PDA

View Full Version : I miss having a QB who can scramble

MamaMia
10/4/2009, 01:15 PM
and keep 'em guessing.

Johnny Utah
10/4/2009, 01:50 PM
I think Jones has some scrambling ability ... it just needs to be written into the playbook and not be a result of OL breakdowns.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=2699454

ashley
10/4/2009, 01:53 PM
I think Jones has some scrambling ability ... it just needs to be written into the playbook and not be a result of OL breakdowns.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=2699454

I miss Sam more.

IronHorseSooner
10/4/2009, 01:59 PM
JU is right (BTW, watch Point Break last night, put me in a better mood). Landry was recruited to be a mobile, big-armed, gun slinger. They need to let him do that more. It reminds me of a quote off the move "The Express", where Coach Schwartzwalter said of Ernie Davis "if you have a thoroughbred, you don't keep him locked in the barn." That means, play to your players' strengths, and put them in positions to win. The connection of Landry to Kenney was working, but why didn't they go to it more? Even the announcers were speaking about it.

Petro-Sooner
10/4/2009, 02:01 PM
and keep 'em guessing.

Agree 100%

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 02:04 PM
Yeah it was really cool watching a good one run himself right into a knee brace.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/12/08/gallery.heismanbusts/white.jpg

Big D Sooner
10/4/2009, 02:07 PM
I think you guys need to remember that Landry is still a RS Freshman. He will get more comfortable and he will get better. As that happens you will probably see him move around more in the pocket and make more ad lib type plays.

UteSooner
10/4/2009, 02:50 PM
Who is it that is missed? You can't mean Bomar...

SoonerDood
10/4/2009, 03:05 PM
Who is it that is missed? You can't mean Bomar...

Somebody misses $hithead? 10 TDs, 10 INTS, and how many fumbles returned for TDs? Maybe we should try Rawls at QB?

MamaMia
10/4/2009, 03:35 PM
Who is it that is missed? You can't mean Bomar... Jamelle Holieway and Charles Thompson could scramble and run. Thats who. Jack Mildren was more of a runner but he could scramble as well. He was a very accurate passer too. We didn't throw much back then. The teams we played would have 8 or 9 people at the line of scrimmage and just ignore the possibility of a pass, so when we did pass we would gain a lot of yardage.

AlbqSooner
10/4/2009, 03:43 PM
Landry ran well in high school. I suspect that the reason the playbook doesn't call for that at present is the fact that Landy is a TEMPORARY starter. That and the fact that the line presently can't seem to understand the technique for blocking on a designed running play.

rawlingsHOH
10/4/2009, 06:25 PM
Yes, bring back Bomar! LOL Brilliant!

Curly Bill
10/4/2009, 07:10 PM
I miss having an offensive coordinator that didn't come from the Big 10.

Johnny Utah
10/5/2009, 04:12 PM
JU is right (BTW, watch Point Break last night, put me in a better mood). Landry was recruited to be a mobile, big-armed, gun slinger. They need to let him do that more. It reminds me of a quote off the move "The Express", where Coach Schwartzwalter said of Ernie Davis "if you have a thoroughbred, you don't keep him locked in the barn." That means, play to your players' strengths, and put them in positions to win. The connection of Landry to Kenney was working, but why didn't they go to it more? Even the announcers were speaking about it.

Thanks ... and since you've shared your good taste in movies, I'll share some confidential info regarding what Johnny Utah is up to these days. He's on an observe and report assignment regarding 2 individuals that have infiltrated the OU Sooners football coaching staff by befriending the Head Coach. They are now in the positions of Offensive Coordinator and Defensive Coordinator, respectively. Their covers have allegedly been blown by a grass roots movement among the Sooner faithful, and word is that a posse has been formed to take matters into its own hands. Stay tuned.

I Am Right
10/5/2009, 04:23 PM
I miss an OL.

Gresho Murford
10/5/2009, 04:32 PM
I think Landry will show us he can scramble. Hell we have already run an option with him this year