but you can tell he has a raging
competitive fire burning inside.

I think this team plays like men
possesed once he comes back.

I wouldn't be suprised if OU runs
the table once he gets back.

Widescreen
10/6/2009, 12:52 PM
I agree. Just wish anyone knew when "once he gets back" will be.

htownsooner7
10/6/2009, 12:54 PM
Yep, running the table with this schedule would make this a damn good season.

goingoneight
10/6/2009, 01:02 PM
He actually got to speak to the media? That's a good sign.

Widescreen
10/6/2009, 01:03 PM
Yeah, a lot of people at ouinsider were freaking out that that meant he was announcing he was having surgery or was done at OU. I take it as a positive sign that things are starting to look up. I guess we'll see.

batonrougesooner
10/6/2009, 01:04 PM
I prefer grape koolaide. The red koolaide this year has been bitter.

VA Sooner
10/6/2009, 01:14 PM
Make a run now...

Boomer.....
10/6/2009, 01:14 PM
I liked his comment about how there is a lot left for this team to accomplish. They could become the first team to win 4 straight Big 12 championships.

baja okla
10/6/2009, 01:15 PM
I have been drinking the red koolaide since Memorial Stadium had wooden bleechers in the end zone (folks took me to games as a kid).

This has to be one of my favorite OU teams and Sam is a primary reason for that. When he, Jermaine and Gerald gave up big bucks to chase a championship for the Sooners; that told me all I needed to know about their character and desire. Besides these guys there are some other studs on the team.

Sooners will finish this year strong.

IslandSooner
10/6/2009, 01:19 PM
It is time for some..........SOONER MAGIC

JLEW1818
10/6/2009, 01:20 PM
Win, that's all we can control

StoopTroup
10/6/2009, 01:23 PM
Win, that's all we can control

Some could control their posting. :pop:

BoulderSooner79
10/6/2009, 01:24 PM

I'm not so sure about that...

JohnnyMack
Some could control their pissing. :pop:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VZaVT03Q2G0/SI9D4HZFgTI/AAAAAAAACU0/q7GUd7Bp6IU/s400/un-depends.jpg

JLEW1818

u want some?[hairGel]

boomermagic
10/6/2009, 01:29 PM
:pop:

NormanPride
10/6/2009, 01:30 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VZaVT03Q2G0/SI9D4HZFgTI/AAAAAAAACU0/q7GUd7Bp6IU/s400/un-depends.jpg

Hmm... Rus has nice legs...

badger
10/6/2009, 01:35 PM
I agree. Just wish anyone knew when "once he gets back" will be.

It's like the Pokes' "next year," the magical time period that seems to be just around the corner when your team will do nothing but win, but isn't here yet and you wonder if it will ever arrive.

Hook 'em Oooo, you opposing teams watch you once he gets back!

:les: Ooo, you opposing teams watch out next year! [hairGel]

I'm sure we can come up with one for Texas...

:mack: Ooo, you opposing teams watch out when the tiebreaking rules stop screwing us!

;)

StoopTroup
10/6/2009, 01:36 PM

Like you? ROTFLMFAO!

Boomer.....
10/6/2009, 01:38 PM

Says Mr. 35K.

:D

FaninAma
10/6/2009, 01:42 PM
I liked his comment about how there is a lot left for this team to accomplish. They could become the first team to win 4 straight Big 12 championships.

I also liked his comment after the one ****** told him that every "objective" Sooner fan would understand if he just called it quits so he wouldn't risk the pro money.

Sam was straight and to the point. he said there was a lot more than just money and that he owed it to his teammates to try and get back on the field. He also told the guy that was a selfish attitude.

He responded perfectly to the jerk.

Gresho Murford
10/6/2009, 01:43 PM
I also liked his comment after the one ****** told him that every "objective" Sooner fan would understand if he just called it quits so he wouldn't risk the pro money.

Sam was straight and to the point. he said there was a lot more than just money and that he owed it to his teammates to try and get back on the field. He also told the guy that was a selfish attitude.

He responded perfectly to the jerk.

im pretty sure most fans would understand

sooner94
10/6/2009, 01:46 PM

Alright, that just got me fired up.

Frozen Sooner
10/6/2009, 01:49 PM

Heh. Considering that it's the only team to win TWO straight Big 12 titles...

badger
10/6/2009, 01:53 PM
Here (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20091006_92_0_NRAkao418704) is what was said if any of you missed it.

Gresho Murford
10/6/2009, 02:02 PM
New Sig

FaninAma
10/6/2009, 02:30 PM
im pretty sure most fans would understand
Yes, if he weren't 100%. If he was medically cleared and was capable of throwing the ball without pain and decided not to come back simply due to financial considerations I would say that most fans would have a harder time understanding as would his teammates as would NFL teams.

But Sam essentially eliminated this scenario.

josh09
10/6/2009, 02:40 PM
He is a prettty soft-spoken guy
but you can tell he has a raging
competitive fire burning inside.

I think this team plays like men
possesed once he comes back.

I wouldn't be suprised if OU runs
the table once he gets back.

Today, a reporter asked him if he was "definitely coming back this year", and he hesitated. Thats kind of scary. I agree with you, but he needs to be 100% when he comes back.

goingoneight
10/6/2009, 03:03 PM
I don't doubt he's feeling well and close to 100%... I just think the coaching staff knows a little more than ranting message boarders think they do. I mean, to start a freshman on the road says something's still not all right with the Heisman Trophy "winnar!!!!" Maybe Sam's going all Jello-arm when he tries to put some heat on the ball? Maybe he looks rusty or scared of contact still. Maybe under his coaches polo his arm and shoulder is still all swollen and bruised-looking? Maybe he's trying to throw lefty?

primetime43
10/6/2009, 03:13 PM
This is so refreshing!

People who would say it's just a dollars-and-cents decision, would you say that's only a fraction of the decision?
Yeah. I mean, money's not everything. Some people, they think it is. But to me, there are a lot more things. I dreamed about coming to Oklahoma and playing football. We didn't have a pro team in Oklahoma, so this was like my pro team. I mean, this is who I wanted to play for. My experience here has been unbelievable. I felt like coming back and adding to my experience would be a great thing for me.

madillsoonerfan5353
10/6/2009, 03:28 PM
103.3 ESPN out of Dallas just said that surgery might still happen to fix his shoulder! :confused:

:gary:

BoulderSooner79
10/6/2009, 03:38 PM
I don't doubt he's feeling well and close to 100%...

He said surgery is still a possibility - definitely not 100% or expecting to be anytime soon. We are in rebuilding mode, folks.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/6/2009, 03:45 PM
So, even if Sam comes back...

Do we all of a sudden get Ryan Broyles and an entire receiving corps that can catch the football?

Do we all of a sudden lay healing hands on Gresham or turn Brody Eldridge into a downfield streaking, pass catching machine?

Do we all of a sudden summon the spirits of offensive linemen past and infuse some mojo into our front five? While we're at it, call down the wisdom of Solomon to eliminate their penchant for wearing little yellow hankies?

Regardless of how hopeful we are as Sooner fans about the remainder of the season, given Landry's amazing ability to step into Sam's role and perform, quarterback is the LEAST of our concerns. And while we may be able to open up the offense with our veteran Heisman trophy winner at the helm, the difference it makes fails to address the reasons why we're staring down the barrel of two non-conference losses.

I hope you guys are right. But at this point in the game, winning out wouldn't be business as usual, it'd be a damned blessing.

Boomer.....
10/6/2009, 03:47 PM
103.3 ESPN out of Dallas just said that surgery might still happen to fix his shoulder! :confused:

People are just taking his words and running with them. He said that after the season he might need surgery. It just depends on how his shoulder feels after all of the games. Not a for sure thing.

NormanPride
10/6/2009, 04:15 PM
So, even if Sam comes back...

Do we all of a sudden get Ryan Broyles and an entire receiving corps that can catch the football?

Do we all of a sudden lay healing hands on Gresham or turn Brody Eldridge into a downfield streaking, pass catching machine?

Do we all of a sudden summon the spirits of offensive linemen past and infuse some mojo into our front five? While we're at it, call down the wisdom of Solomon to eliminate their penchant for wearing little yellow hankies?

Regardless of how hopeful we are as Sooner fans about the remainder of the season, given Landry's amazing ability to step into Sam's role and perform, quarterback is the LEAST of our concerns. And while we may be able to open up the offense with our veteran Heisman trophy winner at the helm, the difference it makes fails to address the reasons why we're staring down the barrel of two non-conference losses.

I hope you guys are right. But at this point in the game, winning out wouldn't be business as usual, it'd be a damned blessing.

Actually, I counted at least three times last game where Sam would have made the play that Landry didn't. The perfect example is the overthrown pass to Caleb where Landry was falling back away from pressure. Sam steps in, gets nailed, and delivers the pass. Caleb was 5 yards behind any defender and would have scored. We go up 14 instead of punting away and it changes the game completely.

Make no mistake, Landry is and will be a great QB. He's better than about 75% of the other starting QBs out there. But Sam is better than 100% of the other starting QBs out there, and his presence in the huddle changes the offense.

adoniijahsooner
10/6/2009, 04:27 PM

I wonder where galloway "the drunk" got his info?

adoniijahsooner
10/6/2009, 04:30 PM
Actually, I counted at least three times last game where Sam would have made the play that Landry didn't. The perfect example is the overthrown pass to Caleb where Landry was falling back away from pressure. Sam steps in, gets nailed, and delivers the pass. Caleb was 5 yards behind any defender and would have scored. We go up 14 instead of punting away and it changes the game completely.

Make no mistake, Landry is and will be a great QB. He's better than about 75% of the other starting QBs out there. But Sam is better than 100% of the other starting QBs out there, and his presence in the huddle changes the offense.

One big difference I noticed is the ball handling skills of Sam compared to Landry. Sam is a magician when it comes to play action passing and pump fakes. People dont look at stuff like that, but Sam's footwork and technique are impeccable.

BoulderSooner79
10/6/2009, 04:33 PM

The Caleb over-throw stuck in mind as well. And there were several passes where the accuracy was the problem. But I think just going through the progression *could* have been the biggest issue. It looked like Jones was struggling to find someone open on almost every pass play. Maybe there really wasn't anyone open or maybe Sam would have read it differently; Sam really can put the ball in tight spaces consistently. I can't say because the camera was always on Jones and the pass rush with only a glimpse of the one receiver when he did throw.

I really do think we are 4-0 with Sam - at least 3-1 for sure. But as others pointed out, it would be a tenuous 4-0. The QB can only do so much and the team is not at an elite level even adding Sam at peak performance.

Ground_Attack
10/6/2009, 04:35 PM

since they are the only back-to-back and three-peat winners in the Big XII, I would assume no one had won 4 in a row!

SunnySooner
10/7/2009, 12:43 AM
I was at the game, if Sam had been in there, we woulda won. I love Landry, think he's a bright star in our future, but there were some bad passes that Sam woulda had in the hands of the receivers and it would have made a difference in a game that tight. Plus, there's a confidence factor that Sam brings to the team that is immeasurable. I think the success of the remainder of our season hinges on when/if Sam comes back--Landry can handle the gimme games, we need Sam for the real ones.

sooner59
10/7/2009, 12:58 AM
I have to think.....what if? I know it does no good, but with no injuries, we are most likely 4-0 and "getting better" on the o-line and receiving corps. Then I realize that we are 2-2 and still have a shot at the best season since 2002. If we could somehow win another Big 12 title and win a BCS bowl, I would be as proud of this team as any we have had since 2000. Its a long shot, but at this point, I'm grasping at straws here.

josh09
10/7/2009, 01:09 AM
I have to think.....what if? I know it does no good, but with no injuries, we are most likely 4-0 and "getting better" on the o-line and receiving corps. Then I realize that we are 2-2 and still have a shot at the best season since 2002. If we could somehow win another Big 12 title and win a BCS bowl, I would be as proud of this team as any we have had since 2000. Its a long shot, but at this point, I'm grasping at straws here.

Like Sam said himself today, what if this team goes on and wins 9 straight games? Its easily a possibility.

gaylordfan1
10/7/2009, 08:06 AM
Well if he does come back I hope some WR's step up and make some plays.... maybe they will if we give them a chance. The o-line has kept The Stache from getting hurt.... So that may be a plus. But they do have to start blocking better. Too many blown assignments.

jduggle
10/7/2009, 08:23 AM
If he comes back, Wilson better install Clapp as a fixture in the backfield.

badger
10/7/2009, 08:33 AM
If he comes back, Wilson better install Clapp as a fixture in the backfield.

I liked that they ran the pistol formation... I had to have NP explain to me what made it a pistol formation (QB in shotgun with RB behind him), since I've never seen it referred to before... or perhaps, I just never have seen it before.

picasso
10/7/2009, 08:52 AM
Leadership.

soonerborn30
10/7/2009, 08:55 AM
Like Sam said himself today, what if this team goes on and wins 9 straight games? Its easily a possibility.

Can we honestly say that beating Texas is a possibility at this point? If the same team that played in Miami takes the field at the Cotton Bowl we lose in embarassing fashion. We have 3 winnable games left on this schedule: Baylor, KSU, and A&M. The rest are toss-ups at best. I've deemed this season a complete loss. We might be fighting for bowl eligibility by the time this is over with.

rawlingsHOH
10/7/2009, 08:58 AM
Can we honestly say that beating Texas is a possibility at this point? If the same team that played in Miami takes the field at the Cotton Bowl we lose in embarassing fashion. We have 3 winnable games left on this schedule: Baylor, KSU, and A&M. The rest are toss-ups at best. I've deemed this season a complete loss. We might be fighting for bowl eligibility by the time this is over with.
That is completely ridiculous.

goingoneight
10/7/2009, 09:52 AM
Yeah... I mean Baylor, KSU and A&M will get us, too. :D

soonerborn30
10/7/2009, 10:24 AM
You mean to tell me that after watching how we played on the road in what can't even be considered a hostile environment you like our chances on the road at Nebraska, Kansas, and Tech? That's why I called them toss-ups at best. If Sam doesn't come back (which I seriously doubt he does) the three games I mentioned above will be the only games we're favored in for the rest of the year. I'm just being realistic.

htownsooner7
10/7/2009, 10:58 AM
That is completely ridiculous.

Laughable. Guy's an idiot.

soonerborn30
10/7/2009, 11:06 AM
Instead of calling me names maybe you should state your opinion for how the season will end up and your reasoning for it.

C&CDean
10/7/2009, 11:09 AM
Instead of calling me names maybe you should state your opinion for how the season will end up and your reasoning for it.

I'll take that one for Chris...

Uh, cause we lift weights? This team has lost two games by a total of 2 points to ranked competition with all of our key players out. If we can get our remaining players to execute at the level that they are capable, OU can run the table on the schedule. If they continue to false start, hold, leg whip, drop passes, miss blocks, etc. then you're right, we'll probably only win 2-3 more games.