PDA

View Full Version : "The Ville"...are you SERIOUS?!!!

KYSooner
10/3/2009, 12:16 AM
Did anyone see Louisville's uni's tonight?

Across the chest, rather than "Louisville" or even "Cardinals" it says..."the ville." And Kragthorpe needs to wonder why his team is filled with a bunch of thugs who can run a train or a blunt better than a spread offense. And what's even more...they call a blackout for their stadium...And while that team is blazing away and committing crimes, Pitino is making reservations in private dining rooms.

That team could have 200,000 UofL fans at that stadium and they couldnt beat North Texas.

Kragthorpe will be lucky to coach a D3 team next year...or even high school. He walked into a death trap and made that program equivelent to an average high school program...they straight stink!

Petro-Sooner
10/3/2009, 12:26 AM
Saw part of the game but didnt notice the uniforms. Wish OU would use Oklahoma. But thats just me.

sooner59
10/3/2009, 12:44 AM
Yeah I saw the uniforms. I actually thought that I misread but now that someone else mentioned it.....thats ghey.

soonerspudman
10/3/2009, 11:09 AM

Across the chest, rather than "Louisville" or even "Cardinals" it says..."the ville." And Kragthorpe needs to wonder why his team is filled with a bunch of thugs who can run a train or a blunt better than a spread offense. And what's even more...they call a blackout for their stadium...And while that team is blazing away and committing crimes, Pitino is making reservations in private dining rooms.

That team could have 200,000 UofL fans at that stadium and they couldnt beat North Texas.

Kragthorpe will be lucky to coach a D3 team next year...or even high school. He walked into a death trap and made that program equivelent to an average high school program...they straight stink!

Was thinking the same thing last night, I thought last year they'd gone too far the "The Ville" thing all over their stadium, it gives the ESPN guys collective woodies like "The Cuse" which is just as stupid, Louisville probably took council from the Disney marketing department on this.

Putting it on their uni's is arena football stuff, they deserve to be Big Least cellar dwellers for all eternity.

LRoss
10/3/2009, 12:30 PM
I live in Louisville and think it's ridiculous. FWIW, the phrase isn't remotely new, some locals have called Louisville "The Ville" for a long time and the team just borrowed the idea from local culture. Still it's ridiculous though -- how many cities end in "ville"? Like a million. And then to put it on their jerseys, definitely another step toward ludicrousness.

And yes, if the fans had their way, Cragthorpe would have coached for about 3 games total and been gone. It's as done as done can be now. (And, again FWIW, UofL really has pretty generally decent fans, especially in contrast to the UK people.)

Widescreen
10/3/2009, 12:42 PM
How could Kragthorpe have been so successful at Tulsa and so full of fail at Louisville?

LawtonBoy74
10/3/2009, 12:45 PM
I think its cool..but they still suck!! They probably should just focus on trying to win football games

sooner ngintunr
10/3/2009, 12:48 PM
Saw part of the game but didnt notice the uniforms. Wish OU would use Oklahoma. But thats just me.

We do in BB, which I thought is strange. Because IIRC in 2007 we used SOONERS in BB as well.:confused: In FB it has always(at least for a LONG time) been SOONERS, I'd hate to see it changed.

Yeah I saw the uniforms. I actually thought that I misread but now that someone else mentioned it.....thats ghey.

Its gheyngster.

bri
10/3/2009, 12:57 PM
How could Kragthorpe have been so successful at Tulsa and so full of fail at Louisville?

I was thinking that last night, with a chuckle. I guess it wasn't Kraggy so much as his assistants and the players that made that turnaround happen, 'cause Tulsa is still going strong and he's led UL back to the dregs of a conference that is the dregs of the BCS conferences. He chose...poorly. :D

StoopTroup
10/3/2009, 01:47 PM
LOL...

http://rlv.zcache.com/1965_cadillac_coupe_de_ville_tshirt-p235999048873538639qw9u_400.jpg

CrimsonJim
10/3/2009, 01:51 PM
He said "The Ville", not Deville. :D

Petro-Sooner
10/3/2009, 02:29 PM
We do in BB, which I thought is strange. Because IIRC in 2007 we used SOONERS in BB as well.:confused: In FB it has always(at least for a LONG time) been SOONERS, I'd hate to see it changed.

If I recall correctly we used Oklahoma that year the drunk coached. I could be wrong though.

Caught the replay of "The Ville" game. Yeah it was very ghey!

Widescreen
10/3/2009, 02:37 PM
At one point we had "Sooners" for home games and "Oklahoma" for road games.

mightysooner
10/3/2009, 02:52 PM

Kinda wondering if his problem and Dan Hawkin's might be similar. Maybe the man behind the head coach at each program was the real force in bringing those programs into prominence?

SCxxSOONER
10/3/2009, 02:56 PM
Can Anyone find a pic of the uni? i missed the game

StoopTroup
10/3/2009, 03:09 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2077/2055825108_394fceff21_o.jpg

StoopTroup
10/3/2009, 03:12 PM
These are the only ones I see...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1191/1372666120_8b44f49241.jpg

Widescreen
10/3/2009, 03:25 PM
Can Anyone find a pic of the uni? i missed the game

http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/67ddf038-7ca4-413a-b188-d15dcd9ff39d.jpg

sooner ngintunr
10/3/2009, 03:29 PM
At one point we had "Sooners" for home games and "Oklahoma" for road games.

found it, it was during 95-96 seasons(maybe more). thanks

I also always wondered why in FB we wear Crimson at home, while in BB Home teams wear white. Anyone know why? TIA

StoopTroup
10/3/2009, 03:36 PM
Good Stuff Screen.

SPuL
10/3/2009, 04:17 PM
found it, it was during 95-96 seasons(maybe more). thanks

I also always wondered why in FB we wear Crimson at home, while in BB Home teams wear white. Anyone know why? TIA

No clue, but in NFL its same way. Dark at home, white away

Rogue
10/3/2009, 05:22 PM
College 'Ville's -

Knoxville
Charlottesville

sooner ngintunr
10/3/2009, 05:28 PM
No clue, but in NFL its same way. Dark at home, white away

Yeah and in the NBA its white at home and dark on the road, just like college BB.

I always hear the reason for the dark at home is because you don't want to let the visitors wear their colors on your field, just wondering why that doesn't apply to Basketball?

okiewaker
10/3/2009, 05:34 PM
The way they been playn "the ville" is short for "the vaudeville".

Petro-Sooner
10/3/2009, 06:43 PM
tejas ags broke out the white helmets.

ArkanSooner
10/3/2009, 07:33 PM

Where do you get the impression our players are thugs? (I say "our" because I'm in grad school at U of L now). Unless I missed it, we haven't had any players in major disciplinary trouble in the past two seasons.

This city and athletic program has been known locally as "The Ville" for years.

Kragthorpe needs to be shipped out of town two seasons ago. He has completely destroyed the Cardinal football program and it will take many many years to get back to even respectability.

SCxxSOONER
10/3/2009, 07:55 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/67ddf038-7ca4-413a-b188-d15dcd9ff39d.jpg

Thanks, I like em'