SOONER44EVER
10/3/2009, 11:00 PM
Twice!!!!!

Petro-Sooner
10/3/2009, 11:01 PM
How are the BB guys looking?

fadada1
10/3/2009, 11:02 PM
alex, i'll take "which offense has instantaneously regressed back to joe dickinson" for $1000.

GrapevineSooner
10/3/2009, 11:05 PM
Ohh, ohhh...SCREEN PASS!!!!

soonervegas
10/3/2009, 11:08 PM
Its called playing to lose...

Fraggle145
10/4/2009, 12:20 AM
Delay draw.

HolaKyle
10/4/2009, 12:23 AM
fall on the ground and act injured to buy more time for your defense?

yermom
10/4/2009, 12:24 AM
give up the big play

oh, you meant the offense :O

mightysooner
10/4/2009, 12:24 AM
Delay draw for no gain and them punt and plAy field position. woohoo!

IronHorseSooner
10/4/2009, 12:25 AM
alex, i'll take "which offense has instantaneously regressed back to joe dickinson" for $1000.

Quote of the night! KW is not coaching to win.

Fraggle145
10/4/2009, 12:27 AM
give up the big play

When you are on the field the whole ****ing game becuase your no huddle sucks dick with the delay draw...

rainiersooner
10/4/2009, 12:50 AM
As I was putting my six year old son to bed (he had watched the game with me - cheered with me, screamed with me, tore his hair out with me)...he said [bear with me and imagine the stuttering of a 6 year old]: "Dad, you know...I feel like...there was some times when...we got a first down...and then...we did that thing, where you know they hand the ball to the guy...and then the guy ran the ball right in the middle...and there were a lot of people jumping on him...." Pause..."and I was thinking...run to the side."

He's only six...so what does he know?

soonermix
10/4/2009, 12:53 AM
As I was putting my six year old son to bed (he had watched the game with me - cheered with me, screamed with me, tore his hair out with me)...he said [bear with me and imagine the stuttering of a 6 year old]: "Dad, you know...I feel like...there was some times when...we got a first down...and then...we did that thing, where you know they hand the ball to the guy...and then the guy ran the ball right in the middle...and there were a lot of people jumping on him...." Pause..."and I was thinking...run to the side."

more than kevin wilson

SPuL
10/4/2009, 01:35 AM
give up the big play

:(

BoomerSooner, esq.
10/4/2009, 08:29 AM
Before last night, I just rolled my eyes everyone said something about getting rid of KW. After last night, I am firmly on that bandwagon.

If I can look at the formation and tell you exactly what we are running, you can be DANG sure that everyone else does also.

3rd and long = perfect time for a draw play???? 3 times????????

If you want a fu*$ing 1st down, throw it past the line of scrimmage. Why is this so difficult to understand?

rainiersooner
10/4/2009, 09:50 AM
If you want a fu*$ing 1st down, throw it past the line of scrimmage. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Because you're not as smart as Kevin Wilson. His cunning plan is to call plays that are so boneheaded, no defensive coordinator in his right mind could possible anticipate a team would be so stupid to try.

IronSooner
10/4/2009, 09:54 AM
Because you're not as smart as Kevin Wilson. His cunning plan is to call plays that are so boneheaded, no defensive coordinator in his right mind could possible anticipate a team would be so stupid to try.

I'm coming to believe that. I called several of the 3rd down plays last night based on what I thought no rational team would ever do.

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/4/2009, 10:05 AM
if it's 3rd and 14, i say throw the screen pass two yards behind the line of scrimmage, maybe the 4 defenders coming your way will just not tackle you for some reason.

what? is that being too optimistic?

Gresho Murford
10/4/2009, 11:03 AM
Before last night, I just rolled my eyes everyone said something about getting rid of KW. After last night, I am firmly on that bandwagon.

If I can look at the formation and tell you exactly what we are running, you can be DANG sure that everyone else does also.

3rd and long = perfect time for a draw play???? 3 times????????

you are retarded. We have a knew OL that played like ****, a new QB, a new TE and all new receivers. KW is handcuffed. Our best QB, TE, and WR is out.

KC//CRIMSON
10/4/2009, 11:08 AM
Delayed draw, false start, or throw a pass down field and pray for pass interference.

Soonerus
10/4/2009, 11:08 AM
Kevin Wilson will likely get a head job...

The_Red_Patriot
10/4/2009, 11:16 AM
you are retarded. We have a knew OL that played like ****, a new QB, a new TE and all new receivers. KW is handcuffed. Our best QB, TE, and WR is out.

Yea....so lets run hb draws on the 3rd and 14 and not even give them a chance.

That makes sense

Fraggle145
10/4/2009, 11:49 AM
Kevin Wilson will likely get a head job...

Good. Get him the **** outta here.

BoomerSooner, esq.
10/4/2009, 11:56 AM

REALLY???

Because throwing the ball didnt work AT ALL on that first drive RIGHT???????

I dont care if you have 10 midgets on the field as receivers. IF YOU WANT TO CONVERT A THIRD AND LONG YOU DONT CONTINUALLY RUN DRAW PLAYS OR THROW A SCREEN THAT BEGINS 3 YARDS BEHIND THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE.

KW is handcuffed????? A lot of OUr backups could start for half of the other schools in the FBS. Give me a break. Its not like he had a bunch of O lineman lining up at WR.

yermom
10/4/2009, 12:11 PM
even Pooh and Hannah caught balls when we threw to them. they were scared and trying to not lose.

i guess they thought they were going to get the ball back one more time, not enough urgency

IronHorseSooner
10/4/2009, 12:15 PM
In the NFL, it's about the players. In college, it's about the coaches. We have back ups and frosh who would start for most teams out there. Smack Brown would give his left arm for a healthy TE right now (like Brody, or even Hanna). These a high-end college athletes, who can make plays. If you have a player that isn't as talented, you coach them up. To me, the four most peeved people on that team right now ought to be Landry, Kenney, DM, and Stephen Good. Landry knows he can make the throws, he did it in the first quarter, but the coaches showed no confidenc in his abilities. He has a live arm, and can make the deep throw. For those who don't believe me on that one, go back to the Army AA game his senior year and look at his down field strike to pretty good guy for 'Bama named Julio Jones! Kenney was wearing out the DB on him, with no safety help over the top. Then, all of a sudden, when we need a big play, we stop going to him. He must be thinking "what did I do wrong." You can't expect to ever develop good WRs if you stop going to them when they are on a hot streak. It would be like Willie Warren hitting three straight shots, and then trying to go inside the next four possessions. As for DM, he was getting into a groove on that last drive, and then it stopped. See my reference to Kenney for that one. As for Stephen Good, he's probably telling himself over on the sideline "I can do a better job than either one of the stiffs at RT." As a coach, you have to be able to put your guys in position to make plays, and prepare them for as many contingencies as you can. KW did none of that, and as I have said before, the fact that he was an OL guru before he was an OC makes this doubly irritating.

Gresho Murford
10/4/2009, 12:45 PM
REALLY???

Because throwing the ball didnt work AT ALL on that first drive RIGHT???????

I dont care if you have 10 midgets on the field as receivers. IF YOU WANT TO CONVERT A THIRD AND LONG YOU DONT CONTINUALLY RUN DRAW PLAYS OR THROW A SCREEN THAT BEGINS 3 YARDS BEHIND THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE.

KW is handcuffed????? A lot of OUr backups could start for half of the other schools in the FBS. Give me a break. Its not like he had a bunch of O lineman lining up at WR.

The draws were stupid. 1 worked and 2 didn't. I didn't get those calls and I wish we would have thrown more b/c running the ball was not working very well. Still though, even if our backups could start at other places they are still inexperienced. Go take away any other top team in the countrys top QB, TE, and WR and see where they are at. Let alone the nation's top QB and TE.

jkjsooner
10/4/2009, 12:45 PM
Whatchu gonna do?!

Delay Draw.

I say go back to pass, receivers don't get open, the right tackle gets blown up, and we fumble on the sack.

SoonerInSpringdale
10/4/2009, 12:48 PM

I guess we forgot about that on our first drive where we opened up the offense A TINY bit.

I'm tired of hearing Landry has a good arm and can make most the throws Sam can from the staff. IF that is true, open up the offense and lets go - just like we did the first drive. RUN, RUN, PASS, PUNT or RUN, RUN, PENALTY, DRAW, PUNT is full retard.

jkjsooner
10/4/2009, 12:50 PM
Yea....so lets run hb draws on the 3rd and 14 and not even give them a chance.

That makes sense

Sometimes in a close game you live to fight another possession. PERIOD.

SoonerInSpringdale
10/4/2009, 12:52 PM
Sometimes in a close game you live to fight another possession. PERIOD.

Kevin, stop playing like this.

Oh, and get off the message board - you have work to do.

jkjsooner
10/4/2009, 12:55 PM

I wouldn't expect your son to know this but you tell me who looked faster - Miami's D or our O?

Once you answer that question then tell me if running to the outside is wise.

Why are 90% of NFL runs inside the tackles?

SoonerInSpringdale
10/4/2009, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't expect your son to know this but you tell me who looked faster - Miami's D or our O?

Once you answer that question then tell me if running to the outside is wise.

Why are 90% of NFL runs inside the tackles?

Kevin, you have already made our offense look terrible. Please don't start talking about defenses. Get off the message board and into the film room. Please mix in some creativity against Baylor so we don't get embarrassed by them.

You know little to nothing about football (evidence being your posts on here and your play calling in big games) - so just save face and call up some buddies to work out a better game plan. We don't pay you to be on the message board arguing with fans. Stop.

You don't run 2 straight plays off tackle when they have 8 in the box and you have just ran 3 straight running plays. Mix in the play action.

madillsoonerfan5353
10/4/2009, 01:03 PM
I hope that KW and BV both get jobs at other schools this year!! Sooner the better, I sick of hearing that we have a D full of NFL players and one (BEAL) played like he wanted to win!!! We still can't cover the middle of the field, I think the 5th graders I coach can tackle better in space! When the running back carries 5 guy an extra 5 or 6 yards that IMO is **** poor coaching!! D. Franks needs to ride the pine!!!! I will eat my Crow because this team is not what I thought it was. I think that we need to get as many youngs in on D that we can because after this year we lose all the "NFL guys" on OUr D!! I feel sorry for Sam and Gresh for passing on all the money they could have made to play for an asshat coach (Kevin Wilson) that can't coach a big game!!! Next week will be good because we get to pound Da bears!!! :rolleyes: BOOMER!!! I just think that IT'S TIME for some changes!!!

OUmillenium
10/4/2009, 01:04 PM
Nice. Wilson and the offensive staff plays too conservative. Don't put the game into the hands of our defense and hope. Cut loose your players. Leach did in 99 and I felt we got the most out of our guys that year. Same in 00 with Mangino.

madillsoonerfan5353
10/4/2009, 01:06 PM
Kevin, you have already made our offense look terrible. Please don't start talking about defenses. Get off the message board and into the film room. Please mix in some creativity against Baylor so we don't get embarrassed by them.

You know little to nothing about football (evidence being your posts on here and your play calling in big games) - so just save face and call up some buddies to work out a better game plan. We don't pay you to be on the message board arguing with fans. Stop.

You don't run 2 straight plays off tackle when they have 8 in the box and you have just ran 3 straight running plays. Mix in the play action.

I'm glad that the you seen the same thing I did!!! Right on!!!