PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time we beat a team............

SOONER44EVER
10/4/2009, 01:36 AM
..................with talent that is equal to or better than ours? 2007 Texas? Over the past couple of years it seems like every time we play a really talented team we lose.

BASSooner
10/4/2009, 01:47 AM
allow me to add onto that.

To say "that was just one game" doesn't cut it anymore. This has been a repeated scenario against ALMOST every talented team that we play. Though winnable, we also come up short because of the same exact thing every single time.

Hats off to the canes, especially Jacory Harris. He is good and a very cunning QB.

Now onto our overview:

First off, I fully support Coach Stoops' to start Landry. Very good move. Had to make sure that Bradford is 100% AND to give LJ some real game experience on the road AND a talented team. I was proud of his performance tonight.

Who do I blame for this game?
The coaches, hands down (neg me if you want)

Defensively, I thought we did pretty well against the canes. Yes we had some blown plays as far as their RBs big runs and Frank's blown play, but overall I was content with the defense, especially their performance against a talented offense that miami has.

Offensively, horrible play calling..........again. Kevin Wilson never fails to frustrate me in the big game. 3rd 12 and RB draw up the middle? really? That is just insulting to miami's defense. I fully blame the penalties (specifically the holding calls and false starts) on the coaches. The reason being is because this has been a repeated problem for so many big games.

Stoops call to kick the field goal instead of going for it is debatable. He will get criticized but I understand why he wanted to go for the FG. OUr offense wasn't doing much late in the game and he wasn't confident that we could get in on 4th down and into the endzone.

What frustrates me is that the problem has been the same in every big game. We have won some big games, and those wins were BIG but we have lost a whole lot more. Those reasons why we had lost were the same every stinking game. I'm sure Stoops knows this but I honestly think that he won't do a damn thing about it to make a change.

rawlingsHOH
10/4/2009, 02:41 AM
..................with talent that is equal to or better than ours? 2007 Texas? Over the past couple of years it seems like every time we play a really talented team we lose.
We don't play many teams equal or better than ours. So it isn't like it's a long losing streak.

SOONER44EVER
10/4/2009, 02:43 AM
We don't play many teams equal or better than ours. So it isn't like it's a long losing streak.

True, but it seems like we lose to most of them.

rawlingsHOH
10/4/2009, 02:55 AM
True, but it seems like we lose to most of them.
We haven't pulled an upset since 2006, when we were underdogs at Mizzou and at A&M.

Though, I think the only game we've been the underdog since was Florida.

We really seem to struggle when we are around a touchdown favorite. Boise, WVU, Miami, Texas games all seem to fit.

IslandSooner
10/4/2009, 08:31 AM
allow me to add onto that.

To say "that was just one game" doesn't cut it anymore. This has been a repeated scenario against ALMOST every talented team that we play. Though winnable, we also come up short because of the same exact thing every single time.

Hats off to the canes, especially Jacory Harris. He is good and a very cunning QB.

Now onto our overview:

First off, I fully support Coach Stoops' to start Landry. Very good move. Had to make sure that Bradford is 100% AND to give LJ some real game experience on the road AND a talented team. I was proud of his performance tonight.

Who do I blame for this game?
The coaches, hands down (neg me if you want)

Defensively, I thought we did pretty well against the canes. Yes we had some blown plays as far as their RBs big runs and Frank's blown play, but overall I was content with the defense, especially their performance against a talented offense that miami has.

Offensively, horrible play calling..........again. Kevin Wilson never fails to frustrate me in the big game. 3rd 12 and RB draw up the middle? really? That is just insulting to miami's defense. I fully blame the penalties (specifically the holding calls and false starts) on the coaches. The reason being is because this has been a repeated problem for so many big games.

Stoops call to kick the field goal instead of going for it is debatable. He will get criticized but I understand why he wanted to go for the FG. OUr offense wasn't doing much late in the game and he wasn't confident that we could get in on 4th down and into the endzone.

What frustrates me is that the problem has been the same in every big game. We have won some big games, and those wins were BIG but we have lost a whole lot more. Those reasons why we had lost were the same every stinking game. I'm sure Stoops knows this but I honestly think that he won't do a damn thing about it to make a change.

^THIS^