PDA

View Full Version : Two, 1 point losses....

Soonerus
10/3/2009, 10:46 PM
sucks and is frustrating but I still think this is a great team that will accomplish some great things this year....the injuries are unbelievable...

Mjcpr
10/3/2009, 10:48 PM
Please. This team is a LONG way from great.

IronSooner
10/3/2009, 10:52 PM
Nope. We'll continue to play like this and lose games. Two reasons:
1. Kevin Wilson.
2. Bobby Jack Wright

iwannabelikesam
10/3/2009, 10:54 PM
When was the last time we won one of these close games? I can't remember the last one off the top my head, it's been awhile...

TXBOOMER
10/3/2009, 10:59 PM
Broyles going down really hurts. Other than maybe texass, we will have better athletes in every game we play so there is no reason to lose any of them.

nighttrain12
10/3/2009, 11:06 PM
sucks and is frustrating but I still think this is a great team that will accomplish some great things this year....the injuries are unbelievable...

You just explained why we won't accomplish great things this year. We have little chance of beating the Short-Horns. Winning at Tech will be very tough and I hate to say it, but we better be at our best or we could lose at home to the Aggies. :eek:

okcusooner
10/3/2009, 11:06 PM
Please. This team is a LONG way from great.

Right you are. Anyone who thinks this team is great is GREATLY mistaken. It all starts with the o-line and this line is a great disappointment. Nothing more.

OUEarl
10/3/2009, 11:07 PM
As much as I love this team, they are nowhere near great.....3rd down draws are a joke, defense exposed against a real offense other than Tulsa/Idaho St. Dom Franks and both safeties lost in coverage, never able to get a 3rd down stop......

Jdog
10/3/2009, 11:10 PM
Make me an offer on my texas tickets.
They're right by the tunnel. I also have some decent seats available for the rest of this year's home games.

Okie35
10/3/2009, 11:11 PM
We'll still win the conference. I'm sure. We fair well against the conference its just stupid to lose by 1 when you have the game in grasp.

Soonerus
10/3/2009, 11:14 PM
You naysayers just wait and see, this is one of the best team we have had this decade...

Soonerus
10/3/2009, 11:16 PM
The o-line is strong on the left side but mediocre on the right side....

Okie35
10/3/2009, 11:19 PM
You naysayers just wait and see, this is one of the best team we have had this decade...

Im not a naysayer we'll win the Big 12 and our bowl game. That's about it.

SoonerTroll
10/3/2009, 11:20 PM

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????

Hotrod3157
10/3/2009, 11:20 PM
Nope not even in the same zip code as great. Its pretty much gonna be a rebuilding year now. Get lots of young players experience for the future. Got lots of talent coming in hopefully can challenge for a MNC in year or two. That being said if Florida lost Tebow, Hernandez, and Cooper or Texas lost McCoy, Shipley, and [insert player name here] they would be struggling too.

bringit
10/3/2009, 11:23 PM
Outcoached, not very good offensive line and no offensive playmakers = 3 more losses this year. D is pretty solid but out of position at critical times.

Soonerus
10/3/2009, 11:28 PM
I do not think we were outcoached, otherwise I cannot debate the other issues with you....

tulsaoilerfan
10/3/2009, 11:32 PM
Jesus H, pass the freaking kool aid Rus; time to wake up and see that this team, with the current coordinators in place, will lose at least 2 more games this season unless they wake the **** up and do what they are paid to do; do you really think Miami has improved by 39 points in two seasons?

Funky G
10/3/2009, 11:34 PM
16-14 away from Norman since 05 Orange Bowl.

Soonerus
10/3/2009, 11:34 PM
We lost a lot of talent by injury and lost a game by 1 point and you are "chicken little"...,we have a great team...

Soonerus
10/4/2009, 12:30 AM
yo...

jdsooner
10/4/2009, 12:36 AM
Tonight the loss of Broyles crippled us on offense. We did not have that many big play threats to start the year. If Gresham, Bradford, and Broyles were healthy; we are 4-0. We are a good team, but few teams could overcome losing such quality players. And don't forget that we have an inexperienced offensive line.

ocsooner
10/4/2009, 12:45 AM
Make me an offer on my texas tickets.
They're right by the tunnel. I also have some decent seats available for the rest of this year's home games.

I'll take your tickets. That way a real fan will be in the seats.

VA Sooner
10/4/2009, 12:51 AM
I know that injuries are part of the game... but losing Broyles as Jones' go-to guy really hurt us in the game. We've lost too many and not enough have stepped up to fill the void.

But even with the offensive woes... where was the defense? McCoy was double-teamed all night but where was the rest to make the crucial stops and get the ball back.

By the way... with the game on the line, why not take a few long shots with Jones' capable arm?

MALE918
10/4/2009, 01:07 AM
interesting things. miami o-line looked terrible and confused last week against v-tech blitz. tonight for the most part they looked coached and prepared. yes we hit the qb but after he delivered the ball. now many times it was because the blitz was slow to get to him but others was because the coverage didn't cover for the blitz to be effective. but the fact that they looked better without having to add blockers and go into an offensive shell was interesting.
after the byu game, our solution to the blocking problem was to just add blockers and we still have problems. not only in blitz situations but in 4 man rush and that's after 4 games and a bye week. go back and look at the tulsa game - there were many times their rush got thru but we could out athlete their secondary.

VA Sooner
10/4/2009, 01:11 AM
We looked like a sieve letting their D-line through.

Our D-line just couldn't get enough pressure... mostly knockdowns after the pass and Beal's sacks, but not enough pressure.

OU Adonis
10/4/2009, 06:57 AM
Check Barrys record when the outcome was decided by one point.

Soonerus
10/4/2009, 08:45 AM
Keep up the hope, the Sooners will rise again...this year...

Jack T.
10/4/2009, 09:06 AM
16-14 away from Norman since 05 Orange Bowl.

Un-frickin'-believable. [insert puking smiley here]

FaninAma
10/4/2009, 09:15 AM
Nope. We'll continue to play like this and lose games. Two reasons:
1. Kevin Wilson.
2. Bobby Jack Wright
Sadly I have to agree. We knew we would be
down this year without Sam and Gresham.....
And that has been the case this year.

But, KW didn't even try to score a TD when
OU had the ball on Miami's 20 with 4 minutes
left. 2 runs and a silly little swing pass with Miami
having essentially 11 in the box.

However, miami's OC calls a play action pass and
gets the 1st down.....game over.

This coaching staff has been out out outcoached in
almost every close game during the past 4 years.

They did manage to take a couple from Franchione
at tamu......and we all know what a HOF coach he is.

Soonerus
10/4/2009, 09:21 AM
available personel has something to do with it too...

Flying Scotsman
10/4/2009, 09:22 AM
I am wondering when we can win a game we aren't supposed to....? Texas? Maybe this year?

Sooner Forever!!

Frozen Sooner
10/4/2009, 09:22 AM

I predict that this team will definitely be one of our 10 best teams this decade.

Soonerus
10/4/2009, 09:24 AM
I predict that this team will definitely be one of our 10 best teams this decade.

I'll go even further, top 20 since '89...

gr8fulsooner
10/4/2009, 09:32 AM
Why will Kevin Wilson not get out of his own way on the road? When we're in Norman, we look like the Harlem Globetrotters of football. It's like he's an overcautious parent who is afraid to let his kids make their own mistakes.

Frozen Sooner
10/4/2009, 09:35 AM
I'll go even further, top 20 since '89...

:D

I see what you did there.

ashley
10/4/2009, 09:37 AM

Please quit bringing that logic nonsense to this board. No one pays any attention to it.

iwannabelikesam
10/4/2009, 09:44 AM

Injuries are not an excuse, they are a part of the game. Miami had their own injuries, too. And BYU was completely decimated by injuries for our game.

1890MilesToNorman
10/4/2009, 09:45 AM
It's our best team this year! Even with all the injuries and inexperience we could be 4-0, Franks could have put a dagger in Miami's heart with the pick 6 that went through his hands but **** happens. I love OU football and I still get to watch another 8 or 9 games this year so I'm all good with it. :D

Soonerus
10/4/2009, 09:45 AM
Injuries are clearly a factor, take off the blinders...

BOOMERBRADLEY
10/4/2009, 09:47 AM
Rus, it's embarrassing.

Just stop

Soonerus
10/4/2009, 09:50 AM
Trust me two 1 point losses is not embarassing...some of the 90's was embarassing...I kept going to the games then and I will now...

BOOMERBRADLEY
10/4/2009, 09:57 AM
Trust me two 1 point losses is not embarassing...some of the 90's was embarassing...I kept going to the games then and I will now...

Me too.

I was referring to you thinking the team was awesome and Kevin Wilson is the greatest coach ever. And that whole OU still winning the Big12...which is still possible. Not probable

Soonerus
10/4/2009, 10:00 AM
Me too.

I was referring to you thinking the team was awesome and Kevin Wilson is the greatest coach ever. And that whole OU still winning the Big12...which is still possible. Not probable

We could easily still win the Big XII...

tulsaoilerfan
10/4/2009, 10:05 AM

:rolleyes: That's the funniest thing i have seen on here in years; ur the biggest sunshine pumper on this site Rus

BOOMERBRADLEY
10/4/2009, 10:06 AM

Easily?

Sorry Rus, I'm not seeing it that way.

Soonerus
10/4/2009, 10:18 AM
:rolleyes: That's the funniest thing i have seen on here in years; ur the biggest sunshine pumper on this site Rus

You guys are the biggest bandwagoners I have seen in years...We did not get beat 45-0, we have lost two 1 point games...get a grip...

BOOMERBRADLEY
10/4/2009, 10:47 AM
You guys are the biggest bandwagoners I have seen in years...We did not get beat 45-0, we have lost two 1 point games...get a grip...

We are not bandwagoners, Rus

we just realize there is better competition ahead that OU has a great chance of losing to

olevetonahill
10/8/2009, 06:04 AM
Go suck a pickle
The Big12 is still ahead of us
and we CAN win it :cool:

tulsaoilerfan
10/8/2009, 06:13 AM

Just because i disagree with your sunshine pumping doesn't make me a bandwagoner; i've been a fan since i can remember(first game i remember actually watching was the rain game at Boulder in 1972) and i probably know as much OU football history as anyone around; don't insult me by saying i'm a bandwagoner, ok? I support this team, i will always support this team, but if i think something's wrong i'm going to voice my opinion on the subject

olevetonahill
10/8/2009, 06:22 AM
Just because i disagree with your sunshine pumping doesn't make me a bandwagoner; i've been a fan since i can remember(first game i remember actually watching was the rain game at Boulder in 1972) and i probably know as much OU football history as anyone around; don't insult me by saying i'm a bandwagoner, ok? I support this team, i will always support this team, but if i think something's wrong i'm going to voice my opinion on the subject

Get urass up to Norman and Help Bob out NOW :rolleyes:

tulsaoilerfan
10/8/2009, 07:36 AM
Get urass up to Norman and Help Bob out NOW :rolleyes:

I would but the line was too long

Curly Bill
10/8/2009, 06:01 PM
What's emarrassing is calling long-time fans bandwagon fans just because they're not sunshine pumpers.

Okie35
10/8/2009, 06:06 PM
What's emarrassing is calling long-time fans bandwagon fans just because they're not sunshine pumpers.

True but I'm w/ Rus I'm not a sunshine pumper but I still think the Big 12 Title is still very possible.

mightysooner
10/8/2009, 07:30 PM
This team doesn't even SNIFF great. I have us down for two more losses, possibly three in a rebuilding year. I think that's what this team is.

Soonerus
10/8/2009, 08:43 PM
This team doesn't even SNIFF great. I have us down for two more losses, possibly three in a rebuilding year. I think that's what this team is.

We shall see...

OUAlumni1990
10/8/2009, 09:12 PM
No offense rus, but you've been wrong alot lately. Matter of fact, I'm scratching my head trying to remember when you were once right.
How do we know we can trust you on this one?

Geekboy
10/8/2009, 09:20 PM
We shall see...
OU will beat Texas next week. Come back to this post when it happens.

VA Sooner
10/8/2009, 09:25 PM
Still a great team. Need more time to gel and we played as well as we could against good teams.

1996 OU-Texas!

Soonerus
10/8/2009, 09:32 PM
No offense rus, but you've been wrong alot lately. Matter of fact, I'm scratching my head trying to remember when you were once right.
How do we know we can trust you on this one?

Because I told you to...

Soonerus
10/8/2009, 09:33 PM
OU will beat Texas next week. Come back to this post when it happens.

Geek, in all due respect...

OUAlumni1990
10/8/2009, 10:55 PM
Because I told you to...

okie dokie....

THA RO SOONER
10/8/2009, 11:29 PM
GOOD GOD people, take tha top 3 playmakers out of ANY team in tha top 20 right now and see how that works out for 'em. we knew comin into this season our line was gonna be young and guess what.. its not the protection or the run blocking but the PENTALTYS we are havin problems with. it SUCKS but it happens. as far as our D 14,0,0,17 well that wins most EVERY college game these days! sorry for tha NOOB rant but had to jus' say it. oh p.s. BOOMER MFN SOONER!!!

SoonerLB
10/9/2009, 06:01 AM
Easy now, it's alright, run seven delayed draw plays and call me in the morning. ;)

Desert Sapper
10/9/2009, 07:17 AM
Rus: We're Awesome even though we're 2-2!
Debbie Downers: We suck...almost as bad as we did in the late 90s!
Rus: We're missing people...lot's of em!
Sunshine Pumpers: That's right, we sure are!
Debbie Downers: Play calling sux, and I should know, because I've been an armchair quarterback for 30+ years!
Sunshine Pumpers: The players in the game are inexperienced, our biggest playmakers are hurt, and we still nearly won both losses!
Debbie Downers: Better competition on the way, we'll lose a bunch more...
Rus: Better competition on the way, bring it on...
Sunshine Pumpers: We could win the Big XII!
Sunshine Pumpers: We could beat Texas!
Debbie Downers: We won't, cause of Wilson and, umm BJW!
Debbie Downers: AND VENABLES!
Sunshine Pumpers: Awesome D! Less points allowed in a while!
Debbie Downers: crappy O! Draw plays on 3rd Down! OMG!
Rus: We'll rise again!
Debbie Downers: We suck again!
Rus: Band wagoners!
Debbie Downers: Sunshine Pumper!

The End.

TXBOOMER
10/9/2009, 07:24 AM
Rus we lost the Uthug game by one point because they downed the ball to run the clock out. They were moving the ball at will at the end of that game and could have got another TD if they would have needed it.

Desert Sapper
10/9/2009, 08:15 AM
Personally, I think we lost the Miami game not because of poor scheming (although the draw play and the whiff on the play action to end the game were frustrating), but because of poor execution. There were times that we were all over it, in position, perfectly schemed, and a player error fubared everything. Every TD they scored was due to this. And the Dom Franks in the hands sure fire pick 6, too. Landry couldn't gun it down the field because nobody was getting open, and when they were open, they were dropping the ball.

Know when this happens to a team? When they are inexperienced. The talent was there. The game plan was there (with the exception of a few bad play calls). The execution was mostly crap (with the exception of a few well executed plays).

When we won the national title, every time we won the national title, it wasn't because of amazing nerdy trick plays or perfect scheming. It was because we out-hussled, out-executed, and physically beat the other team. Every time.

This is why I don't completely disagree with Rus. This team could be awesome. It could be total crap. It's up to the players to accept the injuries for what they are, nut up, and bring it. All the scheming in the world can't stop somebody that really really wants it.

Don't take that as me waving the magic wand and absolving the coaches of their responsibilities. They get paid a boatload of money for a reason. But a great plan executed poorly always means failure. A garbage plan executed to perfection will still probably beat 90% of the teams on our schedule. If we can get both a great plan and great execution (not just hustle, but execution -- no major mental friggin errors in the clutch, catching catchable balls, no obvious holds, no blown coverage, etc.) we win the Big XII.

PLaw
10/9/2009, 02:49 PM

Uhh, great teams have dominating O-lines and serious threat at the No. 1 receiver position. Great teams find a way to win those tight games. This is a good team and no more.

BOOMER

Geekboy
10/9/2009, 07:13 PM
Geek, in all due respect...

I was really hoping Bradford would get in this game with Baylor to get him warmed up for Texas. OU will win. Book it! Due respect! ;)