PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Universe

Penguin
10/3/2009, 03:04 PM
Anybody else watch it? I just watched it on hulu because I forgot to watch it last night and so did my DVR, apparently. (Thanks, Comcast :rolleyes: )

I found it very entertaining and I have some high hopes for it. Although, I did find it very cheesy how they explained why they went to that spaceship rather than returning to Earth. Who attacked them and why? Why did a few laser blasts make the whole damn planet blow up? Wouldn't a meteor have done that a few thousand years before?

StoopTroup
10/3/2009, 03:07 PM
Kevin Wilson is in charge of the lasers.

Penguin
10/4/2009, 05:18 PM
So, am I the only one who watched the show?

JohnnyMack
10/5/2009, 11:38 AM
After watching the preview for this I said to myself that this is another one of those shows that I'll have every intention of watching but always forget it is on. And of course I forgot to watch it.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/5/2009, 12:35 PM
I TIVOed it, Comcast didn't fail me. I look forward to watching it.

Jacie
10/6/2009, 12:44 PM
I watched the two-hour premiere on one of the later showings. It helps to be familiar with the Stargate universe in order to understand Stargate Universe. Don't worry about pesky technical details or you'll probably hate it.

The point is a collection of scientists, a geek, military personnel and marketing/administrative people are on this incredibly ancient spacecraft billions of light years from Earth, the Solar System, and the Milky Way Galaxy (which means they aren't going home anytime soon) and headed for parts unknown. The spacecraft is like anything else that is old, it has a lot of broken parts and doesn't work very well. The working stargate that is on board will allow the people to occassionally get off the spacecraft and visit places that might have stuff they need or whatever.

Since there aren't that many of them to begin with I am guessing they will start picking up passengers once they set foot on another planet (I just hope one of them is not a cute furry animal or an AI with attitude). The conflict between Rush and the Colonel will provide plenty of drama, Eli comic relief, and the usual compliment of babes (Chloe, Camile and Lt. Johansen) for sex appeal.