

:D ;)

Turd_Ferguson
10/7/2009, 12:45 PM
Once Devon Tower is complete...I heard George Kaiser is gonna have a 150 foot addition put on the BOK Building.

OKC> Tulsa

:D ;)There won't be enough duct tape:D

OUDoc
10/7/2009, 12:47 PM
Do Tulsa people really care which building is taller?
I had no idea until now that (I assume) Tulsa has a taller building than OKC does.

StoopTroup
10/7/2009, 12:48 PM
There won't be enough duct tape:D

He'll just buy a duct tape factory in China and it will all be over for OKC. :D

NormanPride
10/7/2009, 01:09 PM
Do Tulsa people really care which building is taller?
I had no idea until now that (I assume) Tulsa has a taller building than OKC does.

Our buildings are emptier than yours too!

soonerbrat
10/7/2009, 02:48 PM
Week 1:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/soonerbrat/Devon%20Tower/Week1.jpg

Turd_Ferguson
10/7/2009, 03:06 PM
Love the vest:D

batonrougesooner
10/7/2009, 03:08 PM
OKC is to Tulsa is what OU is to OSU insomuch that the "my town is better than your town" Tulsa people really just come across as a jealous little brother.

soonerbrat
10/7/2009, 03:15 PM
Love the vest:D

that's not me in the picture...I can't see it from the building i'm in :)

someone at work posted that pic, thought I'd pass it along

SicEmBaylor
10/7/2009, 03:26 PM
OKC is to Tulsa is what OU is to OSU insomuch that the "my town is better than your town" Tulsa people really just come across as a jealous little brother.

There wasn't much to be jealous of until recently. I'll readily admit that OKC is no longer the **** hole it was a couple of decades ago, but it'll be a long time before that perception changes for some.

OUDoc
10/7/2009, 04:10 PM
There wasn't much to be jealous of until recently. I'll readily admit that OKC is no longer the **** hole it was a couple of decades ago, but it'll be a long time before that perception changes for some.

:confused:

Redneck and backwards. Maybe.
Not the cultural center of the......anywhere. Absolutely.
Nothing to be jealous of. Sure.
But never a ****hole.
Some of the nicest people you'll ever meet live in Oklahoma. You can't have a ****hole town with that type of population.

SicEmBaylor
10/7/2009, 04:17 PM
It has nothing to do with the people. The people there are fine. The city itself for a long time had that rustbelt/industrial feel to it and I hate that. Like I said, its improved a lot since they revitalized downtown and added the Ford Center. I just don't like OKC. It has nothing to do with the people who live in OKC.

StoopTroup
10/7/2009, 09:21 PM

Actually we aren't jealous...we're just tired of OKC getting most of the State Funds for their projects. At one time there was even a movement for Green Country to either become it's own smaller State or be coupled to Missouri or Kansas. Something like that anyway.

I'm not for it though...unless it would not include stoolwater. Then I could be swayed.

batonrougesooner
10/7/2009, 09:30 PM
I remember back in the day when I was growing up and shortly after I graduated high school the perception was (correctly) that Tulsa just was a more happening place than OKC.

I move a way for a few years working for the .mil and then return here for school and this MAPS deal has really taken shape. Move away to LSU country for another three years and then I return to a town that really has come unto it's own.

Tulsa on the other hand really hasn't changed that much except the BOK Center.

Nothing against Tulsa. Like the place and think it has great potential especially with the riverfront. I just think it's funny how there are still some Tulsa purists out there who still want to insist that the only way they can make Tulsa look good is to denegrate OKC.

soonerbrat
10/8/2009, 09:07 AM
I'm glad you don't like OKC Sic'em.

Turd_Ferguson
10/8/2009, 09:09 AM
Actually we aren't jealous...we're just tired of OKC getting most of the State Funds for their projects. At one time there was even a movement for Green Country to either become it's own smaller State or be coupled to Missouri or Kansas. Something like that anyway.

I'm not for it though...unless it would not include stoolwater. Then I could be swayed.Maybe y'all should become part of NW Arkysaw.:D

StoopTroup
10/8/2009, 10:45 AM
Maybe y'all should become part of NW Arkysaw.:D

Shut yor hillbilly mouph rite know. :D

soonerbrat
11/4/2009, 01:23 PM
week 2:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/soonerbrat/Devon%20Tower/Week2.jpg

soonerbrat
11/4/2009, 01:24 PM
week 5:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/soonerbrat/Devon%20Tower/Week5.jpg

OUDoc
11/4/2009, 01:32 PM
I could have done that in 5 weeks. :)

picasso
11/4/2009, 01:37 PM

True in the sense that I would gladly trade downtown with you.

That's about it.

Amongst other things, Tulsa is closer to God's country which is Osage county.