PDA

View Full Version : Still Alive, Still Kicking, Still Sooners...

CincySooner
10/5/2009, 09:01 AM
... thread title says it all. :cool:

meoveryouxinfinity
10/5/2009, 09:06 AM
Let's play the what if game.

What if we go undefeated from now on? Blah blah blah, unlikey, etc... but WHAT IF we do? We will finish the year 12-2, matching our record from last year.

Let's look at this from another perspective. Let's say we finish 3rd in the Big XII, losing to Texas and a North team, KU or NU. Say we wind up at the Holiday Bowl. Our "worst" season since 2000 included a W vs Oregon at the Holiday Bowl. Oklahoma State's second best season (best record-wise) included a L vs Oregon at the Holiday Bowl.

BOOMER!

TheHumanAlphabet
10/5/2009, 09:06 AM
sunshine pumper...

JLEW1818
10/5/2009, 09:17 AM
@ Tech won't be easy

has any player on the team won at tech?

DakotaSooner
10/5/2009, 09:21 AM
we play undiciplined like we have the rest of the year, and we will lose three more games if not four. NU, UT, and obviously the bowl game.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/5/2009, 09:51 AM
sunshine pumper...

I won't deny it. I'm not ready to accept complete failure for the season. If there is any possible way we could upset Texas, I think Nebraska and Kansas and Texas Tech will look a lot easier.

If we lose to Texas, but show enough talent and have the ability to keep it close, we will fighting for our future as a football program vs KU, Neb, and TT. If we drop all those games (I don't think we lose ANY home games, OSU included), we finish the regular season 6-6. That would be unthinkable and very detrimental to the continued success of the program. At the very least we need to go 2-2 in those games (KU, NU, TT, Texas) and win all of our home games, putting us at the 8-4 mark. Of course, 9-3 would be remarkable and 10-2 is just about as unperceivable as 6-6.

I choose to believe that we will win out.
Hataz.

soonermix
10/5/2009, 10:00 AM
for the rest of the season we only have to worry about games not played in Norman.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/5/2009, 10:14 AM
for the rest of the season we only have to worry about games not played in Norman.

Do you think there are any remaining games that we have NO chance in?

I think we need to continue to rely on the run game BUT ALSO let Landry air it out every once in a while. We need to running game to get into a rhythm. That's why we lost the Miami game, because we didn't get into a rhythm. We used the air on the first possession, the ground on the second, and never really cemented either. We need to be creative with the run game as well. IE, the end around. But that means using it maybe ONCE per game, not twice in the same series. :rolleyes:

Soonersince57
10/5/2009, 11:02 AM
We have Texas right where we want them. :D

westbrooke
10/5/2009, 11:11 AM
we play undiciplined like we have the rest of the year, and we will lose three more games if not four. NU, UT, and obviously the bowl game.

Hataz.

This is the thing. The team that showed up to play Miami loses more games this year. But with improved offensive line play, we can still be a scary team. It will probably play out somewhere in between. I believe the line will get better. I mean... we have to, right?

TheHumanAlphabet
10/5/2009, 12:13 PM

Me to, however, I am not so confident in our coaches ability to make that happen. I am more resigned to a 4 loss season that many thought couldn't happen.

Sooner in Tampa
10/5/2009, 12:17 PM
I am confident that we can win every game on our schedule. Will we? I hope so, I think so, but I won't be putting any money on it.

kustang619
10/5/2009, 02:23 PM
I am confident that we can win every game on our schedule. Will we? I hope so, I think so, but I won't be putting any money on it.

+ 1

ouwapiti
10/5/2009, 02:47 PM
old football axiom,,,,,'offensive line play doesnt just all of a sudden get better'

oksoonerdave
10/5/2009, 03:20 PM
The coaches will be giving a lot more fatherly advice to the O and D line this week. The blown coverages of the D will be addressed. The O line will put more hard dedication to their practices. The world will still go around.

The thing I'm kinda worried about is if the team will be looking forward two weeks instead making sure of Baylor.

bonkuba
10/5/2009, 03:22 PM

Sorry, had to laugh at the bowl comment.........or I guess I coud cry :D :D Damn if it ain't the truth.......but let someone talk against my Sooners and I will come to the defense in an instant. I am not a fair weather fan.....I am a Sooner.:)

OKC Sooner
10/5/2009, 04:38 PM
old football axiom,,,,,'offensive line play doesnt just all of a sudden get better'

old football axiom #2.... There are three rules that, if followed religiously, guarantee a football win. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are. :D