PDA

View Full Version : A Pro Fan vs a College Fan

Blues1
10/6/2009, 01:34 AM
#1. Most Pro Fans really don't believe their favorite team will go Undefeated.

#2. They understand Injuries are going to Happen during the Season.

#3. Some how they get Over a loss a lot Quicker.

#4. They Live in Very Large Cites and Think Oklahoma is Broadway Musical ~~ :)

Hang in There and Keep Rockin'

sooner59
10/6/2009, 01:43 AM
#1. I would like them to, but I am not naive. 1-loss teams are still alive, but in pro ball they can lose 4-6 games and make it to the Super Bowl.

#2. A true statement. Just sucks for fans and the players.

#3. Because they have a playoff, so they still have a better chance at a title.

#4. Good for them. They can take their big city **** and stick it up their ***!

I like pro ball up to a point. But in the end, its all about money. With players holding out, being traded, and teams drafting stupidly, I prefer college ball. There is more passion for the game and desire to win it all.

Blues1
10/6/2009, 01:47 AM
There is more passion for the game and desire to win it all.

Amen....!!!

StoopTroup
10/6/2009, 01:48 AM
The NFL doesn't have a BCS....they have a Playoff system plus....they are all paid. Don't perform? Your gone. There's your passion....lol

sooner59
10/6/2009, 01:53 AM
The NFL doesn't have a BCS....they have a Playoff system plus....they are all paid. Don't perform? Your gone. There's your passion....lol

Yeah, on the other hand....in college, if you don't perform you bet benched, and you never even get a shot at the NFL or big bucks. Gotta fall back on that sociology degree.....or so it goes most often in Norman.

StoopTroup
10/6/2009, 02:19 AM
Yeah, on the other hand....in college, if you don't perform you bet benched, and you never even get a shot at the NFL or big bucks. Gotta fall back on that sociology degree.....or so it goes most often in Norman.

Once your in the Big Show...it's a big damn difference though. Your a paid professional. Lots of guys have dreams of making it to the big show but they also realize that not very many of them make it. Most NCAA Players are going to have to fall back on their degree. Smart players do both. Give your all in College and you might make it. Don't and the NFL goes looking somewhere else immediately. As a College Player...you should have pure passion IMO. You do it for your dreams and your memories and your Team and Fans. In the NFL...you do it for the money and to continue to live the dream you worked so hard to get all of your life. They are both passions. One has more to do with money in your pocket every week and the other has to do with dreams and what could be someday.

sooner59
10/6/2009, 02:50 AM
Don't get me wrong, I can tell when an NFL player is playing because he loves the game and wants to win. But I was just saying that "most" college players live and die each week because they know their playing days are most likely finite. I see some NFL players play with passion, but I see much more NFL players play half-*** and smile and joke after a game than in the NCAA. NFL doesn't get interesting until the playoffs are either on the line or in progress. The NFL is much more conservative than the NCAA. That is why I love college football.

StoopTroup
10/6/2009, 03:13 AM
Most I guess is the key as there are lots more guys playing ball in College than the NFL.

Amy of those kids playing in the Top 25 Teams and/or have been a part of a School that has hung National Championships on the wall....your going to see more of them with passion IMO.

badger
10/6/2009, 07:15 AM
#1. Most Pro Fans really don't believe their favorite team will go Undefeated.
It just doesn't happen, even if you cheat... ask the Patriots, lol :D

#2. They understand Injuries are going to Happen during the Season.
They seem to happen more often in the pros - these are aging guys that have more lingering injuries than the younger guys... plus the pros hit a lot harder and invent new ways to injure each other before the rules are changed yearly, heh.

#3. Some how they get Over a loss a lot Quicker.
I am already over last night. My lifelong favorite team was down 16 with half of the final quarter left (and admittedly, quarters seem to last a lot longer in college than the pros... possibly because they are). But, it's not like we don't get another shot at our divisional foe at home later this season.

#4. They Live in Very Large Cites and Think Oklahoma is Broadway Musical ~~ :)
Well, it is, isn't it? ;)

I think you've created a thread that will turn into a playoff and/or extended conference schedule discussion before long, because that's mostly the reason why losses and injuries aren't a big deal. Didn't the Giants have a billion losses the year they won it all?

Gresho Murford
10/6/2009, 10:09 AM
If we had a playoff I definitely wouldn't be as upset with this season.

kustang619
10/6/2009, 10:41 AM
If we had a playoff I definitely wouldn't be as upset with this season.

+ 1

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/6/2009, 01:23 PM
that didn't take long....

bluedogok
10/6/2009, 10:13 PM
I like both, one thing that I have noticed is pro fans tend to be younger. That was definitely the case at the Broncos-Cowboys game this past weekend. The oldest in our section were sitting next to us, great ladies. The Broncos fans was 70 y.o and a longtime season ticket holder, her sister-in-law came up from Boerne (outside San Antonio) and was a Cowboys fan but most everyone else in our area was our age (mid 40's) or younger. It was even moreso at the Avalanche-Sharks game on Thursday. The traditional college programs tend to have older fans, nothing wrong with that, just different and even some of the others the fan base tends to be older.