PDA

View Full Version : OK, here's my prediction for the rest of the season...

Soonerus
10/4/2009, 11:46 AM
...we win out then go to the Fiesta Bowl and kick the carp out of Boise State...Stoops is carried off the field on the team's shoulders for winning a BCS game and OU's "D" is proclaimed as one of the best ever...I leave the game and gently toss my game-day sign, that says "Big Game Bob II" into a dumpster...

okcusooner
10/4/2009, 12:06 PM
...we win out then go to the Fiesta Bowl and kick the carp out of Boise State...Stoops is carried off the field on the team's shoulders for winning a BCS game and OU's "D" is proclaimed as one of the best ever...I leave the game and gently toss my game-day sign, that says "Big Game Bob II" into a dumpster...

There must have been someone on the Titanic who, when the stern was sticking straight up out of the water, said "Don't worry, this ship is unsinkable."

God love your optimism Soonerus, but you are that person.

Soonerus
10/4/2009, 12:12 PM
Oh, and I forgot to mention, OU's band is banned from the bowl game for lack of originality...and nobody notices...

BOOMERBRADLEY
10/4/2009, 12:20 PM
Your sunshine is blinding, Rus

BOOMERBRADLEY
10/4/2009, 12:27 PM
I think Rus is just trying to be "that guy"

This way he can come back months from now and say I told you so. Unforunately he will most likely be wrong this season

Sooner Eclipse
10/4/2009, 12:29 PM
At the level we're playing, IF we get to a BCS game at all, the only team we'll win against is another ND team that didn't deserve to be there in the first place.

O-Line needs to improve or we're going bowling w the bumpers in the gutters.

HBick
10/4/2009, 12:34 PM
I'd take that, mainly because there are few teams that I constantly root against week in week out. Boise St is one of them.

tulsaoilerfan
10/4/2009, 01:11 PM
Is Rus ever right about anything?

SanJoaquinSooner
10/4/2009, 01:16 PM
Your prediction might be plausible, but first lets see if we get past Baylor.

madillsoonerfan5353
10/4/2009, 01:18 PM

:gary:

jumperstop
10/4/2009, 01:41 PM
Oh, and I forgot to mention, OU's band is banned from the bowl game for lack of originality...and nobody notices...

OU's band seems to suck these days. Playing the same shows every game and every year. They need to play cooler music too.

stoopified
10/4/2009, 02:45 PM
I'm with ya Russ,although my optimism hinges on Bradford returning,Landry is good and will get better BUT Sam is the best.

SOONER44EVER
10/4/2009, 02:49 PM
I'd take that, mainly because there are few teams that I constantly root against week in week out. Boise St is one of them.

What do you have against Boisie State?

PLaw
10/4/2009, 02:53 PM

best case scenario

BOOMER

soonervegas
10/4/2009, 03:25 PM
I say 8-4 and the Holiday Bowl versus either Cal or Oregon. I think that would be a good finish for this team.

I just don't see any scenario where they can leave Dallas with a W without the services or broyles or gresham.

TXBOOMER
10/4/2009, 03:31 PM
I say 8-4 and the Holiday Bowl versus either Cal or Oregon. I think that would be a good finish for this team.

I just don't see any scenario where they can leave Dallas with a W without the services or broyles or gresham.

As much as I hate to admit it...You are probably right. It is sad because the only team with equal or more talent left on the schedule is texass.

Sirus
10/4/2009, 03:39 PM
Right now I will take the same thing I wished for at the start of the season, a bowl win. Doesn't matter which bowl, just win.

Okie35
10/4/2009, 04:28 PM

I don't know about all that and who we will play but the Fiesta Bowl isn't a long shot.