PDA

View Full Version : Ease up, you guys.

Tear Down This Wall
10/4/2009, 10:40 PM
Here's the problem with being an OU fan - unrealistic expectations when the reality is bad.

First, we lose Jermaine Gresham before the season.
Second, we lose Sam Bradford in the first half of the first game
Third, we have three new starting receivers in 2009, one of whom breaks his shoulder in Game Four.
Fourth, we have four new starting linemen in 2009.

All of this, and we've lost two game to Top 20 teams by a grand total of two points. Yes, with eight brand new starters on offense, we're that close to the best schools in the country.

And, some of you want to bitch about the results?

Get a life.

We've been dealt a string of bad luck injury-wise at the exact same time we were going to be breaking in alot of new players anyway. It is what it is.

Fortunately, Bob Stoops says he won't accept excuses. And, I believe he and his coaching staff are still coaching as aggressively as if Sam or Jermaine were still in there.

If these eight new guys are playing this close to Top 20 teams in their first go around...that bodes well for the future, in my mind.

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 10:42 PM
How much does a life cost?

Does Joe Castiglione present you that and give you a plaque in the South EZ?

Easting
10/4/2009, 10:44 PM
Good post. I am looking forward to the rest of the season.

Curly Bill
10/4/2009, 10:44 PM
Can you buy one of these "lifes" at teh Wal Marts?

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 10:45 PM
Does a Life come with a Ray Gun?

Curly Bill
10/4/2009, 10:46 PM
I always buy the Cinnamon Life -- it's almost as good as the Cap n Crunch.

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 10:47 PM
^yum.

tulsaoilerfan
10/4/2009, 10:47 PM
Even with the injuries this team should be 4-0; using them as a crutch makes us sound like Texas fans

SOONER44EVER
10/4/2009, 10:48 PM
I always buy the Cinnamon Life -- it's almost as good as the Cap n Crunch.

Is that the one Mikey likes? Or is it regular life?:D

Curly Bill
10/4/2009, 10:49 PM
Is that the one Mikey likes? Or is it regular life?:D

I don't know...

...but our defense hasn't been the same since he left. ;)

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 10:49 PM
Even with the injuries this team should be 4-0; using them as a crutch makes us sound like Texas fans

That's if they were to only lose pony-boy right before losing to us in the RRSO.

Our team is really banged up. Lots of huge injuries.

soonercody
10/4/2009, 11:41 PM
Perspective.

rawlingsHOH
10/4/2009, 11:50 PM
Injuries are part of the game.

Not recognizing a slew of injuries will generally lead to suffering performance, is irrational.

Sooner04
10/4/2009, 11:55 PM
If these eight new guys are playing this close to Top 20 teams in their first go around...that bodes well for the future, in my mind.
Good post. I think the "how" in our two losses eats at people most of all. That slow, sinking feeling of doom that envelops us in the second half knowing that it's slipping away. The boneheaded plays. The curious calls. It's just very frustrating.

The lack of accountability also frustrates me. You've got the same players getting burned on defense time and time again, yet their position seems to not be threatened. The same linemen are penalized again and again, yet they trot out there at the start of every new possession. Is that complacency? Favoritism?

Have airballs in recruiting made us thin at certain spots?