PDA

View Full Version : Favre is getting all the credit

rawlingsHOH
10/5/2009, 09:57 PM
And rightly so. But why do you think he is having this game?

Green Bay is in a 3-5 front!!! for crying out loud.

rawlingsHOH
10/5/2009, 09:57 PM
Unless Chester is in. Then it is 3-3

rawlingsHOH
10/5/2009, 10:03 PM
Props to Gruden for pointing this out, finally.

tulsaoilerfan
10/5/2009, 11:07 PM
Yeah, they sold out completely to stop AD, but the Vikes still won the game

sooner94
10/5/2009, 11:14 PM
Favre loves Peterson and has been very outspken about it. He talks about Peterson's work ethic and ability and says he is the best RB he has ever played with and ever seen. He compared Walter Payton and AD and said AD is better because he has more ability.

I think its great that Peterson finally has a QB that can take advantage of a D with 8 men in the box. Great for AD's career, however long it lasts.

All of us Sooner fans should appreciate this. AD will get his yards because of this. Teams have been stakcing the run, but the Vikings have been winning.

Opposing teams will start playing both run and pass. Then watch out.

I like what I'm seeing.

sooner59
10/6/2009, 12:37 AM
Totally agreed. Soon, the defenses will have to stop selling out to stop AD, because if they do, Favre will just burn them. When they start trying to stop Favre, AD will run wild again.

StoopTroup
10/6/2009, 01:44 AM
Farve....1st QB to defeat all 32 Teams in the NFL. Ever.

The guy loves the game. It's why he continues to play. Period.

AD...

He's a beast. I'm betting he'll probably have a room full of weights and props trying to figure out how that guy got the ball out of his hands though. Freaky as when he broke his collarbone IMO. He's got a death grip on the ball anymore and still that bastage got in there and stole the ball. Couldn't believe that play.

sooner59
10/6/2009, 01:50 AM
Farve....1st QB to defeat all 32 Teams in the NFL. Ever.

The guy loves the game. It's why he continues to play. Period.

AD...

He's a beast. I'm betting he'll probably have a room full of weights and props trying to figure out how that guy got the ball out of his hands though. Freaky as when he broke his collarbone IMO. He's got a death grip on the ball anymore and still that bastage got in there and stole the ball. Couldn't believe that play.

I could only imagine how hard it is to try to put a death grip on the ball when there are 4-5 NFL defenders pulling all different ways while going down...then realizing that another is trying as hard as he can to take the ball away. I bet if most people were carrying the ball on that play, they would never criticize again, lol.

StoopTroup
10/6/2009, 02:10 AM
No doubt that stripping the ball is just about as important as a good defensive stop anymore. It's why I think AD couldn't believe he got stripped. I guarantee you he's gonna be working that one out in his head and obsessing about what he can do to make sure it never happens again.

His work ethic is insane. That guy got lucky and caught it at just the right moment. If you were thinking I was being critical...I realize how much Defensive players work on getting strips as much as a I realize that AD will do everything he can to make sure it never happens again.

sooner59
10/6/2009, 02:53 AM
True.

MI Sooner
10/6/2009, 11:05 AM
I think Minnesota should just keep running handoffs to AD, regardless of the defense. I mean, if they don't look as good when they're well defended, whaddya gonna do, change your gameplan?

BoulderSooner79
10/6/2009, 12:31 PM
Yep, Favre knows he has time and open receivers because of AD. It is frustrating to watch AD run into brick walls so much and I do think the Vikes could have a little more creativity in the play calling to free him up more. AD would have more big plays if they would let him stay in on 3rd downs a few times or run swing passes to him occasionally. I suspect they may start mixing it up more now that Favre has more games under his belt with this group - he effectively had no pre-season.

rawlingsHOH
10/6/2009, 12:38 PM
Yep, Favre knows he has time and open receivers because of AD. It is frustrating to watch AD run into brick walls so much and I do think the Vikes could have a little more creativity in the play calling to free him up more. AD would have more big plays if they would let him stay in on 3rd downs a few times or run swing passes to him occasionally. I suspect they may start mixing it up more now that Favre has more games under his belt with this group - he effectively had no pre-season.
I think defenses are going to have a similar gameplan all year...
1) stop AD
2) worry about Favre

They will make Favre beat them throwing it downfield, before they are going to give AD an honest front to run against.

Like you, I think once Favre and his WRs become more familiar, the exotic fronts will diminish slightly. Last night we were seeing their 3 down linemen, plus 4 LBs and 1 Safety in the box. Added to that, their corners, Woodson and Harris, were peaking in the backfield and slicing in on anything that hinted run.

You are right, more creativity would certainly help!

OUMallen
10/6/2009, 02:06 PM
Not sure what a deathgrip the guy has on the ball when he leads the league in fumbles in the last year and a half or whatever stat they tossed out there last night.

It's hard to believe given his strength and ability, and maybe it's due to having so many carries, but AD is one of the statistically worst fumblers in the entire league.

Gresho Murford
10/6/2009, 02:09 PM
Not sure what a deathgrip the guy has on the ball when he leads the league in fumbles in the last year and a half or whatever stat they tossed out there last night.

It's hard to believe given his strength and ability, and maybe it's due to having so many carries, but AD is one of the statistically worst fumblers in the entire league.

k_GxXRbSFDg

Gresho Murford
10/6/2009, 02:20 PM
2: 07 mark

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d802f0aa6/Brett-Favre-wired

rawlingsHOH
10/6/2009, 02:42 PM

It's true, he is.

Also true, is the following...

Emmitt Smith, 8 fumbles in '91
Walter Payton, 10 fumbles in '76, 11 fumbles in '77
Barry Sanders, 10 fumbles in '89
Eric Dickerson, 5 seasons with double-digit fumbles, 14 in '84
Tony Dorsett, 3 seasons with double-digit fumbles, 12 in '78 and '84
Jim Brown, 9 fumbles in '60, also in '62
Marshall Faulk, 8 fumbles in '95
Marcus Allen, 14 fumbles in '83
Edge James, 8 fumbles in '99
Franco Harris, 3 seasons with double-digit fumbles, 11 in '79
Thurman Thomas, 9 fumbles in '88
OJ Simpson, 9 fumbles in '72
Earl Campbell, 10 fumbles in '81
Ladanian Tomlinson, 8 fumbles in '01

wishbonesooner
10/6/2009, 04:24 PM
Remember the people that said the Vikings didn't improve their team when they signed Favre? Woner where those folks have all gone?
The dude loves to play football, and he's not ready to quit playing.

NormanPride
10/6/2009, 04:25 PM
Sure is Sooner Football in here...

rawlingsHOH
10/6/2009, 04:27 PM
Sure is Sooner Football in here...
I started the thread as an acknowledgement to Peterson.