PDA

View Full Version : Thanks For Coming Back Sam and Jermaine

soonercody
10/4/2009, 11:47 PM
I thought you knew something about this new line that I didn't. And maybe you did before eligibility and the injury bug hit them.

Either way I'll root for you next year on Sundays too. Hopefully with Gerald McCoy.

btk108
10/5/2009, 12:10 AM
now THERE"S a thread to get behind...

starclassic tama
10/5/2009, 12:25 AM
maybe sam comes back for his senior year

yeah no way, but i can dream right

The_Red_Patriot
10/5/2009, 07:12 AM

Yea.........and Zildjian cymbals are better than Paiste

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/5/2009, 07:51 AM
It is as the old adage.

"No good deed ever goes unpunished!"

To the guys,

Thanks for trying.

ouduckhunter
10/5/2009, 10:39 AM
[QUOTE=S.PadreIsl.Sooner;2725923]It is as the old adage.

"No good deed ever goes unpunished!"

Unfortunately, I have to agree with that!

Love you guys!! Thanks for all that you have done for OU! Best of luck in the pros! You're both going to be super stars, and this Sooner will cheer for you forever!

westbrooke
10/5/2009, 11:17 AM
Good thread. Deepest appreciation to all of the future NFL stars who came back to give us another run!

SONofa47straitSOONER
10/5/2009, 11:38 AM
Ditto.

Probably would be best for Sam personally and the future of the team if he doesn't play another down for the Sooners. This way he for sure stays healthy for the NFL, and the Sooners get some experience at the QB position for next year.

Thanks again to Sam, Jermaine, Gerald and Trent for being so magnanimous. You all are true role models. Your decisions to come back for another shot at the title is admirable and truly appreciated by more people than you'll ever know, and will leave a positive lasting impression on young folks across the state.

MyT Oklahoma
10/5/2009, 01:19 PM
Ditto.

Probably would be best for Sam personally and the future of the team if he doesn't play another down for the Sooners. This way he for sure stays healthy for the NFL, and the Sooners get some experience at the QB position for next year.

Thanks again to Sam, Jermaine, Gerald and Trent for being so magnanimous. You all are true role models. Your decisions to come back for another shot at the title is admirable and truly appreciated by more people than you'll ever know, and will leave a positive lasting impression on young folks across the state.

Glad you all chose to be Sooners.

kustang619
10/5/2009, 01:32 PM
Living in St. Louis at least I have a chance to see him on a regular basis next year. The good thing about it is that Sam will be use to a bad offensive line after experiencing this season.

Blues1
10/5/2009, 01:36 PM
Hate to say it, But I guess the lesson here is ~~~ *Take the Money and Run*....But I do respect their Loyality to College and OU --- Keep Rockin Sam and all the guys...!

Rogue
10/5/2009, 04:44 PM
Hate to say it, But I guess the lesson here is ~~~ *Take the Money and Run*....

Yeah, I think it is. And the lesson for us as fans is that we should support whatever decision a kid, and his family if he's lucky enough to have a supportive one, decides is best for him at the time.

It would be easy to criticize a kid leaving "early," brand him as "disloyal" or something. But the truth is that if they are good enough to go pro, sometimes the sooner the better for them. If a kid in journalism school, or any school at OU for that matter, gets a chance to make millions by foregoing a year or two at OU, who are we to say they shouldn't? The only deal they get is the scholly and books, etc. If they get hurt, that's it sometimes.

KingWKB
10/5/2009, 05:29 PM
Is anyone else with me on this that I think Sam should sit the rest of the year? Hear me out. I love Sam I think he is the best quarterback OU has ever had and he gives us the best chance to win. BUT...
1.) If he comes back he fears re-injury which will most definitely require surgery next time, and it is never a good idea to go under the knife before the draft.
2.) With Broyles out a month or so, we have no more playmakers. If Sam can throw for 300 yards with the recievers we have now I think he should win the Heisman. It will be extremely tough on him to produce big numbers IMO.
3.) He isn't going to hurt his draft stock by sitting and building the shoulder back to full strength for the combine. If he performs well there and at Pro days he will be right back in the discussion as the top player in the draft next year, but if he comes back I fear, with a poor supporting cast around him his draft projection will go down.

Just my opinion, I think he should sit.

sooner94
10/5/2009, 06:07 PM
Good post. I'm pretty excited about having a top-notch prospect at QB represting OU in the NFL. Great kid who loves OU. Thanks to McCoy and Gresham as well.

I have officially given up on the Cowboys organization. Signing Roy Williams for huge money as the playmaking WR was the last straw. He is not a playmaker and its yet another swing (and miss) for the fences by Jerry, who should let someone who knows football run the team. And pricing the avg football fan out of being able to take their families to the game- not a fan of that either. I love it when Keith Olberman calls them the Arlington Cowboys.

Any ways, wherever Sammy goes is my new team, with the Vikings my 2nd fave team.

sooner94
10/5/2009, 06:09 PM
Is anyone else with me on this that I think Sam should sit the rest of the year? Hear me out. I love Sam I think he is the best quarterback OU has ever had and he gives us the best chance to win. BUT...
1.) If he comes back he fears re-injury which will most definitely require surgery next time, and it is never a good idea to go under the knife before the draft.
2.) With Broyles out a month or so, we have no more playmakers. If Sam can throw for 300 yards with the recievers we have now I think he should win the Heisman. It will be extremely tough on him to produce big numbers IMO.
3.) He isn't going to hurt his draft stock by sitting and building the shoulder back to full strength for the combine. If he performs well there and at Pro days he will be right back in the discussion as the top player in the draft next year, but if he comes back I fear, with a poor supporting cast around him his draft projection will go down.

Just my opinion, I think he should sit.

I agree. With our O-line, further injury is a definite possibility.

OUAlumni1990
10/5/2009, 06:55 PM
It works out this way better anyway--did we really want him to go to Detroit??

I want him to be rich AND be able to walk when he is 50.

I Am Right
10/5/2009, 06:59 PM

Stoops announced last week that Jermaine was declaring

stoopified
10/5/2009, 07:24 PM
I would also hasten to add thaks to Trent and Gerald who also could have left early.However while much of this thread has the tone of a eulogy,I would ask these leaders to continue to lead and exhort their teammates to continue to work hard and to compete.This season ain't dead yet.

sooner94
10/5/2009, 07:35 PM
Here are the worst teams in the NFL right now based on record. I know its early, but these teams don't look like they will turn it around:

Buffalo- They would definitely take Sam if they had the #1 pick. I could become a Buffalo fan, although I wouldn't want Sam to go to a cold weather team. That would stifle the passing game.

Miami- Pennington is ok, but I think they would take Sam. Parcells would be a good mentor and I could be a Dolphin fan.

Cleveland- Too much $$ tied up in Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn. Won't take Sam. Although I could be a Cleveland fan.

Tenn- Collins is overy the hill, and they have given up on VY. The would take Sam if in the position. Would like to see Sam go to the Titans. I like Fisher as a coach (even though he is a USC guy).

Oak- Please, no!!!! Don't think there is much chance anyway. They have to give Russell another 2 years.

KC- Too much $$ on Cassell. Don't think they take Sam.

Det- No chance they take him.

Carolina- They would take Sam. Would like to see him go to Carolina.

TB- They would take Sam. Would like to see him in TB.

Rams- They would take Sam. I can become a Rams fan.

Buffalo is the only real risk I see. The other alternatives look good.