PDA

View Full Version : For sale: Lion, tiger, cougar, leopard, jaguar, etc., must sell!

Okla-homey
10/5/2009, 08:30 PM
owner killed by her bear.

Oct 5, 2009 9:04 pm US/Eastern Pa.

Woman Mauled To Death By Bear

ALLENTOWN (CBS 3) ― A pet black bear kept inside a 15-by-15 foot steel and concrete cage fatally attacked Ann Walz of Ross Township.

A northeastern Pennsylvania woman, whose husband is an exotic pet dealer operating on an expired license, was mauled to death by a black bear over the weekend.

Authorities say Kelly Ann Walz, 37, of Ross Township in Monroe County, was attacked by her 350 pound pet bear while cleaning its cage at about 5 p.m. Sunday. Walz had reportedly thrown a shovelful of dog food to one side of the cage to distract the bear while she cleaned the other side, but the animal turned on her and attacked.

Walz's children and the neighbor's children saw the attack and summoned help, and the neighbor shot and killed the bear while it was atop Walz, said Tim Conway, an information and education supervisor with the Pennsylvania Game Commission.

"Why this woman chose to go in the same area that the bear was in is beyond me. It's a fatal mistake," he said. "These things are not tame animals, they're wild animals."

Owners of wild animals typically have a two-section cage, allowing them to isolate the animal behind a locked gate while they clean the other part, Conway said.

Conway said Walz's husband, Michael, had a license to keep and sell exotic animals, but it expired in June of 2008. He called the lapse a technicality.

Walz, who has been licensed since 1994, reported to authorities in 2007 that he kept a lion, cougar, jaguar, tiger, black bear, leopard and two servals on the property in Ross Township, a rural area in the Pocono Mountains, about 20 miles northeast of Allentown.

The incident remains under investigation.

StoopTroup
10/5/2009, 08:47 PM
I gotta get me a bear. :D ;)

btk108
10/5/2009, 09:38 PM
Homey....ya been bear hunting yet? BTW...won't be there Sat....funeral in California....smoke a cigar for me.

olevetonahill
10/5/2009, 10:46 PM
I gotta get me a bear. :D ;)

Got one in the closet
Kilt it in 82

StoopTroup
10/6/2009, 02:22 AM
Got one in the closet
Kilt it in 82

Did you kill it to keep it from killing your Wife while she was shoveling dog food to him? :D

olevetonahill
10/6/2009, 08:41 AM
Hell No if it had been after My wife
id have throwed it More Food :D