SOONER44EVER
10/3/2009, 11:02 PM
4-6 weeks. Fractured shoulder.

Petro-Sooner
10/3/2009, 11:03 PM
OU is average

Pricetag
10/3/2009, 11:05 PM
We're frightfully close to a 2001-type offense, only we don't have a 2001-type defense.

iwannabelikesam
10/3/2009, 11:06 PM
**** this ****

IronSooner
10/3/2009, 11:19 PM
I'd say we're frightfully close to a 2005 record, if not a 1999 one

Hotrod3157
10/3/2009, 11:25 PM
Dang it!! The hits just keep comin.

bringit
10/3/2009, 11:26 PM
3 more losses I'm afraid. No playmakers on offense remain. :(

GottaHavePride
10/3/2009, 11:33 PM
Do we have any verification on this?

CK Sooner
10/3/2009, 11:35 PM

Yes, it is now being reported on the pay sites.

Shoulder Blade 4-6 weeks.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/3/2009, 11:35 PM
trainwreck.

TXBOOMER
10/3/2009, 11:37 PM
If this is true we are in serious trouble. I just hear them say 4 - 6 weeks on the animal.

tulsaoilerfan
10/3/2009, 11:38 PM
3 more losses I'm afraid. No playmakers on offense remain. :(

Then someone sure the hell has ****ed up in recruiting offensive players then; i find it hard to believe that a program like OU is as pathetically bad on offense as they are this season

MyT Oklahoma
10/3/2009, 11:40 PM
**** this ****

^^ Exactly!

SOONER44EVER
10/3/2009, 11:41 PM

Yes. I was in the lockerroom, read the x-rays and diagnosed it. :D

Nah. I heard it on the sportsanimal immediately after the game.

VA Sooner
10/4/2009, 01:13 AM
4-6 weeks?????

No more playmakers left. We're a decimated team who is depending on coaching and some newbies to step up.

Caleb, Kenney, Miller and Calhoun.

We'll run a team of seniors on crutches or freshmen hungry for playing time... not a tough choice.

4-6 weeks... damn that hurts.

rawlingsHOH
10/4/2009, 01:14 AM
OU is average

Above average.

Gresho Murford
10/4/2009, 11:12 AM
Then someone sure the hell has ****ed up in recruiting offensive players then; i find it hard to believe that a program like OU is as pathetically bad on offense as they are this season

its not that our WRs aren't talented, its that they are extemely inexperienced

sooner518
10/4/2009, 11:21 AM
this season is just a nightmare. I cant imagine 3 worse players we could lose due to injury than Gresham, Sam and Broyles.

Gresho Murford
10/5/2009, 09:59 AM
any new info?

Mjcpr
10/5/2009, 10:03 AM
any new info?

Now they are saying 3 weeks and 5 days to 5 weeks and 5 days.

flopshotjoe99
10/5/2009, 10:07 AM
when it rains, it pours.:(

w0lfe
10/5/2009, 10:34 AM
This is truly unbelievable. I have never seen any team in any sport lose this many star players.

Gresho Murford
10/5/2009, 10:35 AM
Was it just me or did it come to a complete surprise when the announcers started talking about Broyles being hurt? I thought they meant to say Gresham.

bearfan08
10/5/2009, 10:44 AM
I know stoops doesn't like to play young backups even in blowout games (just what I heard not sure if entirely true) do you think he regrets that now with all the injury crap happening.

FaninAma
10/5/2009, 10:55 AM
Hell yeah! Let's just keep scheduling the BYU's
and Miami's of the world in the same year while
Texas is scheduling the weak sisters of the blind.
Then let's see who is more banged up going into
the RRS each year.

westbrooke
10/5/2009, 10:58 AM
Was it just me or did it come to a complete surprise when the announcers started talking about Broyles being hurt? I thought they meant to say Gresham.

Yes, I was shocked. I was in a bar where I couldn't hear much what the announcers were saying anyway, but then I see Broyles in a sling. All of a sudden, three of our four best offensive weapons are standing on the sidelines in street clothes.

Gresho Murford
10/5/2009, 11:00 AM
Im wondering more and more why Jaz Reynolds redshirt was pulled

Pigface1
10/5/2009, 11:09 AM
Every single year we have injuries. I can't remember the last time there were no injuries for a bowl game.

When Mark Clayton went to the NFL, he said their workouts were pretty much a joke compared to what they were at OU. At some point you have to wonder if they're over-worked.

stoopified
10/5/2009, 11:25 AM
While I understand the frustration over the close losses and injuries,I would point out the situation is far from hopeless.We do still have playmakers in Murray,Brown,and emerging playmakers in Madu,Caleb,Kenney.Granted we only have 2 weeks to get ready for UT,we do hsve 7 and 8 weeks to get ready for osu and TT.All other games are winnable with this defense and even minor offensive improvement with a healthy Sam.By the time we play TT and osu our line will be more experienced and our offense should be healthier.Hopefully we will have developed some more weapons in the meantime.In any case I still think we have the talent and coaching to win 10 games.

Mjcpr
10/5/2009, 11:27 AM
Im wondering more and more why Jaz Reynolds redshirt was pulled

Yes. And I think the same question is asked every year about several players.

Boomer.....
10/5/2009, 01:16 PM
2-4 weeks per SI (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/10/05/oklahoma.broyles.ap/index.html)

DakotaSooner
10/5/2009, 01:19 PM
Above average.

I would say 2 and 2 is average

DakotaSooner
10/5/2009, 01:19 PM
2-4 weeks per SI (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/10/05/oklahoma.broyles.ap/index.html)

Oh, just like Bradford?

kustang619
10/5/2009, 01:35 PM
Did anyone see exactly how the injury occurred? I never remember seeing him leave the game, I noticed that Moses was in, but I never saw the injury happen...

stoopified
10/5/2009, 01:42 PM
Did anyone see exactly how the injury occurred? I never remember seeing him leave the game, I noticed that Moses was in, but I never saw the injury happen...I missed it too.I watched the playback and Bob said Ryan came down wrong on his shoulder on his pass reception.I saw that play at the time but didn't think the way he landed was anything unusual.

goingoneight
10/5/2009, 01:45 PM
Every single year we have injuries. I can't remember the last time there were no injuries for a bowl game.

When Mark Clayton went to the NFL, he said their workouts were pretty much a joke compared to what they were at OU. At some point you have to wonder if they're over-worked.

At some point, fans have to realize that bones can break, ligaments can tear and sometimes a premier playmaker gets knocked silly. It just never seems to happens when we're up 40 points on happless underdogs. When was the last time Texas lost a QB for four games?

MamaMia
10/5/2009, 02:04 PM
I'm so glad I'm a girl because I can cry whenever I want to. :(

kustang619
10/5/2009, 02:15 PM
A year or so ago Texas Tech had a field goal kicking contest and the winner joined the team...Maybe this is what we need to do to help our quarterback out. We can have some type of contest at halftime to replenish the receiving core...

unbiasedtruth
10/5/2009, 02:22 PM
Did anyone see exactly how the injury occurred? I never remember seeing him leave the game, I noticed that Moses was in, but I never saw the injury happen...

I missed it too.I watched the playback and Bob said Ryan came down wrong on his shoulder on his pass reception.I saw that play at the time but didn't think the way he landed was anything unusual.

1st pass play of the game, LJ rolled to his left hit RB for about a 15-20 yard gain or so as RB was tackled he hit the ground on his left shoulder and we he got up he immediately went running to the sideline with his left arm dangling. Turned to my wife and said thats either a break or seperation.

sooner94
10/5/2009, 02:29 PM
Man, I almost feel like I'm going to get a shoulder injury just watching an OU game.

Sometimes things just don't go your way. This season is one of those times for the Sooners.

bearfan08
10/5/2009, 03:09 PM
Man, I almost feel like I'm going to get a shoulder injury just watching an OU game.

Sometimes things just don't go your way. This season is one of those times for the Sooners.

boo freaking hoo. Try being a Baylor fan and having your program turner out for the year with a knee injury and the second string (only QB on roster with college experience) banged up. Try having 3DBs (position with least depth) injured and 2 of them done for the year. All this in a year were it was supposed to be turned around and the promised land was to be achieved. Cry me a freaking river. When you face true adversity come and talk to me.

rawlingsHOH
10/5/2009, 03:10 PM
boo freaking hoo. Try being a Baylor fan and having your program turner out for the year with a knee injury and the second string (only QB on roster with college experience) banged up. Try having 3DBs (position with least depth) injured and 2 of them done for the year. All this in a year were it was supposed to be turned around and the promised land was to be achieved. Cry me a freaking river. When you face true adversity come and talk to me.

But Sooner games matter.

Widescreen
10/5/2009, 03:11 PM

I understand what you're saying. But in the big scheme of things, OU's chances of playing for a national championship trumps Baylor's chance to go to the whocares.com bowl.

jmr_77
10/5/2009, 04:25 PM

True adversity huh? You lost your program turner, which is a sad occurence, but he was not the Heisman trophy winner. You did not lose the best TE in the country the week of your season opener. You did not lose your best receiver 1/3 of the way through your season. Football is a contact sport, and injuries will happen and hurt programs. Programs just have to suck it up and roll with the punches, continue to compete hard and get better! This has been a rough start for both Baylor and OU, but I don't think either has been "True Adversity." True adversity is what our military faces day in and day out, fighting for our freedoms thousands of miles from home, so we can argue and complain about our teams.

TXBOOMER
10/5/2009, 04:55 PM
True adversity huh? You lost your program turner, which is a sad occurence, but he was not the Heisman trophy winner. You did not lose the best TE in the country the week of your season opener. You did not lose your best receiver 1/3 of the way through your season. Football is a contact sport, and injuries will happen and hurt programs. Programs just have to suck it up and roll with the punches, continue to compete hard and get better! This has been a rough start for both Baylor and OU, but I don't think either has been "True Adversity." True adversity is what our military faces day in and day out, fighting for our freedoms thousands of miles from home, so we can argue and complain about our teams.

I'm one of those vets that has been over seas fighting for our freedoms. This OU situation is true adversity to me. BOOMER!

CK Sooner
10/5/2009, 05:00 PM
I don't know if it has already been posted, but they are saying that it will be 2-4 weeks now instead of the 4-6.

tommieharris91
10/5/2009, 05:04 PM
I don't know if it has already been posted, but they are saying that it will be 2-4 weeks now instead of the 4-6.

I saw that on the ESPN bottomline.

soonervegas
10/5/2009, 05:05 PM
Is that 2 from last Saturday? :)

BoulderSooner79
10/5/2009, 06:30 PM

That's great news. When I saw the play and the way he got pile-driven into the turf with a guy on his back, I thought "broken collar bone".

SCxxSOONER
10/5/2009, 09:32 PM
When it rains it pours

Sooner70
10/5/2009, 10:19 PM
What's the specific nature of his injury? Does it require surgery, or is this just rest/recuperation treatment.

Kenney is emerging is a major receiving factor.

sooner94
10/5/2009, 11:20 PM

Seriously? Make a comment like that when you actually have a respectable football team. What was Baylor's goal this year, the Freedom Bowl?

Not to be arrogant (which means I'm being arrogant), but I'm talking about a team that had NC aspirations coming into the season. You are not.

Yeah, Griffith is a great player and you lost some other key players, but freakin Baylor?!?!?!

Come on.

gaylordfan1
10/6/2009, 08:27 AM
Well, lets see what Jaz Reynolds can do! Its time to prep a new playmaker with meaningful playing time.

Gresho Murford
10/6/2009, 10:12 AM
Well, lets see what Jaz Reynolds can do! Its time to prep a new playmaker with meaningful playing time.

I was hoping we would seem him in the last game after Broyles went out. I mean they saw something in him to burn his redshirt in a meaningless game. Why not throw him out against miami and see what he can do?