PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless comments...

SpiderInMyPeanuts
10/5/2009, 09:47 AM
Did anyone catch his comments regarding mark claytons drop
on 4th and 3 with time running out against the Pats.

He said. " what do you expect from another chokin dog from
Oklahoma"

JLEW1818
10/5/2009, 09:49 AM
yup

Gresho Murford
10/5/2009, 09:58 AM
wow

soonerhubs
10/5/2009, 10:02 AM
Skip Bayless is about as classy as a drunk, loud uncle at a Funeral, or in this case, a UM fan at Landshark stadium.

Lott's Bandana
10/5/2009, 10:09 AM
See, this is the problem with so-called Sports Journalism these days.

Bring back the days of objective reporting and non-biased broadcasting.
Whether it is OU bashing or any other team, there is no place for weasels that say things on a national cable network that they wouldn't say to another human or group of people to their face.

Return to professionalism? It isn't going to happen.

Bayless is simply a message-board sports geek that somehow has scammed the world into getting a paycheck for saying the crap I read on here all the time.

ouwapiti
10/5/2009, 10:12 AM
bayless is from oklahoma..went to nw classen..so that makes him a 'chokin dog' too

badger
10/5/2009, 10:15 AM
Myabe he's just a fan like us, venting his frustration.

To Mark Clayton's credit, he took the blame for the drop after the game and didn't try to shift blame to Flacco or anyone else. Wish he was still young enough to catch balls for us :(

GrapevineSooner
10/5/2009, 10:18 AM
It's too bad Troy Aikman didn't kick his *** when he was here in Dallas.

Mjcpr
10/5/2009, 10:20 AM
To Mark Clayton's credit, he took the blame for the drop after the game and didn't try to shift blame to Flacco or anyone else.

Why the hell would he? It hit him right between the 8 and 9.

batonrougesooner
10/5/2009, 10:21 AM
The thing with Bayless is that he holds himself out as an OU fan. However he seem to be the most vocal critic of OU. I'm kinda like that too but I don't have a public venue to share my frustrations.

SpiderInMyPeanuts
10/5/2009, 10:22 AM
How can a team (OU) be so good year in and year out and have so many bad things happen to them? Seriously, did any OU fans, real fans who have watched OU for years, think we were going to win that game against Miami in the 2nd half? You can almost script the way these OU games go anymore. I'm not screaming for anyone's job or anything I just think it is strange how OU either blows out a bad team or loses to a decent team. Can we win a game we are not supossed to win? Was there a time recently when we were down 14 in the 2nd half and came back and won? I can't recall too many in the last 5-6 years.

Again, I'm not angry just perplexed about this team.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/5/2009, 10:24 AM
couldn't have said it better myself Spider. I knew that when we didn't score going into the half and coming out of the half (even though we had the lead), we were done for.

picasso
10/5/2009, 10:27 AM
But don't mention the key grabs he had before that play.

Maybe Clayton was surprised they actually threw the ball to him.

SpiderInMyPeanuts
10/5/2009, 10:28 AM
maybe this run of bad luck, 2003-present, has made fans so unsure of this team. But then again, what have they done to prove us wrong. I just want to do something we aren't supossed to do--maybe Oct 17th.

badger
10/5/2009, 10:29 AM
Maybe Clayton was surprised they actually threw the ball to him.

It's true... eff the Ravens. Eff Flacco. Clayton needs to come back to OU where they threw him the ball a lot :D

BoulderSooner79
10/5/2009, 10:34 AM
The last time we won a back and forth, tight game was the RRS in '07. The '07 Mizzou game in Norman was tight until the 4th quarter (didn't they even have a lead?).

Mississippi Sooner
10/5/2009, 10:41 AM
How can a team (OU) be so good year in and year out and have so many bad things happen to them? Seriously, did any OU fans, real fans who have watched OU for years, think we were going to win that game against Miami in the 2nd half? You can almost script the way these OU games go anymore. I'm not screaming for anyone's job or anything I just think it is strange how OU either blows out a bad team or loses to a decent team. Can we win a game we are not supossed to win? Was there a time recently when we were down 14 in the 2nd half and came back and won? I can't recall too many in the last 5-6 years.

Again, I'm not angry just perplexed about this team.

I know what you mean. Going into this game, I was talking about how I felt this defense was good enough to make up for the holes we currently have on offense. However, once Miami took the lead, I felt like I'd entered a stage of deja vu. This isn't a team that scratches back from behind. I still try to stay hopeful in that situation, but I can't help but feel a sense of resignation when I see us go into that conservative mode where we are treading water. It doesn't have to be Billy Brooks or Keith Jackson on the end around type stuff, but just something to let everyone know that the Sooners are playing to win instead of just staying in the game.

jneworld
10/5/2009, 10:52 AM
Was there a time recently when we were down 14 in the 2nd half and came back and won? I can't recall too many in the last 5-6 years.

According to the Dallas Morning News today, the last time we came back from more than 3 down in the fourth quarter was nine years ago.

westbrooke
10/5/2009, 11:05 AM
According to the Dallas Morning News today, the last time we came back from more than 3 down in the fourth quarter was nine years ago.

That is shocking and sad. I try to remain hopeful in those situations and fully believe that we have Sooners on this team who can come through, but I admit that when Miami took the lead, I thought "Here we go again." Pattern recognition is a bitch.

Oh and Skip Bayless is a tool.

rainiersooner
10/5/2009, 11:23 AM
It kills me to watch the Houdini like escapades of Les Miles at LSU. And I don't think it's because he's a better coach.

CobraKai
10/5/2009, 11:25 AM
It kills me to watch the Houdini like escapades of Les Miles at LSU. And I don't think it's because he's a better coach.

Maybe not, but he's certainly a luckier coach.

westbrooke
10/5/2009, 11:32 AM
I certainly don't think Miles is a better coach, and I'm continually frustrated watching other teams fail to put LSU away when they have a chance and all of this translating into LSU = #4. But, you know what? Les believes his team will pull out wins like that, and most importantly, his players do too. We don't play with that same attitude anymore, not as a team anyway.

HolaKyle
10/5/2009, 11:35 AM
That's because LSU goes for the big plays at the end. Remember the unexpected pass at the end of one of the games they won last year. Time after time we see him do this, while we, within 5 minutes left in the game, lineup for a field goal.

OUmillenium
10/5/2009, 11:36 AM
I echo westbrooke.

Can't stand les but he plays to win...and does.

SoonerInSpringdale
10/5/2009, 11:38 AM
Myabe he's just a fan like us, venting his frustration.

This.

If you watched or listened to Skip at all you would know he is a HUGE Sooner homer and always talking up the Sooners. He probably is frustrated just like some of us.

stoopified
10/5/2009, 11:50 AM
Bayless has had an axe to grind with OU for years,which is odd considering his public claims to be an OU fan.I really thoughtthat his vendetta was purely against Switzer but he has attacked Bob on multiple occassions including a cuple weeks ago.What sets Bayless apart from most is he not only delivers negative comments but with venom .The only other so-called analyst I have seen do that to OU was Gottfried from INSIDE THE POLLS last year.He was VEHEMENT last year about it being wrong for OU to win the threeway-tiebreaker over UT(apparently TT was IRRELEVANT after being destryed by OU).Again like Skipper he made it personal ,apparently objectivity is not required in sports journalism .

Scott D
10/5/2009, 11:59 AM
This.

If you watched or listened to Skip at all you would know he is a HUGE Sooner homer and always talking up the Sooners. He probably is frustrated just like some of us.

This is the biggest load of crap that has ever come from Skip's mouth. I don't know why so many people fall for it regularly. The only thing Skip Bayless is a fan of, is Skip Bayless.

IronHorseSooner
10/5/2009, 12:05 PM
Gottfried just got tired of Barry lighting him up every year when he was at Kansas. He had never gotten over it. Skip is an OU fan, he just has a national forum to do it. Surprisingly enough, Cowherd grew up following OU as well, and he has publicly bashed them. Different people vent different ways.

Jdog
10/5/2009, 12:23 PM
Maybe Yippy Skippy was upset like most of us about Saturday nights game - and he just felt like venting.
Could have been that he had money on the LSU sugar bowl nat'l champ game were Clayton dropped the sure touchdown catch in the end zone.

or maybe he's just a pretenses a$$ who feels compelled to say crazy things to get attention.

Jdog
10/5/2009, 12:24 PM
Gottfried just got tired of Barry lighting him up every year when he was at Kansas. He had never gotten over it. Skip is an OU fan, he just has a national forum to do it. Surprisingly enough, Cowherd grew up following OU as well, and he has publicly bashed them. Different people vent different ways.

Thought Cowherd was an USC alum

SoonerInSpringdale
10/5/2009, 12:25 PM
This is the biggest load of crap that has ever come from Skip's mouth. I don't know why so many people fall for it regularly. The only thing Skip Bayless is a fan of, is Skip Bayless.

Proof?

silverwheels
10/5/2009, 12:33 PM
This shouldn't be surprising to anyone. And it's not just Bayless. ESPN loves to stir **** up just to get people to watch. That's the most important thing to them. They don't care if what they're saying makes sense or is the right thing to say as long as people are watching.

That network has fallen off a long way in the past decade or so.

Pigface1
10/5/2009, 12:36 PM

It's attitude. He could be down by 50 and still think he's in the game.

Bob Barry Jr was just saying he spent a while hanging out behind the bench at the game on Saturday in the 4th quarter. Game is on the line and players are just sitting there, hanging their heads, etc.

IronHorseSooner
10/5/2009, 12:41 PM
Thought Cowherd was an USC alum

He graduated from Eastern Washington, and spent a good bit of time out in PAC-10 country. But I remember him once saying that he follow OU when he was growing up.

rawlingsHOH
10/5/2009, 02:37 PM
He's an attention slut.

Johnny Utah
10/5/2009, 02:45 PM
Bayless has had an axe to grind with OU for years,which is odd considering his public claims to be an OU fan.I really thoughtthat his vendetta was purely against Switzer but he has attacked Bob on multiple occassions including a cuple weeks ago.What sets Bayless apart from most is he not only delivers negative comments but with venom .The only other so-called analyst I have seen do that to OU was Gottfried from INSIDE THE POLLS last year.He was VEHEMENT last year about it being wrong for OU to win the threeway-tiebreaker over UT(apparently TT was IRRELEVANT after being destryed by OU).Again like Skipper he made it personal ,apparently objectivity is not required in sports journalism .

A couple of weeks ago on that 1st & 10 show on ESPN2 Bayless admitted that he was an OU fan but "OU has let him down" too many times. Unfortunately he never offers constructive criticism (unlike us ;) ) and does deliver negative comments with venom. Maybe he lost a bunch of money betting on OU.

ocsooner
10/5/2009, 02:55 PM
Oh and Skip Bayless is a tool.

Toolshed

Jello Biafra
10/5/2009, 02:59 PM
his name is fuggin skip. what else do you need to know?

PDXsooner
10/5/2009, 04:01 PM
get as angry as you want -- Oklahoma has earned the name "chokelahoma" by losing in big games -- fair or not. until OU wins a title again it will continue to be used.

rawlingsHOH
10/5/2009, 04:19 PM
get as angry as you want -- Oklahoma has earned the name "chokelahoma" by losing in big games -- fair or not. until OU wins a title again it will continue to be used.
I thought it was "chokelahoma" for losing the little games... OSU in '01, A&M in '02, etc?

Breadburner
10/5/2009, 04:23 PM
We are 2 plays away from being undefeated.....

TopDawg
10/5/2009, 05:59 PM

In 2002 we trailed Alabama 27-23 in the 4th, but won. Still, that's 7 years ago.

We came back from more than 3 behind against Boise State and Texas Tech, but lost both of those games.

Curly Bill
10/5/2009, 06:28 PM
We are 2 plays away from being undefeated.....

...and yet the record says we are a .500 football team.

tommieharris91
10/5/2009, 08:45 PM

I recall we were down by 10 in the 4th in 2007 against Mizzou in Norman. Just about everyone was calling for Venables' head when Lofton got a turnover and scored.

TopDawg
10/5/2009, 08:49 PM
We were trailing 24-23 when the 4th quarter started. Lofton's fumble recovery actually came a few plays after Chris Brown gave us the lead on a 1 yard TD run. Lofton's TD made it 35-24 and we each tacked on another TD to get the 41-31 final (our PAT was blocked).

soonerinabilene
10/5/2009, 09:13 PM
I care more about the color of my fecal droppings than i do a single word that comes out of that faggots mouth.

tulsaoilerfan
10/5/2009, 09:17 PM
Bayless is an idiot and no one should care about his opinions

Bosley
10/5/2009, 11:17 PM
He grew up in OKC, and his brother (winner of the TV show, top chef this year) is an OU alumni. Most of his family still lives here, he's just an outlandish guy that says what's on his mind. Probably for the worst most times.

Dio
10/5/2009, 11:29 PM
Troy Aikman told me Skip likes dudes