PDA

View Full Version : Mr Loadholt and Mr Favre

Lott's Bandana
10/6/2009, 09:31 AM
I looked for a UToob, but nothing yet...

Did you see the play last night where BF had literally 14 seconds in the backfield to pick out a receiver?

He simply skipped back and forth behind Phil and let him block (be in the way).

Nice to see.

badger
10/6/2009, 09:33 AM
Nice to see.

If you're covering your eyes
http://i35.tinypic.com/2vbwz6a.jpg
:(

rawlingsHOH
10/6/2009, 09:34 AM
Loadholt was phenomonal is pass pro, last night. He was even blocking 2 guys at once on one play!

adoniijahsooner
10/6/2009, 10:09 AM
I wonder how Badger feels, now that Jon Cooper, Phil L., and AD beat up on her beloved Packers; and it doesnt look like any of those guys are retiring soon.

BoulderSooner79
10/6/2009, 10:20 AM

Did you see the play last night where BF had literally 14 seconds in the backfield to pick out a receiver?

Nice to see.

They did replay it with a clock and he had 7.6 seconds (which seems like more). The pack was rushing 3 guys and those 3 weren't really rushing. Looks like they were trying a coverage experiment. Interesting tactic as most QBs would probably get nervous waiting that long, but Favre has seen it all.

C&CDean
10/6/2009, 10:24 AM
We'll get them at Lambeau later this year. Pisses me off that he who shall not be named couldn't ever win a ****ing game in a dome when he played for the Pack.

badger
10/6/2009, 10:28 AM
I wonder how Badger feels, now that Jon Cooper, Phil L., and AD beat up on her beloved Packers; and it doesnt look like any of those guys are retiring soon.

http://i37.tinypic.com/2afbew5.jpg
There are too many Vike fans here for me to get into that, much like there were once too many Bear fans for me to get into that a few years ago... and before that, too many Cowboy fans to get into TRRW going to Big D... tee hee @ you all, btw.

I will just bide my time till things turn around... and they always do in the Neffel.

badger
10/6/2009, 10:30 AM
We'll get them at Lambeau later this year. Pisses me off that he who shall not be named couldn't ever win a ****ing game in a dome when he played for the Pack.

As always, it's good to have Dean the Modador ready to kick y'all arses if you give the Pack too much crap :D

And yes, Dean, I totally agree... because that Antonio Freeman catch wasn't Favre's victory... that was all on the idiot Vike that left the play and Freeman for not giving up on making the catch... heh.

Partial Qualifier
10/6/2009, 10:32 AM

Nice to see.

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Brett-Favre-Highlights-vs-Packers/07990ca9-dad7-431f-b28b-45ffe0d53bb6#?id=07990ca9-dad7-431f-b28b-45ffe0d53bb6

3:20 mark of this video. Favre's pump-fakes effect on the pass rushers is LOL.

rawlingsHOH
10/6/2009, 10:35 AM
He struggled early in his career, was great late in his career, in the Metrodome.

rawlingsHOH
10/6/2009, 10:44 AM
http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Brett-Favre-Highlights-vs-Packers/07990ca9-dad7-431f-b28b-45ffe0d53bb6#?id=07990ca9-dad7-431f-b28b-45ffe0d53bb6

3:20 mark of this video. Favre's pump-fakes effect on the pass rushers is LOL.
Rodgers probably would have eaten that one for a sack. LOL

C&CDean
10/6/2009, 10:46 AM
Here, have a yellow. Don't make me pull out a red.

rawlingsHOH
10/6/2009, 10:56 AM
Sorry bro.

Rodgers has a ton of potential. But he threw a costly pick (under no pressure), that ended being the difference in the game. He also fumbled one that resulted in six for the Vikes.

Favre, who's OL was also much maligned this season, had a darn near perfect game.

On a side note. The Packers new 3-4 impressed me, and did exactly what it was drawn up to, shut down Peterson. Most teams struggle for a couple years making that transition. GB looks ahead of the curve.

homerSimpsonsBrain
10/6/2009, 03:29 PM
Rodgers is a stud. Sacked 8 times and still throws for more yards than Farve. But if Farve stays healthy, the vikes are gonna be tough. Stack the box to stop AD and Farve and the receivers eat you up. Play the pass and AD and Taylor run wild.

Gresho Murford
10/6/2009, 03:43 PM
some of those sacks were Rodgers fault.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/6/2009, 03:50 PM
Keyword being SOME.

With Clifton out and Tauscher gone, this line is a mere shade of the days when Frank Winters was snapping the ball.

But leave it to Ted Thompson, he'll build us back up through the draft. How's that working out for us so far, Ted?

StoopTroup
10/6/2009, 04:32 PM
My Grandmother could have found a receiver with over 7 seconds to throw.

BoulderSooner79
10/6/2009, 04:36 PM
My grammy as well. But that's not surprising because she is packing a canon right arm.

sooner ngintunr
10/6/2009, 05:31 PM

He never lost @ Detroit. jes sayin.

Jdog
10/6/2009, 07:41 PM
While we're whining = why couldn't Phil do that against stronger teams last year? like Tex and FLA

VA Sooner
10/6/2009, 08:17 PM
Good game. Favre still has it... Rodgers has it too but doesn't have the o-line in front of him to give him time to pass. Once they have that figured out...

I heard that negotiations are currently underway to get a lineman to take the place of the third-string rookie on the left.

bluedogok
10/6/2009, 10:04 PM
Pretty much no one loses at Detroit anymore...well the Rams could probably find a way and the Redskins did.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/6/2009, 11:57 PM
My Grandmother could have found a receiver with over 7 seconds to throw.
Back in high school, your grandmother found the whole backfield in the backseat of a Buick.

Lott's Bandana
10/7/2009, 06:39 AM
Back in high school, your grandmother found the whole backfield in the backseat of a Buick.

And behold, SJS was created!

:D

swardboy
10/7/2009, 08:04 AM
While we're whining = why couldn't Phil do that against stronger teams last year? like Tex and FLA

I remember Minnesota message boards saying Phil had a lot of work to do on his footwork when he first came into training camp. Don't know if that's just the difference in pro vs. college game or a coaching issue.

Apparently Phil has really applied himself up there, and I couldn't be prouder of one of "OUr" boys.

rawlingsHOH
10/7/2009, 08:54 AM
Loadholt played great against Florida.

Against Texas, he got whipped on one play, by the best DE in the country, for a sack. He gave up a second sack on a coverage play, Bradford needed to get rid of it. He did block well enough for Sam to throw for 5 TDs.

I'd say his only bad game, as a Sooner, came against West Virginia.

Sooner04
10/7/2009, 09:25 AM
That is incorrect.

rawlingsHOH
10/7/2009, 09:33 AM
I remember Minnesota message boards saying Phil had a lot of work to do on his footwork when he first came into training camp. Don't know if that's just the difference in pro vs. college game or a coaching issue.

Position switch was part of it.

badger
10/7/2009, 10:20 AM

The Packers, contrary to popular opinion, were not always good when Favre was there.

1999 23-15

1998 27-20

1997 26-15

1994 34-31

1993 30-20

Those are the ones that I could find immediately where GB lost in Detriot. Was Favre the QB during those games? Well, let's just say that Favre doesn't have the consecutive starts record by sitting out games.

The Packers, in fact, used to suck with Favre under center. They were horrible beyond horrible. They were the team you threatened to trade players to if they were acting up. Contrary to popular opinion, it was not Favre who turned the Packers around. It was Reggie White. Dean can confirm or deny this.

rawlingsHOH
10/7/2009, 10:54 AM
The Packers, contrary to popular opinion, were not always good when Favre was there.

The Packers, in fact, used to suck with Favre under center. They were horrible beyond horrible. They were the team you threatened to trade players to if they were acting up. Contrary to popular opinion, it was not Favre who turned the Packers around. It was Reggie White. Dean can confirm or deny this.
Strong opinion, but let's put a FACT out there...

In 16 seasons prior to Favre's arrival, the Packers had 2 winning (over .500) seasons.

The 16 seasons with Favre at QB, the Packers had ONE losing (sub .500) season.

WOW!

badger
10/7/2009, 11:07 AM
Strong opinion, but let's put a FACT out there...

In 16 seasons prior to Favre's arrival, the Packers had 2 winning (over .500) seasons.

The 16 seasons with Favre at QB, the Packers had ONE losing (sub .500) season.

WOW!

Winning in the NFL isn't good enough... the way the NFL is setup practically guarantees a winning team every other season... unless you're the Raiders, in which even the Draft can't save you from an incompetent owner, heh.

Again, you have to realize that it wasn't just one player on offense that turned the team around during that time. Players like Keith Jackson were as much of a part of the offensive success as anyone else.

However, it was when we shaped up on defense when we actually started being a threat in the postseason. That is why I think Reggie White turned the franchise around, not Favre.

adoniijahsooner
10/7/2009, 11:25 AM
Winning in the NFL isn't good enough... the way the NFL is setup practically guarantees a winning team every other season... unless you're the Raiders, in which even the Draft can't save you from an incompetent owner, heh.

Again, you have to realize that it wasn't just one player on offense that turned the team around during that time. Players like Keith Jackson were as much of a part of the offensive success as anyone else.

However, it was when we shaped up on defense when we actually started being a threat in the postseason. That is why I think Reggie White turned the franchise around, not Favre.

You know Badger, it seems you are really struggling to see the greatness of Favre.:D

badger
10/7/2009, 11:30 AM
You know Badger, it seems you are really struggling to see the greatness of Favre.:D

:mad: Hell hath no fury, mister

rawlingsHOH
10/7/2009, 11:35 AM
Very true!

16 years w/ Favre, 10 playoff appearances
16 years prior, 1 playoff appearance

Agree, defintely not just one player. But one player was the constant. And that one constant happened to play the most important position. To insinuate KJ had as much to due with Green Bay's success as Favre did, is silly!

However, it was when we shaped up on defense when we actually started being a threat in the postseason.
You are absolutely right, the defense had every bit the impact the offense had in their Super Bowl runs.

That is why I think Reggie White turned the franchise around, not Favre.
He's a huge part of it, no doubt.

adoniijahsooner
10/7/2009, 11:37 AM
Question Badj, would you be happy for AD, load, and cooper if the vikes win the super bowl this year, or will your anger for Favre overwhelm your love for former sooners? You need to be ready to deal with this, because it could happen.

sooner ngintunr
10/7/2009, 11:59 AM
Dang. I could have sworn that I always hear the Favre is undefeated against the Lions. I stand corrected. Maybe it was at Lambeau.

badger
10/7/2009, 12:26 PM
Dang. I could have sworn that I always hear the Favre is undefeated against the Lions. I stand corrected. Maybe it was at Lambeau.

I think this is correct. I don't recall any Lions losses at Lambeau, but I could be mistaken. I don't memorize record books and stuff... I just enjoy watching.:)

16 years w/ Favre, 10 playoff appearances
And each of them ended with a very, very crushed little badger... well, cept for one :D Many of those heartbreaking moments were at the hands of da boys, most notably 1995 (if you ever need to torture me for info, just force me to watch the 1995 NFC Championship game again. it's more torturous than the 2006 Orange Bowl. arrrrrrrrgggggggh). Sorry, but I'm not going to let you win that argument. In my mind, until Lord Voldemort (aka "He who must not be named") retires from Avada Kedavra curse flinging, Sean Jones had more to do with the Packers winning than Voldy. Edgar Bennett and Dorsey Levens moved the ball more than Tom Riddle. Chris Jacke scored more points than the Dark Lord.

There... is that a "strong opinion" enough? ;)

Question Badj, would you be happy for AD, load, and cooper if the vikes win the super bowl this year,

To answer your question honestly, take my reaction to AD's big fumble. I felt bad for AD, but felt good that the Packers scored. So, I can be selectively happy, sad and angry in pro football. I like seeing Sooner alums do well. I also like seeing the Packers do well. So, I can be happy for AD, Loadholt and Coop... and nobody else wearing purple :D

rawlingsHOH
10/7/2009, 01:04 PM
And each of them ended with a very, very crushed little badger... well, cept for one :D Many of those heartbreaking moments were at the hands of da boys, most notably 1995 (if you ever need to torture me for info, just force me to watch the 1995 NFC Championship game again. it's more torturous than the 2006 Orange Bowl. arrrrrrrrgggggggh). Sorry, but I'm not going to let you win that argument. In my mind, until Lord Voldemort (aka "He who must not be named") retires from Avada Kedavra curse flinging, Sean Jones had more to do with the Packers winning than Voldy. Edgar Bennett and Dorsey Levens moved the ball more than Tom Riddle. Chris Jacke scored more points than the Dark Lord.

There... is that a "strong opinion" enough? ;)

Not sure about you, but I spent many dark, cold, Wisconsin January's fretting... over Lynn Dickey's diminishing skills... if Don Majkowski would ever again get the "Magic" back... about Randy Wright's overall atrocious play... whether they will relocate the team to County Stadium, or worse yet out of state... FORREST GREGG!!!

The 16 I got with Brett, greatness. Every season, hope. Every game, a puncher's chance!

Jdog
10/7/2009, 04:30 PM
Loadholt played great against Florida.

Against Texas, he got whipped on one play, by the best DE in the country, for a sack. He gave up a second sack on a coverage play, Bradford needed to get rid of it. He did block well enough for Sam to throw for 5 TDs.

I'd say his only bad game, as a Sooner, came against West Virginia.

Who were the first two holding calls against during the first drive of the Fla game? After the first one Bradford got Sacked - thought that was Loadholt.

bluedogok
10/7/2009, 09:52 PM
Reggie White was the catalyst for opening up Green Bay to the free agent market, most players stayed away from Green Bay up to that point or left there when they hit free agency.

rawlingsHOH
10/8/2009, 08:51 AM
Who were the first two holding calls against during the first drive of the Fla game? After the first one Bradford got Sacked - thought that was Loadholt.
Loadholt didn't have any penalties in that game.

Duke had a 15 yard personal foul, and a hold. Those were our only two calls against the OL.