PDA

View Full Version : Landry Jones...

OklaPony
10/4/2009, 07:51 AM
... you are a stud. Way to hang in there and give it your best... Boomer Sooner!

CrimsonJim
10/4/2009, 08:09 AM
Yes, Landry played a good game. He's going to be a really good QB. OU's future is bright at that position. :)

GottaHavePride
10/4/2009, 09:59 AM
Indeed, the Mustache Mafia has no reason to be ashamed today.

Soonerus
10/4/2009, 10:03 AM
I say go ahead and shave the stache now while everybody is whining about everything else...

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/4/2009, 10:13 AM
my hat is off to the kid. tough enviroment, first start on the road. he did everything he could. i only feel bad that the coaches didn't have enough faith in his ability to throw the football downfield. his TD pass was GREAT! and how does he get rewarded? screen passes and handoffs on delayed draws.

i'm am excited to see how well he progresses and i also think the future is bright with the stache!

BermudaSooner
10/4/2009, 10:19 AM
my hat is off to the kid. tough enviroment, first start on the road. he did everything he could. i only feel bad that the coaches didn't have enough faith in his ability to throw the football downfield. his TD pass was GREAT! and how does he get rewarded? screen passes and handoffs on delayed draws.

i'm am excited to see how well he progresses and i also think the future is bright with the stache!

This is what I have a problem understanding. When we threw downfield, we had good opportunities. I really don't understand how we trade that for two hand-offs to our clearly 2nd string back (even though he starts?) to the worse side of our line, and then follow up with a poorly executed screen pass.

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 10:19 AM
I like this guy. He shows promise. Tough spot he's in. He's really getting broke in hard.

Soonerus
10/4/2009, 10:27 AM
I am very impressed with his poise and talent level...we are in good hands wiyth him...

Sooner04
10/4/2009, 10:33 AM
I hate that he's not more aggressive. I guess that's because he's young, but when our O-line gave him the pleistocene to throw on 3rd and 12 in the second half he dumped it off to the tight end for a gain of one.

I almost sent a 2-iron through the TV.

Throw the ball downfield! A 35-yard incompletion is better than a one-yard gain on 3rd and 12.

misplacedsooner
10/4/2009, 10:35 AM
as good as i think landry is i think next year will be a heck of a qb competition with the big guy coming in...if they just hand it to landry and redshirt the big guy he aint gonna stick around for 3 years to start...he will leave.

Soonerus
10/4/2009, 10:36 AM
I hate that he's not more aggressive. I guess that's because he's young, but when our O-line gave him the pleistocene to throw on 3rd and 12 in the second half he dumped it off to the tight end for a gain of one.

I almost sent a 2-iron through the TV.

Throw the ball downfield! A 35-yard incompletion is better than a one-yard gain on 3rd and 12.

I hated that play and his throw away on 4th down...

Hotrod3157
10/4/2009, 10:46 AM
Yep the QB position is safe with Jones. In all honesty Jones is probably doing more for recruiting a couple of big name prospects at receiver then anybody else could. They can see we have a QB who can still toss it around after Sam is gone. Other teams can just say well our new QB will be good but don't have any proof of it.

misplacedsooner
10/4/2009, 10:56 AM
are you saying they are just gonna hand the job to landy for the next few years?

Soonerus
10/4/2009, 10:59 AM
are you saying they are just gonna hand the job to landy for the next few years?

Nobody said that but as our default he is pretty darn good...

sooneron
11/9/2009, 10:24 AM
Yep, rus, there you are...

post #8

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/9/2009, 10:27 AM
We also need to hang on to our nonstarting offensive linemen. Way too many transfers and quits from that position. Our offensive depth is nonexistent this season. Why is that?

KantoSooner
11/9/2009, 11:45 AM
We also need to hang on to our nonstarting offensive linemen. Way too many transfers and quits from that position. Our offensive depth is nonexistent this season. Why is that?

excellent question. Kind of like when Ryan R. went down last year and you could almost see the light over Venables head, "Wait, I've got no second string". It's distressing.

Blues1
11/9/2009, 01:14 PM
It's Too Bad The Coaches won't let him Run the Ball Once in awhile - I think he could have picked up a few first downs IF he would have just taken off....Jmho...!

badger
11/9/2009, 01:18 PM
... will have to earn the starting spot once again this coming Spring.

Mad Dog Madsen
11/9/2009, 01:30 PM
... will have to earn the starting spot once again this coming Spring.

I don't remember him earning it the first time. :D

badger
11/9/2009, 01:46 PM
I don't remember him earning it the first time. :D

By default :D