PDA

View Full Version : Mr Stoops, can we have our $4m back?

soonernija
10/3/2009, 11:30 PM
Please send it to me,

Meni

Hee hee

Petro-Sooner
10/3/2009, 11:45 PM
I dont give to my hard earned money to them so I'm fine.

rawlingsHOH
10/3/2009, 11:46 PM
Either does Meni. He's bandwagon to the max!

sendbaht
10/4/2009, 12:00 AM
come on...what do you expect for 4M? :)

Sooner Eclipse
10/4/2009, 12:34 AM
Please send it to me,

Meni

Hee hee

Here's an idea --- make a movie with you, a rumpled, smelly fat guy who wraps crime tape around the entrance to the Switzer center and demands his money back and a citizens arrest of Stoops.

Yeah, I'd pay to see that....:rolleyes:

Denver_Sooner
10/4/2009, 12:35 AM
I dont give to my hard earned money to them so I'm fine.

Are you not a taxpayer in the state of Oklahoma?

Last I checked the population of Oklahoma was somewhere around 3 million. So if you were to get a refund from Stoops, that comes to $1.33 for every man woman and child in Oklahoma LOL...:)

Mjcpr
10/4/2009, 12:37 AM

Last I checked the population of Oklahoma was somewhere around 3 million. So if you were to get a refund from Stoops, that comes to $1.33 for every man woman and child in Oklahoma LOL...:)

Except that taxpayer dollars do not pay his salary or fund any other part of the athletic department's budget.

Petro-Sooner
10/4/2009, 12:40 AM
The way I understand it, and I could be wrong, OU athletics are in a place where they do not need tax payer money, ie the university/state.

Regardless........

tommieharris91
10/4/2009, 12:44 AM
Mr Gundy, can we have our 2.25M back?

See, if you aren't an OU donor and you had wrote this, it would have worked.

rainiersooner
10/4/2009, 12:52 AM
yeah and the other coaches you probably want to hire don't work for free.

I hate these kind of threads.

rawlingsHOH
10/4/2009, 01:10 AM

Meni lives in New Hampshire.

wishbonesooner
10/4/2009, 05:16 AM
come on...what do you expect for 4M? :)

That is a great post. Unfortunately, none of us want to face it, but it's what needs to be asked by every fan of our program. Bob needs a fire lit under his ***.

Okie35
10/4/2009, 05:18 AM
That is a great post. Unfortunately, none of us want to face it, but it's what needs to be asked by every fan of our program. Bob needs a fire lit under his ***.

Why do ppl care about his money?! That's my question. I could careless about how much he makes. I just want ships. That's it and I know he can still provide that. OU is still dominant in the Big 12. Yea I know every loss is a failure but still. The year we're third in the Big 12 or don't have 10 wins (besides the time Bomar and Quinn ****ed everything up), I'll ask that question.

UTsucks
10/4/2009, 05:28 AM
Why do ppl care about his money?! That's my question. I could careless about how much he makes. I just want ships. That's it and I know he can still provide that. OU is still dominant in the Big 12. Yea I know every loss is a failure but still. The year we're third in the Big 12 or don't have 10 wins (besides the time Bomar and Quinn ****ed everything up), I'll ask that question.

Your right he could make 10 million for all I care. What I do care is he can't win outside of Norman. OU is the running joke at the party now. OU is like Ohio State "can't win the big game" Big game Bob gets paid to win national titles. Lose to Texass again this year and yes it's time to start asking some serious questions. Programs change, people change look at MAC he made changes. It's time for BIG GAME BOB to wake up or take his 4 million and go to the NFL. :pop:

Bosley
10/4/2009, 05:37 AM
Careful guys, it would be very easy for us to become a Michigan, Notre Dame, Nebraska or Florida State.

Instead of losing in the national title game every year we'd be losing in the usuck.com bowl in late december.

Maybe some changes need to be made, but he's a great recruiter, a classy dude with a great family and outlook on life, he's a great member of the community. Oh yah, and he's lost two ****ing games in Norman his entire tenure at OU. Coaches like that dont grow on trees and throwing 4 million at anyone else isn't going to win championships either. Les Miles recently won a MNC but when I think of him on my sideline and Bob there is absolutely no comparison in class.

Since71ASooner4Life
10/4/2009, 05:47 AM
Another awesome thread.

Two 1-point lossed to quality opponents with The Heismann Trophy winner, and an NFL bound TE sitting on the sideline (throw in our best wide out tonight for good measure) and all the experts want to fire the coach who's had us in the National title game 4 times in 9 years.

Awesome guys!

ashley
10/4/2009, 07:31 AM
Another awesome thread.

Two 1-point lossed to quality opponents with The Heismann Trophy winner, and an NFL bound TE sitting on the sideline (throw in our best wide out tonight for good measure) and all the experts want to fire the coach who's had us in the National title game 4 times in 9 years.

Awesome guys!

Thanks, someone who realizes when you don't have your All Mamerican QB and TE it is not going to be the same. No one looks the same when you don't have them. Why is this so hard to figure out? Your passing game, run game, and defense are all affected.

budbarrybob
10/4/2009, 08:48 AM
Another awesome thread.

Awesome guys!

Werd!

wishbonesooner
10/4/2009, 09:20 AM
The point is, Bob Stoops himself told all of us there would be no excuses when he came her in 99, did he not? He said we shouldn't thank him for winning a national championship, we should expect it from him.
Sure, anybody with eyes can see we played without our big weapons. The old Bob could find a way to fire up the guys that were left.

oksoonerdave
10/4/2009, 09:38 AM
Ya want the previous head coach to come back?

Stoops has done a great job here at OU. His coordinators are less than stellar. Bob was a great defensive coach and BV could learn from a lot from him. Unfortunately the best DC went to Arizona.

KW on the other hand is in world of his own and him and reality will never meet. Some say that he led the greatest offense in college football. With the All America O line he had last year, a buffoon could have done what he did. However, this is this year and his great O Line is not there nor does it seem like it will be there for some time.

This does not bode well for us Oct 17.