PDA

View Full Version : I really hate this place sometimes.

JohnnyMack
10/5/2009, 04:05 PM
And most of you right along with it.

olevetonahill
10/5/2009, 04:07 PM
Is it "that" time of the Month ?

http://epicself.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/pms-1.jpg

JohnnyMack
10/5/2009, 04:08 PM
Yes, most of our fans are acting:

Pretty
Mother****ing
Stupid

Jello Biafra
10/5/2009, 04:10 PM

Pretty
Mother****ing
Stupid

well, it has been a long time since we have been out of the NC race this early but, now, we have the time...lets hear it.

olevetonahill
10/5/2009, 04:16 PM
Wont say MOST but will say A shat pot full :D

Mississippi Sooner
10/5/2009, 04:18 PM
I really hate overcooked pasta.

As for people on a message board who know more than the coaching staff after a close loss, I just tune them out and wait til the next win.

StoopTroup
10/5/2009, 04:19 PM

Pretty
Mother****ing
Stupid

I can't believe you ventured to the Football Forum.

WOW! Just WOW! :D:pop:

cheezyq
10/5/2009, 04:35 PM
I really hate overcooked pasta.

As for people on a message board who know more than the coaching staff after a close loss, I just tune them out and wait til the next win.

I'm curious what potion it is that fans like you drink that makes them think that coaches are geniuses who know everything about their craft...to the point that they are free from criticism. Are we talking about guys who passed up careers in engineering and medicine so that they could coach? Not likely. We're talking about former players. How many football players do you see solving complex problems on a regular basis? Yet they continue to get promoted to coaching positions.

Smart people realize that the odds of making it big in the coaching profession are remote, at best. It's not because they are clueless idiots that they decided to not coach. It's because the opportunities are rare. Coaches are rarely geniuses. Half the time, if they achieve success, it's because they are just lucky and get good players. And regardless of how good they are at their craft, my contributions to the university pay their salaries, so I can criticize them all I want.

Let me ask you this - how often do you criticize your government authorities? I'll bet it's a lot. And I'll bet that you are not nearly as smart as many of them. Does that preclude you from having an opinion on their results?

SoonerLaw09
10/5/2009, 04:37 PM
And most of you right along with it.

THAT'S GARBAGE!!!!! [hairGel]

I feel soooooo bedowngraded...

cvsooner
10/5/2009, 04:41 PM
Hell, they slam the coaching staff after a close WIN, much less a close loss.

tommieharris91
10/5/2009, 04:43 PM
I've said earlier, we can win every game 77-0 and people would still have something to bitch about.

KingWKB
10/5/2009, 04:43 PM
All the old timers here think their opinion is the only one that matters. It gets pretty annoying to read. Kevin Wilson deserves all the criticism he gets, he did not put us in a position to win, and that is becoming a habit in big games against good teams. There that is my opinion, now I bet someone will come along and tell me how it "really" is. Because they know. They have been here longer.

JohnnyMack
10/5/2009, 04:44 PM
Most of you sorry ****s are in dire need of a hobby. Read a book, play with your kids, talk to your wife, go to a bar and have a drink with your buddies, but for christs sake get the **** over it already. We lost a game on the road to a ranked opponent by 1 point. **** happens.

Collier11
10/5/2009, 04:45 PM
its like this after every loss and alot of wins, all the crazies and over reactors come out of the closet

soonervegas
10/5/2009, 04:46 PM
I don't see what the fuss is. We have all been around here along time and know the drill.

We will be 4-peating in the Big 12 by Thursday evening.

Collier11
10/5/2009, 04:47 PM
All the old timers here think their opinion is the only one that matters. It gets pretty annoying to read. Kevin Wilson deserves all the criticism he gets, he did not put us in a position to win, and that is becoming a habit in big games against good teams. There that is my opinion, now I bet someone will come along and tell me how it "really" is. Because they know. They have been here longer.

Nothing to do with criticism, it has to do with after almost every loss a bunch of people run around with their heads cut off talking about the world is going to end and lets fire everyone. Guess what, this coaching staff has won 81% of their games, they still screw up from time to time.

Mississippi Sooner
10/5/2009, 04:48 PM
As I said, I just tune it out and wait for the next game. The monster gets fed plenty without my help. Even through the '96 season when we struggled to win 3, I still supported them and watched every game I could. This, too, shall pass.

cheezyq
10/5/2009, 04:49 PM
Most of you sorry ****s are in dire need of a hobby. Read a book, play with your kids, talk to your wife, go to a bar and have a drink with your buddies, but for christs sake get the **** over it already. We lost a game on the road to a ranked opponent by 1 point. **** happens.

So then why does Soonerfans.com exist at all? Sunshine pumping? I got an idea! Let's not call it a forum anymore, because people don't like dissenting opinions or criticism. Let's call it SoonerFansHappyFunTime!

Collier11
10/5/2009, 04:51 PM
^^^ missing the point. It is one thing to criticize, it is another to start up 43 threads all basically saying the same damn thing. How come after every single loss some coach needs to be fired or Stoops is overrated or our team doesnt care or blah blah blah, that is the point

You are typically pretty rational, you should get it

JohnnyMack
10/5/2009, 04:53 PM
So then why does Soonerfans.com exist at all? Sunshine pumping? I got an idea! Let's not call it a forum anymore, because people don't like dissenting opinions or criticism. Let's call it SoonerFansHappyFunTime!

There is a place for valid criticism. I'm all for it. There is also a place for a little thing called perspective.

SoonerLaw09
10/5/2009, 04:55 PM
Hey, I wasn't on this site last year, but if I was I would not have said anything except "we got beat by a better team." Yeah, there were a couple of weird decisions by the coaches (and they admit as much), but it was just Tebow's night and Fla's defense had game on us.

On Saturday, I felt very differently.

Collier11
10/5/2009, 05:09 PM
and thats fine to state, but does it really need 15 different threads to say that?

cheezyq
10/5/2009, 05:10 PM
There is a place for valid criticism. I'm all for it. There is also a place for a little thing called perspective.

I'm totally with that, and I get that some of the whining is annoying. I guess I view this place differently. I see it as a place for Sooner fans to come together. I've said it before, some of the whining annoys me too.

But this is also a place for, I think, Sooners to vent their frustrations. If you're like me - not in Norman - and don't have a lot of immediate Sooner fans in your support group, then I think it's OK to come on here and say, "Dammit, Venables/Wilson sure called a ****ty game today". I'll bet a lot of us do that during the game with our families and stuff. I did it during the game with a Michigan fan this weekend. Why is it suddenly a no-no just because it's online?

Let's also face the fact that a lot of people here post drunk. :D

I will state it right now that there are a LOT of people on here that annoy me too. But they're all Sooner fans, and if they want to act like a doosh on the forum because they're emotional about their team, then I resign myself to just ignoring them. Or if they're flat wrong, I'll argue with them. I just don't feel its necessary to start a thread lumping them all into one group and saying that I hate this place because of them.

For the most part, this place is a god-send compared to other forums. I like how it's moderated.

cheezyq
10/5/2009, 05:18 PM

And one more thing - I see a lot of valid criticism of the coaches here that gets shut down just because it's about the coaches. People constantly mislabel it as whining or over-the-top "Fire Coach X" opinions. I think that saying, "Venables/Wilson isn't getting the job done" is a valid opinion. I've said all along that SOMETHING needs to be done, because the problems are consistent. I don't necessarily think it needs to be a firing, but something has to be done. To me, that is a valid opinion and isn't whining. Yet that's what happens here, is that real criticism is labeled as whining and threads like these get started, with the sunshine pumpers following with an "Amen, brother".

FaninAma
10/5/2009, 05:21 PM

You are a much less obnoxious person in
person. In fact you're a pretty nice guy so
I'll refrain from telling you what an *** you are
are coming across as right now. No, I will not
go there. No sir. :D

Collier11
10/5/2009, 05:21 PM
as weve said, its cus there are a million threads about it, peopel get sick of it

cheezyq
10/5/2009, 05:26 PM
as weve said, its cus there are a million threads about it, peopel get sick of it

I get that, too...to an extent. Maybe an idea is to start a "Opinions about the most recent game" thread. But here's the problem:

A lot of threads that are about a controversial topic will get hijacked by people saying, "Stop whining" or an endless string of dumb jokes. If a poster comes behind all that and wants his/her opinion to be heard, posting in a hijacked thread just sucks. You can't really do it because anyone who's seen the thread get jacked starts to ignore the subject altogether. So to REALLY be heard, a person feels another thread has to be started.

Maybe that's not what SHOULD be done, but it's what IS being done.

Curly Bill
10/5/2009, 05:42 PM
I was gonna come on here and start another lets fire someone thread...

...but I just feel so chastised now. :rolleyes:

tulsaoilerfan
10/5/2009, 05:53 PM

So it's pretty simple, don't read them all; whether i agree with it or not it doesn't bother me either way.

JohnnyMack
10/5/2009, 05:56 PM
You are a much less obnoxious person in
person. In fact you're a pretty nice guy so
I'll refrain from telling you what an *** you are
are coming across as right now. No, I will not
go there. No sir. :D

:D

Dean spekked me fer this here thread.

KC//CRIMSON
10/5/2009, 06:01 PM

I'm over it, but the bottom line is that KW had two weeks to prepare and he failed those kids.

Johnny Utah
10/5/2009, 07:53 PM
I'm totally with that, and I get that some of the whining is annoying. I guess I view this place differently. I see it as a place for Sooner fans to come together. I've said it before, some of the whining annoys me too.

But this is also a place for, I think, Sooners to vent their frustrations. If you're like me - not in Norman - and don't have a lot of immediate Sooner fans in your support group, then I think it's OK to come on here and say, "Dammit, Venables/Wilson sure called a ****ty game today". I'll bet a lot of us do that during the game with our families and stuff. I did it during the game with a Michigan fan this weekend. Why is it suddenly a no-no just because it's online?

Let's also face the fact that a lot of people here post drunk. :D

I will state it right now that there are a LOT of people on here that annoy me too. But they're all Sooner fans, and if they want to act like a doosh on the forum because they're emotional about their team, then I resign myself to just ignoring them. Or if they're flat wrong, I'll argue with them. I just don't feel its necessary to start a thread lumping them all into one group and saying that I hate this place because of them.

For the most part, this place is a god-send compared to other forums. I like how it's moderated.

Great post for trying to establish some perspective. I as well don't have a lot of immediate Sooner fans in my support group, except for my wife and kids. In fact I'm no where near Sooner Country, but in the midst of SEC (SEC, SEC) land (during football season, then it changes to ACC land during bball season). Therefore I suffer a constant onslaught of SEC hype, not only from the local media and fans, but also now from the national media. As a result I probably (definitely according to the wife) get overly defensive of OU when not playing up to expectations, even if those expectations are not entirely realistic given the circumstances. So I guess I'm guilty of channeling some of the criticism I see and hear of OU football, Big Game Bob and the "soft" Big 12, back to those that would hopefully provide some empathy for a fellow Sooner fan.

TopDawg
10/5/2009, 07:57 PM
I'm over it, but the bottom line is that KW had two weeks to prepare and he failed those kids.

I don't know that I'd call that the bottom line as if there's no two ways about it. I bet our #1 wide receiver factored into his preparation pretty heavily. When he was in the game we moved the ball pretty effectively. When he wasn't, we didn't.

sooner ngintunr
10/5/2009, 08:31 PM
Just wait till UM goes 8-4 this year. LOL.

Thats about how good I think they are, sadly we are just a little worse.

Wahtevs, I still watch every game and have fun doing it.

I'm thinking 7-5, hopefully 8-4, Honestly.

Frustrating? yeah. thats football.

BOOMER!!

I'll admit though the dumas ratio on here has spiked to about 1 in 6 lately, same thing after the BYU game, they don't seem to stick around though. And for some reason they only come on when we lose. I don't get it.

GKeeper316
10/5/2009, 08:36 PM
I'm curious what potion it is that fans like you drink that makes them think that coaches are geniuses who know everything about their craft...to the point that they are free from criticism. Are we talking about guys who passed up careers in engineering and medicine so that they could coach? Not likely. We're talking about former players. How many football players do you see solving complex problems on a regular basis? Yet they continue to get promoted to coaching positions.

Smart people realize that the odds of making it big in the coaching profession are remote, at best. It's not because they are clueless idiots that they decided to not coach. It's because the opportunities are rare. Coaches are rarely geniuses. Half the time, if they achieve success, it's because they are just lucky and get good players. And regardless of how good they are at their craft, my contributions to the university pay their salaries, so I can criticize them all I want.

Let me ask you this - how often do you criticize your government authorities? I'll bet it's a lot. And I'll bet that you are not nearly as smart as many of them. Does that preclude you from having an opinion on their results?

if only we could have kept mike leach. dude's never played a single down of competative football, and actually gave up a promising career as a lawyer to get into coaching. and he's a mother****in genius (to quote kanye)

cheezyq
10/5/2009, 08:49 PM
I was gonna come on here and start another lets fire someone thread...

...but I just feel so chastised now. :rolleyes:

I just find it funny that this is basically a thread started for the purpose of whining about whiners.

snp
10/5/2009, 08:59 PM
I just find it funny that this is basically a thread started for the purpose of whining about whiners.

You whiners have 20 threads going right now. Us complaining about the whiners have 1.

JohnnyMack
10/5/2009, 09:04 PM
And one more thing - I see a lot of valid criticism of the coaches here that gets shut down just because it's about the coaches. People constantly mislabel it as whining or over-the-top "Fire Coach X" opinions. I think that saying, "Venables/Wilson isn't getting the job done" is a valid opinion. I've said all along that SOMETHING needs to be done, because the problems are consistent. I don't necessarily think it needs to be a firing, but something has to be done. To me, that is a valid opinion and isn't whining. Yet that's what happens here, is that real criticism is labeled as whining and threads like these get started, with the sunshine pumpers following with an "Amen, brother".

I'm not sure how well you know me, but "sunshine pumper" ain't something you would use to describe me.

We're talking about a game here. A game played by 18 - 22 year old kids. Sometimes people get so wrapped up in things that don't really matter that they can't seem to find any perspective on things that are truly important. They can't see the big picture because they so intently focus on some tiny little thing (oh my gawd KW called a draw on 3rd and 18) that is of very little consequence.

I find it amusing that this very same coaching staff that led us to an NCAA scoring record last season, produced a Heisman trophy winning QB, another conference title and a berth in the MNC has in the minds of some people on this board all of a sudden forgotten how to coach. The same coaching staff that produced the first offense in NCAA history to score 60 points in five straight games and also produced the first 4,000 yard passer and TWO 1,000 yard rushers was apparently zapped with the little wand thingie from Men In Black and rendered incompetent.

What's happened with our team this year had nothing to do with the attrition of our offensive line. I mean replacing 3 All Conference (and 2 All American) linemen is simple. Just plug 'em in and there you have it. It had nothing to do with losing the aforementioned Heisman trophy winning leader of the offense. It had nothing to do with losing one of, if not the most feared pass catching TEs to come along in the last decade. A player that was for all intents and purposes not defendable by a single athlete, no matter who it was you put against him. Our woes had nothing to do with our speed burner of a WR (who made you think twice about trying to roll the safety over to double team Gresham back when he was healthly) going down with a broken bone.

No none of these things had anything to do with our woes. You see it all goes back to the fact that over the summer Kevin Wilson fell in well on his family farm and hit his head, knocking every bit of both common and football sense that he had out of his melon.

tulsaoilerfan
10/5/2009, 09:07 PM
I don't know that I'd call that the bottom line as if there's no two ways about it. I bet our #1 wide receiver factored into his preparation pretty heavily. When he was in the game we moved the ball pretty effectively. When he wasn't, we didn't.

So shouldn't a coach have a plan B in case for some reason plan A doesn't work? Surely Wilson is a better coach than to put all his game planning on one receiver? Isn't he?

Collier11
10/5/2009, 09:09 PM
So it's pretty simple, don't read them all; whether i agree with it or not it doesn't bother me either way.

I dont read them all, I was making a point of why everyone gets so sick of this place during the season, that is why

tulsaoilerfan
10/5/2009, 09:16 PM
I dont read them all, I was making a point of why everyone gets so sick of this place during the season, that is why

So should we all just pretend everything is okay then? Like it or not, it happens on every internet message board and the Sooners boards are going to be no different

A Sooner in Texas
10/5/2009, 09:19 PM

Well, by cracky, if you don't like reading the opinions of those who have seen the same song a few times, get the hell out.
Some of us have been here long enough to see Barry Switzer leave under heavy criticism, bringing on the FABULOUS years of Gary Gibbs, John Blake and smellsofbourbon.
Yeah, maybe it's time to take a long look at some of the coaching decisions, but don't come on here and criticize people who've been through a whole lot worse.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/5/2009, 09:23 PM

Speaking of someone who needs to get a hobby. You're the sorry sack who has 18.5K+ posts! You need a life!

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2009, 09:29 PM
I think the thing is that a lot of posters are having a hard time finding the middle ground on this...those who want to fire everybody and those who are using the ostrich technique...

soonervegas
10/5/2009, 09:30 PM
Maybe we could get a puppies and sunshine board and a fire stoops now board. We could be rivals and stuff.....

JohnnyMack
10/5/2009, 09:38 PM
Maybe you two geniuses could explain last years success as it relates to this years struggles for us?

Collier11
10/5/2009, 10:17 PM
So should we all just pretend everything is okay then? Like it or not, it happens on every internet message board and the Sooners boards are going to be no different

You guys are nothing more than broken records...you all say the sky is falling, we say calm down, you all say should we just act like nothing is wrong, we say of course not but dont act like it is the end of the world, our coaches have a track record of being pretty darn good, you all say the sky is falling, etc.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2009, 10:50 PM
Maybe you two geniuses could explain last years success as it relates to this years struggles for us?

If you are referring to me, I dont know what in my post bothered you but here you go..

In your posts, all you mentioned was offensive stats..nothing else...I have not mentioned much of anything about the offense...All I ve said is this team has problems getting the defense off the field in the 4rd quarter which has shown in both TOP and 3rd down conversion...in close games where teams are less likely to gamble with anything deep, this team can't stop the short stuff...prove it otherwise

KW has been dealt a short hand so far this year, which is what I've said before...and you yourself in your post mentioned all the problems of replacing starters lost to graduation/injuries...sure some play calling was suspect, but the fact is there isn't one guy on this offense without Broyles that can take over the game....

So if you wanna call me "genius" whatever...I post on the football board to talk football, not just show up to talk about how dumb posters are.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2009, 10:58 PM
One thing that could be done to help is to incorporate some of the D that Bob ran at Florida, a 44 which would help defend some of the middle stuff..instead of leaving reynolds all alone with a crossing WR/TE, have someone else in there to pass the offensive player off to

tulsaoilerfan
10/5/2009, 11:01 PM
You guys are nothing more than broken records...you all say the sky is falling, we say calm down, you all say should we just act like nothing is wrong, we say of course not but dont act like it is the end of the world, our coaches have a track record of being pretty darn good, you all say the sky is falling, etc.

Your a broken record also; fact is there are alot of us that do not have much confidence in one or both of the coordinators for this team, and until the Sooners start to beat ranked teams away from Norman we have every right to ask what the hell is going on and is it going to be fixed

cheezyq
10/5/2009, 11:01 PM
You whiners have 20 threads going right now. Us complaining about the whiners have 1.

Who said I was whining? Go back and read my posts. No whining. I think it sucks that we lost. I think we have some issues at the coaching level. But no whining.

I'm just defending the right to have an opinion and the right to use SF.com as a place to vent. If you want to call having an opinion about our coaches "whining", then feel free. But that's a pretty big brush to paint everyone with.

gotpoi73
10/5/2009, 11:02 PM
we can still ruin texass' and osu's seasons!

tulsaoilerfan
10/5/2009, 11:02 PM
I think the thing is that a lot of posters are having a hard time finding the middle ground on this...those who want to fire everybody and those who are using the ostrich technique...

Agreed.

cheezyq
10/5/2009, 11:20 PM
I'm not sure how well you know me, but "sunshine pumper" ain't something you would use to describe me.

We're talking about a game here. A game played by 18 - 22 year old kids. Sometimes people get so wrapped up in things that don't really matter that they can't seem to find any perspective on things that are truly important. They can't see the big picture because they so intently focus on some tiny little thing (oh my gawd KW called a draw on 3rd and 18) that is of very little consequence.

I don't know you well, and I'm sure that you don't know me. You paint everyone with a large brush, lumping them into a category of people who have no life, just because they have an opinion on the Sooners that dissents from yours.

I find it amusing that this very same coaching staff that led us to an NCAA scoring record last season, produced a Heisman trophy winning QB, another conference title and a berth in the MNC has in the minds of some people on this board all of a sudden forgotten how to coach. The same coaching staff that produced the first offense in NCAA history to score 60 points in five straight games and also produced the first 4,000 yard passer and TWO 1,000 yard rushers was apparently zapped with the little wand thingie from Men In Black and rendered incompetent.

That's great. That's why we love our Sooners. Pardon me, however, if I prefer to see us beat good teams with regularity, and see some improvement with a team that's shown consistent issues. I don't ignore the good things about the Sooners, but I don't ignore the things that need improvement either. It's called perspective.

What's happened with our team this year had nothing to do with the attrition of our offensive line. I mean replacing 3 All Conference (and 2 All American) linemen is simple. Just plug 'em in and there you have it. It had nothing to do with losing the aforementioned Heisman trophy winning leader of the offense. It had nothing to do with losing one of, if not the most feared pass catching TEs to come along in the last decade. A player that was for all intents and purposes not defendable by a single athlete, no matter who it was you put against him. Our woes had nothing to do with our speed burner of a WR (who made you think twice about trying to roll the safety over to double team Gresham back when he was healthly) going down with a broken bone.

No none of these things had anything to do with our woes. You see it all goes back to the fact that over the summer Kevin Wilson fell in well on his family farm and hit his head, knocking every bit of both common and football sense that he had out of his melon.

And how do you describe all the similar situations and losses, when none of those players had anything to do with the outcome of those games? None of those players was in the Boise State or WVU or TGOWWNDS games, were they? Yet the same issues continue to plague us. Are the players all to blame? If so, then who is recruiting and training those players?

All I'm saying is that the people who get paid to run the team should be held accountable for these consistent mistakes. If that makes me a "whiner"...so be it.

GottaHavePride
10/5/2009, 11:29 PM
Hey, I wasn't on this site last year, but if I was I would not have said anything except "we got beat by a better team." Yeah, there were a couple of weird decisions by the coaches (and they admit as much), but it was just Tebow's night and Fla's defense had game on us.

On Saturday, I felt very differently.

I was on this site in 2005 and, well, basically every other weekend this place looked like an old couch graveyard in Columbus, OH, on a Saturday night.

Mississippi Sooner
10/6/2009, 08:16 AM
we can still ruin texass' and osu's seasons!

Which is always sweet, no matter what.

badger
10/6/2009, 08:21 AM
Next year, maybe OU will just take cues from the almighty SEC on how to schedule a non-conference season - all home games versus Sisters of the Blind Technical A&M Institute and other Division 7 teams that don't even field 11 players.

:P

TexasLidig8r
10/6/2009, 08:47 AM

psst....

the sky is falling.

badger
10/6/2009, 08:59 AM
psst....

the sky is falling.

It's raining men. Hallelujah.

Jello Biafra
10/6/2009, 09:23 AM
It's raining men. Hallelujah.

you know lid is sitting on his toilet cussing you right now. that was his VERY next post.

badger
10/6/2009, 09:26 AM
you know lid is sitting on his toilet cussing you right now. that was his VERY next post.

I forgot to include the resident opposing fan in this... ah well.
http://i34.tinypic.com/ay4pk7.jpg

JohnnyMack
10/6/2009, 09:37 AM
I don't know you well, and I'm sure that you don't know me. You paint everyone with a large brush, lumping them into a category of people who have no life, just because they have an opinion on the Sooners that dissents from yours.

That's great. That's why we love our Sooners. Pardon me, however, if I prefer to see us beat good teams with regularity, and see some improvement with a team that's shown consistent issues. I don't ignore the good things about the Sooners, but I don't ignore the things that need improvement either. It's called perspective.

And how do you describe all the similar situations and losses, when none of those players had anything to do with the outcome of those games? None of those players was in the Boise State or WVU or TGOWWNDS games, were they? Yet the same issues continue to plague us. Are the players all to blame? If so, then who is recruiting and training those players?

All I'm saying is that the people who get paid to run the team should be held accountable for these consistent mistakes. If that makes me a "whiner"...so be it.

I guess I just don't take it as seriously as some of you people seem to. Oh I used to. It used to eat me up when we lost. Now, not so much. It's a game. I hope they win, but I don't come unglued if they don't. It doesn't have anything to do with my knowledge or understanding of the game, I just don't see the point in hyper-analyzing the actions of the coaches, the plays they called and the performance of the players. I just try and enjoy the moment. If that makes me a sunshine pumper in your eyes, that's cool. It's probably along the same lines as to why I don't enjoy fantasy football. It takes away from the concept of the game itself.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/6/2009, 09:48 AM
I guess I just don't take it as seriously as some of you people seem to. Oh I used to. It used to eat me up when we lost. Now, not so much. It's a game. I hope they win, but I don't come unglued if they don't. It doesn't have anything to do with my knowledge or understanding of the game, I just don't see the point in hyper-analyzing the actions of the coaches, the plays they called and the performance of the players. I just try and enjoy the moment. If that makes me a sunshine pumper in your eyes, that's cool. It's probably along the same lines as to why I don't enjoy fantasy football. It takes away from the concept of the game itself.

I see where your coming from and like I've stated before, I'm not really upset about losing football games.. Probably the reason I look at the way I do is because I get paid a little to watch the games and break them down..too me it's stricly fun though.. I've got a wife and 2 small kids to take care of.. I don't lose sleep over them losing

JohnnyMack
10/6/2009, 09:55 AM
I see where your coming from and like I've stated before, I'm not really upset about losing football games.. Probably the reason I look at the way I do is because I get paid a little to watch the games and break them down..too me it's stricly fun though.. I've got a wife and 2 small kids to take care of.. I don't lose sleep over them losing

If that's true, about the wife and kids, why do you keep sending me PMs requesting open mouth kisses?

soon3rfan
10/6/2009, 09:59 AM
I agree that most of the time the so called fans can be annoying, but the coaching staff has brought this criticism upon itself in the last couple of years. When is it OK to voice ones opinion?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/6/2009, 10:01 AM
If that's true, about the wife and kids, why do you keep sending me PMs requesting open mouth kisses?

Because mongo told me your tongue tastes of honey and mango

adoniijahsooner
10/6/2009, 10:02 AM

I literally only feel bad for about 2 minutes after the game, and then I start getting excited for the next game. Also, I realize no matter what I say or do, there is absolutely no way in hell I could change the outcome in a football game. I sometimes believe that the reason people write on these message boards with so much passion, is due to the fact they think Stoops or BV will read their words and see the truth.

TopDawg
10/6/2009, 10:08 AM
I agree that most of the time the so called fans can be annoying, but the coaching staff has brought this criticism upon itself in the last couple of years. When is it OK to voice ones opinion?

In my opinion, it's okay to complain about bowl game performance since that's been a pretty steady thing over the last few years.

But if someone's going to complain about a coordinator's general lack of production, it's probably best to wait more than 5 games after their team just won its 3rd straight Big XII title.

soon3rfan
10/6/2009, 10:11 AM
In my opinion, it's okay to complain about bowl game performance since that's been a pretty steady thing over the last few years.

But if someone's going to complain about a coordinator's general lack of production, it's probably best to wait more than 5 games after their team just won its 3rd straight Big XII title.

I won't hold my breath.