PDA

View Full Version : Despite the loss I feel okay about the team

ndpruitt03
10/4/2009, 02:28 PM
We won't win a national title and will have a tough time beating a team like Texas but we can win every other game if we play well, we could easily lose 3 or 4 more if we don't play well.

Fact is our coaching staff isn't at the level to win games like these or neutral site games till they prove they can again. And I don't even think a bowl win will convince of that this year either because Bowl games don't really matter.

OUmillenium
10/4/2009, 02:29 PM
Me too...click...BANG!

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 02:43 PM
Guess everybody has to blame someone or something.

Denver_Sooner
10/4/2009, 02:49 PM
If we have a 5 loss season and an invitation to the blahblah.com bowl, this may be the heat that Stoops needs to go back to his roots.

For the first time since 1999 when he got the job, he will have his back against the wall and have something to prove. Sometimes a man has to get beaten down and have a hard fall before change can take place in his career.

Stoops might not have hit bottom yet. But, when he does, he'll be back to the Bob we new in 2000.

I think we need at least a loss to Texas and Okie St. this year before real change takes place. A loss to Texas and Okie St. would cause Stoops to take drastic action.

Big D Sooner
10/4/2009, 02:55 PM
What about 2005? Did he not have his "back against the wall" then.

okcusooner
10/4/2009, 03:14 PM
If we have a 5 loss season and an invitation to the blahblah.com bowl, this may be the heat that Stoops needs to go back to his roots.

For the first time since 1999 when he got the job, he will have his back against the wall and have something to prove. Sometimes a man has to get beaten down and have a hard fall before change can take place in his career.

Stoops might not have hit bottom yet. But, when he does, he'll be back to the Bob we new in 2000.

I think we need at least a loss to Texas and Okie St. this year before real change takes place. A loss to Texas and Okie St. would cause Stoops to take drastic action.

You are on point. The only thing I wonder about is whether anything can make him return to the mindset of 1999 and 2000. I say that because 4 million a year might tend to irretrievably take away some of the fire and hunger. But I hope I am wrong on that score.

ndpruitt03
10/4/2009, 03:21 PM
I still don't understand why he continues to get raises every year. I think he needs to actually accomplish more to get raises.

MyT Oklahoma
10/4/2009, 05:09 PM

Yep I do remember the King responding after three four loss seasons. Barry's 1984, 1985, 1986 and 1987 teams were a joy to watch.

mehip
10/4/2009, 05:43 PM
So do I. I am disappointed in some of the O play calling and the same softness in the middle of the zone. But I didn't see any 'quit' out there on the field like we have in the past.

And, it looks like Coach is starting to get a little more involved in getting after the players when there are mistakes.

I think it was Mark May or Trev Albert that made a comment years ago before the RRS about how this team feeds of the Head Coach's energy more than anything else. I'd love to see the intensity start to get ratcheted up more and more each week.

Okie35
10/4/2009, 06:38 PM
We won't lose another game(i wish). To be honest I think I like this because now we don't act like we are invincible and know that ppl will be looking down on us. We play at our best when we are doubted. Well now we have it. On a more positive note last time we were ranked this low we won our bowl game.

rawlingsHOH
10/4/2009, 06:55 PM
We won't win a national title and will have a tough time beating a team like Texas but we can win every other game if we play well, we could easily lose 3 or 4 more if we don't play well.

Fact is our coaching staff isn't at the level to win games like these or neutral site games till they prove they can again. And I don't even think a bowl win will convince of that this year either because Bowl games don't really matter.
We can play with Texas, neither team is at their 2005 level. It will be competitive, imo.

Jdog
10/4/2009, 07:04 PM
Guess everybody has to blame someone or something.

Yep we thought he he once had his back against the wall but he had Bomar's stupidity to fall back on. Handled it will and all that.

Stoops is tired of coaching - I think i heard him say last year that he wants to be a high school basketball coach. Sure he's done well and has some great stories. He's won 6 conference Championships. There is no heat.

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 07:49 PM
Yep we thought he he once had his back against the wall but he had Bomar's stupidity to fall back on. Handled it will and all that.

Stoops is tired of coaching - I think i heard him say last year that he wants to be a high school basketball coach. Sure he's done well and has some great stories. He's won 6 conference Championships. There is no heat.

You make a good point....

It might be one The Monster might not want to hear either....

How old are Bob's Children? Once they are a certain age...would you think that he might take a leave from Football? I don't think he's the type of guy to bail on all of his very loyal Coaches...but I could see him stepping away for 3-4 years and then looking for another Coaching Job where he could give things a try...maybe a Defensive Coordinator in the NFL. Who knows really. It's got to be tiresome to him to keep getting asked the same stupid questions by the Local Media year in and year out. He doesn't seem to have much love for very many Sports Reporters.

I can see him in a Coors Light Commercial berating the press. :D