10/4/2009, 04:23 PM
We should be #1

IronSoonerMan
10/4/2009, 04:24 PM
We should be #1

Ha Ha Ha. NICE!!!!:D

josh09
10/4/2009, 04:27 PM
I'm just glad we didnt drop out of the Top 25. Thats a terrible feeling.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/4/2009, 04:30 PM
We should enjoy it while it lasts. If we are 3-3 after the Tejano game, which I think we can agree is a strong possibility, we'll be getting a break from the Top 25.

TXBOOMER
10/4/2009, 04:42 PM
We should be #1

Boomer Sooner! :D

TXBOOMER
10/4/2009, 04:44 PM
We should enjoy it while it lasts. If we are 3-3 after the Tejano game, which I think we can agree is a strong possibility, we'll be getting a break from the Top 25.

Why would we fall out of the top 25? We will have wins over Tator State, Tulsa and Baylor.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/4/2009, 04:47 PM
Why would we fall out of the top 25? We will have wins over Tator State, Tulsa and Baylor.

Don't count your bears before they come out of hybearnation.

OU-HSV
10/4/2009, 04:50 PM
To be honest, we're lucky to be this high.
There are teams below us who I have trouble imagining us being able to beat...all things considered.

TXBOOMER
10/4/2009, 05:12 PM
Don't count your bears before they come out of hybearnation.

I'm expecting Sam Back and their QB is out. Otherwise, it would be a toss up.

colinreturn
10/4/2009, 05:15 PM
There are teams below us who I have trouble imagining us being able to beat...all things considered.

but 2 more points and we are the best team in the nation?

soonervegas
10/4/2009, 05:30 PM
4 more.....:)

TXBOOMER
10/4/2009, 05:42 PM

2 more and we are 2 - 0 - 2.

Although UThug could have easily scored at the end of the game. They ran the clock out on Our end.

OU-HSV
10/4/2009, 06:35 PM

Not in my opinion.
Not sure if you're guessing that I would say that or what

Okla-homey
10/4/2009, 06:36 PM
Precisely half (6) the SEC and Big XII teams are now in the Top 25. Two PAC-10 teams in.

tulsaoilerfan
10/4/2009, 06:38 PM
We are over rated, still

Okie35
10/4/2009, 06:40 PM
We are over rated, still

So are all the other teams ahead of us.

Okla-homey
10/4/2009, 06:45 PM

I wish Lester Miles would lose his mojo for snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.

Okla-homey
10/4/2009, 06:46 PM

maybe, just maybe, Tulsa can bust Boise's bubble here next weekend. It could happen, UTEP creamed the "darling dejour" Houston on Saturday.

bearfan08
10/5/2009, 10:49 AM
I'm expecting Sam Back and their QB is out. Otherwise, it would be a toss up.

you believe that more than most Baylor fans would have.

cheezyq
10/5/2009, 11:19 AM

I disagree and agree. Considering that both losses were away from Norman, both by 1 point, and with all the injuries...it seems most voters are taking those into consideration, which makes sense for keeping us in the top 25. However I now agree that we will struggle against some of the lesser teams.

budbarrybob
10/5/2009, 11:58 AM

Just a technicality really. I haven't seen anything in the tightly contested games that would indicate we would even warrant being in the top 5 provided we won BYU and UM by 1 point.

westbrooke
10/5/2009, 12:09 PM
I disagree and agree. Considering that both losses were away from Norman, both by 1 point, and with all the injuries...it seems most voters are taking those into consideration, which makes sense for keeping us in the top 25. However I now agree that we will struggle against some of the lesser teams.

Agreed. I think voters have seen more from us in our two losses with significant injuries than they've seen from other teams up and down the poll and have pegged us about right. We'll be punished if we lose to UT, obviously, and may drop out, but I think performance on the level we've seen from this team will have us climb back to about the same spot. Let's just hope we can improve on the "performance on the level we've seen from this team." I believe we can.

IronHorseSooner
10/5/2009, 12:20 PM
Right now, the goals of this team would be to win the Big XII, break the bowl curse, finish in the top 10, and build a strong foundation for 2010. If I have to pull for another team to win it, it would be USF. I like Coach Leavitt. He's an FOB (friend of Bob), and Coach Stoops lobbied for him to get that job. They are also a program basically started by Lee Roy Selmon. I have always viewed them like OU's little brother, and they are the local team down here.

RedstickSooner
10/5/2009, 12:42 PM

Not me. I imagine us beating all kinds of teams. Usually, Gresham is totally healthy and Sam throws him, like, 20 touchdowns.

Sooner in Tampa
10/5/2009, 12:47 PM
Right now, the goals of this team would be to win the Big XII, break the bowl curse, finish in the top 10, and build a strong foundation for 2010. If I have to pull for another team to win it, it would be USF. I like Coach Leavitt. He's an FOB (friend of Bob), and Coach Stoops lobbied for him to get that job. They are also a program basically started by Lee Roy Selmon. I have always viewed them like OU's little brother, and they are the local team down here.
I agree with all of this!

As for USF...if they keep with trradition they are now ranked, so they will lose to Cinci this weekend. I hope not, but they seem to fall on their sword after getting ranked the last 3-4 yrs.

IronHorseSooner
10/5/2009, 01:13 PM
I might actually go to that USF-Cincy game. Heck, with the way the Bucs are playing, the Bulls might actually give them a run for their money. BTW, the Bulls also play scUM this year, I think on the last game.