View Full Version : Alan Trimble resigns at Jenks

The_Red_Patriot
10/2/2009, 03:43 PM
www.tulsaworld.com

Trimble suspended from coaching at Jenks; Trimble's wife says he resigned

By LYNN JACOBSEN, World Sports Writer
Published: 10/2/2009 3:19 PM
Last Modified: 10/2/2009 3:38 PM

Jenks football coach Allan Trimble has resigned according to his wife Courtney, but a Jenks official says that Trimble has been suspended from his coaching duties the remainder of the first semester.

The coach who led Jenks to nine state championships since taking over as coach in 1996 will no longer lead the Trojans this season.

A press conference is set for this afternoon.

Jenks was forced to forfeit nine wins in the 2008 season for the use of an ineligible player and the school commissioned attorney Doug Mann to produce a report on the situation.

The report, which is expected to be made available today, could reveal reasons behind Trimble's suspension and potential departure.

The_Red_Patriot
10/2/2009, 03:59 PM
Story has changed again...

Now he has resigned from head coach for the fall semester........so........I guess he will back next year?

GottaHavePride
10/2/2009, 04:18 PM
I doubt it - if there's enough of a reason for him to "resign", I doubt they let him come back.

badger
10/2/2009, 04:21 PM
Strange times up in Tulsa today... Union had a big fight at their school, Jenks' football coach isn't gonna be on the sidelines this season... strange times...

the_ouskull
10/2/2009, 05:04 PM
Good.

Sincerely,
The West Half

The_Red_Patriot
10/2/2009, 05:31 PM
Good.

Sincerely,
The West Half

Ha...it still wont matter...Jenks(with or without Trimble), Union, Broken Arrow, Muskogee and even Owasso are better than what the West has to offer.

sooner518
10/2/2009, 05:45 PM
anyone have any idea why? just because Lake was an ineligible player?

tulsaoilerfan
10/2/2009, 08:51 PM
The report is here; you should read this. http://static.ktul.com/documents/jenksinvestigation_1009.pdf

tulsaoilerfan
10/2/2009, 08:52 PM
I should warn all that the PDF file is 45 pages long, but it's some damn interesting reading

PeoriaSooner
10/2/2009, 09:10 PM
I just read the PDF and am not really surprised. It's basically a bunch of minor infractions where there was no oversight by the AD (Dillingham) / HC (Trimble) and lack of reporting to the school's administration.

We have some perennial powers out here in AZ where stud players from crappy schools move into the "good" districts every year and have questionable living arrangements, parental job arrangements, etc. I bet that you could go to any state and most of their their top programs all have the same things going on as at Jenks.

Everyone needs to pull their heads out of the sand and realize that while HS Coaches may not be allowed to go on recruiting trips like college coaches, they certainly do spend a lot of time around youth leagues, summer camps, and other situations that puts them in scenarios where they can skate right up to the edge of the rules and often around the margins of the rules without engaging in major violations.

The only difference with Jenks and many of these similar schools is that an anonymous email was sent to the OK state HS athletic commission that illuminated the Jarrett Lake story and after the investigation it was shown that the Jenks program skirted a lot of regulations and due diligence. It also shows a few historical violations that were handled inside the program and weren't reported to the district administration or the state athletic commission. If this type of investigation was targeted at many other prominent HS athletic programs around the country, I guarantee you the same amount of rule bending and lack of institutional controls would be found.

For one, I'm not surprised. This is pretty much human nature's quest of gaining an advantage manifesting itself. Call it situational ethics, cheating, or whatever you want, but I doubt this will change the way HS athletics programs are run at Jenks, in OK, or anywhere else in the country.

MyT Oklahoma
10/2/2009, 09:27 PM
^^ Yup.

tulsaoilerfan
10/2/2009, 10:22 PM
I just read the PDF and am not really surprised. It's basically a bunch of minor infractions where there was no oversight by the AD (Dillingham) / HC (Trimble) and lack of reporting to the school's administration.

We have some perennial powers out here in AZ where stud players from crappy schools move into the "good" districts every year and have questionable living arrangements, parental job arrangements, etc. I bet that you could go to any state and most of their their top programs all have the same things going on as at Jenks.

Everyone needs to pull their heads out of the sand and realize that while HS Coaches may not be allowed to go on recruiting trips like college coaches, they certainly do spend a lot of time around youth leagues, summer camps, and other situations that puts them in scenarios where they can skate right up to the edge of the rules and often around the margins of the rules without engaging in major violations.

The only difference with Jenks and many of these similar schools is that an anonymous email was sent to the OK state HS athletic commission that illuminated the Jarrett Lake story and after the investigation it was shown that the Jenks program skirted a lot of regulations and due diligence. It also shows a few historical violations that were handled inside the program and weren't reported to the district administration or the state athletic commission. If this type of investigation was targeted at many other prominent HS athletic programs around the country, I guarantee you the same amount of rule bending and lack of institutional controls would be found.

For one, I'm not surprised. This is pretty much human nature's quest of gaining an advantage manifesting itself. Call it situational ethics, cheating, or whatever you want, but I doubt this will change the way HS athletics programs are run at Jenks, in OK, or anywhere else in the country.

So u are okay with all this? Just because other schools across the country may be doing this doesn't make it right; bunch of crap if you ask me

Dio
10/2/2009, 11:16 PM
Ha...it still wont matter...Jenks(with or without Trimble), Union, Broken Arrow, Muskogee and even Owasso are better than what the West has to offer.

I dunno- Southmoore put together a pretty good recruiting class this year. ;)

MeMyself&Me
10/2/2009, 11:21 PM
So u are okay with all this? Just because other schools across the country may be doing this doesn't make it right; bunch of crap if you ask me

Saying it was OK was NOT what I got out of that. Sounded more like he was condemning the programs that exorcise such practices and that it's more widespread than most people want to accept.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/3/2009, 09:25 AM
Good read...

OUmillenium
10/3/2009, 09:54 AM
I really need to read that PDF. Great input Peoria.

PhilTLL
10/3/2009, 11:36 AM
Huh. And another day passes in which I STILL don't give half a **** about high school football. Even my alma mater (Bishop McGuinness). I never quite understood following it post-high school. Great for parents, athletes, fellow students and small towns, though...

Eielson
10/3/2009, 12:06 PM
Good.

Sincerely,
The West Half

Jenks didn't start with Trimble, nor will it end with him. If there is somebody in the East you should want to retire, and stay retired, that would be Lancaster.

Eielson
10/3/2009, 12:09 PM
Huh. And another day passes in which I STILL don't give half a **** about high school football. Even my alma mater (Bishop McGuinness). I never quite understood following it post-high school. Great for parents, athletes, fellow students and small towns, though...

Not to call you out, but just out of curiousness, were you deeply involved in high school athletics?

LawtonBoy74
10/3/2009, 01:08 PM
I still root for the West because the East dominates every year...I always wondered why the East schools like Tulsa Union and Jenks were sooo much better?? And I always heard rumors while I was in high school about Jenks recruiting players and giving their parents good jobs maybe the light is finally shining on the situation

sooner59
10/3/2009, 01:11 PM
Not to call you out, but just out of curiousness, were you deeply involved in high school athletics?

I don't know if he was, but I was and I sort of feel the same way. I played football at Davis, and anybody that knows much about Oklahoma high school football knows about Davis even though they are only 2A. When I played at Davis, I would eat, sleep, and breathe football. High school football was THE most important thing in my life (I have to laugh at this now). Since I graduated and then went to OU and have since graduated, I have lost all concern for high school football. I can't even remember the last time I saw one of their games. I usually just check scores once in a while and if they make a semi-finals or state championship appearance, I tend to show up since those games are normally closer to OKC. I just became immersed in college football, so high school football is only interesting for recruiting purposes to me. But I will agree with him when he says that small towns follow it avidly.

Soonerfan88
10/3/2009, 01:24 PM
Disclaimer: I'm not saying HS recruiting doesn't exist, just that it isn't always the case for transfers.

I grew up in a small town that is usually 2A but has sometimes dropped to A if enrollment drops just a bit. Down the road, where a lot of us work, is a 6A school - not great but at least it's 6A. Several families with good athletes have decided to uproot and move to the 6A city just to get their kid more exposure. When we hear so many horror stories about pushy little league parents, why is it unreasonable to think that the families themselves aren't shopping their kid? The coach doesn't have to do anything but sit in his office, offer playing time, and sell his program.

PhilTLL
10/3/2009, 01:31 PM

That's okay. The answer is no. And if one did play, I totally get being into it after high school. I don't have a problem with anyone actually being interested in high school football, for whatever reason they please. Just not my thing.

PS, the noun you're looking for is curiosity. ;)

LawtonBoy74
10/3/2009, 01:40 PM
OUCH...English teacher on board!! :pop:

StoopTroup
10/3/2009, 01:42 PM
I still root for the West because the East dominates every year...I always wondered why the East schools like Tulsa Union and Jenks were sooo much better?? And I always heard rumors while I was in high school about Jenks recruiting players and giving their parents good jobs maybe the light is finally shining on the situation

Yeah the West doesn't do anything like that....:rolleyes:

ROTLFLMFAO!

Eielson
10/3/2009, 02:19 PM
PS, the noun you're looking for is curiosity. ;)

It actually wasn't.

Eielson
10/3/2009, 02:37 PM
The reason for the East being so much better than West is mainly about size, and not recruiting unless we are talking about the Christian/Indian schools and probably Booker T.

The best three teams in the state this year are Jenks, Union, and Broken Arrow. Not coincidentally they are #1, #2, and #3 in school size also. I think that Owasso is next in size, and those are probably the main 4 that have earned the East it's reputation. These are off the top of my head, and I'm not going to look up all of the schools, but the size of the school tells the tale about how good a team is going to be over an extended period of time.

More kids means more to pick from, which indirectly means more talent. Sure, there will be a few schools that have an exceptional year or two of talent, but a school with 1,600 kids is not going to be able compete with schools with 3,000-4,000 kids year after year in a sport like football.

StoopTroup
10/3/2009, 02:41 PM
Tulsa Sperm>OKC Sperm.

Eielson
10/3/2009, 04:33 PM
Tulsa Sperm>OKC Sperm.

Obviously.

Mark_in_Tulsa
10/3/2009, 04:53 PM
Tulsa Sperm>OKC Sperm.

Tulsa Boobs> OKC Boobs.

Newbomb Turk
10/3/2009, 04:56 PM
Tulsa Sperm>OKC Sperm.

:eek:

ummm - I don't think I'd admit to knowing that.

47straight
10/7/2009, 03:05 AM
Whorn fans pinning the whole mess on OU

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2009/10/5/1071300/jenks-ok-coach-suspends-himself#22375824

wishbonesooner
10/7/2009, 07:15 AM
I hope no one acts the least bit surprised. If you do, you are very naive.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/7/2009, 09:11 AM
Jenks = Valdosta and now Lowndes county in Georgia. Back in the day we used to call Valdosta H.S. Valdosta State. Back then they probably could have beaten Valdosta State!

goingoneight
10/7/2009, 09:29 AM
Dear NCAA,
This is what cheating Trojans should get.

Sincerely,
College Football... namely PAC 10 recruiting rivals.

badger
10/7/2009, 09:52 AM
Here (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/highschool/article.aspx?subjectid=227&articleid=20091007_227_0_OKLAHO503517)'s the latest - OSSAA is in executive session.

Eielson
10/7/2009, 07:39 PM
I hope no one acts the least bit surprised. If you do, you are very naive.

I'm surprised.

I'm not a Jenks-lover or anything, but Jenks has been a high class organization through all my experiences with them. Players and coaches both, their class has been second to none. I think the hate for Jenks comes soley from the fact that they're good. No other reason.

And in all honesty, outside of the Lake incident, most of these don't seem to be a big deal. All schools have broken rules. If this is all that has happened then Jenks should get on a pat on the back for only having six offenses over the last ten years or whatever it was.

tulsaoilerfan
10/7/2009, 09:15 PM
I'm surprised.

I'm not a Jenks-lover or anything, but Jenks has been a high class organization through all my experiences with them. Players and coaches both, their class has been second to none. I think the hate for Jenks comes soley from the fact that they're good. No other reason.

And in all honesty, outside of the Lake incident, most of these don't seem to be a big deal. All schools have broken rules. If this is all that has happened then Jenks should get on a pat on the back for only having six offenses over the last ten years or whatever it was.

Cheating is cheating IMO

VA Sooner
10/7/2009, 09:18 PM
Have Trimble join the Sooners' coaching staff. I read his book on how to coach football... good read and good fundamentals.

Eielson
10/7/2009, 11:00 PM
Cheating is cheating IMO

I'm not claiming they shouldn't be punished. I just don't believe that Jenks is only good because they cheat, and I don't believe they are evil monsters.

wishbonesooner
10/8/2009, 10:35 AM
Years ago, Asher had maybe the best baseball program in the state. Kids would transfer to that little one stoplight town for one reason, to play for Murl Bowen. The chances for a scholarship were greatly increased if you played for him. All that was needed was an address there for it to be legal. There were lots of trailers set up with a mailbox that met the requirements for residence. Was that illegal? No. But was it cheating? You tell me.

NormanPride
10/8/2009, 10:52 AM
I'm surprised how much of a stink this has produced in the populace... On the "Animal Fodder" show this morning the moron compared it to the OU scandals in the late 80s. Seriously? People need to chill the **** out. The main problem is playing a kid who was ineligible because his previous school was holding his transcript ransom for unpaid fees.

OUmillenium
10/8/2009, 11:27 AM
The last 2 days I tuned in to the Sports Animal. Al and Trabor were going off on Jenks yesterday. Steeley the same today. Lots of venom. Seems like it stems from westside jealousy in not being able to compete. Sounds a lot like those in college football circles who are always after OU for any kind of violation or things as simple as speeding tickets, parking tickets, etc.

Jenks caught busted and needed some disciplinary measures. I don't know all the details so I can't say what the measure should be.

Is Jenks the only school violating various recruiting rules? No way. How much has the OSSAA investigated PCO for their yearly basketball transfers?

Or Union when their State Championship baseball team fielded 7-9 starters who were recent "move ins"?

Or the Asher baseball program during the 80s/early 90s?

Or the Owasso baseball program with their yearly dose of "move-ins" from Skiatook, Cville, and other small programs?

If not for Jenks ponying up their own money, an investigation probably would not have happened. The OSSAA = fail. At least Steeleman was right about 1 thing.