PDA

View Full Version : Da U Experience

HolaKyle
10/4/2009, 12:18 AM
Safe at last! I'm glad I made it back to the hotel in one piece.

So the fans tonight we about as classy as you would expect out of Miami.

The following are observations made at the game:

Da U fans running into the face of OU fans and holding up their hands to make a "U."

Da U fans making chants of "Boomer Loser"

Da U fans yelling at me "Hey! Your girlfriend is fat!" Yes, seriously.

I could go on, but why get mad at something you expect.

OUAlumni1990
10/4/2009, 12:19 AM
I believe it.

OUAlumni1990
10/4/2009, 12:20 AM
You should have said: hey, at least I have a girlfriend you fgt.

CK Sooner
Kevin should have came down and gotten the same treatment from them.

It's only fair.

Petro-Sooner
Not surprised at all.

OUAlumni1990
10/4/2009, 12:23 AM
If you are old enough to remember the 80's, you would see that nothing has changed in 20 years. Miami was the first team that I truley hated. They invented bad sportsmanship. The bad sportsmanship penalty? That rule was created because of Miami--->fact.

rawlingsHOH
10/4/2009, 12:23 AM
3rd world.

Soonerus
10/4/2009, 12:25 AM
scUM are next to LSU as worst fans ever....UM has like 1000 students, a ridiculously Small COLLEGE....no real fans....

Fraggle145
10/4/2009, 12:25 AM
Nothing compared to the coon a$$ losers in cajun town LSU

HolaKyle
10/4/2009, 12:26 AM
There was even a fan, when leaving, chanting "Who let the Canes out?"

It brought me back to 2000...

Idiots.

HolaKyle
10/4/2009, 12:31 AM
And if I didn't think it could get worse, their in stadium announcer is the worse. When stating anything, he has longer pauses then Jim Rome.

3 yard run... ... ... by Chris Brown... ... ... for Oklahoma... ... ... tacked by #91... ... ... Joe Joseph of the Hurricanes

I HONESTLY think it was to make sure that fans could keep up with the game. Any faster, and they would all be... ... ... lost.

bringit
10/4/2009, 12:37 AM
their fanbase is mostly soccer fans--cuban, haitian and other hispanics that live within a few mile radius of the stadium. soccer fans are usually pretty rowdy and hooligan.

SWFloridaSooner
10/4/2009, 05:54 PM
Last night was my first experience with Miami fans and it was the absolute worst football experience I have ever had. In 30 years of attending OU football games I have never left a game before the final buzzer, win, lose or draw, but last night when the other OU fans were leaving, my husband and I got in line because I was honestly afraid to be alone in the stands with the UM fans. At one point in the game I saw a couple of 30ish UM fans get into a screaming match with a 70ish OU fan. They were actually threatening the guy. Takes a lot of manhood to do that. I have no problem with people supporting their teams, even if they are passionate about it. I think you should be passionate about football. I personally feel like that is something we have been missing for the last few years, but I digress. BEFORE the game, we were looking for the OU tailgate and were trying to make our way through the Miami tailgaters. I wasn't sure we were going to make it through alive, especially when one fan started following me with a package of chicken feet screaming at me and shoving them in my face. After taking abuse like this and worse, about half way down the line of tailgaters, my dear husband stopped dead in his tracks and yelled BOOMER at the top of his lungs. You could have heard a pin drop and as soon as my heart started again I grabbed his arm, said "Sooner, now RUN" and we started to work our way out. One woman walked up to my husband and said "That was NOT a good idea". We just kept walking and a man came out, put his hand on my husbands shoulder and said "She's an OU alum, she wasn't talking ****, her son plays for Miami so that's why she is wearing Canes gear". We never found the OU tailgate as we decided closer to the HUNDREDS of security and police officers was a safer place to be if you were wearing red. Our whole experience was like that. Now, I must tell you, my husband is from Nebraska and is a Husker fan, but he supports OU in every game, except of course the OU/NU game. I was pretty proud of most of the OU fans, in the stadium and outside of it. There were a few who had a little too much to drink and were talking smack they probably wish they hadn't, but it wasn't awful, personal sh*t like was being hurled at them. My apologies for the rant, but I was really curious to see if anyone else experienced any of the same. Hola, I heard what you did and much worse.
One last rant, did anyone else see the Texas fans who came to the game just to try and get into a fight? I have never seen anyone try harder to pick a fight. Really?
I am disappointed in the outcome of the game, but quite honestly don't know how many Sooners would have made it out alive.
Boomer Sooner!

A Sooner in Texas
10/4/2009, 06:03 PM
Texas fans going to Land Shark to start fights? Classy as always.
The Orange Bowl - 1987 National Championship against the Canes...absolutely awful experience. Was spit on, had drinks thrown on us...there was a chain link fence separating our section separating us from Cane moron hooligans who were rushing the fence and screaming at us. Kinda scary. Nice to see the idiot Cane fans haven't changed.

westbrooke
10/4/2009, 06:28 PM
I remember being in Miami for the MNC of which we dare not speak. There were Miami fans at the game who were basically there just to talk smack about everybody. I have no idea why you would pay as much as they must have to get into the stadium just to do that. It said a lot about their fanbase. I'm glad you all made it out in one piece.

salth2o
10/4/2009, 08:10 PM
The Redhead and I made our first trip to Miami and I concur that it was the worst football experience I could have imagined. I knew that it was going to be a tough crowd, but the total lack of appreciation for the spirit of competition and classlessness of the majority of fans was sickening.

Around the 3rd quarter, The Redhead said she had never been to a football game and feared for her safety until last night. In fact, she did not leave her seat during the game despite needing to make a bathroom run.

I had one scumbag jump in my face yelling F.U...I never even flinched or reacted and just kept walking. The Redhead had a Da'U scumwhore jump in her face while giving da U sign...she almost suffered the wrath of The Redhead, but we kept walking.

I will never go back to Miami to watch OU play unless they are playing a non-Florida team.

One funny conversation we overheard from two 50ish scUM fans...This lady was on the phone with some other scum and said "Now you stop smoking weed tonight and don't get drunk...we got family day tomorrow" WTF?

TXBOOMER
10/4/2009, 08:28 PM
As a 20 year old, I attended the orange bowl in 1987 and upon exiting several African Americans were jumping up in OU fans faces and rapping Okla - Go - Homa repeatedly near the exit we went out of. A friend of mine pushed one of them and a riot nearly ensued but for some Miami cops jumping in and telling us to get our MFing A$$es out of there. Have hated them darn near as much as texass ever since.

Soonerus
10/4/2009, 08:29 PM
I have experienced both scUM in Miami and LSU fans and they are very close. The problem with scUM is they are not really fans...scUM has only about a 15-20K fan base but anytime they are half good and play a big game in Miami, every thug and hooligan in town gets drunk/high whatever, goes to the game and acts like scUM fans but their primary purpose is just to harass the opposing fans...It is real problem that any real university would clear up but scUM has shown their true class by never curing it...I think Florida ended their series with scUM years ago because of these recurring types of problems...

SWFloridaSooner
10/4/2009, 09:12 PM
What strikes me as sad about this is that our players don't get our support at the games because of "fans" who scare us away. I said the same thing after making it back to the hotel and locking the door, that I would never go back to a game in Miami. I felt bad for the boys because there were so few of us there, and if we play them again in Miami, I am sure there will be even fewer Sooner fans in seats. I know I probably would not have made the game if I were still in Oklahoma but I felt like I was close enough to make the drive and help cheer our boys on. It won't do any good, but I do plan on writing a letter to Randy Shannon to let him know that his "Good sportsmanship" clip they played at the beginning of the game was laughed at - by HIS fans.
Just a pat on the back for those Sooners in attendance, a random guy from our hotel rode next to us on the shuttle bus back to the hotel, he heard us talking and turned to a group of us and said that he had no stake in the game either way but he had to say that the OU fans showed sportsmanship and class and he said that he had experienced the same classless, violent crap with "U" fans before. I didn't ask who he was or where he was from. He did say this in front of U fans as well. He also gave props to Alabama, Nebraska and a couple of others.
Still proud to be a Sooner.

Rogue
10/4/2009, 09:25 PM
Wow, it does sound comparable to the reports I've heard about LSU fans.

For the record, January was a totallly different experience for me. The Gator fans were decent, not all southern hospitality or anything but friendly in a respectful opponent kind of way.

josh09
10/4/2009, 09:33 PM
Typical

josh09
10/4/2009, 09:34 PM
I mean, typical U fans. Pathetic.

Tear Down This Wall
10/4/2009, 10:33 PM
For the most part, our experience was what I expected - drunk, classless Miami fans, most of whom looked and acted as if they hadn't walked across a high school stage for a diploma much less darken the doorway of a college.

But, we sat next to Derrick Morse's dad, so our actual game experience wasn't bad. Morse played for Miami from 2004-2007 and started in the game we beat them 51-13. Anyway, Mr. Morse was a good guy and gracious.

After the game, the drunks and Haitians were at it again, but we did stop at some tailgates and were offered food and drink, and had some decent football talk from the better of the 'Cane fans.

Look, there's good and bad in every crowd. We were embarrased by the drunk OU couple in front of us who were yelling "Miami sucks" in front of their child. Real classy. Not real proud that we also have fans out there who are showing their young kids that it's okay to be drunk in public and yell derogatory things.

Every school had its poor sports. Yes, even we do. I hope we don't get near those type again. The vast majority of our fellow OU fans aren't like that. And, I'm glad we sat next to a Miami fan that was respectful as well.

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 10:40 PM
Look, there's good and bad in every crowd. We were embarrased by the drunk OU couple in front of us who were yelling "Miami sucks" in front of their child. Real classy. Not real proud that we also have fans out there who are showing their young kids that it's okay to be drunk in public and yell derogatory things.

That why I make mine wear da ear muffs

47straight
10/4/2009, 10:57 PM
Fiesta Bowl in 2006, there were several Texas fans in my section talking ****. Can't go anywhere.

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 11:00 PM
It's been tough taking my young kids to games but I think they have quickly realized that many folks really love the Sooners and that very few get out of hand to the point they are hauled off to jail.

They were very good about giving the down whorns while in texas last year. I really got taken aback when they did it to the whorn playas at the hotel in Richardson. :D

unbiasedtruth
10/5/2009, 03:23 AM
heck I didnt have any problems with the Canes fans. I dont know if it had to do with the AK-47 on my lap and the RPG slung across my back, but I was treat with the utmost respect.....

HolaKyle
10/5/2009, 09:47 AM
In 30 years of attending OU football games I have never left a game before the final buzzer, win, lose or draw, but last night when the other OU fans were leaving, my husband and I got in line because I was honestly afraid to be alone in the stands with the UM fans.

Same here! I honestly felt bad for leaving, but I think my team will appreciate that I am alive to make it to another OU game, instead of supporting them while Miami is kneeling the ball.

And I guess it now makes sense on why the fans are all crazy. If they are all soccer fans, they bring the "soccer hospitality" to the games...

picasso
10/5/2009, 10:31 AM
One of their fans was flipping off the flag of Oklahoma during the national anthem at our game in Norman in '07.

That pretty much sums it up for you.

OUMallen
10/5/2009, 12:27 PM
Nothing compared to the coon a$$ losers in cajun town LSU

I don't know, CB, the scUM fans are pretty god awful.

Jdog
10/5/2009, 12:55 PM
Back in 87, the first date with my future wife was to a orange bowl watch party - was at a bar in Breckenridge CO. one room in the bar was full of Canes, and the other was full of sooners.
Canes had a chant that they would holler: "woosh woosh we got some canes over here" - and they would repeat it over and over and over again.

After a Miami score their group came over to our room screaming their chant.
and we sooner fans joined along, with one minor change. We chanted "woosh woosh they got cocaine over there". They all shut up and half left the bar and the other have went back to their party room. that was the best response to a teams chant - until the chants of OOOOkalaaahooomaaaaa during FSU'sTomahawk chop chant at the 2000 Orange bowl.

IronHorseSooner
10/5/2009, 01:00 PM
I have been coast to coast, and scUm fans are worse than FLA, UTerus, OSU, tOSU, SUC, or Michigan. This just isn't from me. I was at the ACC Title Game last year, and VT fans said this after I commented about UTerus and OSU fans. I then had to agree with them. Modern day bad sportsmanship by football teams can be attributed in good part to them. As another poster said, the 15-yard unsportsmanlike celebration penalty, due to them. The NFL started to get really bad back in the 80s and 90s when these jackaloons started getting into the league. I have found that if you want to unite most fan bases as to whom they dislike the most, thUg is right up there (along with SUC and UTerus, but for different reasons). Heck, my mother in-law in Syracuse, upon telling her that I was an OU fan said, "well, at least you are not a Miami fan."

cheezyq
10/5/2009, 01:28 PM
They don't tolerate poor sportsmanship, they promote it...and falsely label it as "swagger". Swagger, to Duh U fans, is getting into a 20-player helmet-swinging brawl against a pathetic Florida International team.

TexasLidig8r
10/5/2009, 01:29 PM
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs250.snc1/9720_142193897004_99307042004_2738024_6668120_n.jp g

I'm sure this didn't help.

The U
10/5/2009, 01:55 PM
Quit winning, Miami is a great family and inviting environment! []___[]

Mississippi Sooner
10/5/2009, 01:58 PM
This is what happens when you have a bunch of bandwagon thugs, rather than actual alumni of the university, making up the core of the fan base. It shows every time.

SoonerNate
10/5/2009, 03:07 PM
Safe at last! I'm glad I made it back to the hotel in one piece.

So the fans tonight we about as classy as you would expect out of Miami.

The following are observations made at the game:

Da U fans running into the face of OU fans and holding up their hands to make a "U."

Da U fans making chants of "Boomer Loser"

Da U fans yelling at me "Hey! Your girlfriend is fat!" Yes, seriously.

I could go on, but why get mad at something you expect.

Everything Kyle says is spot on accurate. When we went up 10 they stfu. Once they got back in the game they became hemorroids. I almost got into 3 separate fights trying to get back to my car.

These fans are deploreable. Why? Well, win they lose they flat don't show up. Whennever they win they act like they were there all along. As long as my heart beats I will cheer as loudly against Miami as I do against Texas.

No reason to get up in the faces of 65 year old fans. When I saw that I got in the middle of it.

HolaKyle
10/5/2009, 04:09 PM
This is what happens when you have a bunch of bandwagon thugs, rather than actual alumni of the university, making up the core of the fan base. It shows every time.

You mean actual alumni DO exist?

Pigface1
10/5/2009, 04:20 PM
Swagger, to Duh U fans, is getting into a 20-player helmet-swinging brawl against a pathetic Florida International team.

lol "Das what I'm talkin' about! Not in da OB baby! Not in da OB!!"

I grew up in OKC, but left to go play small college baseball in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami in the early 90s when Miami was still a powerhouse. In 95 I think it was, I had the pleasure of watching Nebraska dismantle them in "da OB."

Their fans are fair weather as they get.

OUAlumni1990
10/5/2009, 04:24 PM
You mean actual alumni DO exist?

All 10 of them :D

Chiliman
10/5/2009, 04:38 PM

I would tend to agree. My wife and I are in our 50s and we met several alumni (30-60 years old) who were very gracious. However, the vast majority of U fans I encountered were drunk, profane, obnoxious and certainly could not have obtained a degree from an academic institution such as Miami. I was thanked several times for spending my money in Florida. The economy there is struggling. The whole damn place is practically for sale! Thank God I live in Oklahoma, the center of earth!

Phil
10/5/2009, 04:53 PM
I actually e-mailed the Miami AD (who used to be in development at the OUAD) and copied Joe C about the environment there, how it was fueled by alcohol, and how somebody is gonna get hurt. I have never thought I was in physical danger at a game until Saturday night.

IronHorseSooner
10/5/2009, 04:55 PM
The economy down here stinks. I have a good friend who is a Cane grad, and he is not one of those that many of you encountered. He complains like many of you that is it not the tried and true fans of theirs that are the issue, it is the common street trash that have nothing better to do on a Saturday night but to give their team a bad rep. Shannon has cleaned that program up, and I think Coker wanted to do that. Sadly, Smellsofbourbon and Hairpiece Jimmy allowed so much jackarse behavior, I don't think that they could ever live that down.

Johnny Utah
10/5/2009, 05:33 PM
The economy down here stinks. I have a good friend who is a Cane grad, and he is not one of those that many of you encountered. He complains like many of you that is it not the tried and true fans of theirs that are the issue, it is the common street trash that have nothing better to do on a Saturday night but to give their team a bad rep. Shannon has cleaned that program up, and I think Coker wanted to do that. Sadly, Smellsofbourbon and Hairpiece Jimmy allowed so much jackarse behavior, I don't think that they could ever live that down.

aka swamp trash :cool:

salth2o
10/5/2009, 09:22 PM
I actually e-mailed the Miami AD (who used to be in development at the OUAD) and copied Joe C about the environment there, how it was fueled by alcohol, and how somebody is gonna get hurt. I have never thought I was in physical danger at a game until Saturday night.

I am going to follow your lead and do the same.

soonerinkeywest
10/6/2009, 01:16 AM
Well here was mine....Most of them were ok(Maybe because my buddy was a "U" Fan that I was with.I was wearing an OU Jersey and one guy walked by me and made a refrence about Sam and a family meMber(pure class)...The worst was when my friend and I were walking to the stadium and A group of Cane fans were standing around one grabbed me by my Jersey and wiped his shoe on it...as I posted on the Scoop the guy looked like John Coffey from"The Green Mile"and when I pulled myself away his boys about 4 or 5 started taunting me all of them big guys outweighed and definitely outmanned lol. Ive had Dolphin season Tickets for 2 years(Not this year)I refuse to give that stadium another dime.I hoped even more that OU would win so it would be worth it and well.....

prrriiide
10/6/2009, 01:36 AM
I wasn't there Saturday, nor do I EVER plan to attends a game in Miami again.

True story time:

1987 I was in The Pride and we were playing ThugU for the NC in the old Orange Bowl. If you'll recall, the old OB was U-shaped with wooden bleachers across the south EZ. The Pride was placed in the NE corner of the north EZ. During the game, we watched as Miami fans were getting arrested for urinating off of the upper deck onto the OU fans below them. In the band, we experienced all manner of crap thrown on us...hot dogs, beer, sodas, nachos. I'm actually surprised one of those cretins didn't drop poo on us.

soonerinkeywest
10/6/2009, 01:49 AM
Damn,guess it could have been worse.I was just an 8 year old cussing out the T..V for that game OB 87.Man I wanted to beat them so bad ,2007 was good but it didnt exercise those demons enough.I will say as I humbly exited the stadium I got some pats on the back from their fans and a drunk Cane fan even hugged me and said you all have a good team lol.So I guess not all bad.Im sure they were way worse in the JJ era.

spatton713
10/8/2009, 12:14 PM
my expierence was also incredible. I was with one other sooner and were both 21, we had to walk through the parking lot fulll of canes boooing yelling ou sucks, **** stoops, c-a-n-e-s canes, it feels great to be a miami hurricane, sounding horns in our face, 95% were all drunk and there were actually alot of grown men who looked like they were about to fall over from being sooo wasted I was like omfg, and then had to walk through allll the tailgaters and i was just prolly on the wrong side but there was not one ou fan in the midst and we had to do that all over again but worse...during the game we were right above the student section of miami and i swear we were the only 2 ou fans i could see in the entire section, there was a group of about 4 or 5 guys behind us that would not shut up, every time miami had the ball they were just like look at that guy sooo cool, sooo calm, soo collected, so poised, man jacory is bada$$, and seriously i know everyone bitc** about the refs including me, BUT every single flag they bitc*** like id never seen, saying these are big 12 refs, stoops paid them off, go back to OU, *uck ou, *uck all these pu$$ies, they need every call they can get, were gonna work them, and then anytime ANYONE was hurn including a cane they would yell get them off the f*n field ...i was just in awe...after the game i knew we were gonna get in a fight they were hundred of canes yelling at us and seriously getting in our faces booing and chanting i really wanted to lay them out...there was one guy at the exit who said "I know, I know, seriously no bradford,no gresham, broyles out...yall woulda beat our *** good game" then while walking back to the car by the street there were cars swerving at us on the sidewalk and throwing **** at us.....I really was like i cant beleive this...worst fans ive ever seen bar none...but like i said ever seen lol

Phil
10/8/2009, 01:40 PM
I am going to follow your lead and do the same.

He actually sent me an email last night apologizing and saying the behavior we were subjected to was not right.

Eddie Adams
10/8/2009, 04:33 PM
Last Saturday night was the first time I was ever concerned for my safety at a sporting event. Before the game my friends and I had to walk through a bunch of Miami tailgaters to get to the OU tailgate party and get our tickets. I expected some trash talk, but their thug fans actually starting shoving us. That was my first physical altercation at a sporting event. Normally I wouldn't put up with such behavior without some retaliation, but we were so outnumbered, we got the hell out of there.

After the game, we encountered a seemingly endless succession of classless, trash talking thug u fans all the way back to our hotel room. None of us had any clothes without an OU logo, so we staying in and got food delivered. How rediculous is that, we were afraid to leave our hotel room. Thug U and it's fans can all go to hell.