PDA

View Full Version : The pressure is off...

Bosley
10/4/2009, 05:15 AM
Now just enjoy the rest of the season like a normal college football fan.

Sometimes I envy the fans of football programs like Maryland, or Duke, or Fresno state where they go into a season expecting nothing at all. Their biggest draw is maybe coming into a game and maybe pulling an upset. But they enjoy football season like everyone else, they just have no expectations.

I told myself at the beginning of the season that whatever happens win or lose I wasn't going to get all invested into the games, and I didn't until this one. I was pretty disappointed, but it's a blessing in disguise, the pressure is off. I can just sit back and enjoy the season like the millions of other fans of football programs around the country. I can casually talk about Sam Bradford and his future in the NFL instead of worrying if he'll be ready in time for Texas.

The point is, enjoy the rest of the season. We're a wildly spoiled fan base. There are half a dozen programs that are lucky enough to be in the title race every year and we're one of them. This year we're not anymore, so consider it an opportunity to lower your blood pressure and just enjoy the game for the sake of being the game.

(steps off zen soap box)

Okie35
10/4/2009, 05:24 AM
You know I say that sometimes but still end up being on edge for some reason.

TXBOOMER
10/4/2009, 07:34 AM
That sucks...the pressure is off and we have yet to start Big 12 play. I hope the pressure is just now starting.

SoonerLaw09
10/4/2009, 08:25 AM
I don't mind getting beat by better teams (Gators last year). What I do mind is playing like utter **** when it's on the line.

We fought like hell against Florida and came up short due to a few dumbass plays.

Last night, we were the better team, but we just couldn't move the ****ing ball when it counted.

budbarrybob
10/4/2009, 08:32 AM
Yeah like letting loose a massive turd.... I feel better but it sure as hell stinks! :mad: