PDA

View Full Version : Joe, How'd That BYU Thingy Work Out For You?

FaninAma
10/4/2009, 12:16 PM
Maybe you will think twice before you sign
your name to another contract from Satan.

Sooner4FCD
10/4/2009, 12:21 PM
Screw that, give me 2-2 and playing a big boy schedule over UTEP and Wyoming.

Without the injuries we'd be 4-0, albeit an unconvincing 4-0.

FaninAma
10/4/2009, 12:26 PM

Yeah, we are in so much better shape than Texas is
right now.

BHud
10/4/2009, 12:33 PM

You do know that 4>2, and that 2>0, right?
And you can use the injury card all you like, but I submit BYU beats you even WITH a healthy Bradford.

mehip
10/4/2009, 01:39 PM

I agree. Too bad the system isn't very forgiving when you end up of on the wrong side of such things.

Remember this is how we've 'gamed' the system for many of these years. When we've ended up on the winning side it has helped of argument for ending up in the big game immensely.

Here's to hoping that we keep up these types of schedules and avoid the K. State cupcake schedules.

FaninAma
10/4/2009, 01:44 PM
And you can use the injury card all you like, but I submit BYU beats you even WITH a healthy Bradford.

And I submit you are so full of crap
your eyes are a dark shade of brown.

You lose all credibility with a statement
like that.....not that you had any to begin
with.

I guess McCoy Made no difference to Texas
in their game with TT and we're about to
see if Tebow would have made a difference
against LSU.

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 01:46 PM
And I submit you are so full of crap
your eyes are a dark shade of brown.

You lose all credibility with a statement
like that.....not that you had any to begin
with.

I guess McCoy Made no difference to Texas
in their game with TT and we're about to
see if Tebow would have made a difference
against LSU.

LOL

USCMichigander
10/4/2009, 01:47 PM
There is no question in my mind that Oklahoma is undefeated and ranked very high with a healthy Bradford. Bradford is an absolutely phenomenal QB who is a game-changer in every sense of the word.

However, FaninAma, in order to be the best you have to beat the best. Without sounding like too much of a homer here, USC plays a ridiculous OOC schedule and isn't harmed by it because we win. Now, if we had our 2nd stringer QB in, we would have lost VS. Ohio State for sure, but I think your attention should be focused not to your AD, but to the injuries hurting your team.

Your team is great, your team decimated by injuries is not. You guys still could win the Big 12, Texas hasn't looked very impressive.

FaninAma
10/4/2009, 01:52 PM
I agree. Too bad the system isn't very forgiving when you end up of on the wrong side of such things.

Remember this is how we've 'gamed' the system for many of these years. When we've ended up on the winning side it has helped of argument for ending up in the big game immensely.

Here's to hoping that we keep up these types of schedules and avoid the K. State cupcake schedules.

No, the point is we can have a better
ooc schedule than Texas by scheduling with
the previous guidelines. We don't have to
do a whole lot. But when you schedule 2 games
against 2 traditonally strong teams in
a span of 4 weeks you are just asking for something
to happen like what has happened to OU this year.

mehip
10/4/2009, 01:58 PM
No, the point is we can have a better
ooc schedule than Texas by scheduling with
the previous guidelines. We don't have to
do a whole lot. But when you schedule 2 games
against 2 traditonally strong teams in
a span of 4 weeks you are just asking for something
to happen like what has happened to OU this year.

Whatever....you play to win and had we been 3-1 you wouldn't even be complaining. And, **** Texas's schedule we play them every year anyway; we have the opportunity to settle things on the field.

FaninAma
10/4/2009, 01:58 PM
There is no question in my mind that Oklahoma is undefeated and ranked very high with a healthy Bradford. Bradford is an absolutely phenomenal QB who is a game-changer in every sense of the word.

However, FaninAma, in order to be the best you have to beat the best. Without sounding like too much of a homer here, USC plays a ridiculous OOC schedule and isn't harmed by it because we win. Now, if we had our 2nd stringer QB in, we would have lost VS. Ohio State for sure, but I think your attention should be focused not to your AD, but to the injuries hurting your team.

Your team is great, your team decimated by injuries is not. You guys still could win the Big 12, Texas hasn't looked very impressive.

Texas will be coming into the RRS a much more
confident team. We'll see which team plays with
confidence and which team doesn't in 2 weeks.

FaninAma
10/4/2009, 02:03 PM

If we do then expect every few seasons to be
decimatedby injuries like this year. If having
an 8-4 or worse season every 4th year is an
acceptable price then you are correct.

FaninAma
10/4/2009, 02:12 PM
Whatever....you play to win and had we been 3-1 you wouldn't even be complaining. And, **** Texas's schedule we play them every year anyway; we have the opportunity to settle things on the field.
Check the history books and tell me the last
time OU has beaten a Texas team who hasn't
lost before the RRS when OU has one or more
losses coming into the game.

Never.

USCMichigander
10/4/2009, 02:20 PM

Never.

This year will be the first year, neg me if I am wrong. Texas isn't that great. Shut down Shipley, win the ball game.

CrimsonJim
10/4/2009, 02:30 PM

So you're trying to tell me that a healthy Bradford isn't worth 2 points a game? Seriously? Plllleaasssse!! :rolleyes:

CrimsonJim
10/4/2009, 02:31 PM
I find it pretty telling about a lot of you, when USCMichigander has more faith in OUr team than you do. Shame on ya!

UteSooner
10/4/2009, 02:58 PM
So you're trying to tell me that a healthy Bradford isn't worth 2 points a game? Seriously? Plllleaasssse!! :rolleyes:

I don't understand this line of thinking either. Of course he is.

And if our non-conference schedule hurts us this year--so be it. We owe our conference championship and NC game to last year's. All we need to do is quit playing 1AA teams. I hate that.

yermom
10/4/2009, 03:09 PM
USC plays Notre Dame every year and went to the 'shoe

if our line was ready would have been fine. having Gresham and the best of our already young receivers would have been nice too

i don't think our schedule was the problem. look at 2007 Kansas. sure they won the Orange Bowl, but they were left out of the championship game over a 2 loss LSU too

FaninAma
10/4/2009, 03:51 PM
USC plays Notre Dame every year and went to the 'shoe

if our line was ready would have been fine. having Gresham and the best of our already young receivers would have been nice too

i don't think our schedule was the problem. look at 2007 Kansas. sure they won the Orange Bowl, but they were left out of the championship game over a 2 loss LSU too

KU would have gone to the title game
if they had won the Big 12.

Everybody is criticizing Texas' schedule
(probably deserved) but Brown under-
stands how the game is played regarding
early season losses and key injuries.

MamaMia
10/4/2009, 04:20 PM
Maybe you will think twice before you sign
your name to another contract from Satan.

Thats still funny. :D

Widescreen
10/4/2009, 04:36 PM

You can submit whatever piece of idiocy you want. If we have Bradford, Gresham and Broyles, we're 4-0 guaranteed. Key injuries do matter. You play with who you have and who we have now ain't that great. Hopefully they'll improve quickly.

JLEW1818
10/4/2009, 04:38 PM
trust me

texas will get screwed some way

mehip
10/4/2009, 05:35 PM

Never.

History doesn't suit up and bust it's *** in practice. Nor does make or miss a game saving tackle. If history is all that mattered then we shouldn't even field a team.

Ground_Attack
10/4/2009, 06:49 PM
So we lost the BYU game. If we can't go to Dallas and beat an outmanned BYU team (injuries included), we don't deserve anything but a loss. Schedule tough competition and be rewarded. Play like garbage and you don't deserve a win, even if its again'st Idaho St.

yermom
10/4/2009, 09:36 PM
KU would have gone to the title game
if they had won the Big 12.

Everybody is criticizing Texas' schedule
(probably deserved) but Brown under-
stands how the game is played regarding
early season losses and key injuries.

they don't even have a BCS team in their OOC schedule this year. if they drop a game, they are likely in trouble

Sooner4FCD
10/4/2009, 10:09 PM
You know what else? These close losses will prepare us for the inevitably close games we will have at Nebraska, Kansas and/or Tech.

Texas will not be prepared for these. They will lose to us and drop a game they shouldn't and we will win the Big XII. Sam will come back and prove the haters wrong and we will have a 4th straight Big XII championship trophy.

It's fkin easy to be a Sooner "fan" when you're 5-0 heading into the RRS every year, but those of us who are alums and stick by the team through thick and thin aren't going anywhere. I'll proudly wear my Sooner gear around Dallas whether we're 5-0 or 0-5 going to play Texas.