PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up Lindys.....

SoonerTroll
10/4/2009, 11:07 AM
and we are 14. The big 12 looks stacked this year, rated the number one conference in the nation. I think we will struggle with a few teams in conference play but have the potential to make another decent tourney run if our freshman can step up.

IronHorseSooner
10/4/2009, 11:21 AM
I am going to start my preseason basketball thread, whereby I analyze player-by-player the strengths and weaknesses. The last time I did this was in a football rebuilding year in 2005, much like this year, except I won't be in Iraq while I am doing it. I see the Big XII being a three team race with KU, UTerus, and us. The good thing is that we get both of them late in the year at their places, so it will give some of our new, talented guys some time to gel. Also remember, we will likely have three MCAAs on the floor at one time, and we have NEVER had that before at OU. KU looks loaded for bear, and UTerus is much like us- some talented guys and veterans returning with some young talent coming in. This might be the most exciting OU team in a long time. Last year's team was built around Blake, obviously, but this year's team will likely be more wide open, with more playmakers.

w0lfe
10/4/2009, 03:11 PM
Awesome man i look forward to reading it.

soonervegas
10/4/2009, 03:45 PM
I am in agreement with the original poster. I can see OU piling up 5-6 losses in conference play, but making a deep run in the NCAA tourney with a team gelling at the end of the year.

NormanPride
10/5/2009, 10:18 AM
Agreed. This year is all about making it to the tourney with a decent seed and draw, then letting the young guys loose and seeing where the chips fall.