PDA

View Full Version : Anybody into this probiotic stuff?

Penguin
10/5/2009, 09:05 PM
So, they grow buckets of bacteria, mix a little water, and bottle it? I guess I might go for it if a doctor told me take i need some and I needed a prescription to get it. But, this stuff is being made by lots of off the wall companies, full of who knows what, and they want me to drink it because they put a "All Natural For Digestion Health" label on it?

Bah. If I'm going too fast, I'll take some Imodium. If I'm going too slow, I'll have some Taco Bell. Taco Bell might have some bad bacteria, but at least it's bacteria that I know.

LosAngelesSooner
10/6/2009, 04:21 AM
My fiance takes it. It's a good bacteria that helps you digest food and get regular and not have any intestinal problems. It also helps you with you immune system and basically keeps your body functioning in the proper way.

She has all sorts of food allergies and stuff, so she does little things like taking pro-biotics to help even her out...and she swears by the stuff.

But I've never taken it, so I'm just passing along info from her to you. Hope it helps somewhat.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/6/2009, 08:46 AM
It has poopalottus blowmudicus cultures in it.

OUDoc
10/6/2009, 09:08 AM
Some of the GI docs I know recommend probiotics, FWIW.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/6/2009, 09:09 AM
I like it. Drink it regularly as well as take probiotic pills when traveling. I tend to drink Yakult. First had it in Korea when I was there to review construction in a shipyard. They passed it out to all employees at meal time. This was Hyundai Heavy Industries.

proud gonzo
10/7/2009, 01:23 PM
I think it works well, but i can't have whatever one is in that Activia yogurt. I'm allergic to it.

Howzit
10/7/2009, 01:56 PM
Speaking of bacteria, did you know that normally, fecesare made up of 75 percent water and 25 percent solid matter. About 30 percent of the solid matter consists of dead bacteria?

original source - Harry Beanbag

Mjcpr
10/7/2009, 02:07 PM
Speaking of bacteria, did you know that normally, fecesare made up of 75 percent water and 25 percent solid matter. About 30 percent of the solid matter consists of dead bacteria?

original source - Harry Beanbag

Can we assume that the majority of yours died from bludgeoning?

JohnnyMack
10/7/2009, 02:12 PM
Can we assume that the majority of yours died from bludgeoning?

Repeated blunt force trauma.

Howzit
10/7/2009, 03:42 PM
Oooh, talk dirty, you little dirty talker, you.

OUDoc
10/7/2009, 04:13 PM
That's how he lost his tonsils too.

Howzit
10/7/2009, 04:33 PM
That's how Doc lost his ability to fart audibly.

Turd_Ferguson
10/7/2009, 04:48 PM
That's how Doc lost his ability to fart audibly.When your fart's start sounding less like a fart and more like a sigh...it's time to go hetero for a while.:D

OUDoc
10/8/2009, 08:18 AM
That's how Doc lost his ability to fart audibly.
I fart in Braille now.

Lott's Bandana
10/8/2009, 08:21 AM
I fart in Braille now.

I'm not touching anymore elevator buttons.