PDA

View Full Version : Honest Opinions Please.

mehip
10/4/2009, 09:53 AM
So folks, what do you think? Was that Miami O-Line just awesome or did we not adjust to their scheme? I know we managed to put decent pressure on the qb during pass plays but on the running game it seemed it was up to our LBs to make all of the stops.

After the game I realized that I don't remember hearing McCoy's name being called all night. Which I find pretty damn surprising.

tulsaoilerfan
10/4/2009, 09:58 AM
Poor tackling is the culprit for alot of it; how many times did we have guys in the backfield that still managed to get positive yardage? OU was in position to stop the run all night long, but failed big time

IronSooner
10/4/2009, 10:00 AM
Several of their long running plays, if not all, were due to bad tackling by the front 7. We had guys either hit and not wrap up, or possibly a step away who then tried to arm-tackle them.

Soonerus
10/4/2009, 10:01 AM
Their RB averaged 10+ yards a carry...crazy...

1890MilesToNorman
10/4/2009, 10:04 AM
I saw one graphic about their O-line and they were all over 300 pounds I think, they had some beef to'em. We seemed to get initial contact but they still got 3-4 yards. Time will tell about this Miami team and Texas will tell us about US. Lots O football to be played and I am looking forward to every game.

mehip
10/4/2009, 10:06 AM
Poor tackling is the culprit for alot of it; how many times did we have guys in the backfield that still managed to get positive yardage? OU was in position to stop the run all night long, but failed big time

I can't argue with that since I recall at least a dozen times seeing the Miami RBs pushing and dragging our players.

misplacedsooner
10/4/2009, 10:09 AM
there were many plays that should of been 3 yard losses that turned into 3 yard gains

meoveryouxinfinity
10/4/2009, 10:09 AM
Honestly, I don't think we are world beaters at D-line. We have a lot of great players, but maybe slightly overrated. We got adequate pressure on Max Hall, but couldn't get it done consistently and when it mattered. The BYU offensive line was supposed to be just as bad as ours, or much worse.

Flagstaffsooner
10/4/2009, 10:12 AM
Bermuda Triangle.

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 10:22 AM
Road games are getting harder to win for everybody IMO. Miami was going to be tough at Home. They were just tough enough to take us down.

Tough loss for our guys. I hope they bounce back strong.

1890MilesToNorman
10/4/2009, 10:34 AM
In more important news!!!

ASADABAD, Afghanistan (Reuters) – Insurgents stormed remote Afghan outposts near the Pakistani border, killing eight U.S. troops and cutting off scores of Afghan police, officials said on Sunday, in the deadliest battle in more than a year.
NATO said at least two Afghan soldiers died along with the eight Americans. Afghan provincial authorities said they had lost contact with scores of Afghan policemen after the day-long attack and did not know whether they were dead or alive.

And our lives are ruined over a football game?

aero
10/4/2009, 10:44 AM
Quite right 1890. There are certainly much more important matters than a football game and our hearts and prayers go out to our soldiers. Looks like its time to bring them home if they are not going to get the support they need and deserve. But this is a board for Sooner fans to discuss their beloved Sooners so please don't deter ones right to free speech. OUr soldiers wouldn't like that.

1890MilesToNorman
10/4/2009, 10:46 AM
Just trying to put the game in perspective. Some folks take football a little to serious in my opinion.

canes4ever
10/4/2009, 11:06 AM
So folks, what do you think? Was that Miami O-Line just awesome or did we not adjust to their scheme? I know we managed to put decent pressure on the qb during pass plays but on the running game it seemed it was up to our LBs to make all of the stops.

After the game I realized that I don't remember hearing McCoy's name being called all night. Which I find pretty damn surprising.

Our Oline is good this year but it did seem your Dline began to tire as the game wore on,especially in the 2nd half. Maybe you were missing some players on the line. OU personal fouls by the Oline also hurt,the timing was critical. Your LBers are quick and very active,they play the outside real good but then that hurts them with off tackle runs. Anyway it was another great OU/UM game. Good luck with the Big 12 games,especially with UT and Nebraska[I do not like those Cornhuskers].