PDA

View Full Version : StoopTroup & Soonerus resistance is futile; we have been overrun!!!

adoniijahsooner
10/4/2009, 12:53 PM
The inmates have taken over the asylum, and soonerfans have been reduced to a bunch of people creating endless threads about who should be fired and how the team sucks. it doesnt matter what you say, nor does it make a difference if you point out that we loss 2 games by 1 point to rank teams, because they have the scent of blood in their nostrils, the smell is intoxicating, and their appetite is insatiable.

Watch them as they eat and gnaw on our young men; who although they were down 21-10 fought back to give themselves a chance to win; Look at the way they ignore the injuries to Tom Wort, Jermaine Gresham, Sam Bradford, and Ryan Broyles; and finally marvel at how they ignore the Miami and BYU programs proud history and determination to make plays as well.

I fear for all soonerfans who must read the ignorant babble that is so void of life and hope. These guys probably curse at a beautiful sunrise and rejoice on a stormy day, so it will do you no good ST and Rus to try and reason with them. Wave the crimson flag and despair for we are doomed.

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 12:59 PM
It would seem so....however....

I still stand by Stoops. Anyone who doesn't can suck the testicle of the nearest Adonis.

http://www.danavenell.com/ODDBALLSAYScanvas.jpg

MyT Oklahoma
10/4/2009, 12:59 PM
No one is dumping on our players. The coaches are a different story though but the coaches are adults and very well paid for their successes and their failures.

It would appear at soonerfans.com anyone who doesn't march to the beat of the "all is well" drummers are somehow unfaithful to the program. In your opinion maybe although I would bet that some of those "inmates" you refer to have been Soooner fans a lot longer than you have.

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 01:01 PM
No one is dumping on our players. The coaches are a different story though but the coaches are adults and very well paid for their successes and their failures.

It would appear at soonerfans.com anyone who doesn't march to the beat of the "all is well" drummers are somehow unfaithful to the program. In your opinion maybe although I would bet that some of those "inmates" you refer to have been Soooner fans a lot longer than you have.

I'm guessing by anyone you mean the ten or so of us who haven't lost all faith in humanity?

And I'm 50 BTW...so if they have been SoonerFans longer than me and are completely over the edge on our Coaches...their probably off their meds is all.

tulsaoilerfan
10/4/2009, 01:01 PM
Hey if people want to think that .500 football on the road or at neutral sites against ranked teams is OU football then more power to them

Collier11
10/4/2009, 01:02 PM
Was Stoops and clan outcoached, yes. Has he been outcoached several times recently, yes. Is he still a great coach, yes. Everyone calm down

adoniijahsooner
10/4/2009, 01:03 PM
Here's a couple of quotes from hornfans.com about this board.....

I was just sufing soonerfans.com and noticed how hard the fans are on their team. They are complaining about the offense; think about that. They've lost their Heisman Trophy winning quarterback, an incredible tight-end in Gresham and their best wide receiver and they are pissed about the offense. One guy said it was pathetic that a program such as they have didn't recruit better as if they should have bench players as good as their top three players (two of whom are possibly the best theyve ever had at their respective positions).

I hope we aren't that psychotic....

Soonerfans is hilarious. They also like to eat their own when things go bad and everything starts to implode. I read it for laughs once a day. They drink a lot of kool-aid over there. lol

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 01:04 PM
**** the whorns too.

Collier11
10/4/2009, 01:04 PM
that is every message board and fan base, that really doesnt prove much

GottaHavePride
10/4/2009, 01:08 PM
Heh. Ask them if they've tracked down Longhorn Bob yet.

OKLA21FAN
10/4/2009, 01:09 PM
"Are you quitting on me? Well, are you? Then quit, you slimy f*cking walrus-looking piece of ****! Get the f*ck off of my obstacle! Get the f*ck down off of my obstacle! NOW! MOVE IT! Or I'm going to rip your balls off, so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world! I will motivate you, Private Pyle, IF IT SHORT-DICKS EVERY CANNIBAL ON THE CONGO!"
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ejwyhGZRnqs/R6YFTfwl85I/AAAAAAAAAR8/UC2dxPZAv-U/s400/full+metal+jacket.jpg

batonrougesooner
10/4/2009, 01:12 PM

Ahh...the old "I've been a fan longer than you have so therefore I'm somehow special" argument.

I'm a fan of that one. I'm sure I've been a fan of that argument longer than anyone else on here.

jumperstop
10/4/2009, 01:15 PM
Was Stoops and clan outcoached, yes. Has he been outcoached several times recently, yes. Is he still a great coach, yes. Everyone calm down

Well said, everyone just calm down. Yes there are some things that we didn't like seeing, especially coaching decisions. But if Franks makes that pick six and we win would all you "nay sayers" still be saying some of the things your saying? I would guess not. It's ok to be upset and even critical of your team, but just don't be a so doom and gloom negtive nancys. Makes you sound aggie. And sometimes to stay sane you need to look for positive things too. :D

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 01:16 PM
Also...I know a Haitian VooDoo Queen and she like me. She'll shrink your testicles if I ask her. So man up before you really **** me off. :D

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Lbu-FwLDL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

SoonerBacker
10/4/2009, 01:24 PM
The negativity on the board after last night's game is a bit rediculous. Sure, there were some questinoable play calls. That is true in EVERY game. The difference is that when you win the game, those questionable calls are forgotten.

Let's not forget that dispite the play calling, we were up against a very good Miami football team. You could also stop to consider that if the players had executed better on a couple of plays, we would have won that game last night. To attempt to blame all of this on Stoops or certain coordinators is a bit far feteched. The coaches had the correct play called in some key situations and the players on the field failed to execute them properly.

The point is - we all need to calm down a bit and remember that we are Oklahoma Sooners and we WILL rebound from this loss. The season is not lost and we can still win the BIG XII and have a successful season. Given all of the injuries and the youth at certain positions on the team, would that really be so bad?

Remember - we could still be suffering through Blake and Scmellyburger type seasons! This team needs our support now. They do NOT need all of the negativity and the complaining. Now is the time to rally around that Crimson Banner and stay faithful.

aero
10/4/2009, 01:24 PM
I'm as old as StoopTroop, born and bred, always loved the Sooners (yes, even the Blake and snelly years) and always will. Theres nothing that would ever change that. I know we aren't going to win the MNC every year and probably will have down years. Do I think we should have beat BYU and Miami, even with our injuries to key players? Yes. Do I want Bob fired? Absolutely not. But I also think our teams have not played to their abilities too many times in the past few years. I also think the majority of those times has been on the coaching staff. Thats where I expect Bob to have the acumen and cahones to make the decisions best for the team and the future. I can't say I believe he has done so. Maybe its not that obvious since we've been in the mix but I also think there have been circumstances which aided us being in the mix. I think there have been years the B12 was slightly overrated and I think we've had favorable rankings. We possibly are at the end of being given the benefit and now must produce to regain belief from outsiders and perhaps from some within.

MyT Oklahoma
10/4/2009, 01:28 PM
Ahh...the old "I've been a fan longer than you have so therefore I'm somehow special" argument.

I'm a fan of that one. I'm sure I've been a fan of that argument longer than anyone else on here.

No one is more special of a fan than anyone else and you know it, or at least should know it. What you apparently don't comprehend is that everyone is entitled to their opinion and those of you who try and tell the rest of us we aren't and too full of yourselves.

Besides you also seem to forget that OU fans are not the enemy.. Baylor is the enemy. The fact that some of us are tired of the same mistakes we've seen over the past six years doesn't make us any less of a fan than you.

GrapevineSooner
10/4/2009, 01:32 PM
Yeah, remember when we used to make fun of HornFans.com when they'd suffer a demoralizing loss and you couldn't get on the board for a few hours after the game?

Pot, meet kettle. Because that's how every messageboard is.

westbrooke
10/4/2009, 01:37 PM
No doubt there have been some over-the-top things written on this board, and some of it may even have come from my fingers in the heat of the loss. When it comes down to it, we're all going to fall in line behind the team, especially the players, and root for a victory.

There are some glaring and systemic problems with the way we've been playing lately, though, and it makes some of us feel better to talk about it instead of turning a blind eye.

batonrougesooner
10/4/2009, 01:39 PM
No one is more special of a fan than anyone else and you know it, or at least should know it. What you apparently don't comprehend is that everyone is entitled to their opinion and those of you who try and tell the rest of us we aren't and too full of yourselves.

Besides you also seem to forget that OU fans are not the enemy.. Baylor is the enemy. The fact that some of us are tired of the same mistakes we've seen over the past six years doesn't make us any less of a fan than you.

I never said otherwise. And I agree, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 01:58 PM
I'm as old as StoopTroop, born and bred, always loved the Sooners (yes, even the Blake and snelly years) and always will. Theres nothing that would ever change that. I know we aren't going to win the MNC every year and probably will have down years. Do I think we should have beat BYU and Miami, even with our injuries to key players? Yes. Do I want Bob fired? Absolutely not. But I also think our teams have not played to their abilities too many times in the past few years. I also think the majority of those times has been on the coaching staff. Thats where I expect Bob to have the acumen and cahones to make the decisions best for the team and the future. I can't say I believe he has done so. Maybe its not that obvious since we've been in the mix but I also think there have been circumstances which aided us being in the mix. I think there have been years the B12 was slightly overrated and I think we've had favorable rankings. We possibly are at the end of being given the benefit and now must produce to regain belief from outsiders and perhaps from some within.

You've posted a reasonable post right there.

I don't believe our Coaches and Players have ever had a perfect game...especially not this year. I do believe they are beginning to make some better adjustments during the games now. Have those resulted in wins? Nope. Bob has turned over his OC way to many times IMO. It's time he had someone who wasn't using him as a stepping stone. I hope Wilson stays for awhile and that Josh gets the job when Kevin's ready for a HC job.

Venables....he might be ready to move on to a HC job...maybe not a Penn St., phlorida St., or a Arizona type of situation but definitely a situation like Sumlin had gotten himself into. I'm betting Sumlin will get a look for a better job soon. Brent has been totally loyal to Bob and heck...maybe he doesn't want to go. I'll always support Bob's decision on his OC or DC. He is the guy who has to answer for his decisions on that. He's had a lot more answers than other Coaches.

We are very lucky to have Coaches like this IMO.

We have been unlucky at some moments and been left stadning flat as fans too. Thus...life hands ya those little curveballs. When there is another Crystal Ball in Bob's hands...all will be forgiven is my guess. Same as it was for the King.

westbrooke
10/4/2009, 02:07 PM
Right on. It takes a lot of pieces falling into place to win a championship, from the head coach to the coordinators to some special players to avoiding the injury bug to some breaks in the schedule etc. We've been lucky enough to have almost all of those pieces come together on several recent occasions only to fall just short. Wind from a butterfly's wing in some cases.

I think Stoops believes this group of coaches can win a championship and I can't disagree given how close we continually come. I lived in Austin for over a decade and have numerous horn friends. They were merciless on Greg Davis... right up until the pieces came together and they won a championship. Sure, they had Vince Young and they wouldn't have won without him. They also wouldn't have won without Michael Huff there to make that huge 4th down stop, and I don't think they would have won without Davis calling the right plays. Sometimes it all comes together, and I think it can for our group of coaches too.

okcusooner
10/4/2009, 02:32 PM

Well put ^^^^

Denver_Sooner
10/4/2009, 02:32 PM
I did not know StoopTroup & Soonerus spoke for the fan base? When were we given an opportunity to vote them in as Sooner Ambassadors?

Yes....you have been overrun.

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 02:37 PM
I did not know StoopTroup & Soonerus spoke for the fan base? When were we given an opportunity to vote them in as Sooner Ambassadors?

By what...I'm not sure though.

There was an election? I didn't even get to vote.

ashley
10/4/2009, 02:39 PM
There is just too much logic in this thread.

stoopified
10/4/2009, 02:55 PM
I'm guessing by anyone you mean the ten or so of us who haven't lost all faith in humanity?

And I'm 50 BTW...so if they have been SoonerFans longer than me and are completely over the edge on our Coaches...their probably off their meds is all.Amen bro.These are the same people or type of People who wanted to run Barry out of town for going 7-4-1,8-4,8-4 in consecutive years.EVERY coach loss games.I guarantee you if Meyer has to play 31/2 games with the Sainted One,he is going to lose some games.Petey has already lost after his frosh QB missed a game and I guarantee Saban and Bama are going dwown before the year is out even if they don't lose their QB, starting TE and best WR.Losses happen,get over it.

silverwheels
10/4/2009, 03:33 PM
So we're not allowed to criticize the coaching staff even when they deserve it?

Collier11
10/4/2009, 03:40 PM
diff between criticizing and what goes on here everytime we lose, FIRE HIM FIRE HIM FIRE HIM...it gets old and isnt really genuine, it is just a hissy fit that shouldnt have been typed

silverwheels
10/4/2009, 03:43 PM
Well, when our losses follow a pattern that gets repeated it suggests that the coaches do not learn from their mistakes, which means to me, at least, that they should be replaced. Every team has to lose at some point or another, but I'm tired of losing games the same way every year.

Collier11
10/4/2009, 03:48 PM
Cool, lets fire Stoops...who wants a coach that leads us to 4 national title games in 10 yrs, he had it coming

silverwheels
10/4/2009, 03:50 PM
I never said anything about Stoops. I'll be sad to see him leave when he eventually does, but some of his assistants...not so much.

AlbqSooner
10/4/2009, 04:03 PM
I have, despite what others may say about me, learned a few things in my many years as a Sooner fan. There will be great disappointments when you align yourself with a program as enduringly successful as OU. The "Bury Barry" campaign has been mentioned and is a prime example of how spoiled we become to winning.

Our present coaches do, on occasion deserve criticism. Fans should be able to come on this board and express their opinions whether supportive of the coaches/players or not.

HOWEVER, after what I witnessed after last night's loss, and to a lesser degree the BYU loss, I am of the opinion that the majority - nay the CLEAR majority - of people who posted after those losses would do themselves, those of us who read here, and the OU reputation a great service if they would not hit a stroke on the keyboard until 24 hours has elapsed since the final gun has sounded.

Of course, it won't happen, but it would benefit everyone if people would let the emotions wane before expressing them to others.

In the age of instant communication via message boards and sundry internet communications, it is ever more important to remember that when you represent yourself as a Sooner fan, you do indeed represent the Sooner fanbase. I am a part of that fan base and I know we can represent much better.

adoniijahsooner
10/4/2009, 04:11 PM

No one they said they spoke for the so called "fan base", but it was disheartening seeing them wrestle with the mindless "fans" who repeat the same **** ad nauseum. If I were some of you I would @ least look for some creative ways to b*tch and moan.

prrriiide
10/4/2009, 04:21 PM
We are very lucky to have Coaches like this IMO.

I must respectfully disagree on Venables. You say it might be time for him to take an HC position somewhere. I believe it's past time.

Whipple made him look like a Pop Warner coach last night. Venables is at best an average DC that has been blessed his entire career with superior talent. He has also been blessed that most opposing OCs have not been able to overcome that talent gap despite the weaknesses in BVs gameplans. However, when OU has met up with programs that have equal talent on offense and better coaching at the coordinator level...Whipple last night, the Evil Dr. Chow for USC, Stewart for WVU...BV has turned his socks yellow. If we want championships, we need a championship-caliber DC. BV has proven 3 times in BCS NC games that he is not a championship-caliber DC.

We saw it again last night.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/4/2009, 04:23 PM
Also...I know a Haitian VooDoo Queen and she like me. She'll shrink your testicles if I ask her. So man up before you really **** me off. :D

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Lbu-FwLDL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

WTF!?!!? You got a resource like this and you would waste it on posters.....when we could be 4-0 having beaten everyone eleventy-jillion to nuthin'!?!?

I blame YOU for our struggles.

Now get voodoo woman over to the Switzer center and get us back our Sooner Magic!

Collier11
10/4/2009, 05:53 PM
I must respectfully disagree on Venables. You say it might be time for him to take an HC position somewhere. I believe it's past time.

Whipple made him look like a Pop Warner coach last night. Venables is at best an average DC that has been blessed his entire career with superior talent. He has also been blessed that most opposing OCs have not been able to overcome that talent gap despite the weaknesses in BVs gameplans. However, when OU has met up with programs that have equal talent on offense and better coaching at the coordinator level...Whipple last night, the Evil Dr. Chow for USC, Stewart for WVU...BV has turned his socks yellow. If we want championships, we need a championship-caliber DC. BV has proven 3 times in BCS NC games that he is not a championship-caliber DC.

We saw it again last night.

Its like you guys who hated BV two and 3 years ago cant let go, lets take a look at something here.

Last yr our D really struggled at times so what do we do in our two biggest games. We hold down a good Mizzou offense to 21 but I believe the last 7 were scored late. We hold another high powered offense, Florida, to 24 despite the fact that we cant finish a drive or else we would have went into halftime up 21-7 and likely won the game.

So this year, we are on the field the entire game (about 70% of the time I believe and still hold a ranked and high powered BYU offense to 14 which would have been enough to win had SB not gotten hurt.

We play a high powered Tulsa offense to 0, we hold a Miami team who was avg 26ppg against ranked teams to 21.

We are giving up 7 ppg thru 4 games. He may not be the best D coord in the nation but you guys need to get over it.

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 05:55 PM
Like thats gonna happen....lol

tulsaoilerfan
10/4/2009, 06:39 PM
So we're not allowed to criticize the coaching staff even when they deserve it?

Evidently some people think that our coaches are gods i guess

Curly Bill
10/4/2009, 08:10 PM
Hey Collier, per your long-standing wishes I've started putting together my list of DC's I'd rather have than BV. After spending less than 10 minutes on it the other day I have a list of over a dozen names that I'd go with. I figure with another 10 minutes I can have over 20.

After the Texas game will likely be a good time to unveil the list. ;)

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 08:22 PM
Hey Collier, per your long-standing wishes I've started putting together my list of DC's I'd rather have than BV. After spending less than 10 minutes on it the other day I have a list of over a dozen names that I'd go with. I figure with another 10 minutes I can have over 20.

Any of them a good fit for Stoops? I mean you can have a wish list...but would they really be a guy who you could actually get and then...would they do a better job or one about like we already have?

Collier11
10/4/2009, 09:00 PM

I sure hope muschamp is way up there since we sliced and diced his D pretty well last year ;)

stoopified
10/4/2009, 09:13 PM
ST and C11 don't try to reason with the lost ones.They are under the delusional spell of THE GRASS IS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FENCE complex/It is a condition that does not allow for rational evaliation.The symptoms include selusions of perfection existing on other teams and coaching staffs.They also fail to realize that injuries can wreak havoc on any team.

Curly Bill
10/4/2009, 09:17 PM
Any of them a good fit for Stoops? I mean you can have a wish list...but would they really be a guy who you could actually get and then...would they do a better job or one about like we already have?

Are any of the others friends of Bob? That I do not know, and that does seem to be pretty important...

...maybe not as much in getting the job, but at least in keeping it. ;)

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 09:22 PM
Are any of the others friends of Bob? That I do not know, and that does seem to be pretty important...

...maybe not as much in getting the job, but at least in keeping it. ;)

He seems to be pretty tight with all of them and their Families. They become a tight knit bunch. I'd think that would be high on his list of whether or not a guy was a good fit.

Collier11
10/4/2009, 09:22 PM
you do realize that if BV ever left Stoops would likely hire a "friend" to replace him

Curly Bill
10/4/2009, 09:34 PM
you do realize that if BV ever left Stoops would likely hire a "friend" to replace him

...but it would be a different friend, and in this case I think that's needed.

Let's hope Bob has another friend looking for an OC job.

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 09:51 PM
A special friend?

A kind of retarded mack brown kind of friend?

Dear aggie...I'm sorry for the retard comment. I didn't mean to hurt your feeling again.

Curly Bill
10/4/2009, 09:53 PM
I don't care if his friend is a convicted serial killer as long as they can call an offense or defense when we play someone that just doesn't roll over for us. :D

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 09:58 PM
I don't care if his friend is a convicted serial killer as long as they can call an offense or defense when we play someone that just doesn't roll over for us. :D

Even a one point roll over us? :pop:

Curly Bill
10/4/2009, 09:59 PM
I didn't say when someone rolls over us.

I meant when a team doesn't just roll over and let us have our way with them, our current OC and DC seem to be at a loss.

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 10:00 PM
:confused:

You want me to explain that?

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 10:01 PM

I meant when a team doesn't just roll over and let us have our way with them, our current OC and DC seem to be at a loss.

Nevermind....lol

I liked it better when we could make em :cry:

JLB
10/4/2009, 10:09 PM
The only thing wrong with our team is we have a young offensive line and our wide receivers other than Broyles suck.
The one thing I like about Stoops is that we know he is not cheating when it comes to recruiting.When you go undefeated almost every year like USC and others,your cheating.
Oh and our "D" is not that bad.Last nights loss was on the Offense.

Collier11
10/4/2009, 10:10 PM
If our O-line could block worth a damn and quit getting penalties we would be 4-0 with two wins against ranked teams

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 10:12 PM
If our O-line could block worth a damn and quit getting penalties we would be 4-0 with two wins against ranked teams

I'd take quit with the penalties for a thousand Alex.

I'd like a Daily Double but I'm betting I won't get it for awhile.

JLB
10/4/2009, 10:14 PM
When I played Football I could never understand how you could jump offsides.
I swear some offensive linemen rode the little yellow school bus to school.

rawlingsHOH
10/4/2009, 10:16 PM
When I played Football I could never understand how you could jump offsides.
I swear some offensive linemen rode the little yellow school bus to school.

It's considerably harder in the no-huddle. Especially, in the sets where the linemen are in the three-point for extended time while we check the play.

Still, no excuse.

JLB
10/4/2009, 10:20 PM
It's considerably harder in the no-huddle. Especially, in the sets where the linemen are in the three-point for extended time while we check the play.

Still, no excuse.

Well I guess you could say fatigue has a little to do with it,but thats no excuse.
Football is a team sport and you are only as strong as your weakest link.
Maybe the rest of the team needs to get the soap bars and pillow cases after the fat as$es who cant keep up.

boomermagic
10/5/2009, 09:37 AM

I have to agree with this post.. I have been a Sooner fan since i was 8 years old and I just turned 55 a couple of weeks ago.. First off, I will REMAIN a Sooner fan no matter what happens.. Now, Let's look at what we need to do and where we need to go from here Shall we ? Bob Stoops IS the ONE responsible for our team... The buck stops there period.. We should NOT be blaming KW or BV or anyone else but Bob.. I remember having a bad feeling after the usc loss and telling someone that we have a problem and until it is fixed we can expect more of the same.. i am certainly no expert and don't claim to be but.. I do know we have a lot of injuries right now and that is a part of why we are not playing as well as we want to no doubt..

As I said before I am NO expert for sure and injuries are a reason but NOT the only reason.. The fire in our team is gone, the will to survive is not there the killer instinct has went by the way side... Sooner Magic did not find it's way from Barry Switzer to Bob Stoops for some reason.. Was it there and Mike just took it with him ? Could be I guess.... Bob Stoops is a very good defensive coach and a pretty good spokesman for his team and program.. We need some offensive help no doubt when our OL finally grows up that will help.. When our injuries heal that will help... Is that the entire problem ? I don't think so.. Bob is a smart man and needs offensive help right now and it is his responsibility to fix the problems.. Come on Bob start earning those Millions fast...

stoopified
10/5/2009, 11:34 AM

Go tel Missou,osu,TT fans about how THEY just rolled over for us.For thst matter Yop 15 teams like TCU and Cincy too.I'm sure they just rolled over.

BTW does your hanpicked new OC and DC get written guarantees that they won't lose their key players?Most football fans (especially Sooner) realize OurD would have been better with a healthy Reynolds and Box last year.Likewise common sense says that about our O this year.with Bradford,Gresham,Broyles.

JohnnyMack
10/5/2009, 11:41 AM
Blaming our current situation on coaching is ridiculous. At least it is in my opinion.

JohnnyMack
10/5/2009, 11:46 AM
People need a pinata to bash when things get bad and you can't very well bash on a kid with a sprained shoulder or one with a blown up knee or one with a broken shoulder, so in an effort to focus blame many of you have chosen to turn your frustration towards something tangible. I understand that. I don't happen to think it makes much sense, but I get it.

silverwheels
10/5/2009, 11:52 AM
People need a pinata to bash when things get bad and you can't very well bash on a kid with a sprained shoulder or one with a blown up knee or one with a broken shoulder, so in an effort to focus blame many of you have chosen to turn your frustration towards something tangible. I understand that. I don't happen to think it makes much sense, but I get it.

So you're saying that we don't have good enough players to beat Miami without Bradford or Gresham.

Collier11
10/5/2009, 11:53 AM
People arent giving near enough credence to the fact that we are without the Best QB in the country, the Best TE in the country, and now our best WR

silverwheels
10/5/2009, 11:56 AM
People arent giving near enough credence to the fact that we are without the Best QB in the country, the Best TE in the country, and now our best WR

People aren't giving near enough credence to the fact that we have pretty good players behind those guys, either. I don't like using injuries as an excuse. We have good enough players to beat Miami even without Sam, Jermaine, and Ryan.

Collier11
10/5/2009, 12:00 PM
In this case its not an excuse its a fact, if UT lost Colt mccoy and played two ranked teams they might lose as well, same with Florida, it affects a teams psyche.

Our players behind those guys are good enough of course, but do the coaches trust them enough to make plays in crunch time? Pat jones was saying on the radio that he thought KW went to the conservative game plan cus Brown and Murray were the only guys he felt he could trust, like it or not Pat Jones knows a little about football

JohnnyMack
10/5/2009, 12:07 PM
So you're saying that we don't have good enough players to beat Miami without Bradford or Gresham.

I'm saying that we came into this season knowing that we had to deal with what was basically a brand new offensive line. Brand new offensive lines don't always gel right away. They don't always play as well as offensive lines that had seasoned All-Americans across them. You add in injuries to 3 of our top 4 offensive weapons including two who were likely top 10 NFL draft picks and I don't care who you are, you're gonna have problems.

silverwheels
10/5/2009, 12:19 PM
I'm saying that we came into this season knowing that we had to deal with what was basically a brand new offensive line. Brand new offensive lines don't always gel right away. They don't always play as well as offensive lines that had seasoned All-Americans across them. You add in injuries to 3 of our top 4 offensive weapons including two who were likely top 10 NFL draft picks and I don't care who you are, you're gonna have problems.

And I'm saying that Sam and Jermaine have been out for nearly a month, and Jermaine will not even play this year. That's plenty of time for Wilson to adjust to what we have, and Landry was good enough to win the game for us against Miami; Wilson never even gave him the chance, especially when Broyles went out. Broyles had 1 catch before he was injured, and Landry had no problems finding other WRs. I would have felt much better about the loss if I knew that we went balls to the wall on offense to try and win, but apparently Wilson had no balls Saturday night. I mean, draw plays and screen passes on 3rd and long? The odds on those plays working in those instances are long.

I wasn't expecting everything to go perfectly without the players that we lost, but we still had good enough players to beat Miami, who is not "back" like so many people are saying. I see a good but not great team when I watch them play. If not for a terrible ACC they'd be a seven- or eight-win team this year.

adoniijahsooner
10/5/2009, 12:22 PM
I remember a thread before the season started that asked the question, What is your biggest concern?", and many of us put down injuries as our biggest concern for the season. It seems we have forgotten our own fears.

olevetonahill
10/5/2009, 12:24 PM

Obviously not .:rolleyes:

JohnnyMack
10/5/2009, 12:35 PM
And I'm saying that Sam and Jermaine have been out for nearly a month, and Jermaine will not even play this year. That's plenty of time for Wilson to adjust to what we have, and Landry was good enough to win the game for us against Miami; Wilson never even gave him the chance, especially when Broyles went out. Broyles had 1 catch before he was injured, and Landry had no problems finding other WRs. I would have felt much better about the loss if I knew that we went balls to the wall on offense to try and win, but apparently Wilson had no balls Saturday night. I mean, draw plays and screen passes on 3rd and long? The odds on those plays working in those instances are long.

I wasn't expecting everything to go perfectly without the players that we lost, but we still had good enough players to beat Miami, who is not "back" like so many people are saying. I see a good but not great team when I watch them play. If not for a terrible ACC they'd be a seven- or eight-win team this year.

Hey I'm not saying that KW didn't make some calls that I didn't agree with, but that's the case in every single game ever played. No fan is going to agree with all the calls a coaching staff makes. We all think we're smarter than those paid to do it. The point is, the offense we put out on the field Saturday night simply wasn't very talented. For a myriad of reasons. Injuries, lack of experience, lack of talent, etc. I think that people need to take a giant step backwards and evaluate the entirety of our team and coaching staff.

Does anyone think that if we had been 100% healthy this season that we are anything less than 4 - 0 right now? I don't. I think that our inexperienced O-line could have been hidden amongst stars like Bradford, Gresham and Broyles until they matured and got some confidence. The way the season is going now however, it's becoming comedic how bad things are getting.

DakotaSooner
10/5/2009, 12:41 PM
The inmates have taken over the asylum, and soonerfans have been reduced to a bunch of people creating endless threads about who should be fired and how the team sucks. it doesnt matter what you say, nor does it make a difference if you point out that we loss 2 games by 1 point to rank teams, because they have the scent of blood in their nostrils, the smell is intoxicating, and their appetite is insatiable.

Watch them as they eat and gnaw on our young men; who although they were down 21-10 fought back to give themselves a chance to win; Look at the way they ignore the injuries to Tom Wort, Jermaine Gresham, Sam Bradford, and Ryan Broyles; and finally marvel at how they ignore the Miami and BYU programs proud history and determination to make plays as well.

I fear for all soonerfans who must read the ignorant babble that is so void of life and hope. These guys probably curse at a beautiful sunrise and rejoice on a stormy day, so it will do you no good ST and Rus to try and reason with them. Wave the crimson flag and despair for are doomed.

Your right, good job Stoops and co., keep up the great work.

StoopTroup
10/9/2009, 03:43 PM
BTW...Bob Stoops says you all can kiss his ***, but remember to bow down before you pucker up. :D

stoopified
10/9/2009, 06:24 PM
So you're saying that we don't have good enough players to beat Miami without Bradford or Gresham.You don't replace dofference makers.Gresham and Bradford aren;t just the best TE and QB on OUr team but among the best in college football.If Barry had lost his Heisman winner Billy Sims he could have replaced him BUT it wouldn't have been the same.This was also true of Keith Jackson,Tony Casillas.If UF has to play LSU and Georgia without Tebow they will likely lose

.If OU had played the UT non-con slate insead of Miami and BYU without Bradford we would still be undefeated.BTW we have nobody to replace Gresham while Landry is at least a solid QB at this point and has the POTENTIAL to be great.I say think Jason White replacing Heupel in 2000.White of course went on to be a great player BUT in 2000 could NOT have replaced Heupel if he had gone down.Any asserion that you can just automatically replace great players (in the middle of the season)even at OU is ludicrous.