PDA

View Full Version : kool-aide

beer4me
10/3/2009, 09:01 PM
Where are the Kool-Aid drinkers that think this defense is all that now? How about that OL that I was told in another thread I didn’t know what I was talking about.

kingsby
10/3/2009, 09:06 PM
Well looking at the positives ... here is a chance for the defense and offense to step up and prove they can win on the road against a quality opponent.

Let's end the curse that USC put on us, back in 2005.

C'mon D get them off the field; common O - lets get some sooner magic going

kingsby
10/3/2009, 09:07 PM
Here is chance for Bob to redeem himself and prove he is a big time coach outside of the B12

StoopTroup
10/3/2009, 09:09 PM
Where are the Kool-Aid drinkers that think this defense is all that now? How about that OL that I was told in another thread I didn’t know what I was talking about.

Well to be honest Beer...they scored once legitimately and the other...we put it right in front of the goal line for them.

Offense is struggling to find itself on the Road again. Broyles getting hurt really changes things.

Go ahead and start another meltdown thread if you want.

tooslow
10/3/2009, 09:15 PM
It seems like forever since OU has beaten a ranked non-conference team(besides UC). In games versus ranked OOC opponents, we've been beaten up by the likes of TCU, Boise State, BYU, and several schools from BCS Conferences. I was really thinking the Miami game would be the game to end the streak. I'm thinking I was wrong. This game is turning into the typical "fade away into the night" game I've gotten used to over the years. Oh well, there's always "next year"..... :rolleyes:

On a positive note, mabye we'll win a bowl game this year. :mad:

C'mon!!!

BOOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StoopTroup
10/3/2009, 09:21 PM
Some of you act like Miami has this in the bag...

It's a close game...man up.

We're riddled with injuries...it's looks bad but yet...OUr Boyz are out there giving it all on the field.

tooslow
10/3/2009, 09:24 PM
I don't think Miami has this in the bag, but I do have a feeling that Miami may slowly pull away. I hope to hell I'm wrong....

TXBOOMER
10/3/2009, 09:30 PM
Gotta show some grit. Defense is pouting, making me sick. Gotta get their heads up.

beer4me
10/3/2009, 09:42 PM
Well to be honest Beer...they scored once legitimately and the other...we put it right in front of the goal line for them.

Offense is struggling to find itself on the Road again. Broyles getting hurt really changes things.

Go ahead and start another meltdown thread if you want.

ST love you bro but Broyles getting hurt has little to do with it the play calling on both sides and OU's secondary is in complete disarray.

My threads are only to show that what I was skeptical of all along is correct.

Don't make any diff if Sam or JG is hurt the staff ought to make adjustments and they don't.

Sorry if it offends you. I still think OU will win this game cause the thugs are wore out and the stache will come through but not happy with the keystone cops

P.S. Broyles had nothing to do with the flags we have gotten either

Petro-Sooner
10/3/2009, 10:03 PM
D is not great. For those that "claimed" last week.

Jdog
10/3/2009, 11:06 PM
Listen to our defense players that go pro. Harris said he learned more in his first month with the bears then he did in 3 years at OU.

Wilkerson said something similar.

BV needs to make some changes – if as ESPN Biff says – their the best in the country.

Has played tooooo loose in the first four games.

Our offense is too predictable - especially when we have so many new players. Sam shouldn't come back - because with this line he'll get re-injured

landrun
10/3/2009, 11:55 PM
Listen to our defense players that go pro. Harris said he learned more in his first month with the bears then he did in 3 years at OU.

I would really like to read those quotes. Do they exist in an article on the internet anywhere?

SCOUT
10/4/2009, 12:06 AM

BV needs to make some changes – if as ESPN Biff says – their the best in the country.

Has played tooooo loose in the first four games.

Our offense is too predictable - especially when we have so many new players. Sam shouldn't come back - because with this line he'll get re-injured

You do realize that pro players get to spend all day, every day, with the coaches learning their new profession. While in college, they can only spend a specific amount of hours in practice and have to maintain their grades as a full time student.

I bet that is true for many athletes that transition to the pros.

rawlingsHOH
10/4/2009, 01:12 AM
ST love you bro but Broyles getting hurt has little to do with it the play calling

They certainly seemed to get conservative starting the second drive of the game. Don't you think?

OU's secondary is in complete disarray
Other than the one bust, the secondary played well. First glance, I'd grade them a 'B'. One thing is for sure, it isn't "disarray".

ocsooner
10/4/2009, 01:24 AM
They certainly seemed to get conservative starting the second drive of the game. Don't you think?

Other than the one bust, the secondary played well. First glance, I'd grade them a 'B'. One thing is for sure, it isn't "disarray".

I agree, this was totally on the offence. 21 points is respectable (some of the runs they let through were not), but overall, the D played pretty good.

Run, run, pass, punt will kill a D and make them make mistakes. I can't say if KW was so predictable because he isn't a good coach, or he doesn't trust the receivers, and the O line to give Landry a chance, but man - give the pass a chance!

DallasSooner87
10/4/2009, 02:09 AM
Srsly I say if Broyles plays more than one catch the team has at least 50-100 yds more offense. Landry has a go to receiver and KW doesn't lose faith in the pass game. Now let us move on and focus on the Big 12 South. I still have faith.

BOOMER!

UTsucks
10/4/2009, 04:59 AM
Srsly I say if Broyles plays more than one catch the team has at least 50-100 yds more offense. Landry has a go to receiver and KW doesn't lose faith in the pass game. Nut let us move on and focus on the Big 12 South. I still have faith.

BOOMER!

I have faith also that we will lose 3 or 4 games :pop:

Okie35
10/4/2009, 05:09 AM
D is not great. For those that "claimed" last week.

It's still good enough. I think its more the coaching IMO. Those zone blitzes aren't fooling anyone. Also, that one play out of the timeout was a terrible call.

AlbqSooner
10/4/2009, 08:05 AM
You do realize that pro players get to spend all day, every day, with the coaches learning their new profession. While in college, they can only spend a specific amount of hours in practice and have to maintain their grades as a full time student.

I bet that is true for many athletes that transition to the pros.

Point well made. I learned more in my first three months of practicing law than I did in three years of law school.

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 10:12 AM
ST love you bro but Broyles getting hurt has little to do with it the play calling on both sides and OU's secondary is in complete disarray.

My threads are only to show that what I was skeptical of all along is correct.

Don't make any diff if Sam or JG is hurt the staff ought to make adjustments and they don't.

Sorry if it offends you. I still think OU will win this game cause the thugs are wore out and the stache will come through but not happy with the keystone cops

P.S. Broyles had nothing to do with the flags we have gotten either

In football....it's a total team effort. If your on that team and the guy who has beaten you out of your position has gotten hurt...is it more probable that your going to step up to his level once your in a big game or do you think it might take time and practice with Coaches continuing to help you and give you advice?

The Coaches didn't plan on losing all these players Beer. In 2000...we got really lucky and our banged up players continued to battle it out. The injuries we are seeing right now are not the type players get over quickly. Rotating these replacements in and out at practice instead of having your best on your depth chart is going to have an effect on your team. Penalties, turnovers and losses are direct results of all these things.

Stoops and Company are doing a pretty good job with Landry and what is left of our receiving corp IMO. The line knows they need to give Landry an extra second that Bradford might not have needed...things like that have an effect.

We've got two 1 point losses both Non-Conference losses. We're more than likely out of the NC race and that sucks. But we haven't begun our Big XII Season as of yet. That starts this weekend. I'm glad it starts with Baylor right now instead of the whorns.

These are things that will test our players...also things that test fans. I don't care to lose...especially any team from Florida or the Pac-10. We are by all of that for now. Time to concentrate on salvaging this season IMO.

StoopTroup
10/4/2009, 10:16 AM
I have faith also that we will lose 3 or 4 games :pop:

You could be right...

Maybe you should stick your head in the sand like an Ostrich and come out when it's safe to be a Sooner again. :rolleyes: :cool:

Soonerus
10/4/2009, 10:24 AM
I hope most of you negative people quit going to the games...it is much more enjoyable when the bandwagoners fall off the wagon...btw, some of you are clearly fair,weather,bandwagon fans...we frankly are better of without you...

beer4me
10/5/2009, 09:21 AM
In football....it's a total team effort. If your on that team and the guy who has beaten you out of your position has gotten hurt...is it more probable that your going to step up to his level once your in a big game or do you think it might take time and practice with Coaches continuing to help you and give you advice?

The Coaches didn't plan on losing all these players Beer. In 2000...we got really lucky and our banged up players continued to battle it out. The injuries we are seeing right now are not the type players get over quickly. Rotating these replacements in and out at practice instead of having your best on your depth chart is going to have an effect on your team. Penalties, turnovers and losses are direct results of all these things.

Stoops and Company are doing a pretty good job with Landry and what is left of our receiving corp IMO. The line knows they need to give Landry an extra second that Bradford might not have needed...things like that have an effect.

We've got two 1 point losses both Non-Conference losses. We're more than likely out of the NC race and that sucks. But we haven't begun our Big XII Season as of yet. That starts this weekend. I'm glad it starts with Baylor right now instead of the whorns.

These are things that will test our players...also things that test fans. I don't care to lose...especially any team from Florida or the Pac-10. We are by all of that for now. Time to concentrate on salvaging this season IMO.

No doubt bro our conference plays starts this weekend. We can still win the B12.

Right now my concern is that Sam comes back and our OL can keep him from getting hurt again.

beer4me
10/5/2009, 09:43 AM
I hope most of you negative people quit going to the games...it is much more enjoyable when the bandwagoners fall off the wagon...btw, some of you are clearly fair,weather,bandwagon fans...we frankly are better of without you...

Rus FYI:

I am not a band wagon fan period. Go to the thread "when did you see your first game in person" (or whatever it is called)

I make about 1/2 the games a year and travel to away games.

I spend my money on tickets

I spend my money on travel expenses

I spend my money on official apparel (not Wal-mart stuff)

I spend my money on lodging on away games

I spend my money on meals on away games

I care not what the number under my username says

I care not what you think is a bandwagon fan

School affiliation and other factors aside, football and all other sports boil down to entertainment.

As a fan I have the right to either complain or brag depending upon the circumstance.

Just as you have the right to always say everything is OK and never criticize anything and are always happy with everything that is going on.

You and all others that reside in the Ivory Tower and never say anything nor ever cast a critical eye on things have no more rights than those of us
That don’t always agree and say so.

Now to be sure sometimes we should do as AlbqSooner says in another thread wait 24 hours before typing anything and let the emotions calm down.

That is sage advice. Although it won’t change the way I feel, it would allow for better expression of ideas.

Either way that don’t make me or anyone else less of a fan or inferior to you or your thoughts.

So to make the comment “btw, some of you are clearly fair,weather,bandwagon fans...we frankly are better of without you”

Is pathetic IMO.

1890MilesToNorman
10/5/2009, 09:48 AM
I like beer, I don't like beer, I like beer I don't like beer?

Damn

beer4me
10/5/2009, 09:59 AM
I like beer, I don't like beer, I like beer I don't like beer?

Damn

What me or the liquid :D :D