PDA

View Full Version : Lest we forget...

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/6/2009, 01:05 PM
Just wanted to mention the 2006 season for a second. There are alot of people--myself included-- that felt like the world was coming to an end saturday night. Some were asking for KW'S head on a platter. OtherS criticized Stoops for allowing this to happen. however, think about this for a minute: in 2006, we had a highly recruited QB that was kicked of the team and a QB that had been moved to WR only to be moved back to QB. Along with injuries and the bad juju that was going around, OUr coaching staff pulled it together and the team rallied to win the bigXII. it might have been one of the best coaching jobs ever. there was plenty of adversity that year, and each and every saturday was a roller coaster. In the end, i think everyone would agree that we were extremely proud of OUr team and coaches. So let's keep it all in perspective. we can't play in the NC game every year, let alone win it. regardless of all our high expectations, it just isn't going to happen. But, we still have alot to look forward to. Me? I think the rest of the season will be an opportunity to see what this team is made of and what a privledge it is to have the coaches we have!

Stay positive folks! believe me, no matter how bad we feel about the losses, the team feels worse! just support them and see where it takes us!!

BOOMER!

VA Sooner
10/6/2009, 01:12 PM
I second that thought.

Sooner!

IslandSooner
10/6/2009, 01:16 PM
Absolutely...................BOOMER