PDA

View Full Version : Premonition

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 02:20 PM
We talked all week about whether or not Sam would be back. Right up until game time I still hoped I'd see him at least suit up.

Once I actually saw him in street clothes on the sidelines...I suddenly got the feeling last night's game might be a close one. I was right.

It really sucks losing to Miami but I'm also glad we didn't use bad judgment and see Bob push Sam into playing before he was ready. What ever the reason...Drs. Orders, Insurance Risk or just Sam saying he wasn't ready...I'm just glad we didn't hear what so many where spewing earlier in the week that he was going to have surgery.

I guess this week we will see even more speculation on Sam's Return. I hope he sits this one out unless they are just wanting to knock the rust off and prepare for the whorn game.

If he's not back then...I wish our Team all the luck going up against a team that surely feels the RRSO is already in the books. I'll still be rooting for whoever is at the helm of OUr Team come time for the clash of Crimson and Cream against poop orange.

GO SOONERS!

SOONER44EVER
10/4/2009, 02:30 PM
I really don't think Sam coming back will make a huge difference. If the line can't block, the receivers can't catch and the OC continues with the goofy playcalling the offense isn't going change much no matter who the QB is.

olevetonahill
10/4/2009, 02:31 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BX2aSG8RqEU/Sq8XJiiP-dI/AAAAAAAACvg/7XzfIPqsxvY/s400/Reagan+-+What+He+Said.jpg

ST that is

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 02:33 PM
Guess we'll see.

I know a number of folks are nihilists as far as OUr Season goes...but I for one would like to see Sam back behind center again when he's ready. I'd like to see Landry get some snaps too. Sam is a Sooner and it looked like it was killing him to sit on the sidelines last night.

nmsoonergirl
10/4/2009, 02:35 PM
I really don't think Sam coming back will make a huge difference. If the line can't block, the receivers can't catch and the OC continues with the goofy playcalling the offense isn't going change much no matter who the QB is.

THIS.

BoulderSooner79
10/4/2009, 03:38 PM
The interview with Sam by the sideline reporter was interesting. She said that when asked about protecting his NFL future, Sam responded "that all factors have to be considered". He didn't give the standard response about "the game is always risky and I want to play ASAP to help my team, yada-yada..". The reporter was summarizing what was said, so she may not have conveyed what Sam meant, but it was interesting.

okienator
10/4/2009, 04:03 PM
I wish sam would just say no way im playing with this line. Hes got an nfl career ahead of him. He wont get there with this line.

AlbqSooner
10/4/2009, 04:07 PM
Ummmm, I kinda think Sam WILL get to the NFL.

soonervegas
10/4/2009, 04:09 PM
As depleted as this offense is right now I cannot see him doing anything but hurting his draft stock by playing.

Tough decisions ahead for everyone involved...

BoulderSooner79
10/4/2009, 04:12 PM
It will help OU this year to have Sam playing - but it probably helps OU more next year by having Landry back there.

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 06:08 PM
It will help OU this year to have Sam playing - but it probably helps OU more next year by having Landry back there.

No doubt that we are now blessed to have a guy with snaps if the inevitable Sam leaving for the NFL does indeed happen.

btk108
10/5/2009, 12:16 AM
We talked all week about whether or not Sam would be back. Right up until game time I still hoped I'd see him at least suit up.

Once I actually saw him in street clothes on the sidelines...I suddenly got the feeling last night's game might be a close one. I was right.

It really sucks losing to Miami but I'm also glad we didn't use bad judgment and see Bob push Sam into playing before he was ready. What ever the reason...Drs. Orders, Insurance Risk or just Sam saying he wasn't ready...I'm just glad we didn't hear what so many where spewing earlier in the week that he was going to have surgery.

I guess this week we will see even more speculation on Sam's Return. I hope he sits this one out unless they are just wanting to knock the rust off and prepare for the whorn game.

If he's not back then...I wish our Team all the luck going up against a team that surely feels the RRSO is already in the books. I'll still be rooting for whoever is at the helm of OUr Team come time for the clash of Crimson and Cream against poop orange.

GO SOONERS!

There ya go :D