PDA

View Full Version : We aren't that bad.........

Cinco Ranch Cougar
10/4/2009, 07:30 AM
Face it, I have. We are a good football team that is going to win 7 to 10 games a year and lose "The Big One" most every year.
So accept the fact that the "OU of Old" is a thing of the past and be happy with mediocrity. A&M is, so why can't we be happy as well?
The days of our opponents being scared out of their wits on game day against OU is over.
We don't dominate anymore and teams like Miami (young overachievers with an aggressive young excellent coach), BYU (not at all afraid to face OU in their own backyard in Dallas), West VA, etc...................
If, and until, we instill a level of commitment in our players and coaches to accept nothing less than victory then we will continue to perform at our current level.
Don't care what anyone thinks about Tebow, but until we have someone with that type of attitude where Defeat is to sickening to stomach, we will not be playing in that last game of the year for a long time.
So get used to it.
Oh, I do love Bob, but I think he is just a little over paid right now.

jduggle
10/4/2009, 07:40 AM
Face it, I have. We are a good football team that is going to win 7 to 10 games a year and lose "The Big One" most every year.
So accept the fact that the "OU of Old" is a thing of the past and be happy with mediocrity. A&M is, so why can't we be happy as well?
The days of our opponents being scared out of their wits on game day against OU is over.
We don't dominate anymore and teams like Miami (young overachievers with an aggressive young excellent coach), BYU (not at all afraid to face OU in their own backyard in Dallas), West VA, etc...................
If, and until, we instill a level of commitment in our players and coaches to accept nothing less than victory then we will continue to perform at our current level.
Don't care what anyone thinks about Tebow, but until we have someone with that type of attitude where Defeat is to sickening to stomach, we will not be playing in that last game of the year for a long time.
So get used to it.
Oh, I do love Bob, but I think he is just a little over paid right now.

Agreed, but you have to lead by example. Stoops has put his loyalty to his coaching staff ahead of his commitment to, as you put it, "accept nothing less than victory." By virtue of Stoops' unwillingness to make changes, he has in fact agreed to accept something less than victory.

SoonerLaw09
10/4/2009, 08:21 AM
Agreed, but you have to lead by example. Stoops has put his loyalty to his coaching staff ahead of his commitment to, as you put it, "accept nothing less than victory." By virtue of Stoops' unwillingness to make changes, he has in fact agreed to accept something less than victory.

^^^^THIS

Are you listening, Kevin Wilson?

SoonerLaw09
10/4/2009, 08:23 AM
Holding Miami to 21 points should have been enough to win the game. While I think the D could have been better, obviously, they did pretty good. I am so disappointed in our inability to JUST GET A SIMPLE ****ING FIRST DOWN.

wishbonesooner
10/4/2009, 09:28 AM
Our defense did play pretty good. The old bugaboo about not getting a stop on 3rd down bit us again.

oudivesherpa
10/4/2009, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE=Cinco Ranch Cougar;2724634]Face it, I have. We are a good football team that is going to win 7 to 10 games a year and lose "The Big One" most every year.

Because we're OU!

Leroy Lizard
10/4/2009, 10:07 AM

Because A&M's coach doesn't make $4 million a year.

How much did Switzer make?

BermudaSooner
10/4/2009, 10:09 AM
You people are idiots.