PDA

View Full Version : Coordinators

soonervegas
10/3/2009, 11:02 PM
I have been on the Venables bashing bandwagon and he came though with flying colors tonight. But I have room for one more.....Kevin Wilson step right up.

I am very, very confident that these two do not have the skillset to bring home number 8.

Defend away.....

MyT Oklahoma
10/3/2009, 11:04 PM
^^ Duly seconded.

Okie35
10/3/2009, 11:07 PM
I don't care anymore. I'm numb. I was more pissed at what Kevin Wilson was calling than the defense. Except for that touchdown after the timeout.

SoonerTroll
I am putting myself up for offensive coordinator and will on charge 40k....

IronHorseSooner
No defense here for Wilson. On D, BJW is the problem. The best Offense mind on the staff is Josh, and I think the best mind on the D is Shipp. Would we be better off with those guys in charge?

SoonerTroll
10/3/2009, 11:08 PM
I am putting myself up for offensive coordinator and will only charge 40k....

SOONER44EVER
10/3/2009, 11:10 PM
And of course Traber and Eschbach are defending the coaches. Its ALWAYS the players fault.

Jdog
10/3/2009, 11:16 PM
No defense here for Wilson. On D, BJW is the problem. The best Offense mind on the staff is Josh, and I think the best mind on the D is Shipp. Would we be better off with those guys in charge?

Wilson's defense is that there are new guys everywhere - for every game.

There is no excuse for the Defense - except the coachs. They need to be held accountable.

Why are we having so many personal fouls?

IronSooner
10/3/2009, 11:18 PM
And of course Traber and Eschbach are defending the coaches. Its ALWAYS the players fault.

Yeah, because this doesn't happen every year regardless of players. It's gotta be the players.

GottaHavePride
10/3/2009, 11:22 PM
I thought the defense did fine. If the offense hadn't left so many points on the field, Miami's back would have been broken and they wouldn't have scored as many as they did.

And the offense's problems are mostly on the OL. If Landry had had enough time to throw, the receivers might have done OK tonight.

Johnny Utah
10/3/2009, 11:34 PM
Wilson's defense is that there are new guys everywhere - for every game.

There is no excuse for the Defense - except the coachs. They need to be held accountable.

Why are we having so many personal fouls?

So how did Bama replace 3 (very good) starters on the OL plus an ok QB and still be able to dominate as they've done?

SOONER44EVER
10/3/2009, 11:37 PM
Yeah, because this doesn't happen every year regardless of players. It's gotta be the players.

Its because the coaches are their buddies and they won't say anything bad about them because if they do they won't get interviews and inside info.

Cinco Ranch Cougar
10/3/2009, 11:41 PM
They should all pay us their money back except for minimum wage. That's all they deserve.

MyT Oklahoma
10/3/2009, 11:44 PM
So how did Bama replace 3 (very good) starters on the OL plus an ok QB and still be able to dominate as they've done?

Hmmmm.. in part because they don't have Kevin Wilson?

getrdone
10/3/2009, 11:52 PM
there is an old quote that goes "we are putting our jobs on the line for kids who can't remember to take out the trash"

it is frustrating, but sometimes the other team is better and the other team makes the plays. been a die hard fan for as long as I can remember, but there are 117 div. 1 teams, it's hard to win it all every year.

give you prime example-I am a fb coach-have a kid who has played de for me for two years now-this week first half he couldn't line up in a 5 tech to save his life-off ran bootleg twice and he is twisting over weak-side A gap-can't figure out for the life of me why. finally in second half he figures it out-play a 5 tech. and maintain outside contain.

people- be thankful we are 3-2 and have won 3 big 12 titles in a row-after all we could be tech or i-state and never have a prayer of winning one.

Johnny Utah
10/3/2009, 11:56 PM
Hmmmm.. in part because they don't have Kevin Wilson?

I would have to agree with you at this time as much as it "pains" me. What else could we attribute it to?

meoveryouxinfinity
10/4/2009, 12:00 AM
You guys need to relax. We're Oklahoma. This year we have had a WHACKY start with some of the most ridiculous injuries ever. Who would've thought we would have to watch Landry Jones throwing to Cameron Kenney...in the first quarter? We thought we would have Sam & Gresh for the year, maybe Sam & definitely Broyles for the night. Crazy stuff happens. The only place we screwed up is not recruiting more guys to anchor the offensive line. Of course, we run off o-linemen like there's no McDonald's in town, but ya'know.

I think we should've thrown the ball down the field more tonight, but hindsight is 20/20. Maybe Landry Jones was checking down a lot and having to go through all his progressions. We lit Miami up through the air on the first possession then on the ground the second possession. They toughened up and we couldn't get either in a rhythm. Like I said, you are only as good as your weakest link (offensive line). And they are weak, very weak.

1. This team CAN win on the road. You Negative Nancys are forgetting trips to Kyle Field, Colombia, and Stillwater. Are we a different team on the road? Yes. And we should be. You should be more conservative. It's loud, it's packed, it's a nervous atmosphere.
2. Are Miami and BYU respectable losses? This year, who is? Washington? I think there is not really a top 10 right now. Not even a true top 25 even.
3. Can we beat Texas/ win the Big XII/ go to a BCS bowl? No. It won't happen so don't get your hopes up. If we score 1 million on Baylor, DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/4/2009, 12:34 AM
I have been on the Venables bashing bandwagon and he came though with flying colors tonight. But I have room for one more.....Kevin Wilson step right up.

I am very, very confident that these two do not have the skillset to bring home number 8.

Defend away.....I don't really see anything wrong with this post. Maybe only to ask why coach Stoops can't see the problem and take appropriate action.